Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April Villa are bad, but 9's against a Liverpool side that has lost so many games recently? Personally I think a Liverpool lay is huge, huge value. Villa are dogged if nothing else and they aren't totally safe from relegation if the teams below pick up a bit of form. No team has drawn more home games than Liverpool and no team have drawn more away than Villa. I think McLeish will be delighted with a dour 0-0 draw, something Liverpool are no strangers to against the weaker sides. Personally given the circumstances I would have priced Liverpool at least 1.65. Several bookmakers offering 0-0 cashback insurance and I think that is a real possibility here.

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April Surely a draw here, Villa playing for Petrov aswell! Nzogbia may also be back for this game! Laying Liverpool would be of great Value, Villa have been in poor form recently and must get points from this game, Also likely to be a low scoring game!

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April Predicition: Under 2.5 goals, 1.8 @ bet365 Villa would be happy for a 0-0 here. Both teams are in the bottom 6 for average goals per game over their previous 8 matches. At home Liverpool have had 9/15 games finish under 2.5 goals. Villa have failed to score in 6 of their 15 away games, the game at Villa park finished 2-0 to Liverpool. Liverpool have scored a total of 19 in 15 home games. Posted Record w/odds 22-18 +13.5 units (flat betting 1 unit per game)

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April Liverpool vs Aston Villa Kenny has come under scrutiny finally in recent weeks. Despite him being King Kenny himself, his spending and the players he has bought in simply hasn't delivered. Lanky Carroll was a ridiculous buy for 35m, though is covered by the bigger fail of Fernando. On a run of results "as far as I can remember" says Kenny, he will need all 3 points to satisfy Anfield and the owners, otherwise even Kenny may be fearing the axe. Ex Birmingham boss Mcleish isnt popular round here either for Villa fans. With the relegation battle now stepped up, Villa are definitely not safe from relegation yet. On 33 points, there is still breathing space, but another round of wins for the relegation threatened sides and a loss here for Villa and they will be firmly dragged into a relegation battle. The problem with Liverpool this season have been quite clear. 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 draws at home have cost them points. I'm expecting a dry game and a lackluster Liverpool performance. I dont think anyone except Carragher or Gerrard half cares about finishing above Everton in the league. Though under pressure, a Wembley Semi-final is what the players will be relishing. Reina begins a ban for this match, whilst N'Zogbia will be a major boost to Villa's midfield. Cuellar and Weimann will probably miss the match. Under 2.5 2.120 188Bet 10/10

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April Woaaaaah, I would wait for line-ups before betting on this one, fella's. Villa rife with injuries right now. Add to the fact that they have a much more appealing fixture in Stoke at home on Monday, and who knows what side they'll put out. Best case scenario it may be something like this: Given, Hutton, Lichaj, Collins, Warnock; Albrighton, Gardner, Bannan; Ireland, Heskey, Agbonlahor Some decent indivduals, but I'd find it hard to back them at Anfield. Liverpool didn't play badly against Newcastle last time out, and obviously are under fire right now. Personally hoping for a Villa reserve side and backing Liverpool :hope

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.15 pinnacle Expect Liverpool to bounce back after losing 5 of their last 6 games as they had some misfortune in the loss to Newcastle, and now back home, where the crowd will be expecting them to win, like them to lift here. They face a Villa side that has allowed seven goals in its last two games, while they have also given up at least two goals in 6 of their last 7 games at Anfield. Liverpool beat them comfortably 2-0 at Villa Park earlier this season, and given the injuries that Villa have, like Liverpool to record a much needed win here. Season record: 136-187 (-5.78)

Teams via BBC... Liverpool 32 Doni 03 Jose Enrique 23 Carragher 37 Skrtel 38 Flanagan 08 Gerrard 14 Henderson 19 Downing 33 Shelvey 07 Suarez 18 Kuyt Substitutes 01 Jones 05 Agger 16 Coates 11 Maxi 20 Spearing 09 Carroll 39 Bellamy Aston Villa 01 Given 02 Hutton 03 Warnock 06 Collins 32 Baker 07 Ireland 25 Bannan 30 Lichaj 31 Herd 11 Agbonlahor 18 Heskey Substitutes 22 Guzan 29 Stevens 37 Williams 35 Johnson 38 Gardner 40 Carruthers 26 Weimann Ref: Oliver

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > 7 April

Liverpool vs Aston Villa Kenny has come under scrutiny finally in recent weeks. Despite him being King Kenny himself, his spending and the players he has bought in simply hasn't delivered. Lanky Carroll was a ridiculous buy for 35m, though is covered by the bigger fail of Fernando. On a run of results "as far as I can remember" says Kenny, he will need all 3 points to satisfy Anfield and the owners, otherwise even Kenny may be fearing the axe. Ex Birmingham boss Mcleish isnt popular round here either for Villa fans. With the relegation battle now stepped up, Villa are definitely not safe from relegation yet. On 33 points, there is still breathing space, but another round of wins for the relegation threatened sides and a loss here for Villa and they will be firmly dragged into a relegation battle. The problem with Liverpool this season have been quite clear. 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 draws at home have cost them points. I'm expecting a dry game and a lackluster Liverpool performance. I dont think anyone except Carragher or Gerrard half cares about finishing above Everton in the league. Though under pressure, a Wembley Semi-final is what the players will be relishing. Reina begins a ban for this match, whilst N'Zogbia will be a major boost to Villa's midfield. Cuellar and Weimann will probably miss the match. Under 2.5 2.120 188Bet 10/10
+11.2 units