Snooker: Malta Cup

Bezzina v Robertson (15:00 GMT)5.501.14sp.gif106%
sp.gifDay v Doherty (15:00 GMT)2.251.72sp.gif103%
sp.gifFord v Grech (15:00 GMT)1.146.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifBorg v Gunnell (19:00 GMT)3.751.28sp.gif105%
sp.gifEbdon v Holt (19:00 GMT)1.532.80sp.gif101%
sp.gifHamilton v Lee (19:00 GMT)2.201.83sp.gif100%
sp.gif Tuesday 1 February 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifHawkins v Hendry (15:00 GMT)3.501.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifMaguire v Swail (15:00 GMT)1.284.40sp.gif101%
sp.gifHenry v Higgins (19:00 GMT)3.751.33sp.gif102%
sp.gif Wednesday 2 February 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifHann v O'Sullivan (15:00 GMT)5.001.26sp.gif100%
sp.gifHunter v Pettman (16:00 GMT)1.254.60sp.gif102%
sp.gifBurnett v Davis (19:00 GMT)2.151.83sp.gif102%
sp.gifMilkins v White (19:00 GMT)2.201.83sp.gif100%

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Like the look of Doherty @ 1.72 to take out Day. Doherty showed some decent form in the last tourny and is a class act on top form. Day is also a very good player, but if Doherty is on song I would expect him to win. :ok Also, like the look of Jimmy and Steve Davis at the prices. ;)

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Wow, almost missed the start of this tournament completely;). A quick scan suggests the following 2 bets........ 5pt 5-fold: N.Robertson - D.Bezzina @ 1.10 (5-1) :D T.Ford - J.Grech @ 1.10 (5-1) :D S.Maguire - J.Swail @ 1.27 (5-4) :D P.Hunter - S.Pettman @ 1.16 (3-5) :( R.O'Sullivan - Q.Hann @ 1.16 (w/o) :D Odds of 2.07 (Gamebookers) 2pt 6-fold: N.Robertson - D.Bezzina @ 1.10 (5-1) :D T.Ford - J.Grech @ 1.10 (5-1) :D S.Maguire - J.Swail @ 1.27 (5-4) :D P.Hunter - S.Pettman @ 1.16 (3-5) :( R.O'Sullivan - Q.Hann @ 1.16 (w/o) :D J.Higgins - D.Henry @ 1.31 (5-4) :D Odds of 2.71 (Gamebookers) I must admit, there's one or two players I've never heard of, so if I should know anything special about D.Bezzina and J.Grech please feel free to advise me;). Otherwise I'll just place the bets as they are. Good luck:ok

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup 1.85 T.Ford - T.Drago 1.85 (Gamebookers) Thinking of placing money on T.Ford to win this. In the previous 2 qualifying rounds he has beaten Nick Walker 5-3 and Dave Harold 5-3. I remember Dave Harold being a fairly unspectacular player, but tough. What's T.Drago like these days? Is he still very hot and cold with a suspect temperment? Does he still play too fast for his ability? He never struck me as somebody who was as mentally strong as the top professionals, and that's why I think T.Ford can beat him. Or am I totally wrong?;)

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Another bet I'm considering is: 2.00 J.Burnett - S.Davis 1.74 (Gamebookers) The only thing stopping me is the fact that Paul Ross fancies Davis to win:(. J.Burnett beat D.Dale 5-1 in his last qualifying match, and Davis lost 5-1 against M.Fu in the Snooker Premier League. I read a report from www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk that said Davis looked a bit ring rusty. So, I'm using that as an excuse to *maybe* go with my gut feeling.:hope

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup

What do you guys make of Neil Robertson beating Mark Williams? On the form of the Welsh Open' date=' Robertson should nick this comfortably - and it's a pretty comfortable price he's got here... :hope[/quote'] ed how do you nick something comfortably :eek only kidding mate:ok

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Robertson has got every chance in beating Williams would be no suprise If Robertson won to me. Regarding Tom Ford haven't that much of him but what i have seen he aint that bad, yet to make a impact in the latter stages of tourmanents. Dint have much to play yesterday in his wildcard but going by the breaks he knocked in , he must be in a bit of form plus i think he made 4 centuries in a 9 frame match a couple of weeks ago. Apart from beating Robertson in one of the qualifiers Drago has done nothing this year but he is playing on home soil though that can go go either way inspiring him or losing it. If you back Ford at least take the evens or better again you will probably able to lay Drago at Betfair at around 1.9.

I see the aforementioned outlaw is now 3 - 2 up v Maguire.
I placed money on Maguire when he was 2-0 up, and then he loses 3 frames in a row:o. I think I jinxed him:cry. 3-3 now, but I'm not enjoying this;).

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Well done Paul, but he made you sweat. Maguire doesn't seem to be showing the same form as earlier in the season. He's as low as 4/1 for the World Championships, top price 7/1 which I think is far too low. Ronnie is 7/4 which is about right, but I think I'll have a bet on Hendry at 10/1 - if I can get on with Gamebookers. I may also have an each way on Ebdon and Doherty at 50s and 40s - both know how to win a WC. It appears to me that there are very few players capable of winning the WC, but I think Hendry, Ebdon and Doherty are players who are.

4pt single: T.Ford - T.Drago @ 1.86 (5-4) :D
These 5-4 matches are killing me!!:lol
5pt 5-fold: N.Robertson - D.Bezzina @ 1.10 (5-1) :D T.Ford - J.Grech @ 1.10 (5-1) :D S.Maguire - J.Swail @ 1.27 (5-4) :D P.Hunter - S.Pettman @ 1.16 pending... R.O'Sullivan - Q.Hann @ 1.16 (w/o) :D Odds of 2.07 (Gamebookers) 2pt 6-fold: N.Robertson - D.Bezzina @ 1.10 (5-1) :D T.Ford - J.Grech @ 1.10 (5-1) :D S.Maguire - J.Swail @ 1.27 (5-4) :D P.Hunter - S.Pettman @ 1.16 pending... R.O'Sullivan - Q.Hann @ 1.16 (w/o) :D J.Higgins - D.Henry @ 1.31 (5-4) :D Odds of 2.71 (Gamebookers)
Anyone know much about S.Pettman. Should I place a bet on him at 4.70 or should I let it ride:tongue2 ?

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Pettman is a prolific break builder in practice and pro-ams but has never really transferred that to the main tour. He can beat Hunter, as most players can beat each other these days. I would have a little saver if I was you, maybe to just cover your stake. ;) I looked at Robertson myself, but I always worry about a player bouncing back to form, because Williams can't keep playing as bad as he is for much longer.

sp.gifThursday 3 February 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged or price fluctuations occur with pool betting. for more information see help page. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifEbdon v Higgins (15:00 GMT)2.501.63sp.gif102%
sp.gifHamilton v Hendry (15:00 GMT)3.751.36sp.gif100%
sp.gifRobertson v White (15:00 GMT)1.622.50sp.gif102%
sp.gifDavis v Pettman (19:00 GMT)1.832.20sp.gif100%
sp.gifDoherty v Ford (19:00 GMT)1.473.00sp.gif102%
sp.gifDott v O'Sullivan (20:00 GMT)4.501.27sp.gif101%

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup As much as I rate Robertson, I think that's a poor price for him to beat Jimmy. :\ Seems like Jimmy and Steve Davis and grinding out wins judging by the lack of breaks. Pettman could be in for a tough match, and I would side with Davis to progress. 1.47 is a decent enough price on Doherty to beat Ford also, Doherty is a class above him on his best form. :ok

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup I haven't opened an account with BetFair yet, but while I was checking out the site I came across this: <a href=betfair.gif"> It seems to me that you back Pettman @ 2.14 and you can lay Pettman @ 2.26 (ie. Davis to win). Is this correct? Is this an example of arbitration (ie. guaranteed profit)? Or maybe I'm reading it the wrong way;).

I haven't opened an account with BetFair yet, but while I was checking out the site I came across this: <a href=betfair.gif"> It seems to me that you back Pettman @ 2.14 and you can lay Pettman @ 2.26 (ie. Davis to win). Is this correct? Is this an example of arbitration (ie. guaranteed profit)? Or maybe I'm reading it the wrong way;).
BACK is your buying price and LAY is your selling price - in other words, you're buying Pettman at 2.14 (you stand to win 1.14 for every dollar you could potentially lose) and selling Pettman at 2.26 (you stand to lose 1.26 for every dollar you could potentially win). Hope that clears things up. ;)