Stoke v Man City > 24 March

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March Stoke (+0.5, +1.0 AH) @ 2.075 with Bet365 It's always a tough call to find value in the Premier League result markets, but I think Man City are being overestimated here. Of course, last night's win from behind against Chelsea will be a massive boost for Mancini's side and keeps their title ambitions in their own hands with Man U still to visit the Etihad, but if home form were anything to go by, City would be champions already. On the road, it's a very different story, with just 2 wins from 8 in the league and neither of those convincing (0-1 triumphs at Wigan and Villa). Stoke haven't quite been their normal, reliable selves at the Britannia this season, although a home record of 6-4-4 isn't too shabby, but their exit from the Europa League has coincided with a mini upturn in form. Home wins against Swansea & Norwich were followed with a narrow defeat at Chelsea, having spent most of the game with 10 men, and last night's very creditable point at White Hart Lane. With no cup competitions left to distract them, I'd expect Tony Pulis' side to push on and try to finally achieve a top half finish after 3 seasons of just missing out.

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March I agree about Stoke. City look too short here. Only thing to add is to note Stoke do well against the good sides at home, which aids this bet. They drew with Chelsea and United, and beat us and Liverpool. Like you say they are out the cup games like these will be the highlights of the season and they will give their all. They had a tiring game last night but so did City, they also rested a few players last night so will have some fresher legs to come back. My bet is Stoke +1 (AH ) with Bet365. 1 pt.

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March

I agree about Stoke. City look too short here. Only thing to add is to note Stoke do well against the good sides at home' date=' which aids this bet. They drew with Chelsea and United, and beat us and Liverpool. Like you say they are out the cup games like these will be the highlights of the season and they will give their all. They had a tiring game last night but so did City, they also rested a few players last night so will have some fresher legs to come back. My bet is Stoke +1 (AH ) with Bet365. 1 pt.[/quote'] Really wouldn't see myself opposing City right now. I've maintained they'll win the league all season, and the Chelsea game was an emphatic reminder. to not lose that game was some achievement, but to actually win it? Cannot see them letting that momentum slip. Stoke aren't the force they were at home, and will probably have one or two ''on the beach'' performances between now and the end of the season. They were also very lucky to not get spanked at Spurs. Edit: Would hope City would of learnt their lesson from the Swansea game too.

I'd expect Tony Pulis' side to push on and try to finally achieve a top half finish after 3 seasons of just missing out.
I can't imagine for one second this is ample motivation to take City the whole way.

Really wouldn't see myself opposing City right now. I've maintained they'll win the league all season, and the Chelsea game was an emphatic reminder. to not lose that game was some achievement, but to actually win it? Cannot see them letting that momentum slip. Stoke aren't the force they were at home, and will probably have one or two ''on the beach'' performances between now and the end of the season. They were also very lucky to not get spanked at Spurs. Edit: Would hope City would of learnt their lesson from the Swansea game too.
Stoke not the force they were at home? I still think they do it for the big boys, their poor performances have all been against lesser teams. I doubt they are ready yet for "on the beach" performances, it's only March. Especially not against Man City at home. I wouldnt say they were lucky at WHL. We had loads of shots, corners and possession but didn't really trouble their keeper too much. A draw was a fair result really. They defended well. City have only won 50% of their away games, Stoke have only lost four at home. Potentially, Man City's biggest enemy is themselves with all the egos at play. Balotelli and Tevez to manage now. IMO value is on Stoke, but I wouldn't go in really heavy on this one.

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March Stoke have played well at home against top sides this season. They have drawn 1-1 and 0-0 against Man.United and Chelsea respectively and won 2-1 against Tottenham. Moreover, Stoke have scored in 11 out of their 14 home games. Even though Man.City are doing well at the moment I don't think it will be an easy one for them. Interesting fact is that Citizens have only dropped points away against teams in the middle of the table. Furthermore, in their last 3 away games against Stoke they drew 1-1 twice in the Premier League and lost 1-3 in FA Cup. All the stats point to 1-1 draw, but since I don't bet on correct score markets I will take a safer option. Both to Score @ 1.95 (3 units) ​Bet365

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March I see nothing but a Manchester City win in this fixture. Stoke havn't really been a force this season at the Birtannia like last season. With Manchester United beating fulham a near formality tommorow, nothing but a win here for Manchester City will give them a decent chance for the title. they don't want to drift more than 3 points away, with the clash at the Etihad later this season the key to the title in my opinion. Manchester united have a great run-in apart from the Derby and I really dont see them dropping too many points at all. Both teams played on Wednesday and of course won't be fresh for this game. Manchester city's away games have also been very tight so far this season. I see them getting a clinical win here, and not really motor until the second half. 0 - 1 or 0 - 2 is what I see, and 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 is the only other two scorelines I see Manchester City being held at. Under 2.5 1.880 188Bet (coinstance!) 10/10 Manchester city -0.75 1.900 188Bet 10/10

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March This is a typical towards the end of season match where teams are now starting to get priced on motivation. If this was a match in November, there's absolutely no way Stoke would be as high as 6.60 to win this considering how difficult they are to beat at home. No European distractions anymore and there's no way they will be taking their foot off the pedal, if anything they'll put the accelerator right down for this. There's no doubting Man City are the better team by a long way, but can they handle the pressure of matches like this? It's yet to be proven in my opinion. Chelsea came here @ 1.70 and drew. Liverpool came here @ 2.25 and lost. Man Utd came here @ 1.53 and drew. Spurs came here @ 2.00 and lost. Still sure you want the 1.66? It's no value whatsoever, even if they beat them 5-0, the bet would still have been no value before the match.

Re: Stoke v Man City > 24 March Over 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Stoke have gone over in 6 of their last 10 home games, and with City without Lescott, and maybe Kompany once again, their defence looks suspect, especially as Stoke are likely to target them in the air. Conversely, Man City pulled off a massive win over Chelsea midweek and they will be boosted by that as that could be the game that ends up winning the title for them, as expect them to beat Man Utd at home. Both teams have scored in their last 3 meetings at Stoke, and can see it happening again here, and especiallly like Man City to score at least twice here, as they are a team with plenty of quality that can score goals Season record: 134-176 (+2.47)

This is a typical towards the end of season match where teams are now starting to get priced on motivation. If this was a match in November, there's absolutely no way Stoke would be as high as 6.60 to win this considering how difficult they are to beat at home. No European distractions anymore and there's no way they will be taking their foot off the pedal, if anything they'll put the accelerator right down for this. There's no doubting Man City are the better team by a long way, but can they handle the pressure of matches like this? It's yet to be proven in my opinion. Chelsea came here @ 1.70 and drew. Liverpool came here @ 2.25 and lost. Man Utd came here @ 1.53 and lost. Spurs came here @ 2.00 and lost. Still sure you want the 1.66? It's no value whatsoever, even if they beat them 5-0, the bet would still have been no value before the match.
Man Utd drew 1-1. Anyway I still like your point there is little value

Stoke have played well at home against top sides this season. They have drawn 1-1 and 0-0 against Man.United and Chelsea respectively and won 2-1 against Tottenham. Moreover, Stoke have scored in 11 out of their 14 home games. Even though Man.City are doing well at the moment I don't think it will be an easy one for them. Interesting fact is that Citizens have only dropped points away against teams in the middle of the table. Furthermore, in their last 3 away games against Stoke they drew 1-1 twice in the Premier League and lost 1-3 in FA Cup. All the stats point to 1-1 draw, but since I don't bet on correct score markets I will take a safer option. Both to Score @ 1.95 (3 units) ​Bet365
Exactly as I predicted. Overall not a bad day for me.

I see nothing but a Manchester City win in this fixture. Stoke havn't really been a force this season at the Birtannia like last season. With Manchester United beating fulham a near formality tommorow, nothing but a win here for Manchester City will give them a decent chance for the title. they don't want to drift more than 3 points away, with the clash at the Etihad later this season the key to the title in my opinion. Manchester united have a great run-in apart from the Derby and I really dont see them dropping too many points at all. Both teams played on Wednesday and of course won't be fresh for this game. Manchester city's away games have also been very tight so far this season. I see them getting a clinical win here, and not really motor until the second half. 0 - 1 or 0 - 2 is what I see, and 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 is the only other two scorelines I see Manchester City being held at. Under 2.5 1.880 188Bet (coinstance!) 10/10 Manchester city -0.75 1.900 188Bet 10/10
What an amazing goal by crouch! Even without that value was definitely on the Stoke side today. -1.2 units