** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ligue 1 - March 17-18

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 17 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]AJ Auxerre v Evian TG (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]AS Nancy v Montpellier HSC (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]FC Lorient v Stade Brestois 29 (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Girondins de Bordeaux v AC Ajaccio (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Olympique Marseille v Dijon FCO (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.47[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]SM Caen v Paris Saint-Germain (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.94[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saint-Étienne v Olympique Lyonnais (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 18 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sochaux-Montbéliard v OGC Nice (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Stade Rennais v Toulouse FC (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Lille OSC v Valenciennes FC (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 1 - March 17-18 Hi guys, just some thoughts from me about tomorrows games. Auxerre - Evian Auxerre are winless in 10 games and they last picked up 3 points way back in December. They have stabilised more recently, and this is almost a ‘must win game’ for them. There is no value on Auxerre, so I’d be tempted to back Evian here. But its often quite dangerous to back away sides in France. If I had to stick my neck out I’d say X2 though. Bordeaux - Ajaccio The hosts have really impressed me recently with their style of play. It looks pretty fluent and with the exception of them losing to Nice at home, they’ve definitely been one of the form teams. Ajaccio know they just have to keep playing well at home to stay up, road games will be much more difficult for them. Bordeaux should in theory win comfortably, so id be looking to take them on some sort of cap. Caen - PSG PSG continue to play average football away from home, yet are getting results. I respect them for getting the job done, but there’s no doubt they’ve been lucky too and this will come back to bite them in the ass one day. Caen should be good opponents for them because the Normans like to play attacking football. PSG should have enough gaps to exploit and I would expect them to win. Over 2.5 or even over 3.5 might be the better bet though. Lorient - Brest This is a big derby game between two rivals who hate each other. Lorient haven’t won any of their last 12 games, but they have a good chance here. Usually they do well in this fixture and Brest did look pretty shocking last week. Lorient @ odds on though? Really they are poor value and should probably be best swerved, even though I think they will win. Marseille - Dijon OM have had a lot of matches recently, have plenty of injuries and also played just 3 days ago against Inter. They are going to get a win in the ligue again soon, and it could be too tonight. But overall id say avoid them until they prove themselves more. They are pretty poor value here and a better bet is either over 2.5 or simply to swerve altogether. Nancy - Montpellier Nancy have looked much more solid recently but this is going to be a big test. Montpellier have been playing superb football recently and the visitors should get the 3 points. They are a side who I rate highly, I’d say go and back them here. St Etienne - Lyon The big match of the night and one of the biggest matches of the season in ligue 1. St Etienne haven’t beaten Lyon at home for a long time, can they finally achieve it? I think its going to be a close game, its amazing how often Lyon always seem to raise themselves for this fixture and play well. There is something about the way SE are playing this season though, if they turn up and perform they could do it, so might be worth a punt.

Re: Ligue 1 - March 17-18 Nancy v Montpelier Nancy have only won 1 of their last 5 at home and face a Montpelier side that are unbeaten in their last 8 and pushing PSG for the top spot. I have Montpelier well clear on my french ratings - not only on the last 2 matches, but on the last 4 also. I think Montpelier @ 2.30 Betvictor is a decent bet here. :ok

Re: Ligue 1 - March 17-18

Nancy v Montpelier Nancy have only won 1 of their last 5 at home and face a Montpelier side that are unbeaten in their last 8 and pushing PSG for the top spot. I have Montpelier well clear on my french ratings - not only on the last 2 matches, but on the last 4 also. I think Montpelier @ 2.30 Betvictor is a decent bet here. :ok
Its about time people did take Montpellier more seriously. they have actually played the best football out of anyone this season, and that includes PSG. It really wouldn't surprise me if they won the title

Re: Ligue 1 - March 17-18 St Etienne v Lyon I'm with Meatman here, I think St Etienne are well worth a bet here.

I realise this is a derby match, but the odds always dictate your bet and I think St Etienne are just too big here. My

french ratings have St Etienne way clear of Lyon, who are winless in their last 5 away matches, losing 4 of them and scoring only 2 goals! St Etienne have won 3 of their last 5 matches at home and are pushing for a spot in Europe. I think these prices are just plain wrong. St Etienne @ 2.70 Stan James is the bet to be on imo. :ok

Nancy v Montpelier Nancy have only won 1 of their last 5 at home and face a Montpelier side that are unbeaten in their last 8 and pushing PSG for the top spot. I have Montpelier well clear on my french ratings - not only on the last 2 matches, but on the last 4 also. I think Montpelier @ 2.30 Betvictor is a decent bet here. :ok
If Belhanda and Giroud are on the team sheet I will be backing Montpellier.

St Etienne v Lyon I'm with Meatman here, I think St Etienne are well worth a bet here.

I realise this is a derby match, but the odds always dictate your bet and I think St Etienne are just too big here. My

french ratings have St Etienne way clear of Lyon, who are winless in their last 5 away matches, losing 4 of them and scoring only 2 goals! St Etienne have won 3 of their last 5 matches at home and are pushing for a spot in Europe. I think these prices are just plain wrong. St Etienne @ 2.70 Stan James is the bet to be on imo. :ok

St Etienne haven't beaten Lyon at Geoffroy Guichard since 1994 so I'd be wary of backing St Etienne. moreover they lost at home the week before when I backed them as they looked to be a banker. Lyon have no champions league distractions anymore and they have a history of finishing strongly in the league.

Re: Ligue 1 - March 17-18 To be honest, I dont think H2H is really an important factor with games. Really it means nothing what happened 18 years ago. I have personally never considered H2Hs when betting, it can cloud judgement. What really matters is here and now. Lyon quite simply aren't the team they once were and are a bit overestimated these days. They are just a moderately good team in France now.

St Etienne haven't beaten Lyon at Geoffroy Guichard since 1994 so I'd be wary of backing St Etienne. moreover they lost at home the week before when I backed them as they looked to be a banker. Lyon have no champions league distractions anymore and they have a history of finishing strongly in the league.