UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 8 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Atlético Madrid v Besiktas JK (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Twente v FC Schalke 04 (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Metalist Kharkiv v Olympiacos (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting CP v Manchester City (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] AZ Alkmaar v Udinese (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Manchester United v Athletic Bilbao (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Standard de Liège v Hannover 96 (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Valencia v PSV Eindhoven (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March PSV Eindhoven really is overpriced here. Valencia isn't playing that good, and will perhaps underestimate PSV. While PSV plays very good at the Europe League, they are also 1st in the Eredivisie. I think there is Value here for PSV.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March

PSV Eindhoven really is overpriced here. Valencia isn't playing that good' date=' and will perhaps underestimate PSV. While PSV plays very good at the Europe League, they are also 1st in the Eredivisie. I think there is Value here for PSV.[/quote'] I know little about Dutch football and whether any players were rested,but I couldn't help noticing that psv lost 6-2 at home at the weekend, which would make me nervous. I think Valencia were too strong for Stoke in the last round and can see why it has been priced up. greatful for any input

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Man Utd - Man City Double - 2.81 at Paddy Power I am surprised at the odds here, especially on Man City and expected something like 1.6. Sporting Lisbon are not the side they used to be and are currently 4th in the league table. Although they have a good home record they will be no match for Man City who can use their extensive squad to get an easy win. Man Utd should beat Bilbao at home and try and build a good league ahead of the away leg where they will look to rest players if possible. Let me know what you think

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March PSV has a pretty nice attack force, but their defence isn't good at all (which cost them last weekend, 6-2 loss at home versus Twente with pretty much their entire squad at full strength). They might be slightly overpriced, but in all honesty I can't see them winning or even getting out a draw against a motivated Valencia side. I have actually taken a small bet on Valencia, simply because Dutch teams never do good away from home against the sub top of the Spanish league... the class difference is too much.

PSV has a pretty nice attack force, but their defence isn't good at all (which cost them last weekend, 6-2 loss at home versus Twente with pretty much their entire squad at full strength). They might be slightly overpriced, but in all honesty I can't see them winning or even getting out a draw against a motivated Valencia side. I have actually taken a small bet on Valencia, simply because Dutch teams never do good away from home against the sub top of the Spanish league... the class difference is too much.
That is the reason I am having a punt on Valencia. In fact, I love the offensive potential of PSV, Mertens is one of my favourite players. But facing a solid Valencia side, who is an experienced side I see the attackers of PSV denied. Having Soldado in great shape, I can see him scoring at least once against a bad defence of PSV. The 6-time greeting from Twente adds to this. Valencia is almost sure on the third spot in Primera, so they can put their focus on Europa League. Valencia -1 @2,55 (local) I may also try Atletico -1@1,95 but there is no need to hurry.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Well I must go back at my point. No value for PSV, they were horrible against Twente! The Reason is our horrible coach, Fred Rutten! Stupid that they dont firm him! But I will go for this match: FC Twente - Schalke 04: FC Twente to win 2,20 @Titanbet Fc Twente is in a very good shape. They have, how sad it is, destroyed us at home with 2-6. Ola John, Willemsen, Fer and de Jong are playing very good. Schalke has a bad defence, and they will play without topstriker Huntelaar. They will also miss some defenders, and if you watched Freiburg - Schalke 04 this weekend, you have seen that they had a lot of problems on the defence. I will go definitely here for a win for home side!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March AZ Alkmaar - Udinese Calcio: AZ Alkmaar to win 2,10 @Titanbet AZ is playing very good this year, playing for the Champions League next season, they maybe also become champions of the eredivisie this year. They are going to give everything they have. They also have a very good squad, nobody is injured or suspensed. At home, they didn't lose this season. Everybody thought that Anderlecht will win easyly against, but AZ were very much better and could have won 4-0. Udinese is good, but in Alkmaar I dont see them winning or take a draw, especialy not with AZ's home form.

AZ Alkmaar - Udinese Calcio: AZ Alkmaar to win 2,10 @Titanbet AZ is playing very good this year, playing for the Champions League next season, they maybe also become champions of the eredivisie this year. They are going to give everything they have. They also have a very good squad, nobody is injured or suspensed. At home, they didn't lose this season. Everybody thought that Anderlecht will win easyly against, but AZ were very much better and could have won 4-0. Udinese is good, but in Alkmaar I dont see them winning or take a draw, especialy not with AZ's home form.
AZ is not untouchable; you saw a week ago Heerenveen putting 3 past them (although AZ was better in the game). Udinese is a strong side, players like Di Natale, Armero and Benatia do not exist in your league. I think you are not that much objective, since you first called for PSV, now you go HW on Twente and AZ. I like the offensive football in your league, but be honest and say that the defences of your teams are not at the best level. Good luck anyway!

AZ is not untouchable; you saw a week ago Heerenveen putting 3 past them (although AZ was better in the game). Udinese is a strong side, players like Di Natale, Armero and Benatia do not exist in your league. I think you are not that much objective, since you first called for PSV, now you go HW on Twente and AZ. I like the offensive football in your league, but be honest and say that the defences of your teams are not at the best level. Good luck anyway!
I did not say that they are untouchable, but Udinese is also not untouchable. I mean, they are not Barcelona, Real Madrid or AC Milan? Not at that level at all. And if you look at the results of Udinese in the Europa League, they don't impress me at all. It's like their focus is on the Serie A. And I didn't say that I will go for a PSV win. I wanted to do some asian handicap on them, but it is not a call after that 2-6. Perhaps you say that the eredivisie is not that good, perhaps, but after England and Spain the Dutch teams have collected the most uefa coefficent points this year. And about AZ. If you read my post of 2 weeks ago, I did tell that people should not touch the game AZ - Heerenveen. Because AZ always dont play very good after Europa League, and Heerenveen plays very good this year. You also good luck!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Both Strootman (dutch international and a very good midfielder) and Engelaar (meh) are (most likely) going to play against Valencia, both of them wherent there last sunday against Twente. Still doesn't change the fact that the PSV defence is going to have a very hard time against Valencia and I'm still expecting a relatively easy Valencia win.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Sporting Lisbon v Man City Watched city beat Porto at the Dragao 1-2 and Sporting play the same open 4-3-3 attacking formation as porto except the individual cogs which make up that system are of lesser quality than Porto's. They know they will lose at Eastlands so will attack here and may score but just can't see how they're gonna stop the City counter attacks. Aguero & Silva were rested at the weekend and are therefore likely to start, and city can bring on squad players like Johnson, Kolarov etc etc and still dominate Lisbon for quality. (Like Pizarro alot and think he's good precisely for these types of games) Sporting don't have the sort of defensive steel that you need to keep city at bay and the city attackers could really take advantage here. Also Lisbon lost 0-1 away to bottom portuguese side at weekend so dont know how deeply to read into that. Valencia v PSV Valencia look to be taking this competition fairly seriously and thats all I need to feel reasonably confident they'll win this. Valencia are used to playing a much higher standard of football week in week out and against much tougher opponents than PSV experience in Holland where they are no longer one of the top 2 teams as once was the case. Their defence seems to be made of paper and in Holland teams concede goals for fun. If players like Soldado, Aduriz, Feghouli, Pablo Hernandez, Jonas, Piatti etc start they can easily rip them open at Mestalla. Valencia have a fairly strong defence and that's enough to win this game. MAN UTD BILBAO (No bet) This is a No Bet for me. Purely because we saw at home to ajax that Ferguson honestly doesn't give a rats about this comp as long as he wins EPL. This was evident in his team selection where he picked all players coming back from injury and a young inexperienced defense and after going 1-0 up they just treaded water and lost 1-2. In fainess Utd doesn't have the depth of city to throw at Europa league and is chasing a championship unlike Valencia who can afford to focus on this. Not to mention Bilbao are a very decent team (alot better than Ajax imo) with players who are capable of hurting you in a game. So the obvious motivation difference of Valencia and City compared to that of United makes me feel much better about focussing on those two and leaving utd alone here. So I'll wait to before kickoff to get an idea of team news, line-ups and motivation before deciding the bets but anyway this is my thinking at this stage.

Valencia v PSV Valencia look to be taking this competition fairly seriously and thats all I need to feel reasonably confident they'll win this. Valencia are used to playing a much higher standard of football week in week out and against much tougher opponents than PSV experience in Holland where they are no longer one of the top 2 teams as once was the case. Their defence seems to be made of paper and in Holland teams concede goals for fun. If players like Soldado, Aduriz, Feghouli, Pablo Hernandez, Jonas, Piatti etc start they can easily rip them open at Mestalla. Valencia have a fairly strong defence and that's enough to win this game. MAN UTD BILBAO (No bet) This is a No Bet for me. Purely because we saw at home to ajax that Ferguson honestly doesn't give a rats about this comp as long as he wins EPL. This was evident in his team selection where he picked all players coming back from injury and a young inexperienced defense and after going 1-0 up they just treaded water and lost 1-2. In fainess Utd doesn't have the depth of city to throw at Europa league and is chasing a championship unlike Valencia who can afford to focus on this. Not to mention Bilbao are a very decent team (alot better than Ajax imo) with players who are capable of hurting you in a game. So the obvious motivation difference of Valencia and City compared to that of United makes me feel much better about focussing on those two and leaving utd alone here. So I'll wait to before kickoff to get an idea of team news, line-ups and motivation before deciding the bets but anyway this is my thinking at this stage.
I agree with you about those two games. If we (PSV) just had a better defence then this crackling fools, we really could take a draw here. But I cant fancy something else then a Valencia win. But you should know that Strootman is back, one of our most important player. In the defence we are very weak, but the midfield and attack can score against Valencia. So perhaps BTTS is a good bet. And about Man Utd, I think there is some value for Bilbao. Man Utd plays very lazy and stupid this year in Europe (Basel, Benfica, Ajax). We just have to whait the line ups. Good luck mate!:)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March AZ – Udinese Can’t understand why the hometeam is fav here. They are playing not so great the last weeks, but they are winning his matches. I think Udinese will clear this in the first match. The Italians have a lot off days after the second match against AZ a very important match against Napoli in the competition. If they will play Champions League next season, they must win against Napoli. If Udinese comes with his first squad, I don’t see AZ to win at home. 4/10 Udinese +0.5 @ 1.79

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March FC Twente – Schalke 04 Two clubs where supporters have a friendship. FC Twente playing great last weekend against PSV. But since McClaren is back, I see this team as the favorite for the championship in the competition. Twente have a great midfield and attacking line, a lot off great youngsters who are playing great every match and who can make a individual action. Schalke 04 without Huntelaar, he have a injury. But they can make goals without him. Only, I don’t see Schalke playing every week. See a lot off value in this pick, nice line! 3/10 Over 2.25 goals @ 1.79

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Europa League won't be as important as Premier League but United don't play "lazy and stupid"... You can put as much money as you want on Bilbao - you will loose it! I really think United can win this one with a clean sheet aswell... 3-0 or 4-0. I am saying this without any kind of knowlege about Bilbao but where Villarreal, Betis and Rayo can score 2 goals and Real Madrid 4 goals United can score 3 or more...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Utd vs Bilbao Sticking to the premier league and the games im familiar with, I actually feel there is marginal value in Manchester united, despite their recent trouble being beaten by Ajax. Manchester united have an excellent run in until the end of the season and with the derby at the Eithad to come in April, arguably Manchester united may even feel they should be favorites, despite being two points adrift. Having come out of their tough run of games with nearly as many points as Ferguson could have hoped for, perhaps he will see this as a competition thats is not at their priority. Still, Old trafford will be expecting a win and more importantly a good football game. However, Ferguson has said he will field a strong team. I expect United to take a commanding two goal lead away to spain at good odds. Manchester united -1.5 2.400 Pinnacle 3/10

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Sporting Lisbon v Man City Over-confidence can be a dangerous thing but it is difficult to see how Manchester City can have any fears ahead of Thursday's trip to Portugal to take on Sporting Lisbon. The Citizens dispatched the Portuguese champions, FC Porto with aplomb in the last round of the Europa League and there is no doubting that Sporting are an inferior side to their compatriots. Verdict -> Man City to win all the way

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Man Utd vs Bilbao =both teams to score (1.80) / over (1.66) bet365 stakes 7/10 Preview: Man Utd: Injured: Lindegaard (goalkeeper 8/0), Vidic (defender 6/0), Owen (striker 1/0), Fletcher (midfielder 8/1); in doubt: Valencia (midfielder 17/2), Scholes (midfielder 7/2). Bilbao: Injured: Aitor Ocio (defender 0/0), Gurpegi (midfielder 7/0), Castillo (defender 0/0); Suspended: Amorebieta (defender 20/3). The Man Utd is in good shape in this period, in the last 11 games in all competitions showed w8-d1-l2. It 's pretty unusual to see Man Utd play in the Europa League, they play a very attacking football but at the same time are capable of playing well on the counterattack. In the previous game have had some problems, were able to win against Ajax in Holland with a score of 2-0 but lost the return 1-2 with a disappointing performance. Marcelo Bielsa has made ​​a great team, full of faith and conscious of their strength. They have good players like Llorente, Muniain, Javi Martinez, Ander Herrera, Itturaspe etc. ... The Bilbao has already qualified for the finals of the Coppa del Rey where he will face the squadron star of Barcelona, is fighting for fourth place for the next Champions League. The Bilbao in the last 11 games in all competitions showed w7-d2-l2. Both teams have great strikers, the Man Utd in the last 41 games this season has always indicated except once against Newcastle where the game ended 3-0 to Newcastle. The Bilbao in the last 41 games played this season has scored at least one goal in 37 games and only 4 remained dry. In the end I think this is a game with many goals from actions. Quote of the over down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Sporting Lisbon v Manchester City 16, clear We know all about City, but Sporting (with new coach) is enigma for me. Still expect their strengthened defensive as the best striker is sidelined (as far as I know). Just for fun... under 2,5 @1.86 Pinnacle 1/10 Valencia v PSV Eindhoven 10, clear No values, no bet for me... Atletico Madrid v Besiktas 10, clear A lot absences for both teams. No value there, although amazing Falcao is back... AZ Alkmaar - Udinese 5, partly cloudy Like game in Enschede... (One Dutch team "must" win tonight) :) AZ @2.15 Stan James 2/10 Manchester Utd v Atletic Bilbao 5, cloudy Twente v Schalke 04 4, cloudy Home team is in much better shape, and away side will be without important Huntelaar, Howedes, Metzelder and Farfan. Twente @2.18 Nordic 2/10 Standard Liege v Hannover 96 1, cloudy Hanover was the better than Brugge in the previous round, and CB beat Standard in Jupiler last weekend. Home team defeated the Germans in the group match (2:0 in Liege) this season. Hanover want revenge in this match, but they will be weakened for several starters and the absence of their fans. Standard DNB @1.85 Nordic 2/10 Metalist Kharkiv v Olympiakos -7, cloudy Both teams (without important absences) are in great shape. Both teams scoring have some value for me... Since Metalist will be aggressive and offensive at home, and the Greeks have already won against Rubin (cold weather) in the previous round. BTS @2.00 bet365 1/10

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March I see some are confident that Manchester will win tonight, I'm not so sure. Ferguson said he want to win without conceding a goal and will perform strongest team, but it can't be sufficient reasons for their win, at least not against Basques. United have won just one European game at Trafford this season. But the trophy from this competition is the only one missing for them, so team will definitely be motivated. But on the other side will be team that traditionally great play in Cup competitions. Ok, Bilbao have never won in England (0-1-6), but they come in a great mood after winning their local derby. Ferguson is a great coaching name, but and Marcelo Bielsa is top Argentinian manager. Youung, Hernandez and Rooney are a threat to any team currently, but on the other hand Llorente is top striker and Munian and Herrera are incredibly talented offensive players. I don't see any Man Utd value, but expect both teams scoring... BTS @1.80 Nordic 3/10

Sporting Lisbon v Manchester City 16, clear We know all about City, but Sporting (with new coach) is enigma for me. Still expect their strengthened defensive as the best striker is sidelined (as far as I know). Just for fun... under 2,5 @1.86 Pinnacle 1/10 Valencia v PSV Eindhoven 10, clear No values, no bet for me... Atletico Madrid v Besiktas 10, clear A lot absences for both teams. No value there, although amazing Falcao is back... AZ Alkmaar - Udinese 5, partly cloudy Like game in Enschede... (One Dutch team "must" win tonight) :) AZ @2.15 Stan James 2/10 Manchester Utd v Atletic Bilbao 5, cloudy Twente v Schalke 04 4, cloudy Home team is in much better shape, and away side will be without important Huntelaar, Howedes, Metzelder and Farfan. Twente @2.18 Nordic 2/10 Standard Liege v Hannover 96 1, cloudy Hanover was the better than Brugge in the previous round, and CB beat Standard in Jupiler last weekend. Home team defeated the Germans in the group match (2:0 in Liege) this season. Hanover want revenge in this match, but they will be weakened for several starters and the absence of their fans. Standard DNB @1.85 Nordic 2/10 Metalist Kharkiv v Olympiakos -7, cloudy Both teams (without important absences) are in great shape. Both teams scoring have some value for me... Since Metalist will be aggressive and offensive at home, and the Greeks have already won against Rubin (cold weather) in the previous round. BTS @2.00 bet365 1/10
I stuck £13 in my account the other day, got it up to £36, now I'm down to 69p. I've stuck that on all of these as an accumulator 28/1 @ Hills. Not expecting anything but superb reasoning. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Atletico Madrid - Besiktas over 3.5 @ 2.73 centrebet Atletico Madrid had been in fine form in the Primera Liga until recently where they failed to win their last 3 games, as they scored but also conceded in each of these games. They have been dominant at home in the Europa League, beating Celtic 2-0, Udinese 4-0, Rennes 3-1, and Lazio 1-0. They dod have a difficult second leg in Turkey so they will be looking to take a good lead into the second leg. Besiktas have scored and conceded in their last 4 Tirkish league games, and like Atletico Madrid, are finding it hard to win. In the EL, they won 2-0 at Sporting Lisbon, won 3-2 at Maccabi Tel Aviv, lost 1-0 at Dynamo Kiev lost 2-1 at Stoke, so they have scored their share of goals as well as conceded them, while playing on the road. Can see both teams scoring here, but doubt either side will be then content to sit on that, and can see further scoring in this game Metalist Kharkiv - Olympiacos under 1.5 @ 2.90 centrebet Both teams in very good form, and their defences have held up tight, as they do not often concede in games. Metalist Kharkiv beat Salzburg 8-1 on aggregate and returned to domestic league action to win 1-0, while they beat Malmo and Austria Vienna at home, while drawing 1-1 with AZ Alkmaar also at home, this game against Olympiacos should be a greater test for their strikers, given that they have not conceded in their last 5 Greek league games, as well as winning 3-0 on aggregate against Rubin Kazan. While both teams have shown that they can score, it is their respective defences that look much better, and like them to keep this to a low scoring game Sporting Lisbon - Man City under 1.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Sporting Lisbon have not conceded in their last 3 Portgueses Super Liga games, while they beat Legoa Warsaw 1-0, so like their defence here to do well. They also beat Zurich and Vaslui 2-0, and Lazio 2-1 at home, so defensively they do not give away much. Man City have struggled in their EPL away games of late, as they have been dominant at home, but they have scored just 2 goals in their last 5 EPL away games, and allowed only 2 goals in these games as well. Each of these games have seen one goal or less scored in them. SL saw Man City beat Porto in the last round and will be wary of being too open to allow some of the talented players that City have to take them apart, while City may have domestic title aspirations as a priority here, and would not be surprised that they field a weakened side, so that they are ready for a tough game at Swansea on the weekend. They know that if they hold SL here, that they can win at home in the second leg, so believe that they too will play it conservative. Doubt that there will be many goals scored here Twente Enschede - Schalke over 3.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Twente have featured in some high scoring games in the Dutch Eredivisie, as they are coming off a huge 6-2 away win over PSV on the weekend. They beat Utrecht 1-0 at home, and beat Vitesse 4-1 on the road, and prior to that, in 3 home games, they lost 3-2 to Heracles, beat Groningen 4-1 and beat RKC Waalwijk 5-0. Though Schalke will be a much harder proposition, they have shown that they like to attack and can score goals, as they did also beat Fulham 1-0, beat Odense 3-2 and beat Wisla Krakow 4-1 in their 3 group games at home. Schalke have lost their last 3 Bundesliga away games, losing 2-1 at Freiburg, 2-0 at Bayern Munich and 3-0 at Borussia Moechengladbach, while in the Europa League, they won 3-0 at maccabi Haif, won 5-0 at Larnaka and drew 0-0 at Steaua Bucharest in their 3 group games on the road. While they can score goals, can see them conceding here, and both teams look good to score a couple each here Standard Liege - Hannover under 1.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Standard Liege have not scored in their last 3 Belgium games, while they have allowed just the one goal. They drew 0-0 with Wisla Krakow in the last rounf of the Europa League, while beat Hannover 2-0 and Copenhagen 3-0 and drew 0-0 with Vorskla in their 3 group games, so they do not concede many goals. They also drew 0-0 in Hannover so these two team have met before, and can see this being another low scoring game. Hannover won 1-0 at Club Brugge to win through to this round, and like them to use their experience of already playing Standard Liege to keep them out in this leg, and then look to win it in the second leg. Valencia - PSV over 3.5 @ 2.81 centrebet Valencia have scored at least two goals in 4 of their last home games in the Primera Liga, and like them to do well here, as they also beat Genk 7-0, Bayer Leverkusen 3-1 and drew 1-1 with Chelsea in their 3 group games in the Champions League. They did enough to beat Stoke 1-0 at home, where they could have scored a few more against a depleted side. PSV also have been amongst the goals, scoring at least two goals in 3 of their last 3 Eredivisie games, while also allowing at least two goals in 3 of these 4 games. They beat Trabzonspor 4-1 at home and 2-1 away in the previous round of the Europa League, while they won 3-0 at Legia Warsaw, won 1-0 at Hapole Tel Aviv and won 3-1 at Rapid Bucharest in their 3 away games in the EL. Both teams can score goals and like this game to see a few scored. Man Utd - Athletic Bilbao over 3.5 @ 2.66 centrebet Man Utd have scored at least two goals in their last 13 EPL games, and did beat Ajax 2-0 away before relaxing too much and lost 2-1 at home to them. They drew 2-2 with Benfica, beat Otelul Galati 2-0 and drww 3-3 with Basel in their 3 group games in the Champions League, and though they have scored goals, they have also underestimated the opposition, and have conceded goals too. They have conceded in their last 4 EPL games, and like Athletic Bilbao to score here as they have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 Primera Liga games, while they have conceded at least two goals in their last 4 away games in the Primera Liga. In the Europa League, they lost 2-1 at Lokomotiv Moscow and then won 1-0 at home to progress to this round, while they lost 4-2 at PSG, won 1-0 at Salzburg and won 2-1 at Slovan Bratislava in their 3 road group games. Both teams can score, but also give up goals, so can see a few goals scored here

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Twente - Schalke 04 - Twente -1AH @2.85 Bet365 Home side in great form, they had shown their great offensive strength in last league game at Sunday when they won at PSV 2-6. Steve McClaren has all key players available, what makes them very tough opponent against German side tonight. On the other hand, Schalke doesn´t travel to Enschede in positive mood. They failed to impress in previous round against Czech champion Viktoria Plzen, and they continued in bad performances also in Bundesliga, in away games against Bayern and Freiburg. What is more, Schalke couldn´t count with Huntelaar, Howedes, Metzelder, Pukki and Farfan. Twente is winning side for me tonight, gonna try it also with asian handicap.

Now, I couldn´t find any other match worth of betting, maybe I´ll look closer in next minutes. Clash between Standard and Hannover is interesting too, because someone mentioned that Hannover is without 2 quality strikers - Abdellaoue and Schlaudraff - but I don´t see this being a problem, because they could be simply replaced by Ya Konan and Diouf, who managed to score some goals in last matches. Also absence of Di Natale in Udinese´s match is interesting, but after 3 goals scored in PAOK in last round, I don´t consider playing without Di Natale as a big problem in scoring goals. But maybe it will be different at AZ today .. don´t know ;) Good luck to all :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Some light over Sporting - Man City We have first to understand that Sporting right now is very different from the beginning of the season. They changed coach a couple weeks ago and I honestly can't see them playing better now. They struggle most of the games and are having some problem scoring goals. Not having Onyewu (CB), Rinaudo and Elias (midfielders) is a huge blow for them, and Wolfswinkel isn't quite confident these days. I think Sporting will try to keep things tight. Trying not to suffer many goals. Hoping that Capel would do something unexpected. Let's be honest Sporting knows that they have little chances against City. Even coach Sá Pinto in the press conference said that sometimes big teams don't play that well...so they might have one of these days. The question here is how City will face this game? If they rested some players in last PL match, that would mean that they will try to get the job done right in Lisbon. That should make sense. We know they don't fancy Europa League so much, mainly focusing on the EPL but if they have the opportunity they will not throw that away. It must also be said that 4 days after the returning leg they will face Chelsea. So better to settle things right now, and having a less stressful 2nd leg. I see huge value in a City win. Probably by more than a goal. Having Dzeko, Silva and Aguero upfront, against a weak defensive side specially without Onyewu, is just too good to be missed. Anyway just my 2 cents. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March twente shalke:don t be affected by the fact that twente scored 6 goals in psv this sunday.this is a completely different game.i don t say that twente can t win but it s much more safe to bet that both teams will score.twente and shalke have good attack and not so mouch reliable defence.twente is in a better shape and will certainly score but shalke can easily score in counterattack. twente-shalke:g/g

PSV has a pretty nice attack force, but their defence isn't good at all (which cost them last weekend, 6-2 loss at home versus Twente with pretty much their entire squad at full strength). They might be slightly overpriced, but in all honesty I can't see them winning or even getting out a draw against a motivated Valencia side. I have actually taken a small bet on Valencia, simply because Dutch teams never do good away from home against the sub top of the Spanish league... the class difference is too much.
That is the reason I am having a punt on Valencia. In fact, I love the offensive potential of PSV, Mertens is one of my favourite players. But facing a solid Valencia side, who is an experienced side I see the attackers of PSV denied. Having Soldado in great shape, I can see him scoring at least once against a bad defence of PSV. The 6-time greeting from Twente adds to this. Valencia is almost sure on the third spot in Primera, so they can put their focus on Europa League. Valencia -1 @2,55 (local) I may also try Atletico -1@1,95 but there is no need to hurry.
where on earth do you guys pick your stats from? totally miss leading people on psv! heres there last 10 away fixtures in the europa league. yes they havent played the best of teams but you can only play whats infront of you and id say 7wins is pretty GOOD! [TABLE=class: matches] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu [/TD] [TD=class: full-date]21/10/10[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Debrecen[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 2[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: matches] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed [/TD] [TD=class: full-date]01/12/10[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Sampdoria[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 2 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu [/TD] [TD=class: full-date]17/02/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Lille[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]2 - 2 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]17/03/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Rangers[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 1 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]07/04/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Benfica[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]4 - 1 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]18/08/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Ried[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 0 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]29/09/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Rapid Bucureşti[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 3 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]20/10/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Hapoel Tel Aviv[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 1 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]30/11/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Legia Warszawa[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 3 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]16/02/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition]UEL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a]Trabzonspor[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 2 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]PSV [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Sporting Lisbon v Man City Over-confidence can be a dangerous thing but it is difficult to see how Manchester City can have any fears ahead of Thursday's trip to Portugal to take on Sporting Lisbon. The Citizens dispatched the Portuguese champions, FC Porto with aplomb in the last round of the Europa League and there is no doubting that Sporting are an inferior side to their compatriots. Verdict -> Man City to win all the way
Agree with this, also looking at the bookings. I'm buying on 58 with SportingIndex, the joker Spanish ref in charge (Carlos Carballo) has the following track record over his last 10 games... 1 Red 12 Yellow 3 Yellow 6 Yellow 3 Red 9 Yellow (!!!!!) 1 Red 7 Yellow 1 Red 8 Yellow 1 Yellow 2 Red 5 Yellow 1 Red 9 Yellow 7 Yellow Looks very promising, unless he has a calm evening, but I can't see it. Fingers crossed.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8 March Official Sporting and Man City line-ups: Sporting - Rui Patrício, Carriço, Polga, João Pereira, Insúa, Xandão, Schaars, Izmailov, Capel, Fernández, van Wolfswinkel Man City - Hart, Clichy, Kompany, K.Toure, Kolarov, De Jong, Barry, Milner, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.

Official Sporting and Man City line-ups: Sporting - Rui Patrício, Carriço, Polga, João Pereira, Insúa, Xandão, Schaars, Izmailov, Capel, Fernández, van Wolfswinkel Man City - Hart, Clichy, Kompany, K.Toure, Kolarov, De Jong, Barry, Milner, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.
So F*cking What?! They simply sold this match and will win easily @ home. I think that about 50% (sic!!) games with BIG favoutites are being fixed by bookies. I'm playing for 7 years now and for last 5 months i'm in debt for the first time in my life. Legia Warsaw being really shitty team lost 1-0 with Sporting and it still could go both ways, and than ManC with max squad comes and loose the same?! I'ts insane! Sorry, I don't buy it. - Sorry I just bought it for 100 euros. I had DNB @ 1,28! Draw i could understand but loosing to that crappy Lisbon team - no thank you. I'm being robbed here.