Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb

staffy

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Henry won't be involved in this one, he's gone after the Milan match. Too early to speculate about anything else considering the amount of football to be played before this match ie FA Cup and Champions League games, but OVER 2.5 and BTTS would be bets I'd consider for this one.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Last season I backed Arsenal at 4/6, only to see them go 2 - 0 up and lose 2 - 3. Now ofcourse bookies are saying and im agreeing that Spurs are the better side, hence Arsenal being around 2.30 at home. Im a big fan of Fabregas and I remember that game he was magnificent, extremely unlucky to be on the losing side described by Hansen. Arteta certainly will keep the midfield flowing, but he lacks extra quality to really challenge the attacking prowess of tottenham with them playing superb football right now. In all honesty, I think Tottenham will win, or contain the most value, but I really hope Arsenal can smack a few past Tottenham, as a neutral im on the Arsenal side of the North London Derby. I really dont want to see Tottenham in the Champions league next season, preferring Both manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea. In their last campaign I remember backing them against Inter, only to see them go 4 - 0 behind at the san Siro. Though Bale scored 3 goals that were identical, the goalkeeper was one Retard to let him do that three times into the same corner from the same position. They were owned by Real Madrid, and produced equally dry games vs AC Milan in which they were extremely fortunate to progress, with AC dominating them at white hart lane.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb

Henry won't be involved in this one, he's gone after the Milan match. Too early to speculate about anything else considering the amount of football to be played before this match ie FA Cup and Champions League games, but OVER 2.5 and BTTS would be bets I'd consider for this one.
I agree, hope I remember this

Spurs +1/4 is the best bet of the week . 3 losses for Arsenal !
:welcome to PL aceking Please have a read of the house rules here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/41369-Punters-Lounge-House-Rules . We do require reasoning for all selections in the betting threads and "3 losses for Arsenal" doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid. ;) You also need to post up the odds and the bookie your betting with please. I've moved a couple of your other posts into the Unreasoned Bets forum here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/forums/219-Unreasoned-Football-Bets-amp-Livescore-Chat. If you prefer not to give reasoning with your selections, then please feel free to use that forum instead. :ok

Henry won't be involved in this one, he's gone after the Milan match. Too early to speculate about anything else considering the amount of football to be played before this match ie FA Cup and Champions League games, but OVER 2.5 and BTTS would be bets I'd consider for this one.
Was thinking the same but odds are too short for either Over 2.5 (1.66-1.70) or Both to Score (1.55-1.60). Maybe more goals in the second half is a better option @ 1.95.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb I don't usually bet on the PL but sometimes I like to make an exception. What do people think about Both To Score @ 1.67? Both teams are quite good attacking, Spurs admittedly have better defense than Gunners but somehow I can't see them winning to nil at the Emirates. Besides, their H2H regarding BTS speaks volumes too. BTS was good in the last 13 out of 15 games between those two! http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/comparison/?team_ids[]=675&team_ids[]=660

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb I've moved the posts on Asian Handicap betting into a separate thread here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/127101-quot-Pick-your-own-quot-Asian-Handicaps Please don't fill up the match threads with off-topic chat guys. There's a forum for just about everything on PL now, so there's really no excuse for it. :ok

I don't usually bet on the PL but sometimes I like to make an exception. What do people think about Both To Score @ 1.67? Both teams are quite good attacking, Spurs admittedly have better defense than Gunners but somehow I can't see them winning to nil at the Emirates. Besides, their H2H regarding BTS speaks volumes too. BTS was good in the last 13 out of 15 games between those two! http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/comparison/?team_ids[]=675&team_ids[]=660
I'd say there's no value. It's an expected result, and a pretty obvious outcome that I'm sure most people will be on.

I'd say there's no value. It's an expected result' date=' and a pretty obvious outcome that I'm sure most people will be on.[/quote'] Totally agree. If for instance both teams have been scoring and conceding a lot in their last matches as well as in head to head clashes I would have taken this bet in a double with something. However, Arsenal for example conceded 6 goals in their last 2 games (against Milan and Sunderland) and scored none. Tottenham on the other hand scored 5 against Newcastle, but then recorded a 0-0 draw against Stevenage.

Tottenham didn't play with their strongest team against Stevenage. For example van der Vaart' date=' Modric and Adebayor were not on the pitch.[/quote'] But in my opinion they should have won against a team that is 2 divisions below them.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Normally Arsenal home games produce more goals in the second half and quite often the first half ends in a draw. Out of their 48 goals this season Arsenal have scored 30 (62.5%) in the second half. While Tottenham have scored 49 goals this season and 27 (55.1%) of them have been scored in the second half. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 1.95 (3 units) Bet365

Normally Arsenal home games produce more goals in the second half and quite often the first half ends in a draw. Out of their 48 goals this season Arsenal have scored 30 (62.5%) in the second half. While Tottenham have scored 49 goals this season and 27 (55.1%) of them have been scored in the second half. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 1.95 (3 units) Bet365
Think I'm going to follow here. I'll add that the goals conceded statistics match up with those for goals scored in regards to this bet - Arsenal have conceded 21/35 (60%) of their league goals this season in the second half of matches; of the 25 league goals conceded by Spurs, 17 (68%) of these have came after HT.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Arsenal will be coming in front of their fans surely ashamed of their last perf being knocked out of FA and in CL(Mathematically)..Big pressure on Wenger and his team to reassure their fans hungry for a cup those last years..they should at least now try to secure a CL qualification to calm minds and SPURS coming to them in a really bad moment..still more pressure on Arsene's team in this derby and in situations like those most of the time suits the less 'under-pressure' ones and in this case TOTTENHAM will try profiting Arsenal's present bad karma .. Considering the fatigue and pressure on Arsenal I will go for Tottenham great value for odds @ 3.27 Note that Adebayor,Ekoto and Modric were missing against Stevenage and the pitch was awful KINDA same as what Real endure at CSKA.. Note also that Arshavin left for Zenit on loan.. GL to all...

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Not interested in the match odds for this as it's a big derby but I'm definetly on the Overs....would've preferred 1.8 or more but I guess 1.7 or so is ok for me, in a combo probably. 8 out of the last 10 encounters have had 3 or more goals and the rivalry between the two has rarely been as intense as it is now, with Arsenal facing the danger of dropping out of the CL places and Spurs still in with a shout (albeit a small one) of winning the league. Spurs see a return for the big guns VDV, Modric & Adebayor, although King may be absent (you can never really be sure until K.O cos of those dodgy knees, but his absence will obviously be a blow defensive-wise)...Arsenal will give late fitness tests to Kosielny & Gibbs, which doesnt bode well for their already frequently shambolic defending this season. On the other hand Van Persie can get goals out of nothing despite not scoring in his last 3. Arsenal will be particularly desperate to win this so I can see another open game. Over 2.5 @ 1.74 Betfair

Think I'm going to follow here. I'll add that the goals conceded statistics match up with those for goals scored in regards to this bet - Arsenal have conceded 21/35 (60%) of their league goals this season in the second half of matches; of the 25 league goals conceded by Spurs' date=' 17 (68%) of these have came after HT.[/quote'] Thanks for another update. Where did you get the stats for the goals conceded?

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Tottenham @ 2.96 pinnacle Like Spurs here as they have the form on the board and are travelling much better than Arsenal is at the moment. Arsenal are coming successive losse to Sunderland and AC Milan, and have been shaky since the start of the New Year with losses to Swansea, Man Utd and Fulham. Much is dependent on the goals from van Persie, but he is up against a very good Spurs defence as King and Kaboul or Dawson have done the job for them this year. Walker and Assou-Ekotta have been two of the better players in their repective positions this year, and they have the pace to negate Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain. In the middle of the park, they have Modric and Parker who have been very good for them, while out wide, Bale and Lennon look too good for Sagna and Gibbs, with both players recently coming back from injury. If Saha starts, he has found a new lease of life since coming over from Everton, or if Adebayor plays, he will be looking to get a win over his old team. Koscielny does not fill with you confidence with only Vermaelan able to do the job for them in the backline. Spurs have won 3 and drawn one of their last 4 meetings and like them to win again here. Season record: 120-140 (+21.71)

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Tottenham @ 7/4 Us Arsenal fans just have to admit and be realistic that Spurs have been better then us this season. Ive just read a fact that without van persie this year we would be 3 points above the relegation zone so that shows just how important to us he is. The way we are playing right now is not good enough and with the likes of bale, lennon, vdv, modric playing today i just cant see how were going to deal with them as our defence is just a shambles at the moment. We have dropped a lot of points at home to teams we should be beating and i just cant see us winning today, it would be a very nice suprise if we do. But as i feel were going to lose i might aswell get some money out of it at the same time and if we win then the lost bet will be worth it.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb When thinking about the teams chances in this match, like the Spurs. At the moment, this team looks very convincing. There is not even necessary to look at the results, just watch a few games of Spurs to realize the potential of the team is huge, well, third place to the Premier League is the best confirmation. Moreover, it is clear that the third line for the Londoners is not the limit - catch up with Manchester United quite capable, good there is still time. In general, Tottenham is one of the most stable teams from Premier League this season. None of the above can not be said of Arsenal. Wenger's team throws it in the hot then cold. And even those bright, periodic bursts, which gives Arsenal do not inspire any hope that the hearts of fans. These bright victory look more what is dying convulsions, than the revival of the team. As compositions, here, we can say, the relative equality. What is special and significant losses in the compositions do not. Injured a lot and here and there, but without those players on the team have been playing for quite a long time. Were adding that the situation with equal compositions, but there is to stipulate that equality is conditional, because as the game drags Arsenal is only one player - Van Persie, and that lately he is clearly tired. And here at Tottenham hazard can be expected from almost any player from the defenders of Kaboul and Assou-Ekotto and ending with Adebayor. For Spurs in this match it is even the recent history of personal meetings. So, in the last 10 Arsenal won only once, five times the team played a draw and four times won the Spurs. On the basis of the foregoing, like the Spurs win in this match, but given the fact that it's a derby. woul reccomend take them with a zero handicap. Tottenham (0) 2.10 Bet365

Tottenham @ 2.96 pinnacle Like Spurs here as they have the form on the board and are travelling much better than Arsenal is at the moment. Arsenal are coming successive losse to Sunderland and AC Milan, and have been shaky since the start of the New Year with losses to Swansea, Man Utd and Fulham. Much is dependent on the goals from van Persie, but he is up against a very good Spurs defence as King and Kaboul or Dawson have done the job for them this year. Walker and Assou-Ekotta have been two of the better players in their repective positions this year, and they have the pace to negate Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain. In the middle of the park, they have Modric and Parker who have been very good for them, while out wide, Bale and Lennon look too good for Sagna and Gibbs, with both players recently coming back from injury. If Saha starts, he has found a new lease of life since coming over from Everton, or if Adebayor plays, he will be looking to get a win over his old team. Koscielny does not fill with you confidence with only Vermaelan able to do the job for them in the backline. Spurs have won 3 and drawn one of their last 4 meetings and like them to win again here. Season record: 120-140 (+21.71)
Hello mate Please dont take this the wrong way but after yesterday shouldn't your record read 119/141?

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb This fixture has always produced goals. The form goes out of the window. The Gunners (35 goals conceaded in 25 games) have the worst defensive record out of the "top six" teams in the league. These two teams are among the highest scorers in the EPL. The last 6 games between the two have produced OVER 2.5 goals. Bookies obviously know that the probability of seeing goals here is high, so odds don't look great.. :unsure Going to follow Mustafa and back Highest Scoring Half: Second Half @ 2.00

Normally Arsenal home games produce more goals in the second half and quite often the first half ends in a draw. Out of their 48 goals this season Arsenal have scored 30 (62.5%) in the second half. While Tottenham have scored 49 goals this season and 27 (55.1%) of them have been scored in the second half. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 1.95 (3 units) Bet365
After having 4 goals in the first half , the bet is surely lost.

Re: Arsenal v Spurs > Sun 26th Feb Absolutely crazy game. I really hesistated in putting my usual bets of over 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5, but opted against it. It was too mug imo at short odds of around 1.73 for over 2.5. Decided unders was the way to go. so put money on under 1.5 @4.75 and under 2.5 @ 2.28. Anyways its me trying to be too clever. Perhaps mug punts is the way forward. No bloody joke but I also had a couple of units on a draw between Norwich - Utd, and the same on the Stoke - Swansea game after being annoyed at shortening stoke odds to decide theres no long term value on it. Completed with the 1 - 1 draw in the league cup where I had money on a liverpool handicap completes a terrible weekend for me. I was going to put slab of my bankroll on Napoli and Barcelona, but resisted the urge.