** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread

LtfcPete

Not sure how regularly I’ll post up picks but it’d be nice to hear other opinions also. I guess I’ll just make this a combined monthly thread as that seems as good a method as any. Big weekend of fights across the two sports kicks off tonight. Here we go then.. T.Dodson to bt. O.McKenzie 3.5pts 3.50 Ladbrokes T.Dodson v O.McKenzie Draw 0.10pts 34.00 Skybet Kicking off with one I’ve been priced into. I really see this as a 50/50 kind of fight, McKenzie having the edge in power (although I think it’s somewhat overrated) with Dodson by far the better pure boxer of the two. Dodson has a tendency to be cut in fights but has said that the move up in weight will help him from being so dry. If Dodson can stay upright I give him a really good chance in this one. His best mate Tony Bellew showed the blueprint to beat McKenzie and it isn’t the most complex route to victory. I think this is the type of fight where we’ll know if we’ve got a run for our money after the first few rounds, which will be particularly dangerous for Dodson and at 3.50 it is definitely worth a moderate investment.

Re: February Boxing/MMA An inauspicious start but hope to get it back today with a lot invested this evening.. S.Cunningham to bt. Y.P.Hernandez 4pts 1.91 Skybet S.Cunningham 7-12 1pt 8.00 Skybet S.Cunningham v Y.P.Hernandez Draw 0.15pts 26.0 Skybet Although Hernandez got the nod in the first fight, the outcome of the technical decision was a tad controversial. The fight was stopped in the 6th round of good back and forth affair but it seemed clear to me that Cunningham would’ve been the certain victor had the fight continued. Hernandez was fading badly and Cunningham has since remarked that he couldn’t believe how much energy had sapped from his opponent at barely the halfway mark. As such, Cunningham is brimming with confidence coming into this one. Conditioning will never be an issue for the American, although at 35 his age is certainly something to consider. The venue could be an issue, as Hernandez will be the house fighter in Germany but I think Cunningham is the pick here. S.Quigg to bt. J.Arthur by KO,TKO or DQ 10pts 1.36 Boyles S.Quigg v J.Arthur Under 9.5 Rounds 5pts 1.57 Ladbrokes Think Quigg walks through Arthur here. The challenger is game but he'll be there to hit and is coming off of a war with Jason Booth in which he lost a split decision. Booth was taught a lesson by Quigg in his next outing and although you can never use fight algebra to determine the outcomes in subsequent bouts, the two performances were pretty far apart and indicative of the class gap between the two. Arthur cuts up regularly and I expect he will be again tonight as he’s battered from pillar to post in a less than taxing night for the hot prospect.

Re: February Boxing/MMA V.Martirosyan v T.Lowry Under 7.5 Rounds 9pts 1.33 Skybet V.Martirosyan 1-4 4pts 1.67 Skybet Troy Lowry, at 41, offers very little nowadays. He has been stopped in 5 of his last 6 bouts and only reached the 8th round in one of these bouts, that in 2006. He has just been brought in for Martirosyan to knock over here as the Armenian continues to tread water.

Re: February Boxing/MMA N.Donaire v W.Vazquez Jr Not to Go the Distance 6pts 1.40 Ladbrokes N.Donaire to bt. W.Vazquez Jr by KO, TKO or DQ 4pts 1.50 Ladbrokes This one has developed into a real grudge match it seems, with hat flipping and wives arguing at the weigh in last night so these two should be eager to get their hands on each other once the bell rings. Donaire has developed into a pound for pound contender and has almost unrivalled speed at this point. He has been at his explosive best of late, save for a dreary affair against the teak tough, sturdy and defensively minded Omar Narvaez last time out. Donaire was telling Roach in his corner that he was bored mid-fight in that one and it was easy to see why as Narvaez offered very little and was doing his best just to survive for large parts. In his last World Title outing, Vazquez was outgunned by Jorge Arce in a great fight, being stopped on his feet at the end of 12th round. He seemed out on his feet towards the end of the fight so conditioning may be an issue. Against Donaire, he isn’t going to be given much time to rest. He is himself a decent puncher though, stopping 18 of 21, although this has a lot to do with the way in which he fights. It is a manner which I think will suit Donaire down to the ground and he should be able to display once again why he is ranked so highly in the P4P rankings, stopping the less talented Puerto Rican who he should be able to dominate and overwhelm at some point.

Re: February Boxing/MMA J.Chavez Jr to bt. M.Rubio 10pts 1.29 Bodog J.Chavez Jr to bt. M.Rubio 7-12 2pts 4.33 Skybet I might be overlooking the challenger here but I don’t see him as much of a threat to Chavez in this one. I know many think that the son of the legend Julio Cesar Chavez is where he is solely due to his name and that he is a sitting duck for potential challengers, but he has shown real improvement over the last few fights. He throws a lot of punches and can take a shot whilst showing some progress skills wise of late. The crowd will be heavily pro-Chavez and I really don’t see Rubio getting a decision in Mexico, even though he himself is a native. Rubio has had a bit of a resurgence after getting pasted by Pavlik a few years back but hasn’t really beaten anyone. His stoppage of Lemieux looked great at the time but he Canadian was shown to be a one trick pony against the 35 year old Joachim Alcine last time out. Chavez will also enjoy a size advantage against his foe who has been stopped 3 times in a long career and I think he could wind up stopping Rubio sometime in the second half. S.Cunningham/J.Chavez/N.Donaire/S.Quigg (1-12 any method)/V.Martirosyan 1-6 Accumulator 2pts 4.31 Skybet

Re: February Boxing/MMA

V.Martirosyan v T.Lowry Under 7.5 Rounds 9pts 1.33 Skybet V.Martirosyan 1-4 4pts 1.67 Skybet Troy Lowry, at 41, offers very little nowadays. He has been stopped in 5 of his last 6 bouts and only reached the 8th round in one of these bouts, that in 2006. He has just been brought in for Martirosyan to knock over here as the Armenian continues to tread water.
That was a ridiculous price. It was a grotesque mismatch.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 10 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Burns, R v Moses, P (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Friday 16 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Groves, G v Anderson, K (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 17 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Brook, K v Hatton, M (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 18 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Martinez, SG v Macklin, M (03:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]41[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 25 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Adamek, T v Aguilera, N (00:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.04[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]40[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Kirkland, J v Molina, C (04:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 14 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Kessler, M v Stieglitz, R (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 29 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Dawson, C v Hopkins, B (03:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]29[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 6 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Alvarez, Saul v Mosley, S (03:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Mayweather, F v Cotto, MA (04:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 20 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Khan, A v Peterson, L (02:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 10 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Pacquiao, M v Bradley, T (04:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 17 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Giacon, L v Szot, K (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Fragomeni, G v Branco, S (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Frampton, C v Ankrah, P (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]48[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Kolodziej, P v Ilie, G (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]41[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Brook, K v Hatton, M (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.13[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]60[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Proksa, G v Hope, K (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]56[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Purdy, L v Amar, A (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]29[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 18 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]DeMarco, A v Roman, M (01:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.04[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Rodriguez, E v George, D (02:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Martinez, SG v Macklin, M (03:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Kell Brook v Matthew Hatton Surely Kell Brook is a great bet at 2.50 to beat Hatton by KO, TKO or DQ tonight? :eek He looks at least a class above the hard working but not massively talented Hatton. I know 'Arry Allsports has tipped him and as good as 'Arry is, I think I have to go against him here http://www.punterslounge.com/brook-vs-hatton-betting--war-of-the-roses-promises-to-be-the-classic-everyone-is-hoping-for Brook to win by KO, TKO or DQ @ 2.50 Betfred

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Don George to defeat Edwin Rodriguez 3/1 Bet Fred (strength 4/10) I think too much is being read into Rodriguez's undefeated record and see this as an even-money fight. Rodriguez has a not-inconsiderable six-inch reach advantage but that doesn't really count for much, given the way he fights. These are both six-foot, big punching super-middles so anything could happen and this is certainly a fight worth watching. It's a ten-rounder so a draw is statistically that much more likely than over the full championship distance and worth covering at 30/1 on some sites.

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Been out the loop for a while but nice to see a thread up. For those who followed the 2011 thread I will do an update if anyones interested though I think it turned into a bit of a write off. Anyway back to it. McPhilbin v Maccarenelli This is a gimme for Maccarenellli to get himself back on the map. Its a fight he should win and look good in doing so. But BP at 1/16 and KO 1/6 hes at me to unbackable. He has always shown vunerability with the chin with all his 5 losses coming via KO as well as being down in several other winning fights. McPhilbin is crude but took the most of his opprtunity to win the title and is available at 10/1. McPhilbin cant(?) beat Enzo on points but he can maybe catch him with a clubber (the guy has fought at heavyweight and can club for a lump). Just for a tickle I think Enzos beard is worth taknig on for interest from a betting perspective....... Hurts to write this as Enzo is one of my fighters and I want him to win. Stake strength 2/100 - McPhilbin bt Enzo KO/TKO/DQ 14/1 Skybet

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Kirkland v Molina Grrrrrr just wasted 1/2 hour writing up this. Long and short I fancy Molina to be very awkward for Kirkland but needs to stay away from his power. Can frustrate with movement, discourage and still have energy late on as displayed with 6/7 going the distance whilst coming on strong in 10th in a notable win and draw v Cintron and Lara. Bad news is in Texas where Kirkland is from but Molina has had it hard his whole career. Big concerns he could be robbed but really think Molina is a solid selection as long as his awkwardness avoids Kirklands power. Stake strength 30/100 Molina bt Kirkland 2/1 PP/Betfred/Tote

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Waiting on odds to drop for Williams v Lundy, if good ready to jump on Wiliams. Also fancy the 11/4 on Buckland at moment for a 2nd hald stoppage. Will come back with that one maybe. Cant weigh up Paris/Judah at moment mainly due to only seeing one Paris fight. Shame theres no methods with or over/unders for Wach v Fields as I dont think it will last long.

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Cheers Kev. At least in the Molina fight I was semi expecting to be screwed! Enzo out on his feet in the first when inexplicable the bell goes with near enough a minute to go in the first. But due to the stakes Molina hurt me more - he won virtually every round til disqualified on a technicality after 10th but as the saying goes Dont look back in anger (doubt its a saying but a song lyric).....anyway onwards and upwards eh? Lundy v Williams Disappointed in the odds here as I expected 3s minimum for Williams but I still see it as a pickem fight in which Lundy pretty much deserves to be favourite. Anyway Ive got to go with my initial gut feeling. Lundy is quick and decent with a mouth to go with his speed. To me that is what could win the fight if he boxed sensibly for the duaration. He should have an edge in speed bot Williams HAS A FEW AMATEUR CREDENTIALS HIMSELF. AND THE BOY CAN PUNCH. Lundy has form with his dodgy whiskers and has been on the floor in at least 4 fights in his 20ish wins 9 (though as he says he always bounces back up - taking away the Molina los). Also, it seems as though Lundy has a tenency to fade in the later rounds. Im hoping Williams can bring the pressure (which I think he will) and although he may be outboxed at times Im hoping he can plant and connect as he has many times before, if not early he can maybe catch Lundy as he fades. Although they have similar records on paper, at an initial glance it looks as though the quality of oppponent that Lundy has faced is far superior. If you look a little more closely, to me it is apparent that Lundy has been matched incredibly well and made to look slightly better than he actaully is. This is meant to be an eliminator but I DOUBT THAT EITHER OF THESE IS WORLD CLASS but time could tell. On the whole I hope that Williams can land clean and hurt Lundy as well as catch him as he fades in the later rounds. I think his heart and power can see him through. That said it wouldnt surprise me to see Lndy move and frustrate willliams - even making him look crude and amateurish, that said Im willing to take 5/2 on what I see as a relatively open fight. Recommended bet 20 pts Williams bt Lundy 5/2 Betfred P/L -32PTS after last weeks BS:) (Still hursts my pride:D)

• 1 month later...

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Junior Witter tonight at 3.75 Stan James (as low as 2/1) has to be backed against run of the mill Lynes surely?:eek Sure he's past his best, but Lynes is average at best and I'm staggered to see Witter at this price as a former World Champion. I'm probably going to double it up with Golovkin to win by knockout @ 1.44 and Witter @ 3.50 Ladbrokes :ok

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread

Junior Witter tonight at 3.75 Stan James (as low as 2/1) has to be backed against run of the mill Lynes surely?:eek Sure he's past his best, but Lynes is average at best and I'm staggered to see Witter at this price as a former World Champion. I'm probably going to double it up with Golovkin to win by knockout @ 1.44 and Witter @ 3.50 Ladbrokes :ok
Kerching. :ok

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 19 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Dickinson, T v Ajisafe, B (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Price, D v Sexton, S (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]70[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Theophane, A v Williams, S (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.27[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Kessler, M v Green, A (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Well consider how journeyman Sam Sexton has begun to look and how heavy handed David Price seems to be, I don't hold up much hope for Sexton at all. No way is this going the distance and with Price looking the real deal, I'd expect him to KO Sexton after a few rounds. Betfred are still out of line with the rest of the bookies on KO/TKO/Disq @ 1.44 Betfred - so I'll be putting a maximum bet on that. :ok

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Can Al Green turn back the clock and get back the devastating KO merchant he looked in previous fights against Kessler? He's got a KO chance I suppose but that will be his only chance, as he won't be busier than Kessler and highly unlikely to get a decision in FCK Copenhagen's Parken Stadium. As he has looked a shadow of that early form, I just can't see Green winning this and have to side with Kessler, but at odds of 1.12 it's hardly inviting. I'll go for a decent bet on Kessler to win on points at what seems a very generous 2.50 Bet365

Well consider how journeyman Sam Sexton has begun to look and how heavy handed David Price seems to be, I don't hold up much hope for Sexton at all. No way is this going the distance and with Price looking the real deal, I'd expect him to KO Sexton after a few rounds. Betfred are still out of line with the rest of the bookies on KO/TKO/Disq @ 1.44 Betfred - so I'll be putting a maximum bet on that. :ok
Betfred now 1.33 :loon Stan James taking no chances @ 1.22 :eek

[TABLE=class: couponTable' date=' width: 617"] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 19 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Dickinson, T v Ajisafe, B (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Price, D v Sexton, S (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]70[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Theophane, A v Williams, S (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.27[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Kessler, M v Green, A (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Well consider how journeyman Sam Sexton has begun to look and how heavy handed David Price seems to be, I don't hold up much hope for Sexton at all. No way is this going the distance and with Price looking the real deal, I'd expect him to KO Sexton after a few rounds. Betfred are still out of line with the rest of the bookies on KO/TKO/Disq @ 1.44 Betfred - so I'll be putting a maximum bet on that. :ok
I don't see this going much further than about 4 rounds. I just don't rate Sexton at all despite a prizefighter win and feel he is a few leagues short of Price. Big Dave is still about potential but he's going the right way, seems to have quite a tight defence and a huge right hand. I see Sexton taking one on the chin early, wobbling and then Price moving in like he's about to put down a wounded animal and finishing him off. I was going to back single rounds from 1-4 but my slight worry is that these early knockouts tell us nothing and Price isn't learning very much, they line them up, he knocks them out. He might want to learn a bit of ring craft and use his jab for 1 or 2 rounds and then get the job done in rounds 3-6. I don't see this going past round 6 and feel it might not even go past 2-4 rounds. I'll be looking for some value in the unders and round betting.

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Not been in thee old boxing thread for a couple of months but I thought I'd give my opinions anyway.. Carl Froch 28(20)-2(0) v Lucian Bute 30(24)-0 On Paper Froch comes into this fight ranked 3 by Boxrec and is a former 2x WBC champion as well as the Super Six runner up. His height is recorded at 6'1 with a reach of 75. Froch has fought the last few years of his career at the top level, the current ranking of his last 5 opponents have been 1 (L UD), 10 (W MD), 7 (W UD), 5 (L UD) and 9 (W SD). He has (as far I can see) only been down once in his pro career (v Jermain Taylor) an is known for his granite chin. Despite his reputation as a brawler/ big-puncher - he only has 1 stoppage win since 2008. (7 fights (v Jermain Taylor)). He is also a former ABA amatuer champion, despite this he does seem to lose a number of rounds.Bute on the other hand, is currently ranked 2 by Boxrec and is the current IBF champion. He is half an inch taller than Froch but his reach is 3in shoter. He boxes out of a southpaw stance. His previous 5 opponents have been ranked 10 (W UD), 34 (W KO), 12 (W TKO), n/a (W KO) and 20 (W TKO). Again, as far as i can see he has never been down in his pro career. His last 7 out 8 fights have ended inside the distance. He is a former Bronze medalist at the World Championships and this has seen him barely lose a round as a pro.Common Opponents Both men have faught Glen Johnson - with Froch winning a MD and Bute a UD. Also, they have both stopped Brian Magee - Froch in 11 rounds (only 1 round in it on the cards at the time) and Bute in 10. In my opinion Bute won more convincingly than Froch on both occasions. In The Ring I've researched Frochs worst performances and highlighted a few things: v Ward - He was outjabbed despite a reach advantage. Ward neutralised Frochs power by moving backwards. Froch was to slow v Kessler - He was not as busy as Kessler and was too easy to hit v Taylor - Got caught wide open with an overhand right v Dirrell - Froch was on the front foot whilst Dirrell counter-punched and clinched. I can find no major faults with Bute as at the moment he has never been in any trouble. If i was being picky I would say he isn't the quickest Conclusion Whilst Froch has dropped rounds at the higher level, Bute has barely lost a round at a level just below the top. It's clear that Froch has great boxing ability - as shown when outpointing Abraham but he gets drawn into a brawl too easily - the hometown fans will not help this situation either. Froch has also struggled against southpaws. As Bute has never been stopped and Froch has no recent KO history, im going to rule out a Froch KO win. That being said, if Froch is to win it wil be on points - but as i've already said Bute has barely lost a round, however this is in Frochs hometown and we all know how bias home town judges can be. Bute also has tremendous power with a string of recent KO wins - but Froch has never been stopped. I see this being a close fight and if a stoppage comes - the winner will be Bute. Suggested Bet Carl Froch and Lucian Bute to DRAW 25/1 @ Paddy Power and Ladbrokes

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Good stuff this. And on the whole I agree with most things. Thing is Froch always presses (maybe not to a great extent with ward but he ended upi clueless) and is always in good close fights. I wouldnt read too much into the magee comparison -froch was a british title novice and it was his biggest fight up to then. Learned a lot since but that said it showed Frochs ability to be outboxed at times, especially when confident. Dont mean to pick dude but you state Bute aint been down but in reality he should have lost his title to andrade and can definately be hurt though i dare say this was as much exhaustion. Its kind of similar to Frch/Taylor but check the vid to see what i mean but bs home refereeing and he was out for 10, no doubt!

fair do's bute came back and did a job on him in the rematch but all im saying is he lost the fight in my eyes. Bute is who everyone wanted Ward to fight but he looks like hes going for Dawson with the possibility that thesefour meet in a final. I think Bute is confident and can outbox Froch but Carl will always be bringing it which can sway cards (as proved by Direll) All in all if to choose I would say Bute Dec. after some close shaves. That is 6/4 but I wouldnt be confident whatsoever especiallly after Andrade fade because Froch can punch just as hard. For me I agree with Jamie - its a sit back and enjoy with the stakes low on a value 25/1 on the draw @ 25/1 paddys 4pts

Re: Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread Anybody any thoughts on ufc 146? my bet of the night is nelson to beat herman 5/11 at lads 55 points. cant be bothered to break it down too much as it could pan out in many ways. But for me although losing 3 of his last 4 (all against top opposition whilst showing the best chin in the world) Nelson is simply better than Herman in all departments. I only see a lucky punch preventing a Nelson win and I think his chin is too god for that! I fancied Barboza massively but so do the books and 1/5 is way too short in mma. Smae applies for Dos Santos who I consider the best in the world but at 1/3 for the stoppage it holds no appeal. The value bet here i believe is a the mir sub at generally 6/1 but cant back against JDS though I feel Mir is massively underestimated in this fight. Not seen any footage of Del Rosario but his record is good a but cant calll the fight with Mocic. Fancy Velasquez to spark Bigfoot Silva but could go the other way. Silva mustve been shhok up massively for Cormier to deck him 4+ times...but that doesnt look so bad now. Can see either landing a bomb. Was initially tempted witha Silva win (7/2 sky)due to his hands and vlasquez chin against congo and coming off a big ko loss to JDS. tHAT SAID i FANCY vELASQUEZ BUT 4/6 PP for the Velasquez stoppage appeals more at the moment. (The guy is 1/4 and this is the most likely outcome so if you afncy Cain get on!) Struve v Johnson is tricky. Is Skyscraper chhoses to trade its lights out imo. But its a given thast if Struve gets it to the floor he should win. Struve seems to get confident striking at the moment (hes not bad at it) but Johnson is one of THE hardest hittters. Tough to call but I THINK sTRUVE MAY get cocky and trade and I can see Johnson knocking him out maybee....lol Still unsure:)