** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb

staffy

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb Looks like my New Year's resolution not to bet on Premier League games may be broken this Sunday. Manchester United to win DNB @ 2.1 with Ladbrokes seems just too huge value to turn down. I know both teams have been inconsistent of late but overall in the Premier League United seem to be a level above Chelsea. 12 points ahead of them, far superior goal difference (ManU +35, Chelsea +15) plus 4 last matches in H2H won by Mancunians tell the story. Besides, just looking at this season stats: Chelsea Home 7-1-3 ManU Away 8-2-1 This suggests that the chance of home win/draw/away win is 8-3-11 which translates into: 36% 13% 50% Of course the 13% chance of a draw slightly distorts the picture but anything above evens on DNB is a huge value on United.

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb Chelsea have not had a good record against strong teams this season. Though they beat Man City somewhat fortunately, they have lost against Liverpool on a couple of occasions, lost against Arsenal at time as well as being beat by Utd at old trafford as far as I can remember. However, the odds for the reverse fixture back in September created 1x2 of about 2.05-3.55-4.3. This rated these teams as to having perfectly even strength taking into account home advantage, and is the basic frame of the odds structure for bookies, and are commonly seen amonst even fixtures in the league with such clashes such as Fulham vs Everton, Sunderland vs Stoke etc etc, of course not taking into account injuries, managers, form and so on. My initial instinct was on Man Utd, but did not expect odds to be this low, currently at around 2.950 at best, considering the 2.05-3.55-4.3 clash earlier this season. In that game, it was incredabily open and Chelsea were probably marginally the better side (Torres open goal miss, as you can all remember). I agree chelseas form this season hasnt been great, especially against the big teams but you have to consider that Utd have a long list of injuries and Chelsea's squad avaliable will be stronger than the fixture back in September. On paper, i'd say value on Chelsea, but my mug punters instinct says Manchester Utd are the better looking team for this game. Perhaps this is why the odds are of such.

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb Predicition: Chelsea win 2.62 @ Betfair At the moment Man United have: De Gea, Lindegaard, Rooney, Nani, Jones, Anderson, Young, Fletcher, Vidic, Owen, Cleverley all out. Nani and Rooney are touch and go to start. It's getting so desperate at Man U that I wouldn't be surprised if Cantona, Schmeichel and Keane turned up v Chelsea. Chelsea have Lampard and Terry missing, though with the way Chelsea are trying to head at the moment (out with the old, in with the new), this isn't necessarily terrible news. Chelsea don't have a particularly good record v Top 6 sides, Man U just have so many key players out I think Chelsea look like good value.

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb

What odds would you expect on United to consider it value Thuspider?
Though Ferguson has got his veterans playing well, id be expecting at least 5/2 rather than 19/10 for a Utd win to be backable, taking into account Chelseas poor form against strong teams.

Predicition: Chelsea win 2.62 @ Betfair At the moment Man United have: De Gea, Lindegaard, Rooney, Nani, Jones, Anderson, Young, Fletcher, Vidic, Owen, Cleverley all out. Nani and Rooney are touch and go to start. It's getting so desperate at Man U that I wouldn't be surprised if Cantona, Schmeichel and Keane turned up v Chelsea. Chelsea have Lampard and Terry missing, though with the way Chelsea are trying to head at the moment (out with the old, in with the new), this isn't necessarily terrible news. Chelsea don't have a particularly good record v Top 6 sides, Man U just have so many key players out I think Chelsea look like good value.
Either De Gea or Lindegard might be able to play against Chelsea but still both are nothing compared to Van Der Saar. The bottom line is that United are without a good goalkeeper at the moment and I agree that odds on Chelsea are good. But in my opinion it is better to focus on goals market because I can't see this one ending 0-0. or a narrow win for either side.

Predicition: Chelsea win 2.62 @ Betfair At the moment Man United have: De Gea, Lindegaard, Rooney, Nani, Jones, Anderson, Young, Fletcher, Vidic, Owen, Cleverley all out. Nani and Rooney are touch and go to start. It's getting so desperate at Man U that I wouldn't be surprised if Cantona, Schmeichel and Keane turned up v Chelsea. Chelsea have Lampard and Terry missing, though with the way Chelsea are trying to head at the moment (out with the old, in with the new), this isn't necessarily terrible news. Chelsea don't have a particularly good record v Top 6 sides, Man U just have so many key players out I think Chelsea look like good value.
Are you certain that Lampard and Terry are out?? I can't see that confirmed anywhere!?! Also, surely the fact that Cole and Rameries will both miss this game is of more significance than Lampard?? It will be the first time in something like 65 games that Chelsea won't have Cole at left-back.

Are you certain that Lampard and Terry are out?? I can't see that confirmed anywhere!?! Also, surely the fact that Cole and Rameries will both miss this game is of more significance than Lampard?? It will be the first time in something like 65 games that Chelsea won't have Cole at left-back.
Check this link http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/fantasy-football-injuries/ They are expected to play but nothing is certain yet.

Check this link http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/fantasy-football-injuries/ They are expected to play but nothing is certain yet.
Thanks Mustafa. I use Physioroom.com myself. This is the 3rd PL game this weekend that this fella has stated team news that is not correct/confirmed. Not sure where he is getting his info but it is not right to be stating unconfirmed team news as fact.

Thanks Mustafa. I use Physioroom.com myself. This is the 3rd PL game this weekend that this fella has stated team news that is not correct/confirmed. Not sure where he is getting his info but it is not right to be stating unconfirmed team news as fact.
I guess it is difficult to find a reliable website to get all up date info regarding injuries and bans. The only thing is the official website of any given team, but that will take time to research all the teams every weekend.

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb Think I'm favouring Man Utd in this tie, Ashley Cole missing for Chelsea is a big miss in my opinion as he would have been marking Antonio Valencia (who has bundles of pace and always looks dangerous), I can see Man Utd having a lot of success down Chelsea's left flank and creating lots of opportunities to score. If Terry is also missing for Chelsea, this will only help Man Utds case and I can see Man Utd scoring at least 2 here as Chelsea will have a make shift defence (something like Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Bosingwa maybe). Man Utd average just below 2 goals in away games (21 scored in 11 away games). Think I'll go for the following: Man Utd Goals - 2 or more @ 2.50 - Skybet

This is the 3rd PL game this weekend that this fella has stated team news that is not correct/confirmed. Not sure where he is getting his info but it is not right to be stating unconfirmed team news as fact.
I know it can be frustrating, but it's wise just to treat all team news as conjecture at best until the line ups are actually announced. I don't think anybody deliberately sets out to give false information, but websites that feature injury news and possible line ups are notoriously unreliable. Basically, unless you can verify a suspension or an injury yourself, don't rely on that info being gospel. :ok

I know it can be frustrating' date=' but it's wise just to treat all team news as conjecture at best until the line ups are actually announced. I don't think anybody deliberately sets out to give false information, but websites that feature injury news and possible line ups are notoriously unreliable. Basically, unless you can verify a suspension or an injury yourself, don't rely on that info being gospel. :ok[/quote'] I know, your right. Just my time of the month :p

Look, this isn't reporting on a national newspaper, in the end all I was using was the PhyisoRoom.com, which I've found to be one of the more reliable sources. You never know who will end up starting (remember the number of times players have been 'injured' for Man U, only to turn up in the starting line up). I suppose I could put a disclaimer on all injury news pointing out that it is subject to change and that I haven't manage to confirm it from multiple reliable sources. The point still remains though: Man U have a lot of players out injured, Chelsea don't. I think it's unfair to call me out in such a manner.

Look' date=' this isn't reporting on a national newspaper, in the end all I was using was the PhyisoRoom.com, which I've found to be one of the more reliable sources. You never know who will end up starting (remember the number of times players have been 'injured' for Man U, only to turn up in the starting line up). I suppose I could put a disclaimer on all injury news pointing out that it is subject to change and that I haven't manage to confirm it from multiple reliable sources. The point still remains though: Man U have a lot of players out injured, Chelsea don't. I think it's unfair to call me out in such a manner.[/quote'] But if you ain't certain of team news, it's not hard to say "it looks like Chelsea will be without x and/or y". You also stated that Suarez was out for Liverpool, and that N'Zogbia was a doubt for Villa, despite having returned from the heel injury on Wed night. Probably not a big deal for most in the English PL, where punters are much more aware of team news, and information more freely available. But in other leagues, where team news is harder to come by, I think it is important that what is stated here in that regard is accurate. And so when I see incorrect or uncomfirmed team news being stated continually, I believe it should be highlighted. Anyway good luck with your bet. Not sure I would be trusting Chelsea with both Terry and Cole missing.

Look' date=' this isn't reporting on a national newspaper, in the end all I was using was the PhyisoRoom.com, which I've found to be one of the more reliable sources. You never know who will end up starting (remember the number of times players have been 'injured' for Man U, only to turn up in the starting line up). I suppose I could put a disclaimer on all injury news pointing out that it is subject to change and that I haven't manage to confirm it from multiple reliable sources. The point still remains though: Man U have a lot of players out injured, Chelsea don't. I think it's unfair to call me out in such a manner.[/quote'] Oh, and sorry if you were offended mate, nothing personal. This is a bit of a bug bear of mine as I always make a concious effort to double check info before putting it on here. I can see that you are taking the time to check yourself, and just had some poor sources this time. Hopefully you can see my point re: the importance of accurate team news as well.

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb i have looked at taking chelsea but for the life of me i can't find a good reason to. all news so far indicate a victory for away team. chelsea still inconsistent and without terry while nani and rooney may play in this one. manchester is clearly stronger team and vitally important not lose any points to man city. i can not see some 30 years old coach out-smarting old dog ferguson who has lifetime of experience in the game. this should be a good lesson for the boas. i just hope there won't be any red cards or penalties because that the only way this game can go in chelsea favour. my prediction 1-2

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb www.manutd.com confirms that Rooney, Nani, Young, and Cleverly will be in the squad for Sundays game. With Cole and Terry out I see Valencia doing a lot of damage on the right wing providing lots of service to the strikers. I guess these will be Hernandez & Berbatov again with Rooney on the bench. Odds on Utd are shortening. I took 4 units on Utd +0 @2.15 2 units on Utd win @2.70 (was 2.95 a day earlier :wall) Both with Bet365

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb You should have opened a Coral account! They are still offering 19/10 for Utd win plus you get your money back if Chelsea score an injury time goal that turns your 90mins bet into a loser! Very nice imo if you're backing Utd. Though 19/10 is nothing to get too excited about imo. With Utd away from home having the likes of Nani and Rooney avaliable again it will still be a tough game at the Bridge. My initial mug thought is Goals.

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb Both sides are missing number of their important players. Chelsea will most likely be without Cole and Terry and it is a huge disadvantage to their defense in my opinion. Man.United are also missing some of their important players and plus Man.United had some problems with their goalkeepers recently. I believe that goals are the most likely outcome in this game and the odds are really good in my opinion. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (3 units) Bet365

Looks like my New Year's resolution not to bet on Premier League games may be broken this Sunday. Manchester United to win DNB @ 2.1 with Ladbrokes seems just too huge value to turn down. I know both teams have been inconsistent of late but overall in the Premier League United seem to be a level above Chelsea. 12 points ahead of them, far superior goal difference (ManU +35, Chelsea +15) plus 4 last matches in H2H won by Mancunians tell the story. Besides, just looking at this season stats: Chelsea Home 7-1-3 ManU Away 8-2-1 This suggests that the chance of home win/draw/away win is 8-3-11 which translates into: 36% 13% 50% Of course the 13% chance of a draw slightly distorts the picture but anything above evens on DNB is a huge value on United.
Following the above plus having heard the news that both John 'I'll screw your wife' Terry and Cashley Cole are out plus Rooney is back in contention for United I have taken: Manchester United DNB to beat Chelsea @ 2.00 with Sky Bet Stake 4/10

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb

Chelsea haven't lost to Man.United in Premier League for more than 10 years' date=' back in 2002.[/quote'] what? please give some details 2010/11: Manchester Utd Chelsea 2:1 08.05.2011 Manchester Utd Chelsea 2:1 12.04.2011 Chelsea Manchester Utd 0:1 06.04.2011 Chelsea Manchester Utd 2:1 01.03.2011

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb

what? please give some details 2010/11: Manchester Utd Chelsea 2:1 08.05.2011 Manchester Utd Chelsea 2:1 12.04.2011 Chelsea Manchester Utd 0:1 06.04.2011 Chelsea Manchester Utd 2:1 01.03.2011
Obviously he means at Stamford Bridge....

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb Well cups aren't particularly relevant, and Community Shield matches aren't played at Stamford Bridge :ok I think it's a LAY of Chelsea for me. Terry, Cole and Lampard all out represents a pretty big part of their spine. With question marks still over Torres, and Chelsea clearly undergoing a bit of a transitional period this should be an ideal time for United to take advantage here and regain ground in the title race. Far more question marks over this Chelsea side than the current United side. That United team news posted earlier is a load of rubbish too.... don't know where it came from. Rooney, Nani, Cleverley and Young are all fit.