** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb

staffy

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb I do not agree that a cup match would lead to eg MU played either worse or better. (Community Shield: Early sunday morning, sorry). But of course it is thoughtful that MU only won 1 (2002) out of 12 matches at Stamford (4 draws) in 00s. Maybe I would ignore the Mourinho era in this statistic. All of the above statements taken into account I will suggest MU win by 1. Btw I'm a bit troubled by the fact that de Gea has conceded 28 goals in 20 appearances

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb [TABLE] [TR] [TD][h=1]Tip Detail[/h][/TD] [TD=align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England - Prem) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Chelsea v Man UTD [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Man UTD or Draw [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 05/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Skybet @ 1.53 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Man UTD will want to keep the pressure on City. Chelsea will be missing a few key players and UTD have Rooney amongst others coming back. Chelsea are not the team they were a few seasons ago and I can easily see UTD getting something from this game. [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]Close Window[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb Over 3.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Chelsea have a very good home record against Man Utd as they have not lost at home to them in the EPL since 2002, winning 6 and drawing 3 of these games. However to maintain this record, they will do so without their most reliable defenders, as both Terry and Cole are out, and their defence has not been as good with them there, so hard to see them keeping Man Utd out, as they have allowed goals in 7 of their last 9 EPL games. Man Utd get Rooney, Nani, and Young back for this game, which gives them plenty of options up front to score on this defence, and they have scored at least twice in 8 of their last 9 EPL games. Man Utd's defence has also allowed its fair share of goals of late, as they have played four teams in the top 7 on the ladder in various competitions (Liverpool 1-2, Arsenal 2-1, Man City 3-2 and Newcastle 0-3). De Gea is a liability in the air for them, while Ferdinand and Evra are not playing to their usual standard while Evans has been found out. Torres for Chelsea has usually played well against Man Utd, and with no Vidic to shackle him, expect him to get the better of Ferdinand / Evans. Last 4 meetings between these two sides have featured at least 3 goals scored, with both sides scoring, but can see this being similar to the 3-1 home for Man Utd over Chelsea earlier this season, with goals in this game, but the winner will depend on which team's defence makes the fewer mistakes Season record: 109-129 (+20.01)

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb Man United 0 AH vs Chelsea @ 2.020 (Pinnacle:5pts) Fancy United to get the result today. They've traditionally not done well at Stamford Bridge but it's irrelevant really, this is an unrecognisable Chelsea side from the past 7 years, actually the weakest one they've had, they are more leaky at the back and have no real centre forward anymore. Terry is out, Cole is out, their midfield is shorn of Lampard and Ramires, Essien only getting back to full fitness in recent games, Torres has been crap for ages now and Drogba is in Africa. The only positives I can see for Chelsea are Mata and Sturridge - dodgy defenders, midfield lacking guile and legs now, not enough goals up front either. United have the quality up front and on the flanks - Rooney, Nani and Young are all fit for this, I give United an edge in a number of areas on the field tbh. I think they'll get a draw at least so 0AH looks the best option as Chelsea away can still be a tricky game and I want some cover.

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb I'd be more convinced if Rooney started as Valencia supplies well to Rooney and they seem to read each others games so well. I think I read that Valencia has 9 assists from the last 9 games and he would have been dangerous even against Cole. It looks like Cahill is going to start with Terry out and it will be interesting to see whether there is an immediate understanding with his defensive partner at the back. Man Utd worry me in midfield at times, with both Nani and Valencia often playing very wide it leaves huge gaps through the centre of midfield and AVB will look to exploit that if it happens again today. From a betting perspective I can see both teams scoring and over 2.5 goals being the best plays. A real outside chance that varies from 33-1 with Coral to 100-1 with Bluesquare is Berbatov to score a hat trick. If he starts and is on pens that might not be so ridiculous.

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb Overs have just taken a small hit in the last 20 minutes and have all drifted proportionally about 3-4%. I have no bloody clue whats just happened as im a complete mug. I just know my odds are better so definately not at an disadvantage. Chelseas games have been extremely open so far this season, especially against the top 4 sides. 3 - 5 in the Arsenal game that should have been 8 - 8, very open and somewhat "naive" play style described by pundits in the reverse fixture at old trafford, though there was only 4 goals in that match, Rooney missed a penalty and Torres had an open goal miss, as well as numerious other chances for each team. Though it was a more modest 2 - 1 win over Man City at the bridge, City had lots of chances in the opening exchanges with a stonewall penalty that was unseen and the game was changed by the sending off of Clichy. To contrast, against Liverpool the games have been somewhat dry in terms of chances, mainly due to the strength and organisation of the Liverpool squad. Though there has obvious been an change in the team news by the blip in the odds, much of Utd's attacking players look to be avaliable for this game, as announced a couple of days ago. Nani, Young and Rooney is a trio that has plenty of quality in attack. Defensively for Chelsea, Cahill looks to be avaliable to start though Cole probably wont. I fancy this to be either a goal fest, or a tight 1 - 0 or 1 - 1 draw. Hence and thus I have gone big plucked the drift from the exchanges to give: Over 3.5 reverse odds of 3.71 pre commission, (Actual lay of 1.37 on Under 3.5) 10/10 Betfair Over 4.5 reverse odds of 7.67 pre commission, (Actual lay of 1.15 on Under 4.5) 3/10 Betfair

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb Going on recent performances and results you have to fancy Man United to pick up something from this game. Chelsea have looked unconvincing this season and they are missing Terry, Cole and Lampard. With Valencia in good form recently I can see him causing all sorts of problems for Bosingwa who's filling in at left back. With Rooney back for Man United that's a huge plus for them. Chelsea have only won twice in there last eight games. Wereas Man United have won there last three games. Man United DNB 1.91 (4/10) William Hill

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb

[TABLE] [TR] [TD]Tip Detail [/TD] [TD=align: right][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England - Prem)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Event[/TD] [TD] Chelsea v Man UTD[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Man UTD or Draw [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 05/02/2012[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Skybet @ 1.53[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Man UTD will want to keep the pressure on City. Chelsea will be missing a few key players and UTD have Rooney amongst others coming back. Chelsea are not the team they were a few seasons ago and I can easily see UTD getting something from this game.[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]Close Window[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Never in doubt was it?

Overs have just taken a small hit in the last 20 minutes and have all drifted proportionally about 3-4%. I have no bloody clue whats just happened as im a complete mug. I just know my odds are better so definately not at an disadvantage. Chelseas games have been extremely open so far this season, especially against the top 4 sides. 3 - 5 in the Arsenal game that should have been 8 - 8, very open and somewhat "naive" play style described by pundits in the reverse fixture at old trafford, though there was only 4 goals in that match, Rooney missed a penalty and Torres had an open goal miss, as well as numerious other chances for each team. Though it was a more modest 2 - 1 win over Man City at the bridge, City had lots of chances in the opening exchanges with a stonewall penalty that was unseen and the game was changed by the sending off of Clichy. To contrast, against Liverpool the games have been somewhat dry in terms of chances, mainly due to the strength and organisation of the Liverpool squad. Though there has obvious been an change in the team news by the blip in the odds, much of Utd's attacking players look to be avaliable for this game, as announced a couple of days ago. Nani, Young and Rooney is a trio that has plenty of quality in attack. Defensively for Chelsea, Cahill looks to be avaliable to start though Cole probably wont. I fancy this to be either a goal fest, or a tight 1 - 0 or 1 - 1 draw. Hence and thus I have gone big plucked the drift from the exchanges to give: Over 3.5 reverse odds of 3.71 pre commission, (Actual lay of 1.37 on Under 3.5) 10/10 Betfair Over 4.5 reverse odds of 7.67 pre commission, (Actual lay of 1.15 on Under 4.5) 3/10 Betfair
Good win here to round off a decent weekend.

Re: Chelsea v Man UTD > Sun 5th Feb

Following the above plus having heard the news that both John 'I'll screw your wife' Terry and Cashley Cole are out plus Rooney is back in contention for United I have taken: Manchester United DNB to beat Chelsea @ 2.00 with Sky Bet Stake 4/10
We all know the score, bet void. What a month - 4 games chosen so faron DNB - all void (one due to postponement). I should try my luck with draws next time! ;)

What a game. That's why I like EPL. Congrats to all who backed goals here.
A bit off topic, but that's why I like English football (not just EPL). Yesterday Southend (League Two if anyone asks) were 2:0 to he good 4 minutes from time but only ended with a draw. I had a DNB on them I was furious!

Re: Chelsea v Man Utd > Sun 5th Feb omg what a game i had money on manchester united +0 im so lucky :p looks like alot of you guys did same bets as me, hehe were all on the same boat i listened to you and put a small bet on over 3.5 goals thanks youreally pesuaded me to go for it so i get a small profit

Over 3.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Chelsea have a very good home record against Man Utd as they have not lost at home to them in the EPL since 2002, winning 6 and drawing 3 of these games. However to maintain this record, they will do so without their most reliable defenders, as both Terry and Cole are out, and their defence has not been as good with them there, so hard to see them keeping Man Utd out, as they have allowed goals in 7 of their last 9 EPL games. Man Utd get Rooney, Nani, and Young back for this game, which gives them plenty of options up front to score on this defence, and they have scored at least twice in 8 of their last 9 EPL games. Man Utd's defence has also allowed its fair share of goals of late, as they have played four teams in the top 7 on the ladder in various competitions (Liverpool 1-2, Arsenal 2-1, Man City 3-2 and Newcastle 0-3). De Gea is a liability in the air for them, while Ferdinand and Evra are not playing to their usual standard while Evans has been found out. Torres for Chelsea has usually played well against Man Utd, and with no Vidic to shackle him, expect him to get the better of Ferdinand / Evans. Last 4 meetings between these two sides have featured at least 3 goals scored, with both sides scoring, but can see this being similar to the 3-1 home for Man Utd over Chelsea earlier this season, with goals in this game, but the winner will depend on which team's defence makes the fewer mistakes
:ok Season record: 110-130 (+21.21)