BBOTD 30Th Of January

15:45 Ayr Lady Bluesky Win (4,00) William Hill Lady Bluesky gets her first run at this grade. She´s been in great form lately, whit two placed and a win. She got a great hurdle record, whit three wins in six runs and generally looks strong. She could surprice the others at this level and continue her, good run. Lady Bluesky have showen some of her best off this distance. The ground are expected to be heavy, which could benefit the 9 year old. See previous done well on a slow ground. Lady Bluesky recent form. 5-5-3-2-1 The jockey Ewan Whillans are on board. He previous done well on this horse whit four win on her.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January *Seven Is Lucky - Ayr 2:20* Competitive handicap chase on heavy ground but i am going to side with the bottom weight in this affair. Has been running fairly poorly over hurdles of late, but it should be more suited back over fences, and won over this trip of 3m 1f at Carlisle on heavy going in 2010 off a mark of 94 and runs off a mark of 92 tomorrow, so is very well handicapped. Its best form is on heavy going and Graham Lee is a good man in the saddle, and runs off the bottom weight which is another plus over this long slog in the mud. Jim Goldie does well at Ayr in chases, with a record of 17 wins from 107 runners producing a profit of £10.75 to level stakes. Graham Lee has a great record when riding for Goldie, with 30 wins from 187 rides producing a profit of £38 to level stakes. Should have a good shout *1 Point WIN @ 13/2 VC BOG*

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 17:40 - Wolverhampton - Chabada @ 6/4 Paddy Power (BOG) I fancy previous C&D winner Chabada to notch up her Hat-trick tomorrow. Unbeaten in 2 starts for Ian Wlliams she won over 1m 6f at Wolverhampton last week, and while she was raised 6lbs for the victory, i think she will still have the beating of Sail Home who scored at Kempton last week and is also raised 6lbs for her efforts Sorry for the no-show the past couple of days, been extremely busy!

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January

3.40 Wolverhampton Double Carpet 1pt win 9/1 VC Bet I quite like the look of this horse in this race. I actually backed him last time out when he finished 3rd. To me he was unlucky and got stuck in behind a wall of horses and then the eventual winner cut him off slightly. He looked to get outpaced but I thought he was hampered and he did run on well in the final furlong once he got some room. I think there should be to come from him off this mark and over this trip. He is a course winner over 6f but he did won over 7f off a 3lb higher mark at Kempton back in February last year. I think his last few runs on the all weather have showed that he is slowly coming to hand and he may be ready to strike. Fergus Sweeney is not in the best of form at the moment but he has rode the horse several times in the past so I am not worried that he hasn't had a winner in the last couple of weeks. He doesn't have the best of draws here but I don't think it matters so much over 7f at this track. If he gets a clear run through the race then I see him being involved at the finish.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 5.10 Wolverhampton: Angel Gabrial @ 4/1 William HillHe's very lightly raced and ran well in all his three starts. He finished third in his two recent outings here at Wolverhampton and even if he was beaten 3 lengths & 5 lengths I thought that were fine performances. He raced over 9 furlongs for the first time lto and was just beaten by two well fancied rivals, trainined by Marco Botti and John Gosden. Jamie Spencer eased him down in the final furlong but he still came four lengths clear of the fourth. He gives his Handicap debut tomorrow off a mark of 74 in a decent field but with further improvement expected I think he can run a big race.

5.40 Wolverhampton Just the 5 runners but a decent looking handicap. Lady Elsie was well backed on 2nd appearance for new informed stable last time out but was well below clearly what was expected and looks the worthy outsider in this field. Sail Home produced a career best when romping home last week at Kempton in a race that paid to race handily, 6lb penalty makes life tougher in this company and another career best required. Mount Abora won last time out narrowly by a head to Boa, those two are closely matched today on 1lb revised terms, a 5lb higher mark for that win makes Mount Abora look vunerable and Boa is fully exposed and is now 7lb above last winning mark. They will all have to go some way to beat Chabada who is now 2 from 3 runs, winning a reasonable maiden at Southwell before bolting up over this course over 2f further, still running green that day when out in front and will perhaps be held onto a little longer today but a 6lb penalty nor the drop back of 2f shouldnt cause too much trouble and clearly well treated. 1pt win Chabada 11/8 bet365

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 3.40 wolves WIGRAMS TURN 5/1 bet365 The form of the race this fella won over CD on 9th December is working out very well with 4 out the first 6 that day going on to win 7 races between them, is still very well handicapped on old form having won off 85 in the past and running off 66 today. Ignore last run at Lingfield he's never gone there 0-3 and that run stunk in my opinion drifted all day and hugged inside at lingfield never landed a blow back over CD think he could be a good bet, has been drifting all night all-ready opening 7/2 now out to 5s, that is the problem when backing this stables horses and i think we will know our fate the way the market goes in the 10 mins before the race. 1pt win 5/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January Really horrible price this one will be but it looks a tough day and one of those where I'd just be happy to pick up a winner and get out of there 1:10 Plumpton - Montbazon - Back If he doesn't win this then there's something wrong. He's a maiden over hurdles but has been tried at some pretty lofty heights and is dropped massively in grade here in presumably a confidence boosting mission. He ran a screamer lto and a reproduction of that would probably see him win this probably hard on the steel. Unattractive price but I'd be devastated if he gt turned over 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 3.40 Wolverhampton - Striker Torres - 15/2 WH Goes well round here and is well handicapped on best form shown in the past year. Trainer had a recent winner and has won over course and distance. Went close lto with that form working out quite well. Versatile tactically and i've got him down as favourite, should go close.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 2.20 AyrWatch Live Racing At BetVictor.com Handicap Chase Cl4 3m1fRADHARC NA MARA 9/2 bog (William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet365, Boylesports)Very good chance for this Irish mare to repeat what she did just one year ago in her first and sole start in Britain. Radharc Na Mara was sent to Sedgefield just one year ago for a Maiden Chase over 3m3f and she destroyed the field winning eased down 31L ahead the runner-up. In that race the odds-on favourite was Howard Johnson's Silent Cliche who was still in contention with her before falling 4 out. It could have been a close finish between the two but that line is a very strong one anyway as even if Radharc Na Mara was racing with 7lb less than Silent Cliche the horse trained by Howard Johnson last year went on collecting two very good placements and his OR was 142 when last seen in the Scottish Grand National (Grade 3) last April. Radharc Na Mara went back to Ireland after that win and had just three more starts last season all quite disappointing. During this Winter Radharc Na Mara raced three times. In November she was pulled up at Thurles still far from her top form but her last two starts have been more than good. Her second last was at Clonmel over 2m4f 8 weeks ago where she finished a close third 1 1/2L behind Senior Again and 1/2L behind Quarryvale. That result reads very well now for two reasons. First of all for the way Radharc Na Mara finished the race, closing on the leader at the line full of steam (short trip then, her best trip today) but above all for the results achieved by the two horses who had just beaten her at Clonmel in that race. Quarryvale won her next start and finished third in the next two (last one 4 days ago at Gowran Park) with her mark upped 11lb since that race at Clonmel before her last start and it could go up again. Senior Again has done even better finishing second to Luke's Benefit in his next start before crashing home all his opponents yesterday at Leopardstown with a superb finale in a high quality handicap chase (15k to the winner). The J P McManus-owned and F Flood-trained Senior Again was upped 12lb from that race at Clonmel before yesterday performance and is due to go way higher once his next handicap mark will be published. After that solid effort at Clonmel Radharc Na Mara raced again on New Year's Day at Fairyhouse in a good quality handicap chase over 3m1f. She fell 2 out when already under pressure but still close to the winner that was another J P McManus-owned and F Flood-trained horse, In Great Form, upped 12lb after that win and now aimed to way bigger targets. Radharc Na Mara has to beat 9 horses today but can't see that happening since there are a few of them well handicapped but that's because of their poor current form and wouldn't like to support their chances against a quality Irish mare who came here surely not on holiday. The one with solid form and market leader at the moment is Royal Mackintosh who ran very well last time out at Kelso finishing close 2nd and has been upped 4lb for that result. All his 4 wins came at Carlisle and at Ayr Royal Mackintosh has raced 3 times in his career so far: pulled up twice and second in his other start but that was 3 years ago. Still lightly raced (even if not as much as my selection) this 11yo trained and owned by Alan Mctaggart is the main threat in this race but I see a stronger formlines supporting my selection. Radharc Na Mara's trainer J T R Dreaper saddled 15 runners in Britain in the last 5 years and 5 of them won (33%) and today he has booked A E Lynch for the ride, a top Irish jockey who has been riding better than ever this season (not only with the superstarts Sizing Europe and Voler La Vedette) and Lynch comes to Ayr for two rides today and the other one is Filbert Fox a 6yo trained by S R B Crawford who is at the moment at the bottom of the market in the 2.55 race even if it's a kind of dark horse that could surprise a lot in that race.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 3.25 Ayr - 1pt win Raysrock @ 8/1 (Bet365) Lucinda Russell has her horses in good order and this horse looks very interesting returning to hurdles and dropped in trip. He's been running over further over fences but seems best over around 2 miles on deep ground. His record over this trip at Ayr reads F121 with the fall coming when in the lead at the last so he clearly goes well here. He won off this mark by 5l over fences in March here and was in good form over hurdles when last seen. Hasn't got home, but shaped with reasonable promise the last twice in decent chasing races, and everything looks set to suit here.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 4.0 ayr Prince Blackthorn was well backed last time after a year off. Ran very well for a long way but just ran out of gas over 2m 4f. Back to 2miles today and off the same mark of 92 should take some stopping. Cash has come again for it, Gilles on board for the 1st time, expecting a big run. PRINCE BLACKTHORN 1pt win @ 5/2 stan james

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January W2.00 Blue Noodles 0.5pt E/W 22/1 Sportingbet I've had this horse in mind as a betting proposition on its last few outings but discarded it due to it being ridden by P Aspell. He's got a terrible record and I simply couldn't back anything that he rides (he's something like 1 win from 80+ rides this season). Todays race is an amateur riders race and the jockey is able to claim the full 7lb. He's only had 2 rides at the track, one of which was a 3rd at 100/1 for the same trainer as he rides for today. The horse has won over the course and over the distance and has dropped to a very low mark especially if you include the jockeys claim. Interestingly the only time the horse has made the frame in its last dozen or so outings have been (without exception) when someone other the Aspell was on board so I'm hoping that sequence continues today.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January Prince Blackthorn Ayr 4.00 1pt 2/1 PP Well gambled lto on his first run in over a year. That was over 2m 4f and he drops down to 2m today. He traveled like a dream for the majority of that race before fading in the last few furlongs so should be more suited by today's trip. Despite finishing 4th it was a fair effort given the long absence and he possibly raced too well/keen for his own good. He had decent form when trained in Ireland, most notably his run behind Rathlin and Definite Class in February 2011. His mark of 92 looks lenient and he should be open to any amount of improvement.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 2.10 Plumpton - Aikideau - Aikideau took four races before get his head in front in front on his fifth attempt, he was upped in distance that day after previously being tried at 2m or 2m 1f were he ran one paced. He may have found the shorter races too sharp and may require a stiffer test of stamina which he has again today. He drops down in grade after winning a grade three race last time out, which may help offset the extra conditon he has to carry today. Firey King and Ruling Party are the dangers. Firey King is a point to point winner, but the form from that race looks scrappy. While Ruling Party who was 3rd last time, the form of his race looks reasonable with the winner of that race winning next time out.

2.10 Plumpton: Aikideau - 1pt win @ 13/8 Ladbrokes (BOG)

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 4.40 Wolverhampton Some filthy money for MARKSBURY today, 20/1 into 7/1. Hasn't shown much this season but was returning from a break and could come on for the last two runs. Dropped back down to the same sort of mark as when winning apprentices race in the past. Luke Morris on again. 15/2 VC, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 245 Plumpton: Miss Fleur EW (12/1 Laddies) This mare won well the time before last and looked set for a follow up last time but ran a very moderate race, cant really explain the lifeless display only that the soft ground may have been worse than descibed as she didnt pick up at all that day. The mark is her highest so she just may not be good enough but on this slightly better surface and on a track she has run well at before i'm prepared to give her another chance at the odds. The trainer is in decent form still too so expect a much better showing today.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January Wolv 2.35 - One More Roman - win at 5/1 bog VC Only 5 runners for the claimer and two of them look like no hopers The other three can all have cases made for them so I'm going for the one at the biggest odds One more roman has won here at 7 furlongs (6F today) and can front run. I think his chance today is to get out in front and set a decent enough clip to allow his stamina to come into play in the final furlong Faraway's wins have come in really slow races - I think he's vulnerable if there's a decent pace on Redair won a poor race last time, worse than this. Her wins have come at 5 furlongs so she might also be vulnerable to a decent pace over 6f

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January pete the feat 15/2 stan james E/W plumpton 14:45 horse on decent form and a fair second last time out , this horse seems to respond to a drop in class and hopefully will today , runs off top mark . not an awful record here but not a win . i note felix de giles riding , he has a great record atm and must boost confidence , was a predicted favourite at 3/1 now 15/2 ! i think he stands a decent chance , there defo easy pics out there but i realy need the big prices so trying to find value

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January Plumpton 2.10 Seedsman 6-1 Each Way at Bet Victor (bog) Showed some ability behind Heather Royal at Huntingdon at the beginning of the month shaping as though a longer trip would suit. Sam Twiston-Davies' only ride of the day should progress from that run and is a fair each way bet in a race where only 5 have a realistic chance of making the frame

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January 2.10 Diamond Sweeper @ Plumpton - was unlucky on debut last January when finishing 2nd of 12.Hasn't built on that but if settling down can go close.Sam Thomas is a good booking to ride today and trainer Alan King has a 15% strike rate in hurdles this season and a 56% strike rate here at Plumpton can grab a place at nice price 0.5e/w @ 16/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of January Lady Elsie 5.40 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. Cannot win this on recent form alone, but the fact that it's a small field and the pace could be trappy,it does give her chances of an overdue win. No trip and surface problems and if the tactics are spot on, then can win this race. Should be a close run race, despite the 4 runners, but we can get the nod. 9/1 Betfred (bog)

17:40 - Wolverhampton - Chabada @ 6/4 Paddy Power (BOG) I fancy previous C&D winner Chabada to notch up her Hat-trick tomorrow. Unbeaten in 2 starts for Ian Wlliams she won over 1m 6f at Wolverhampton last week, and while she was raised 6lbs for the victory, i think she will still have the beating of Sail Home who scored at Kempton last week and is also raised 6lbs for her efforts Sorry for the no-show the past couple of days, been extremely busy!
Non-Runner 4.40 - Wolverhampton - Mataajir @ 3/1 Bet365 (BOG) Mataajir was denied a four-timer here by only a head a couple weeks ago, and after a poor run when stepped-up in trip i fancy him to go much better today. Derek Shaws 4yo won on this course back in December, with him back in class 6 company and running only 1lb higher than his most recent victory i'm hoping he can repeat his good from from the turn of the year. Jockey Joe Fanning has a strong 27% strike rate at this course.