Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January

Dylan

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January Both Milan teams in action in the cup this week, the Inter game is more interesting to me betting wise but will have to wait for team news obviously. If they look to be fielding a weaker team then it could be worth looking to back Genoa in some way, maybe on a plus handicap. I'm expecting Genoa to go reasonably strong in their team selection especially with a new manager looking to impress. As for Milan, the manager Allegri gave away 10 of his starting 11 today and he will go for; Amelia Bonera Nesta Mexes Antonini Nocerino Ambrosini ??? Emanuelson El Shaarawy Inzagi http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/breaking_news_show/19923 Seedorf probably would have played but he is ill, so its likely a youngster might some in to fill the last position. Not sure who else is in the rest of the squad. Anyway that seems like a really strong cup team and I can't see any upset happening tomorrow. The only possible option I could see is an under 2.5 (either total or Milan goals). Defensivly they will be resolute with a strong and experienced back 4 with Nocerino and Ambrosini protecting, but the front three is untested, El Shaarawy is young, Inzagi too old and Emauelson whilst being lively is very inexperienced in that position. Novara have taken the strongest possible squad and unlike Cesena last week, seem to be taking the competition more seriously. They aren't very good but could frustrate Milan, and I feel they might need one of their star strikers to come of the bench and kill the game late on.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January

Novara have taken the strongest possible squad and unlike Cesena last week, seem to be taking the competition more seriously.
Serie A match in Novara, which is on Sunday, is far more important for Novara so their best player Rigoni (6g, 4ass) probably won't play tonight. On goal will be 37 year-old Fontana (2nd gk)... Btw Nesta and Boateng for Milan; Paci and Dellafiore for Novara; are suspended for next game beetwen these teams on Sunday.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January Ranieri takes serious Genoa game and gives importance to Coppa Italia. Julio Cesar and Pazzini will be rested. Stankovic and Forlan are injured. Portieri: 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni, 70 Paolo Tornaghi; Difensori: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 26 Cristian Chivu, 37 Davide Faraoni, 55 Yuto Nagatomo; Centrocampisti: 8 Thiago Motta, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Ricardo Alvarez, 18 Andrea Poli, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi; Attaccanti: 22 Diego Milito, 28 Mauro Zarate, 30 Luc Castaignos. Genoa coach Pasquale Marino giving more importance to up-coming Palermo game. Genoa will play with a mixed squad (some of regulars and reserves) against Inter. Forwards Gilardino , Palacio , midfielder Veloso , first choise goalkeeper Frey haven't joined to Milano trip. Defenders Bovo , Dainelli , Kaladze and Antonelli are injured. Group of Genoa players ; 88 Biondini, 10 Birsa, 27 Constant, 5 Granqvist, 11 Jankovic, 19 Jorquera, 33 Kucka, 22 Lupatelli, 32 Marchiori, 20 Mesto, 36 Meucci, 24 Moretti, 2 Pratto, 7 Rossi, 31 Sampirisi, 73 Scarpi, 81 Sculli, 14 Seymour, 9 Zé Eduardo, 38 Zima. Inter are in good mood and will play against Genoa with sky-high confidence after winning Derby della Madonnina. Inter (probable) : 4-4-1-1 Castellazzi; Maicon, Lucio, Ranocchia, Chivu; Zanetti, Poli, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Sneijder, Milito Genoa (probable) : 4-3-3 Lupatelli, Mesto, Granqvist, Rossi, Moretti, Biondini, Seymour, Constant, Sculli, Pratto, Jorquera Inter -1.25 AH @2.05 3 Units :ok

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January I'm not sure that Lucio, Zanetti and Milito will play, but it's possible course. However Inter have enough quality players to replace them. On the other hand Genoa will be, despite all absences, and without midfielder Merkel who is back in Milan. They're my favorite Italian team so I won't participate here, but GL to all who play...

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January Was eyeing up backing Inter to score a few goals tonight (maybe over 2.5 etc) having seen Ranieiri's squad selection. However i'm sure with the news of Genoa taking a weakened squad, and with none of Bovo , Dainelli , Kaladze and Antonelli being able to return to fitness for this game Ranieri might look to field a less than first choice team as he now knows that Genoa will offer less threat than first imagined. I'm still considering it, but it will depend on what attackers the Inter boss goes for. I haven't seen any clear suggestions as to what he will go for (unlike Allegri prior to last nights match), so there is equal chance of him going for Sneijder, Alvarez and Pazzini as there is for him going for Obi, Zarate & Castiagos.

The only possible option I could see is an under 2.5 (either total or Milan goals)
I was all set to take this last night, but then I looked at the first team news and it had Robinho rather than Merkel in the starting line up, so decided against it. Checked the score and match report this morning and not only did this go as expected and under 2.5 for both the game and Milan but Robinho stayed on the bench! Unbelievable!!

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January Im interested in taking inter -1.25, their recent home performances are outstanding, and genoa's away performances are poor. However, Genoa just beat Udinese 3-2, and they will be motivated to perform like the previous match. Will Ranieri take the match seriously? Im afraid Milito and a couple of other key players might be rested. Will Genoa play their best team against Inter?

Im interested in taking inter -1.25, their recent home performances are outstanding, and genoa's away performances are poor. However, Genoa just beat Udinese 3-2, and they will be motivated to perform like the previous match. Will Ranieri take the match seriously? Im afraid Milito and a couple of other key players might be rested. Will Genoa play their best team against Inter?
and what ADP wrote... :unsure

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January Looks like Inter or over should be the call. Genoa's primary starting defenders are all not playing in this game, the guy with the most experience is Granqvist who has started 10 games and after that the next most experience is a guy who has started one game.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 18th & 19th January Official starting line ups are; Inter: 12 Castellazzi; 13 Maicon, 2 Cordoba, 23 Ranocchia, 4 Zanetti; 37 Faraoni, 19 Cambiasso, 18 Poli, 20 Obi; 10 Sneijder, 30 Castaignos. Subs: 21 Orlandoni, 6 Lucio, 8 Thiago Motta, 11 Alvarez, 22 Milito, 28 Zarate, 55 Nagatomo. Coach: Claudio Ranieri. Genoa: 22 Lupatelli; 31 Sampirisi, 5 Granqvist, 24 Moretti, 7 Rossi; 33 Kucka, 14 Seymour, 10 Brisa; 19 Jorquera; 2 Pratto, 9 Ze Eduardo. Subs: 73 Scarpi, 11 Jankovic, 20 Mesto, 27 Constant, 32 Marchiori, 81 Sculli, 88 Biondini. Coach: Pasquale Marino. Not sure what to make of this now. Wouldn't fancy backing either team especially for goals as both look short of quality upfront. What i would say is that Inter should be able to control midfield and if they do that then they should have reasonable control of the match. Other than Sniejder they'll look to the two full backs esp Maicon to get forward and take on Rossi (makeshift full back) and the youngster Sampirisi. This should be successful but when they do get in these position, who's going to be on the end of crosses? Def think Inter will struggle to make the most of their chances so on that note I will take a small punt on; Inter vs Genoa - under 2.5 goals 2.25 at bet365 (1 unit) :hope

Official starting line ups are; Inter: 12 Castellazzi; 13 Maicon, 2 Cordoba, 23 Ranocchia, 4 Zanetti; 37 Faraoni, 19 Cambiasso, 18 Poli, 20 Obi; 10 Sneijder, 30 Castaignos. Subs: 21 Orlandoni, 6 Lucio, 8 Thiago Motta, 11 Alvarez, 22 Milito, 28 Zarate, 55 Nagatomo. Coach: Claudio Ranieri. Genoa: 22 Lupatelli; 31 Sampirisi, 5 Granqvist, 24 Moretti, 7 Rossi; 33 Kucka, 14 Seymour, 10 Brisa; 19 Jorquera; 2 Pratto, 9 Ze Eduardo. Subs: 73 Scarpi, 11 Jankovic, 20 Mesto, 27 Constant, 32 Marchiori, 81 Sculli, 88 Biondini. Coach: Pasquale Marino. Not sure what to make of this now. Wouldn't fancy backing either team especially for goals as both look short of quality upfront. What i would say is that Inter should be able to control midfield and if they do that then they should have reasonable control of the match. Other than Sniejder they'll look to the two full backs esp Maicon to get forward and take on Rossi (makeshift full back) and the youngster Sampirisi. This should be successful but when they do get in these position, who's going to be on the end of crosses? Def think Inter will struggle to make the most of their chances so on that note I will take a small punt on; Inter vs Genoa - under 2.5 goals 2.25 at bet365 (1 unit) :hope
Result: Inter 2 Genoa 1 I saw some of this game. From what I saw, Inter definitely deserved the win, and controlled most of the game. Although the last minutes Genoa goal killed the under 2.5 bet, Inter weren't particularly bothered I don't think. They seemed very good at slowing down the pace and defending their goal and their lead - and ultimately, this helped them win the game. I thought Genoa tried but Inter were superior.