Ruby Walsh on Twitter

Re: Ruby Walsh on Twitter

I think I may back the unders for same stake. Leaving me with €20 @ 10/1 for a middle of 27,501 35,000.
Yep, similar to what I've done too. £60 at over 25k yesterday and £60 today at under 25k today, so basically, a free bet, with possible £100 return it falls in the middle.

Re: Ruby Walsh on Twitter Apart from AP, does anyone know of a racing personality with a following of more than 35k twitter followers? Trainer wise, Paul Nicholls has 35k, but on the flat, even Johnny Muragh has less than 15k. Don't think Frankie has an official page. Even the broadcasters like Hoiles and Luck are around the 10/15k mark.

Apart from AP, does anyone know of a racing personality with a following of more than 35k twitter followers? Trainer wise, Paul Nicholls has 35k, but on the flat, even Johnny Muragh has less than 15k. Don't think Frankie has an official page. Even the broadcasters like Hoiles and Luck are around the 10/15k mark.
There a lot of Racing people on Twitter but like you say none of them bar McCoy and Nicholls have a really big following. Given Nicholls has 35k and he tweets a fair bit I find it hard to see Ruby getting near that mark within two months. As someone else has said the fact he hasnt really tweeted anything worthwhile so far is not going to help him.

There a lot of Racing people on Twitter but like you say none of them bar McCoy and Nicholls have a really big following. Given Nicholls has 35k and he tweets a fair bit I find it hard to see Ruby getting near that mark within two months. As someone else has said the fact he hasnt really tweeted anything worthwhile so far is not going to help him.
I see on their forum, Betfair are flagging up a Twitter Q&A session with Paul Nicholls "Racing's top man is back on our Twitter feed and live for an hour on January 18. Ten prizes will be won by those asking the questions! After the popularity of last November's Q&A with Paul Nicholls the champion trainer returns to Betfair Racing's Twitter feed for an hour-long blast this Wednesday (January 18). The action starts at 19:00 and everyone who asks a question will go into the draw to win branded goodies - with five signed autobiographies and five polo shirts on offer. During the session Paul will review the first half of the jumps season while also looking forward to forthcoming festivals, but you can ask whatever you like (within reason of course!) Submit your question to @betfairracing using the hash tag #AskPaul and Paul will answer as many as possible on Wednesday night." Will be interesting to see what this does for his follower numbers, and interesting that he only has 35k when he is much more forthcoming with information than Walsh. Looking at Walsh, the only mention of tips for horses seems to be where he tweeted to say that his tips were in the Irish Examiner. Can't see that sort of "insight" proving very popular. Of course as mentioned already, if RUK really push him this may change :unsure

• 1 month later...

Re: Ruby Walsh on Twitter Currently standing on 19,680 followers with less than 2 weeks to go. Looks like the original line of 25,000 was reasonable enough, and think those of us on 27,500 35,000 will be struggling. Here is hoping for Ruby to be much more active in the run up to the festival, and his numbers pick up significantly.

He didnt tell us he fell off Kauto on Friday did he???
Not at all. PN tweeted all was well last weekend. Ruby schooled Kauto and all went fine, now suddenly he is 50/50. Can't have sympathy for his defence on RUK last night and how he's open with the media and all. I know horses fall and are fine afterwards, so no point telling public straight away, but still tweeting that everything is fine after a bad fall isn't very clever by Mr. Nicholls. People have no doubt backed the horse after his comments.

Re: Ruby Walsh on Twitter well if on last monday, i went and put a grand on kauto, and i only just found this out, id be furious. Either it could knock his confidence or he wont run which means your moneys down the gurgler. It is in the punters interest to know asap when a horse suffers a setback. Id bet if this happened 3 weeks ago we wouldnt have heard a word bout it. Am amazed public didnt know sooner, Your tellin me ruby, clive, paul, other staff, never told collegues who told friends? Racing is a very 'hush hush' sport. Just shows you never know what goes on behind closed doors.