First Poker Tournament Win

staffy

Played poker last night at the Grosvenor in Walsall. It was a £10.00 pot limit Holdem. Unlimited rebuys for first hour. About 100 runners. After a poor start and having 4 buy-ins I started to turn things round. Starting chips of 1000 after the first hour I was up to 7000 chips. (Blinds 100 200). It went a bit wrong after that was dealing for a while and lost cencentration went down to about 3000 chips. Was moved table so no longer dealing. Lost 2000 chips in one hand not looking good. Several people on the 3 remaining tables had well over 30000 chips. Not much happened til there were only 2 tables left only had a few thousand chips and went all in against chip leader on the table. I had J Q Off suited. She had King Jack. Out comes King 7 10. Then a 4 then a nine. Hit the straight on the river. Still in the game. Somehow manage to survive and get on the final table only 10 of us left. Now into the money stages. i'm looking at the prize board thinking £100 for 9th and 10th a small profit for the night. Blinds are now 2000 4000. Just normal play and everyone taking everyone's blinds not much happening. managed to win a few pots and up to 8000 chips. Blinds now 4000 and 8000. I only have 8000 chips and my big blind is coming round. think there was 8 of us left by now, so was on course to win about £140.00. Dealt jack king. Go all in for my 8000 so up against big blind and small blind also calls. King comes out on the river for me to win the put now got 24000 chips. Still in a bad position with my blinds coming up. Lose 12000 on my blinds. Down to 12000 Chips. Some stupid plays from other players and 4 players go out. Only 4 left. Was very happy would be my best ever finish after finishing 5th last time i played. Still got about 12000 chips, chip leader has about 100000 if not more. I was in last place. manage to nick a couple of blinds and get up to about 24000. Then get dealt 44 on my big blind. Chip leader raises to 16000 chips. Small blind calls so i think for value ill have a look and call. Out comes ace 7 4. I have hit trips. Small blind checks. I check. Chip leader bets. Small folds i call. He has got aces I beat him with trips. I have now got quite a few more chips and In a slightly better position. Next hand a take out 4th place person with pair of kings after the flop. Now got about 70000 chips, now in second. Next hand take out 3rd with trip 4's again. Now chip leader with about 130000 chips. Down to the last 2. I got about 130000 chips he has got about 80000 chips. First 2 hands we nick each others small blind. 3rd hand i get dealt 8 9 suited. I call his big blind just to have a look at flop. Out came 9 3 3. His thinks then goes all in for his 80000 chips. I was now thinking Sh1t. I'm guessing he has 2 high cards and is hoping to nick the chips on the table. i look up at the prize money. £760ish for second or £1660 for first. I call. He shows ace 2. I am infront. Next card a King. Lst card a 9. I hit a full house to win the tourny. I went from almost being knocked out on at least 2 occasions to having no chips on the final table then in the space of about 7 hands winning. :nana

Re: First Poker Tournament Win VERY nice win stafford and congrats on taking down a tournament for the first time :clap. Did you have many rebuys? Did they try and offer you a deal when you got down to only a few left (If they did not it makes it all the more sweeter that you won m8 as they prob thought they could take you out) anyway well done on flying the PL flag high stafford :nana :nana Jez

Re: First Poker Tournament Win I had 4 rebuy's so spent £50.00 in total. They did not offer a deal at 2.30 am we were informed that there would be a chip count at 3.30. At that point I have the 8000 chips and on the way out. I had won by about 3.15. Amazing how things can turn around.