** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£50,000 in a year system

cv1000

Hi, So I will be looking to make £50,000 from a starting bank of £20 during 2012. I will begin on the 9th January and aim to finish on the 1st November so actually under a year. Basically I will be trying to make 3% of my bank each day betting at stakes of 1.01 a time. I will lower this toward the end to allow me to bet at the huge stakes that would need to be wagered. Think this is possible?

Re: £50,000 in a year system Assume you are doing this on Betfair and paying 4% commission you would need to hit 819 1.01's going all in every time. As you said you won't be risking it all towards the end you'll need even more, so probably more like 1000. Add to that I've got no idea if you've got an edge in selecting 1.01's but I imagine you don't. Obviously you have a chance, it's probably something like 1 in 50000 of pulling it off;)

Re: £50,000 in a year system

Hi, So I will be looking to make £50,000 from a starting bank of £20 during 2012. I will begin on the 9th January and aim to finish on the 1st November so actually under a year. Basically I will be trying to make 3% of my bank each day betting at stakes of 1.01 a time. I will lower this toward the end to allow me to bet at the huge stakes that would need to be wagered. Think this is possible?
Nothing is impossible until you prove it. (or so it's the saying) Anyway taking into consideration what you try to do, I think that the chance of you getting these many matches in a row it is so low that you should stop thinking about. What really disturbed me about you was the fact than even if someone helped you (cause you asked for help) you started mocking him. If you already have the numbers and the chance why are you here asking for help??? This is no way you should act on a forum where people are trying to help you. I can wish you good luck, but you'll need all the luck in the world to turn 20$ in 50000$.

Re: £50,000 in a year system Nah he gave a pretty no-frills assessment of your strategy I thought - just worked out the chances of it succeeding and then pointed out that they were low. Which they are. I don't see where sarcasm came into it but I can just about make out the part where you got VERY defensive at having your idea questioned. A better response might have been to point out why you think your idea will work, perhaps using some maths of your own. Still time to do that I reckon.

Re: £50,000 in a year system

You're pretty ignorant if you think I don't know that the odds are low' date=' hence why I asked if people even think it is possible....[/quote'] Of course its POSSIBLE, but its not going to happen especially using bet365 they will never accept bets of that size. 19 posts so far on this pointless thread.

Re: £50,000 in a year system Scotty and Cramer are correct, it will take 787 bets @ 1.01 to get to £49,845.94, but you would struggle to get that sort of bet matched in one on Bet365 when you get into the £10,000's (maybe even lower as they can be shitty with their max limit). To win 787 in a row would take 263 days with 3 bets a day, pretty soon you would have to increase the amount of bets due to the max limit on Bet365. Therefore I would suggest using Betfair as you would get larger amount matched. This would give you a 32 day buffer for "days off". But you may find yourself totally consumed with gambling by the end of it, as you will end up betting on every thing you see with odds @ 1.01 just to try keep you on target. The odds of hitting a loser eventually would stack up pretty high the more bets you will be placing. Plus going all in every time for such a small amount does not appeal to me, as if you spent 200 days (600 bets) to get to £7754.13 and then hit a loser - I would be totally gutted that I spent so much time and energy for nothing. So I would think about banking at certain stages - even if it is a couple of hundred quid put to one side. At least you will have something to show for it.