** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Newcastle Utd - Man Utd Going for the overs on this one. Utd will have Rooney back plus all their regular firepower (Hernandez, Nani, Valencia, etc). Their defence looked shaky against Blackburn and although Smalling looks set to return, still have my doubts about that defence minus Ferdinand & Vidic. Thus I reckon Newcastle can get 1 at least with Ba in good form (also Obertan returns tonight). Newcastle continue to look uncertain in defence without Taylor, having conceded 10 in their last 5 games. MU will be motivated to draw level with Man City after that ridiculous performance against Blackburn. I can see this one ending 2-1 or 3-1 Man Utd. Over 2.5 @ 1.92 Betfair

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

If Howard Webb will blow the whistle I strongly recommend DO NOT BET ON THIS GAME. Alongside Chris Foy Howard Webb is the worst English referee and makes huge mistakes - even beneficiary teams admit this. He should be suspended after last two games and if he will blow the whistle today means FA are total clowns, go for publicity at the expence of correctness Howard Webb is extremely biased on United side, many times he goes wrong in favour of them but first of all he is a poor very poor referee. Will London Donovan play tonight for Everton?
If Webb was on ManU´s side, the safe bet would be United to win...why do you suggest a Nobet?

If Howard Webb will blow the whistle I strongly recommend DO NOT BET ON THIS GAME. Alongside Chris Foy Howard Webb is the worst English referee and makes huge mistakes - even beneficiary teams admit this. He should be suspended after last two games and if he will blow the whistle today means FA are total clowns, go for publicity at the expence of correctness Howard Webb is extremely biased on United side, many times he goes wrong in favour of them but first of all he is a poor very poor referee. Will London Donovan play tonight for Everton?
Please don't post nonsensical conspiracy theories about biased referees and the like. It's inaccurate and makes no valid contribution to the debate.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January A final bet for me this weekend; Despite losing to Blackburn in their last game, Man Utd have been more than prolific in their goalscoring recently. With Rooney back starting, and Berbatov in form, I can only see a multitude of goals coming from Man U tonight. Man Utd Team Goals Over 2.5 @3.25 Bet365 Everton and Bolton both have scoring problems. Based solely on that I'm taking a bit of a punt with this bet. Everton v Bolton First Half Goals Under 0.5 @3.25 Bet365 Both bets as a double - 2 units @10.56 Bet365 :hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January I’m leaning towards Man Utd tonight. Newcastle have one win in eight games - and that was against Bolton. Fergie always gets a reaction when United lose. They've not lost two in a row since losing to Chelsea and Liverpool in March - both away from home. Before that it was March 2010, away to Bayern and home to Chelsea. Might back them in running, as they are quite short at the moment.

If Webb was on ManU´s side' date=' the safe bet would be United to win...why do you suggest a Nobet?[/quote'] No he is a poor referee first of all Secondly: his decisions ar mainly on Man Utd side and this is well known fact in England He has an issue with Liverpool player which posted him in Man Utd Shirt after incorect penalty decision in FA Cup game Man Utd - Liverpool Just look or google which club he is most commonly associated with http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8490553/Howard-Webbs-track-record-when-refereeing-Manchester-United-and-Chelsea.html http://www.facebook.com/pages/Howard-Webb-is-Manchester-Uniteds-best-player/103936619639535

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January (2/10) Everton/Bolton - Under 1 (1st half) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle Liked this bet yesterday in all matches and it really should have won twice instead of once. Anyway, this should be a tight clash with Bolton probably going for defence in the first half and two goals seem to be too much for teams that are not really the most exciting. (2/10) M.United/Newcastle - Under 1 (1st half) @ 2.05 with Pinnacle A lot of expectations for this one, but I feel that we may be in for another boring clash. United need some time to recover from the slump and Newcastle will certainly be happy with a draw, so I cannot see them opening up early on.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Everton V Bolton Goin for double result. HT Draw/Everton FT. Everton are slow starters in their games and we have not a decent striker. We are on a mini run and have got a few victories recently. Can see it being 0-0 first half, and winning the 2nd half 1-0. GL all :ok

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Interesting to see that Man Utd failed to socre more than 1 this season when playing away to a top half side Against Newcastle they will have a tough game I think, as Pardew said he most of all does not want to concede. Ferguson on the other hand surely kicked his players' asses after abysmal defending in Blackburn game. Therefore I think it could be a hard fought battle today, decided by one goal United recorded 3x 0-1 wins away this season, so this could be a case this time too However, I'll also put some small stake on Newcastle to score 2 or more, as maybe Fergie didn't kick hard enough and this makeshift defence will let in a couple in the other game, Everton goals 1.5 goals @3.75 2/10 pts Newcastle >2.5 goals @11 0.5/10 pts with bet365

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Newcastle to win @ 5.6 Bolton to win @ 7,8 Good odds here for Newcastle and Bolton to win. Newcastles form has picked up form and man utd are terrible at home and even worse away.and can't even beat Blackburn who are bottom of the league. Bolton can take care of an average everton side that can't score any goals..

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Everton - Bolton
Selection X
Strength 10/10
Date 04/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 4.61
Reasoning After such surprises from Man City, Man United and Chelsea, I really cant see why Everton is having such low odds. Everton got scoring problems the whole season and I dont understand why Yakubu is out for a loan deal. Also Botlton made their first draw the last round, after 18 league games without single draw. Bolton is still without draw away from home after 9 away matches having 3-0-6. Last season Bolton won their home game with 2:0 at Reabok Stadium and made 1:1 draw away from home against Everton. the odds for the draw are more than juicy

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Everton - Bolton
Selection X
Strength 10/10
Date 04/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 4.61
Reasoning After such surprises from Man City, Man United and Chelsea, I really cant see why Everton is having such low odds. Everton got scoring problems the whole season and I dont understand why Yakubu is out for a loan deal. Also Botlton made their first draw the last round, after 18 league games without single draw. Bolton is still without draw away from home after 9 away matches having 3-0-6. Last season Bolton won their home game with 2:0 at Reabok Stadium and made 1:1 draw away from home against Everton. the odds for the draw are more than juicy
Yakubu is not out for a loan deal, hes has a contract with Blackburn. Though he was out on loan to Leicester last season under Sven. I agree with their scoring problems, though Bolton sometimes leak goals, I think Cahill will start this game, so the excellent odds on unders cant be ignored: Under 2.5 2.05 10/10 Pinnacle. As for the Manchester united game I feel odds will further shorten towards kickoff after the teamsheets are out, as I feel Ferguson will take no risks tonight and put out his best team to beat a stubborn Newcastle side.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January OVER 12 CORNERS AT 8/5 WILLIAM HILL.think this is great bet as short as 10/11 elsewhere usually only bet 10 or 20 but have put 100euro down.can see newcastle been under seige and hanging on at the end which will lead to lots of corners.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Newcastle +1 (AH) v Man Utd @ 1.70 bet365 2 Points I really wasn't wanting to get involved in this match but the stupid price on Utd has drawn me into it. After a brilliant star to the season, Newcastle have tailed off a bit. But Pardew still has them well drilled and the way the players fight for each other and close down makes it very difficult for their opposition. Conditions in Newcastle are likely to be horrible tonight and it's hardly the best for free flowing football. Especially after a busy festive fixture list. After Utd's home defeat against Blackburn, Fergie will no doubt have read them the riot act. They came back after the heavy loss against Man City with a couple of defensive performances where they got 1-0 wins. To be fair to Utd, they haven't lost away all season and Rooney being back tonight for them is a massive plus. With that in mind they are obviously a danger. But I think the price on them tonight is just way too low and I don't see them being in for an easy game at all. Pardew will have his players well prepared for this and I fully expect them to get in Utd's faces and make things difficult. I remember seeing Newcastle come down to Stoke, and they just didn't give our players a minute on the ball. I expect them to be set up in a similar way tonight, harrying Utd at every opportunity and hoping to hit them on the break. Utd have shown defensive frailities this season and you can't rule out Newcastle scoring. Utd could have course win this but on a wet and windy night at St James' park, I don't think they will have it all their own way. They need to win by at least 2 for this bet to lose and I therefore think there is plenty in the Toon's favour. It's Newcastle on the handicap for me.

Newcastle to win @ 5.6 Bolton to win @ 7,8 Good odds here for Newcastle and Bolton to win. Newcastles form has picked up form and man utd are terrible at home and even worse away.and can't even beat Blackburn who are bottom of the league. Bolton can take care of an average everton side that can't score any goals..
i really hate posts like this (1) "newcastles form has picked up" - how??? they began the season by going 11 unbeaten but have now won once in their last 8, of which 5 have been defeats (2) "man utd are terrible at home and even worse away" - how??? their only 2 league defeats have been at home and they have the best away record in the league winning 7 and drawing 2 at fairly tough venues (anfield and stoke) newcastle havent beaten man utd in the league for over 10 years - its not going to happen tonight to a wounded man utd side as for everton vs bolton, bolton have conceded an average of 2 goals per away game, everton have an average of 1 goal scored per home game - i cant see past an everton win, especially if donovan and drenthe are both involved

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Tip: Newcastle v Man United Nani first scorer 8/1 Ladbrokes. Take this bet using the Ladbrokes double odds for first scorer bets up to £10 on this match. Nani has a decent goalscoring record this season and had plenty of (admittedly off target) shots on goal in last few games. The effective 16/1 is pure value. Good luck.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Man Utd team: Lindegaard, Valencia, Evra, Carrick, Jones, Giggs, Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov. Source: Soccernet. Looks like Carrick in CB again, with Valencia in the make-shift right back. Giggs and Rooney in CM. Are ppl still confident about their bets?

Man Utd team: Lindegaard, Valencia, Evra, Carrick, Jones, Giggs, Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov. Source: Soccernet. Looks like Carrick in CB again, with Valencia in the make-shift right back. Giggs and Rooney in CM. Are ppl still confident about their bets?
I believe this Utd line-up is weak defensively and Newcastle SHOULD be able to score at least once in the game. Both Teams to Score looking like great value atm. Can Utd win with this team? I am not as confident as before.

Man Utd team: Lindegaard, Valencia, Evra, Carrick, Jones, Giggs, Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov. Source: Soccernet. Looks like Carrick in CB again, with Valencia in the make-shift right back. Giggs and Rooney in CM. Are ppl still confident about their bets?
Very weak defence and centre midfield from utd. Lots of attacking players. Over 2.5 goals anyone?

Thats the wrong team, this is the team : DoronSalomon Doron Salomon #MUFC XI: Lindegaard, Valencia, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Berbatov

Thats the wrong team, this is the team : DoronSalomon Doron Salomon #MUFC XI: Lindegaard, Valencia, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Berbatov
ahh yes, this is the goal.com lineup. hmm, soccernet gamecast made a mistake? this utd line up looks very strong. confident of hte win

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January On top of my previous bet of Under 2.5 Everton - Bolton @ 2.05, Ive also gone for a Draw @ 4.80 @ 188 3/10 for similar reasons of Everton failing to find the net this season, but also having a solid defence. Theyve had a couple of 1 - 0 wins recently and without scoring two goals theres always a good chance that bolton will come back. Though this rarely happened this season, I like Coyles spirit and I think they should have enough in them to savage something from the game, should they go behind. Simlarly Everton are quite used to going behind and getting something from the game, the most recent against sunderland which ended 1 - 1, though the penalty was extremely lucky to be awarded! And on Newcastle Man Utd: Ive Ultimately decided for the same bets as the other game. Lindergard is yet to conceade in the league and he will have a point to proove that he should be the regular ahead of De Gea, especially after DeGeas mistakes in recent games. I personally disagree. I saw De Gea at Atletico and he is a fine young goalkeeper that will learn from his mistakes, but anyways, I'd expect a much tighter game and I fancy Under 2.5 Goals @ 6/5, which contains excellent value imo, nearly 20% as I'd expected something like EVS for unders, and then a Draw @ 4.050 @ Pinnacle which also covers alot of the under 2.5 ranges as well to compliment my bet. Though scores such as 3 - 0 and 2 - 1 will lose both bets, I feel its a risk worth taking for the odds given! So to summarise: Everton - Bolton Draw 4.80 Under 2.5 2.050 Newcastle - Utd Draw 4.050 Under 2.5 2.200

are we sure? soccernet.com has Hernandez and Walbeck starting...
Yes im sure, that team was originally posted on RedCafe but shown to be wrong, do you really think wellbeck, hernandez, rooney and berbatov would all start?

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January One thing I would say about the United match tonight is defensively Newcastle haven't looked all that recently, Chelsea could of had any number when they visited here and got three, West Brom managed to get three a couple of weeks back, Norwich stuck four past them and Liverpool three so if the United forwards are in the mood (18 goals in the last 5 suggests they are) then they'll create plenty chances here. True, Newcastle battled a 0-0 at Old Trafford but if anyone saw that match then United could of got plenty, just one of those games. Manchester United To Score In Both Halves 13/8 Ladbrokes

One thing I would say about the United match tonight is defensively Newcastle haven't looked all that recently, Chelsea could of had any number when they visited here and got three, West Brom managed to get three a couple of weeks back, Norwich stuck four past them and Liverpool three so if the United forwards are in the mood (18 goals in the last 5 suggests they are) then they'll create plenty chances here. True, Newcastle battled a 0-0 at Old Trafford but if anyone saw that match then United could of got plenty, just one of those games. Manchester United To Score In Both Halves 13/8 Ladbrokes
True newcastle have conceaded, but they were without all of their early season back 4 due to injury. Now theyve returned perhaps their early season solidity should return, though very uncertain. Also they drew 1 - 1 at old trafford. It was the same fixture last season at St. James park that ended goalless.