** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system

Hi guys, Gonna try my own Overs/Unders system, as Ive been so inspired by the fine work some of you have been doing in that field. Its mostly so I can keep a record of it somewhere and keep me disciplined, but if anyone wants to follow and give me any constructive criticism where needed then I would appreciated it! Ive been working on the system for quite a while, and while there will be some fine tuning that will need to be done, I am happy to start testing it out now and seeing what you guys think. The method is quite extensive, taking averages of all games, then respective home and away records depending on the teams involved, then also form and somewhat more importantly i have found, the head to head record over the past 5 meetings. The system then churns out a probabililty percentage which predicts which way the game will go in terms of goals. Then i corrolate that against the available odds and eliminates the games which offer no value. i.e. Utd home to Blackburn this week comes up with a mammoth percentage of going over 2.5, but the odds of 1.36 make it pointless. Therefore, the odds of going under or over must be greater than 1.7, thats just how Ive decided to discipline it, and it still churns out very probable (according to the percentages resulted) outcomes. The percentage must be over 66%, ie more than 2/3rd chance of it coming in. Perhaps this will be increased as we see how successful it is or not. Anyway like I say, some fine tuning will most likely be needed, but Ive been fairly successful in my trials, so lets see how we go! And with that, I give you my first 5. I will display the game, probability percentage, and odds at William Hill. OVERS

1Barnsley - Leeds84.59%1.72 31st Dec
2QPR - Norwich74.84%1.90 2nd Jan
3Norwich - Fulham72.48%1.95 31st Dec
4Fulham - Arsenal66.93%1.90 2nd Jan
UNDER
1Swansea - Tottenham66.58%1.90 31st Dec
:hope

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system :welcome to PuntersLounge. A nice a interesting system you have here. I'll keep an eye on this, since I'm in the same business. :D I'll take a closer look at your unders, since I was unable to find a good system for these. Since you take odds as low as 1.70 you'll need a good S/R. Also you should maybe say when the matches will play, cause I was like Fulham - Arsenal :eek...when does it play?? I've checked and it's on monday. Good luck :ok

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system Hi there, thanks for the comments, ive now edited the post above to show the match day. Apologies for that! Thanks for taking an interest, lets hope its successful! Do you think it would be worth only selecting games that are better than 2.0? Obviously the strike rate has more room to breathe as it were. We'll see how these first picks go. Ive been toying with the idea of getting the two best 80%+ games and putting them into a double acc as a separate experiment. Any thoughts on that at all? Thanks again:ok

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system

Hi there, thanks for the comments, ive now edited the post above to show the match day. Apologies for that! Thanks for taking an interest, lets hope its successful! Do you think it would be worth only selecting games that are better than 2.0? Obviously the strike rate has more room to breathe as it were. We'll see how these first picks go. Ive been toying with the idea of getting the two best 80%+ games and putting them into a double acc as a separate experiment. Any thoughts on that at all? Thanks again:ok
Anything could work. You first need to see some results from your system to get a general S/R, after that you can leave it like that or change the odds criteria selections. Taking matches from 1.7 up to (maybe) 2.7 will make you media of (I believe using my stats) 1.80 - 1.90 and you'll need a S/R of 53% - 56%, not big, but must be constant. For doubles or so, you need a higher strike ratio. Maybe something like 2/3 => in a 80% strike ratio, but this would be the perfect solution for a Double system. Anyway you should try to do a back test if you don't need a lot of statistics and if you can, using the excel files available at http://football-data.co.uk/; or wait and see how your system goes, then you'll know what to do.

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system Ok thanks for the pointers here, much appreciated. Its something i will definitely look into in the coming weeks, depending how we go. Anyway, first one has come in so far (Barnsley 4-1 Leeds) which is encouraging. :clap Back tonight with the rest of the games played today. Thanks

OVERS
1Barnsley - Leeds84.59%1.72 31st Dec WON
2QPR - Norwich74.84%1.90 2nd Jan
3Norwich - Fulham72.48%1.95 31st Dec LOST
4Fulham - Arsenal66.93%1.90 2nd Jan
UNDER
1Swansea - Tottenham66.58%1.90 31st Dec WON
2 out of the 3 that have been played up to this point, not too bad, particularly as the lost bet was by only the 1 goal. Will be happier of course if the QPR/Fulham games come in on Monday. :hope

OVERS
1Barnsley - Leeds84.59%1.72 31st Dec 4-1 WON
2QPR - Norwich74.84%1.90 2nd Jan 1-2 WON
3Norwich - Fulham72.48%1.95 31st Dec 1-1 LOST
4Fulham - Arsenal66.93%1.90 2nd Jan 2-1 WON
UNDER
1Swansea - Tottenham66.58%1.90 31st Dec 1-1 WON
Thank god for Johann Djourou, that game was going nowhere until that point. So 4 of 5, very happy indeed for the first try. Number of selections: 5 Won: 4 Lost: 1 Strike Rate: 80% As I'm only doing this as a test for now I wont be noting down yields and profits, yet! Anyone have thoughts on whats a good sample range before committing to a staking plan? Anyway, good start. :ok

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system Ok thankfully Serie A and Primera Liga are back in action this weekend, but nothing in Spain unfortunately, mainly because the matches that come close involve a couple newly promoted teams so the data is slightly skewed and im not willing to take the chance. Barca and Real are obvious no-no's (Real is 1.22 to go over! You think!???) But serie A has shown 2 very nice overs, 1 under which JUST misses out. Anyway here we are.... Over 2.5 games No. Pair Probability Odds 1 Inter - Parma 85.57% 1.90 2 Cagliari - Genoa 68.08% 2.5

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system Not sure why, perhaps the program had trouble extracting the odds for the Levante Mallorca game but now it has been highlighted as an 'over' so its another one to add to the picks above. Playing today at 5pm. Top picks for Over 2.5 games

No.PairProbabilityOdds
3 Levante - Mallorca 72.47% 2.15

Not sure why, perhaps the program had trouble extracting the odds for the Levante Mallorca game but now it has been highlighted as an 'over' so its another one to add to the picks above. Playing today at 5pm. Top picks for Over 2.5 games
No.PairProbabilityOdds
3 Levante - Mallorca 72.47% 2.15
Absolutely disgusted in myself for checking the system this morning, should have just left it alone! :wall

Ok thankfully Serie A and Primera Liga are back in action this weekend, but nothing in Spain unfortunately, mainly because the matches that come close involve a couple newly promoted teams so the data is slightly skewed and im not willing to take the chance. Barca and Real are obvious no-no's (Real is 1.22 to go over! You think!???) But serie A has shown 2 very nice overs, 1 under which JUST misses out. Anyway here we are.... Over 2.5 games No. Pair Probability Odds 1 Inter - Parma 85.57% 1.90 WON 2 Cagliari - Genoa 68.08% 2.5 WON
Booming! 5-0 and a 3-0 gets 2 wins at extremely nice odds. If only I hadn't re-checked the system yesterday I would have had a clean sweep. Anyway, very happy and we move on to the next round of games. :nana Number of selections: 8 Won: 6 Lost: 2 Strike Rate: 75%

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system Ok we have one for Wednesday night, although I'm not as confident on it (Jagielka out for Everton is a big blow to the defence), the system is what it is so there you go. Top picks for Under 2.5 games

No.PairProbabilityOdds
1Tottenham - Everton67.09%1.8

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system A fair few for this weekend, thanks to a few extra leagues coming back from winter break. Plus I've added the scottish league. Either way, the strike rate should change quite significantly! (hopefully for the better :hope) Interestingly only 1 premier league game, and its a very interesting 'under' pick involving Man City??? Now that would be some result @ 2.25 :loon, though the percenntage does suggest it will be a tough call. (Swansea - Arsenal just misses out by a matter of 0.31% btw) Top picks for Over 2.5 games

No.PairProbabilityOdds
1Sp Gijon - Malaga75.5%2.15
2Marseille - Lille73%2.2
3Ath Bilbao - Levante70.27%2
4Dunfermline - Hibernian69.24%1.95
5St Etienne - Sochaux68.4%2.15
6Sevilla - Espanol67.26%2.05
7Milan - Inter66.73%2.1
Top picks for Under 2.5 games
No.PairProbabilityOdds
1Wigan - Man City66.12%2.25
:hope:hope:hope

Re: Filthy Logic - OVER/UNDERS system Hiya m8, i was just wondering what you use to work out your Probability % or what games will be over or under? stats from the last couple of years ect keep up good work btw:ok btw i know you said its online thing but i mean what stats have been entered to find this Probability % :D

Hiya m8, i was just wondering what you use to work out your Probability % or what games will be over or under? stats from the last couple of years ect keep up good work btw:ok btw i know you said its online thing but i mean what stats have been entered to find this Probability % :D
The OP has the info you need mate ;)

Oh right' date=' i'd go to football-data.co.uk then or perhaps soccerway.com?[/quote'] i know both sites and not what im looking for..i need a "head to head" option like on soccerbase when you can select 2 teams which are against each other and show over, wins ect... but with most of the leagues... thanks anyway

A fair few for this weekend, thanks to a few extra leagues coming back from winter break. Plus I've added the scottish league. Either way, the strike rate should change quite significantly! (hopefully for the better :hope) Interestingly only 1 premier league game, and its a very interesting 'under' pick involving Man City??? Now that would be some result @ 2.25 :loon, though the percenntage does suggest it will be a tough call. (Swansea - Arsenal just misses out by a matter of 0.31% btw) Top picks for Over 2.5 games
No.PairProbabilityOdds
1Sp Gijon - Malaga75.5%2.15
2Marseille - Lille73%2.2
3Ath Bilbao - Levante70.27%2
4Dunfermline - Hibernian69.24%1.95
5St Etienne - Sochaux68.4%2.15
6Sevilla - Espanol67.26%2.05
7Milan - Inter66.73%2.1
Top picks for Under 2.5 games
No.PairProbabilityOdds
1Wigan - Man City66.12%2.25
:hope:hope:hope
are these the only ones you have for this weekend m8? just thought mite be more because of championship, league 1 and 2 and seria a:beer

are these the only ones you have for this weekend m8? just thought mite be more because of championship' date=' league 1 and 2 and seria a:beer[/quote'] Morning mate, actually yes there is! :p I havent included them in my selections above, mostly because this has only just shown up literally half an hour ago (not sure why, perhaps the data feed couldn't locate the game, problem with the script or something like that), and partly because there is a large enough sample above to test the system and i want to keep disciplined and not mess people about. But if you want 2 more, Catania v Roma has shown up at 76.4% to go over @ odds of 2.05 (playing today) and Swansea v Arsenal has now appeared with 68.2% to go under @ 1.72 (tomorrow). This one only just makes the grade of course so use it at your discretion! All the best, and good luck! :ok

are these the only ones you have for this weekend m8? just thought mite be more because of championship' date=' league 1 and 2 and seria a:beer[/quote'] Also Chris, forgot to say, the system doesnt look at league 1 or 2 at the moment as ive never done any backtesting on it. Might do that at some point when i have time, but thats why they're not showing up right now. Cheers :)