BBOTD Monday 19th December

cpo

3.50 Wolverhampton Bertie Blu Boy e/w 20/1 Bet365 This horse has been in terrible form on his most recent starts but did win twice at the track earlier in the year and I will take a chance that the first time visor might spark him back in to action. If able to rediscover his form from earlier in the year, he would have a great chance here. Luke Morris is on board which is a positive and he is on a winnable mark. Paul Green is in good form at the moment with 2 winners from 5 runners so hopefully BBB can cause an upset here.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 15:20 Wolverhampton Riflessione E/W (8,00) VictorChandler The 5 year old gelding, have previous done well at polytrack. He won two runs back in sep/oct over the same distance. Riflessione are up 5lb since then but he still runs of a decent mark and got several wins of higher marks and weight. The short distance seems to suit him well. Riflessione recent form. 1-4-7-3-3 The jockey Morris are booked for the 6th run in a row. He too been in great form lately, winning 16,92 % of his runs, whitin the last 14 days.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December Loyal Royal - Wolverhampton 3:20 I have been following this horse as i think it is bound to strike very soon, has been held up out back recently, always travelling best but being delivered too late from too far back, a slightly more prominent ride and it should win this race. Is a C+D winner twice and i think it can win off this mark. 0.5 points e/w @ 8/1 Ladbrokes BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December Spinning Ridge - 5.20 Wolverhampton This is a horse that I am pretty fond of for some reason and I tipped it on here last time out. It came second on that day. It has been in good form recently, winning at 16/1 at Kempton and having two seconds here over course and distance. What I have found from following this horse is that it is not the most consistent but on it's day it can have a good race. Hopefully today can be one of those days where it can run well and AT LEAST pick up a place here. Spinning Ridge E/W @ 8/1 Bet 365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 3.20 Wolverhampton A very competitive handicap with several potentially well handicapped but exposed runners in the field. Lucky Dan is starting to look dangerously well handicapped but I am running out of excuses to back him again today having put in a very lack lustre run last time out over CD and although 4lb below last winning mark again needs to show there is some life there at the moment. Johnstown lad appeared to improve for the fitting of blinkers last time out but that was 58 days ago and needs to prove that wasnt a fluke with blinkers left on again (tongue tie also refitted) potentially well treated having won off an 8lb higher mark at Dundalk earlier in the year but break since is a worry in a competitive race. Qubuh recently made all over this trip at Kempton but didnt look to have much to spare so a 4lb leaves him vunerable as does his wide draw and presence of other fronts runners is off putting. Gonna take 3 against the field and they are as follows; Methaaly has dropped to a tasty mark, now 7lb below last winning mark and a reasonable apprentice takes off a further 7lb, had been running to suggest that he was gonna win again soon and easy to forget his last run given it was a race run at a slow pace and drawn out wide. Much better drawn today and strong pace likely in this race he is dangerous to dismiss having won 5 times around here. Loyal Royal is another that looks like his turn isnt far away finishing strongly on his last 2 runs, although never won off a mark this high he looks as though may be able to put that right and he usually holds his form well when finding it and although needs things to all drop right in a finish aslong he gets a clean turn into the home straight the Wolve straight suits him better than perhaps Lingfield does like last time. The final one is Rifflesione who is another that hasnt won off a mark this high before but does have place form off higher marks which offers hope in this field, he too will enjoy a strong gallop and has been holding his form recently and latest 3rd ealier in the week to Global Village at Southwell reads well in the context of this race and top AW jock on board and despite wide draw holds a strong claim. 1pt win Methaaly 14/1 lads

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December First post of hopefully many in BBOTD. Strange Encounter - Navan 2.25 3rd time out this season for Phillip Fenton's 7 year old. Done well on reappearance in competitive handicap at Down Royal before fading and finishing 4th. Was out again just over a week later in Limerick where he unfortunately slipped up in the bend after only the 2nd hurdle. Has been given a month off so hopefully should have no ill effects from that. Has form on the ground having previously won on heavy so should relish conditions. Main competition comes from the current favourite and top weight Western Bound, a Gordon Elliott trained horse that is going for a 3 timer on his seasonal reappearance. Strange Encounter is getting 10lbs of him and I have doubts of whether Western Bound will go well fresh or like the ground as much as Strange Encounter. I also dont think Elliotts horses have been firing as well in last two weeks so I think Strange Encounter should go close. 1pt win @ 5-1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 3:20 Wolverhampton - Spin Again - 1pt @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes, WillHill) Taking a bit of a wild punt by backing Spin Again here, as there's a chance that his most recent outings are suggesting that he's just regressive and not up to showing his best at this moment in time. However, if that's not the case and he was just in need of a couple of runs after a six month lay-off, he should prove to be a lively outsider in a race that won't take a whole lot of winning. It usually pays to race handily around Wolverhampton in any event but this race doesn't seem to have too many pace influences (the most likely pressers are all drawn high), unless some of the runners dramatically change their recent run styles, and siding with those who are up there from the off could pay dividends. Spin Again has twice went very close to winning at this track for the Mark Wellings yard earlier on in the year when running over a furlong further. He was beaten a length off 68 by an inform rival here (who went on to win off higher marks since) in February when under the guidance of young apprentice Lucy Barry and then went even closer under the same jockey next month when short-headed at this track by another useful all-weather performer (who had first-time cheekpieces to help) - this time when rated 70. A replication of that form would see him go well here and barring disaster, the race should pan out in similar fashion, which is an obvious help. Today, Spin Again lines up off a mark of 67 in a race of similar quality and although he won't be getting 7lbs off his back from the apprentice, Adam Kirby hops on board for the first time. When he's going all out to win races, he's as good as any around here and is also riding very well of late, so it's a definite plus to see him in the saddle. Kirby also has a better record than any when riding for the Wellings yard (10-70 on all-weather), who don't get many winners generally, and the booking could well be significant. Whether it is or not remains to be seen but it's certainly eye-catching in ways. Spin Again will have to put some very modest performances behind him, as he has only managed to beat home a single rival in his last couple of outings. However, he was drawn out of it in the widest stall last time out and couldn't dominate, which is something that he usually needs to do. In the other race, he just went off to fast and looked in need of the outing on the back of that six month break, so it may be best to forgive that effort too. It may well be that he's just regressive but I'm hopeful that isn't the case, as he has bounced back from poor runs previously. He has a lovely sit in stall 1 today and should be able to get to the front without much problem. If he's left alone in front and allowed to set his own fractions, he'll be hard to peg back if still as good as he once was. If he's harried from the off, there's a strong possibility that he'll drop out of contention and finish out the back. It's definitely a bet full of risk and I'll be quite lucky to see a return but the horse is useful on his day, at this level, and is a 25/1 shot, so well worth taking a chance on at the price. Small/medium win stakes for me and let's hope for the best.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 14:50 priors gold @sp wolverhampton ive gone purely for saftey as this bet should be todays easy banker for anyone , it doesnt present value but it should come a winner . on form alone this company shouldny bother him in the slighest he usualy races much tougher comapny . distance is no prblem stamina wise maybe even a bit too short . much higher in the ratings overall and a decent jockey

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 1 point win this ones for eddy 7/2 bet365 this ones for eddy was only beaten half a lenght 6 days ago carrying the same weight and over the same distance so im thinking must be fit and connections are running it again while its in decent form,a course and distance winner in the past so must like it here,of its 5 wins todate three have been over this distance

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December

1 point win this ones for eddy 7/2 bet365 this ones for eddy was only beaten half a lenght 6 days ago carrying the same weight and over the same distance so im thinking must be fit and connections are running it again while its in decent form,a course and distance winner in the past so must like it here,of its 5 wins todate three have been over this distance
sorry 15.50 wolverhampton

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 1.50 Wolves These are very tricky races and it normally pays to follow the jockey rather than the form of the horse. However I am going to side with Flag Of Glory who has dropped to a very attractive mark 9lbs below his last winning one over this C/D. Not an experienced jocky on board by any means in fact this is only her second ride as she was on this horse on its last run. Well drawn here to lead and if thats the plan today Flag Of Glory could be hard to pass.Stable had a few winners in the last couple of weeks one of them a 40/1 shot so every chance of a decent run by this one despite the odds. 1 Pt win 25/1 Corals

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December P1.30 Dragons Roost 0.5pt E/W 40/1 William Hill I can't resist a speculative punt on this one at a nice price. This would have a chance of making the frame at a price providing the trainer isn't holding something back to gain a favourable handicap mark. It's encouraging that the trainer and jockey combo have a great record at the track with 3 winners and 3 seconds from just 9 runs. The horses best run was its debut bumper but it hasn't raced on ground that soft until today which I'm hoping will bring about some improvement. The odds on shot that it beat in that bumper went on to win off a mark of 124 (which in turn is solid form, beating a previous winner). There's a reason why Dragons Roost is such a big price however, and that is poor recent form after a breathing operation. If the trainer has it right, the ground and step up in trip might just suit and at the price, it's worth taking a chance with.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December Plumpton 2.00 Jordan 0.5pt EW - 14/1 PP VC Lightly raced for his age and might improve over fences. Good claimer on board offsetting 5lbs and the ground and trip should suit. Not a particularly strong race for its grade and he could run better than price suggests if tuned up on seasonal reappearance.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 3.20 Wolves: Lucky Dan 1pt win @ 14/1 Boylesports BOG Seems a popular race in here today. Think this Paul Green horse has a great chance here if able to forgive LTO flop when well beaten favourite over C&D. Previous run over furlong shorter puts the horse bang there and I am willing to give it another chance returned to 6f today. Handicapper has given the horse a great chance, now running from 4lbs lower than last win and with stable in form the horse has a great chance in an open looking race.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December very lightly raced and there has been cash about for this one so i will take a wee chance bet on her. The 6yr old mare has never run at Plumpton and she has never been over this trip so ground and distance and track are all unknown, she was 7th last time out and was a little keen at the start so if she can settle better she could have a nice chance of taking home some wages. Its also Jockey & Trainer's sole runner of the day. Plumpton 2:30 - Jenny's Gold. 0.5 e/w bet @ 10/1 Lads & Coral's etc etc. Enyoy your day.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 1:50 Wolverhampton - Entrance - Back This is competitive but not particularly great in terms of quality of form on offer. Entrance is relatively consistent compared to many of these. Finished well lto and suggested he may be able to win off this mark. May have a chance at a nice price here 1pt win @ 9/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 12 30 plumpton west brit 1 pt win evens pp i am prepared too take the short priced on this 1st time hurdler, has the best flat form in the field,and if taking too hurdle will take all the beating bought out of ed dunlops yard for 40k,and the jockey trainer combo of de giles and longsdon have a 24% strike rate this year

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 210 Bangor: Rowan Tiger 1pt 13/8 Hills Not a fan of backing McCoy on these types as the price is compromised but after getting beat in two photos they probably need him to get the horse home. Those two runs were very promising and the Leicester track probably found out his stamina, Bangor is more suitable for the speedier types and has found a vey average race here. Should go close again and hopefully and get his head in front this time where it matters.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December Leggy Lad 3.25 Navan EW 6/1 Ladbrokes Competitive handicap chase but I think Leggy Lad could run well off top weight. He was going as well as anything in the Troytown before falling 6 out. The drop back in trip and lesser company today wont do his chances any harm. Prior to the Troytown he won on both starts this season - both of them on testing ground which he'll encounter today. When he won at Down Royal the progressive Linnel was 9lenghts back in 2nd and he has since gone on the frank the form. Its a big ask to carry top weight but Leggy Lad still appears to be progressive and could be ahead of the handicapper. Bailey View is the obvious danger with Ruby Walsh taking the ride. He was a close 2nd to Apt Approach lto but he could well have been flattered by that run and has gone up a few lbs for the effort.

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December CARCINETTO 1.50 Wolverhampton. 0.5 points each way. Big price as of being consistent and has a liking for this surface. The trip's not a concern and although will need a strong pace to run down, it's possible he'll get it and then he can run into things late on. Depending how much left he has to do late will determine his finishing position, but at decent odds he'd be worth a bet. I, personally, would rather play in-running, as should drift quite big during runnning, so may put in a little for around 40s/50s. Here's hoping. 18/1 Betfred BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December Near The Water 2.00 Plumpton. 1 point win. Needs to prove he stays this far, but does go in heavy ground (many don't) and so if brilliant young jockey Brendan Powell can sit tight at a very sensible pace, he should be fighting out the finish. The handicapper givs him chances if he does stay, and I think he will. 7/1 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December My selection didnt run so heres my replacement 3.50 Wolves Fleetwoodsands is on a very low mark now and could potentially lead the whole way if getting the break right. Stable in decent nick and has a nice draw, depends on the start but good chance to get another win on the board. 1 Pt win 4/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD Monday 19th December 3.20 Wolves Sick to the back teeth of em coming up short when posted win only for BBOTD purposes so trying this one EW today to try spark a winner! JOHNSTOWN LAD is sent over from Ireland by Daniel Mark Loughnane and looks primed to strike. Won off 78 in Ireland last year and rated 70 now. Rattled the bar recently, beaten into fourth off this mark but was only beaten by three parts of a length. Has a good draw and should get a nice tow into the race through the free running Spin Again. Caldercruix is handicapped to win but now drops back in trip and the main danger may be Qubuh, who is open to bundles more improvement but is drawn wide and has been easy to back so I prefer Johnstown Lad. Don't really fancy much else in the race, Silver Wind holds his form well and should be thereabouts for a place, but Johnstown Lad looks better value off this mark. 15/2 Hills, EW