** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Spooner

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Arsenal -1 (EH) @ 3.00 :( Surprised that Villa played that well Man City -2.5 @ 2.85 :D Newcastle - West Brom over 3.5 @ 3.04 :D Swansea +0.5 @ 2.65 :( Nearly got the equaliser in the end Fulham +0.5 @ 2.13 :( Man Utd were too good Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.66 :( Not taking their chances early allowed Wigan back in the game Season record: 69-91 (+10.19) Tottenham @ 2.85 pinnacle While Spurs are without Bale and Lennon for this game, they still have reasons to believe that they can win this game, as they have won their last 6 home games and only conceded twice in these games. Chelsea, despite their win over Man City, still are not playing with consistency, as they allowed Wigan to come back and draw with them on the weekend. They did win at Newcastle and Blackburn before that, but this represents a much tougher game for them, as they have drawn two and lost 3 of their last 5 visits to White Hart Lane. Also there are fitness concerns around Terry, their best defender, and one also wonders his state of mind with all the problems he is having off the pitch, as it showed with Suarez yesterday, he was not on his game, so if Terry plays, if he is not on this game, then this Chelsea defence, that has had its problems defending this year, may have further problems to contend with, as van der Vaart and Adebayor in particular, have been a handyul for opposition defences. With Sandro likely to come in, into the middle of the park, then can see Spurs lining up with Parker, Modric and Sandro to go man-for-man in the midfield with van der Vaart and probably Kranjcar running off Adebayor. Although they lack width with this formation, they can draw in the Chelsea fullbacks, which will then allow the overlapping runs of Assou-Ekotto and Walker. Spurs look much more the settled and consistent side, and at home, where they hard to beat, like them to win this game.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Everyone is on the under for the Chelsea game, I bet it goes over this time :). Both teams are attacking well, have good players and both teams allow goals, sometimes alot of goals depending on the opposition. I dont see Chelsea's D much different than Stokes D for example, motivated physical players yet they concede goals. I will contemplate further, but it will be either OVER 2 live or NO BET for me. GL

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Well I've had to bite and have taken a full 10pts Tottenham 0 (AH) @ 11/10. I see this as a difficult game for Chelsea to come away with victory, they have improved a tad lately but still aren't convincing - I didn't think they were anything special v Man City even though they won the game & they dropped points at Wigan more recently. Spurs are on a hot streak and even though they have some missing players for this game I imagine the morale of the squad is pretty high and the players coming in can do a job. On home turf I make them favourites for this clash and odds against with full draw cover represents an excellent bet.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham v Chelsea Cant see much value in goals or results-wise for this, so will focus on cards. As it's a London derby and Spurs are missing their 2 most important wingers, it'll be cagey and a lot of the action will be through the middle and a battle between Parker and Ramires. They can both be hot heads when the conditions are ripe, but I'll go for Parker to receive a card mainly cos he's a former Chelsea boy and will fancy getting stuck in against his old side Parker to be shown a card @ 2.9 Betfair

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Sorry, i dont quite get what draw at fulltime implies? is it just a draw? because this is a league game there isnt any extra time. or does it refer to 90 mins directly before injury time starts. or does it refer to min 45 to full time?
Mate there two seprate bets, Draw are Halftime is just pure a simply a 1st half 45 min bet. Draw at Fulltime covers the whole game, just like any normal bet you will place for it to end in a draw. The highest staked bet is the draw at halftime, so i will just have wait an see

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Tottenham - Chelsea Selection Under 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 22/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.11 Reasoning In last season Tottenham take 1:1 at home agaisnt Chelsea. Tottenham in my opinion can't play open football, because must play without many important offense players like Lennon, Bale, Defoe or Adebayor. Tottenham can't score more than one goal in my opinion. Chelsea in last match against Wigan not look good on away, really. This is must win match for Chelsea, if want fight about title in this year. If Chelsea score first goal, for sure play with more defensive tactic. Under 2.5 is my bet for this match

I agree with you and everyone else who has commented on this. I cannot understand why under 2.5 is odds against given the players missing' date=' the recent history and the importance of the game. This match has dull draw written all over it. But I'm very confident this will going unders whatever the result so that's where my money is.[/quote'] Think the bookies are just going with the percentages. Both sides have gone over in 70-80% of games this season so offering Under at evens makes sense based on the stats. However, hopefully the bookies have got it wrong this time as everyone piling into the unders!! I think the bookies are right in the sense that the game is really unpredictable. While it looks set to be boring tight game, an early goal could blow it wide open. Might be worth hedging Under bets with an "any unquoted" score bet as well if you're not too sure as I think if it goes Over 2.5 it could be a very big scoreline. I haven't looked at the odds on these tho as I'm confident of it going Under.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham vs Chelsea - Chelsea @ 2.6 Betfair Tough one to call this. Spurs come into it off the back of a great run of form, but one that has lost some of its momentum with a 2-1 loss to Stoke and an unconvincing victory over Sunderland. Chelsea aren't exactly doing brilliantly but have started to turn it round recently, with important wins over Newcastle and City. Spurs will be missing key players - Defoe and Lennon definitely won't be playing and Bale is a major doubt - and, as such, I can see them struggling against a Chelsea side that have the potential to do some real damage - the likes of Sturridge and Mata will be key tonight. I can see Chelsea really putting in a great performance tonight, putting the dropped points at Wigan behind them and giving them some momentum to build on over the Christmas period. AVB will want a win, and I think his players will deliver in style. I'm sticking my neck out and putting some money on 1-3 - Correct Score @ 24 Betfair

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Spurs 0 AH vs Chelsea @ 2.07 (Pinnacle:4pts) Bale, King and Adebayor all start for Spurs, they should not be underdogs at home to Chelsea tonight IMO, just cannot see that. Should be a tough game but I believe the value is with Spurs tonight, draw cover and I'm happy to play this one. Not much to add, the game has been done to death on here today, looking forward to it now.

Tottenham v Chelsea Cant see much value in goals or results-wise for this, so will focus on cards. As it's a London derby and Spurs are missing their 2 most important wingers, it'll be cagey and a lot of the action will be through the middle and a battle between Parker and Ramires. They can both be hot heads when the conditions are ripe, but I'll go for Parker to receive a card mainly cos he's a former Chelsea boy and will fancy getting stuck in against his old side Parker to be shown a card @ 2.9 Betfair
I will take this bet and I will add two more :ok Bosingwa to be shown a card @2.84 betfair: Bale will start on the left side and cause Bosingwa all kinds of trouble, it will be a miracle if Bosingwa doesn't get a card!! Van der Vaart to be shown a card @4.00 betfair: Van der Vaart is a hot-head and always manages to get a card in big games, often by complaining or a stupid challenge. Referee i H Webb and he's has on average shown 3.6 yellow cards this season and 3 red cards. Cheers :hope

Tottenham v Chelsea' date= Under 2.5 Goals @ Evens, 5 Units
:clap
Tottenham v Chelsea' date= FT Result 0-0 @ 10/1, 1 Unit
:sad Not the game I expected but please with the result none the less :) 4 Unit profit. 5 Units up for the round. 5/9 picks paid.:ok

I just lost a big write up on the Tottenham v Chelsea game :wall Just to summarize... Harry Redknapp has injuries an doubts to key personel, so we might see a cautious approach from them, Chelsea no they can't let the distance between them an Spurs get wider so its important for them that they don't lose. Both teams won't want to go into xmas on a back of a defeat, the draw is a big player as i feel both teams ain't firing at all cylinders to justify all 3 points Draw at Halftime @ 5/4 :clap Draw at Fulltime @ 5/2 :clap Chelsea +0.5 - Corner HCap @ 1.950 :( Corners 7-4 to Spurs bet 365
Some calculated picks with good value, pleased with that. Funny enough i was gonna opt for Tottenham on corners, but i thought Bale won't be fit an he's presence on the width would be missed :\. Good profit on the night :ok

Tottenham vs Chelsea Chelsea -0.5 2.725 10/10 Pinnacle :( Chelsea 2 - 1 BF 13.50 0.5/10 Dont usually take CS, but 2 - 1 is screaming at me. :sad
Moan... was a good game of football but not for profits! Another day Sturridge would have been on target to give me a 2 - 1 win!

Spurs v Chelsea under 2.5 (2.0 @ William Hill ) I think this will be a extremely cagey affair with both teams desperately not wanting to lose. Chelsea may be improving but im still not entirely convinced by them and at the same time I question Tottenhams firepower tonight what with the injuries to key players. Had Spurs got Bale and Lennon fit i'd have definitely gone for Spurs as we have done quite well in recent seasons against better Chelsea sides than the one we are seeing at the moment. The fact that Ledley King should start for Spurs means that we should be pretty solid at the back also. It's also worth noting that the this same fixture has finished 1-0 Tottenham for the past 2 seasons. :hope
Well it came in but gutted Spurs didn't win. It's a strange feeling being caught between wanting your team to win and wanting your bet to come in!:gimme

The only way for you to win both bets is a 1 - 1 draw! This means that you'll still make a reasonable loss or a tiny profit if any one of them comes through... AND any big win to nil will make you lose both your bets!
Sorry, you misunderstood/I didn't make myself clear as I'm new to posting here. I didn't mean those two bets as a double. I meant I'd be taking only one of those, hence the "a more chancey bet that I may consider taking". The first was a safe one and the second one was if I felt a bit braver. As it happens I decided to go for £20 on the latter of -2.5 goals. Good night for me... for once!

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Hi everyone , im new to the site and just wondering what sort of bets to place what odds to look for and safe bets , can anyone give me some tips and good ways about safely building up a bankroll , thanks. :hope

Hi everyone , im new to the site and just wondering what sort of bets to place what odds to look for and safe bets , can anyone give me some tips and good ways about safely building up a bankroll , thanks. :hope
:welcome to PL :ok God, how long have you got :unsure This is not an easy question to answer. The best thing you can do is perform a search based around the keywords that you are interested in :ok

United and Arsenal tips I like. As for Newcastle, their defence is hurt by injuries so I can see this being a game where Shane Long and Odemwingie hurt them on the counter. West Brom are due a good performance and result!
It was about time I got something right on here :nana Ok, Shane Long didn't score but he hit the underside of the bar :unsure

Sorry' date=' you misunderstood/I didn't make myself clear as I'm new to posting here. I didn't mean those two bets as a double. I meant I'd be taking only one of those, hence the "a more chancey bet that I may consider taking". The first was a safe one and the second one was if I felt a bit braver. As it happens I decided to go for £20 on the latter of -2.5 goals. Good night for me... for once![/quote'] Oh right! But they are still highly contrasting bets, BTTS generally means goals, unders is self explanatory. If you had taken them both you would of won them funnily enough! It ended 1 - 1!