Sunday 18 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Catania v Palermo (14:00 GMT) 2.2 3.3 4 100.76 %
maximize.gif Cesena v Internazionale (14:00 GMT) 4.8 3.45 1.96 100.84 %
maximize.gif Genoa v Bologna (14:00 GMT) 1.91 3.5 5 100.93 %
maximize.gif Juventus v Novara (14:00 GMT) 1.25 6.2 17.5 101.84 %
maximize.gif Parma v Lecce (14:00 GMT) 1.75 3.6 6 101.59 %
maximize.gif Lazio v Udinese (19:45 GMT) 2.28 3.25 3.75 101.30 %
maximize.gif Napoli v AS Roma (19:45 GMT) 1.93 3.5 4.75 101.44 %

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December It is time for the things to turn around and they have started to. Palermo's perfect home results have come to an end. I suppose that their away games will also change and that can start right against Catania. Catania isn't so dangerous at home like the previous years. In addition, their main defensive man in the middle Biagianti is out, all of the other midfielders are offensive-minded. I think in-form Ilicic, as well as the always dangerous Miccoli and Pinilla can use this and finally score. I have doubts whether to play Palermo to score over 1,5 goals or Palermo DNB, but I'm leaning towards the first choice because Catania has also several potential scorers. I found Palermo to score over 1,5 at one local bookie @ 3,2! Worth a try.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December I will take my team Inter against Cesena. Inter are starting to put some results together after a very bad start to the season, they have won 4 out of the last 5 serie A games. even though the play is not there yet, confidence is raising and crucial players are coming back from injury. Maicon is certain to start, also Lucio being back is a huge boost and also Sneijder may start. I also wait to see more from Forlan. new signing Alvarez is showing signs of being a very gifted player. I dont know very much about cesena but they seem nothing special, so that's why I find the price of Inter a good value so Inter to win 1.85 Local bookie 8/10 and also Inter HT/FT 3.0 Local Bookie 2/10 have a nice weekend

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December The Serie A coupon looks ok this week, be good to get peoples views on my initial thoughts: Cagliari +0.50 @ 5/6 (Betdaq), Cagliari have had some injury problems this season but they are un-beaten in the last 3 league games. I'm not a massive fan of Chievo although their home record has been good so far. I feel the away side should be able to obtain somekind of result from this game. Fiorentina @ EVS (Betfair), I expect most people would want Fiorentina to be longer here but if some of their key players return they may be able to nick all 3pts against an Atalanta team which is due a defeat. Atalanta have drawn their last 4 in a row! Will they make it 5 draws here? I can't see the away side winning if Fiorentina are near full strength so law of averages gives a little edge to the home side here. Inter Milan @ 19/20 (Betfair), Confidence is increasing for Inter after 2 straight wins, I feel they might make it 3 in a row here at lowly Cesena. My concern is that Mutu is in form and always a danger for the home side, they have won 3 out of the last 4 and their confidence will also be improving. Having said that players are returning from injury for Inter and they are starting to have options again, be interested to see in Sneijder gets a run out here. Napoli @ 10/11 (Betfair), This is surely a winnable game for Napoli against an unconvincing Roma side. Last rounds results for both respective clubs didn't match the general consensus on here last week but the balance could be restored here.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December

:cheers SERIE A WEEK :cheers GAME 1 CHIEVO - CAGLIARI

This game shouldn't reserve any surprises. We are speaking about two teams that score very little and defend very well. The two coaches have a very defensive mentality and there shouldn't be many goals in this game. Cossu, Cagliari's playmaker is out for booking. This will force Cagliari to play with a classic 4-4-2 with Larrivey and Ibarbo up front. In the last three games, Chievo lost 2 against Udinese and Milan, and tied one against Atalanta. In their last transfer to Udine, Di Carlo's team didn't deserve to lose and Di Natale's goal came at the 79th. minute. I'm sure that Chievo is not going to loose this game, so Chievo to win/Draw ( @ 1.24 totosì) wouldn't be bad for a multiple where big money is invested. Considering what I said above, I'm going to follow my initial intuition in taking UNDERS in this game.

UNDER 2.5 goals - stake 7/10 @ 1.65 totosì UNDER 3.5 goals - stake 10/10 @ 1.22 totosì

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 2 FIORENTINA - ATALANTA

Extremely hard game to predict due to Fiorentina's instability and because Delio Rossi, their new coach, hasn't yet given the team a precise outiline. Atalanta is without doubt far more concrete in this period and should offer a different type of consistency. It's important that we take a look at the possible lineups:

FIORENTINA 4-4-2 Boruc De Silvestri Gamberini Natali Pasqual Behrami Salifu Kharja Vargas Gilardino Jovetic To consider Montolivo's absence in the middle. An enormous loss for this game. To note Delio Rossi's strange idea of giving Salifu a chance to play for the first time from the beginning. Very wierd choice considering that the youngster from Ghana is only 19 and has no experience whatsoever in Serie A. Last year he only played 48 minutes in 4 games. Gilardino should score one in this game while Jovetic appears to be fully recovered.

ATALANTA 4-4-1-1 Consigli A. Masiello Lucchini Manfredini Bellini Schelotto Cigarini Carmona Padoin Moralez Denis

A very buttoned up Atalanta ready to counter-attack. Lucchini is back from booking. This can only be good news for Atalanta's defense. Atalanta tied the last four games! I see it extremely unprobable that we will witness a tie for the fifth time in a row.

FIORENTINA to win @ 1.90 (totosì) stake 6/10 UNDER 3.5 goals @ 1.23 (totosì) stake 10/10

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 3 MILAN - SIENA I really really really really see it hard for Siena to get anything in this game. There is really not much to say...This is a game that Milan must win after last week's incredible draw against Bologna. Although the price is not inviting, it might be interesting to consider it in a multiple. What I strongly suggest in this game, is playing also both to score. As it might seem a little crazy at the beginning I would like to remind everyone that Bonera is playing in Milan's defense because Yepes & Nesta are out. Bonera is the most disgraceful player in AC Milan's team. I'm positive that Calaiò or Destro will force him to an error sooner or later in the course of the game, hopefully not compromising the outcome of the game and therefore my first choice bet. MILAN TO WIN @ 1.27 (totosì) stake 10/10 BOTH TO SCORE @ 2.07 (totosì) stake 6/10 :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 4 CATANIA - PALERMO An extremely interesting derby. The first thing I should say is that both teams are missing players: Spolli, absolutely important for Catania's defense, Acquah & Munoz for Palermo. Looking at the player's form, the home team is slightly in better shape. Palermo has also played in Coppa Italia this week against Siena where they where eliminated with penalty kicks ( game finished 4-4). But only Ilicic & Migliaccio took part in the game. To register Ilicic's hat trick. Looking at the league table, Palermo hasn't yet won an away game! Only 2 draws and 5 loses. Catania's home record ( 3 wins 2 draws 2 loses) is not the same of last year's. Considering that derby's are open to any result I'm going to play the wild card...I don't trust Catania and I don't trust Palermo so a tentative on Palermo is worth to waiste..although it's very relative to use the word waiste............ Pinilla-Miccoli-Ilicic Barreto - all excellent players. PALERMO to win @ 3.25 (totosì) stake 6/10 BOTH TO SCORE @ 1.87 ( totosì) stake 6/10 :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 5 CESENA - INTER This is a F...K hard game for Inter. I don't know if anyone had a chance to see this week's game against Genoa. Inter didn't deserve the three points. A very unfair result. With last week's victory over Palermo, Cesena seems to be much more confident and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were to stun Inter which will be without Chivu, Sneijder, Ranocchia and Stankovic. This last one is actually the only player with 25% chances of playing. For the Cesena side, nobody is missing. I was pondering on taking Inter @ 1.85, but the price doesn't convince me. It's really not worth it. Of course Inter can win the game but there's actually a lot of chances of them drawing or loosing as well. Very tricky game. Inter managed to win 4 and loose 1 in the last five. Cesena on the other hand won 3 and lost 2. No draws in 5 games for both teams. Is this the right game? CESENA to win or draw @ 1.89 (totosì) STAKE 5/10 DRAW @ 3.15 (totosì) STAKE 3/10 :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 6 GENOA - BOLOGNA Does Malesani want to coach or does Malesani want to leave from Genoa this is the question. Although playing a brilliant game against Inter, Genoa wasn't able to pick anything up. Bologna on the other hand was able to rip an unexpected point from AC Milan. Only absence for Bologna is Perez, while for Genoa the team is the same that played against Inter..This should make the players feel a little tired. I like the Bologna I've seen against Milan with a regenerated Di Vaio and a sparkling Diamanti, but I also liked Genoa against Inter. For me this game has all the credentials to register an OVER 2.5 goals, but at the end I think that both teams should score. Bologna can also win this game & get Malesani's head, their ex coach. GENOA - BOLOGNA both to score @ 1.77 (totosì) stake 6/10 BOLOGNA TO WIN @ 4.50 (totosì) STAKE 4/10 :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 7 JUVENTUS - NOVARA It's not very necessary to waiste too many words on this game. It's actually the same type of game posted above where Milan is playing against Siena. Although the home team will have Bonucci and Vidal out for booking they should win the game as Novara is not a great team. Conte will move Chiellini in the middle at Bonucci's place and use De Ceglie on the left as defensive wing. Pazienza should come in for Vidal. I really expected Juventus to win against Roma last week. Considering that Roma was missing many players, Juve didn't manage to get the 3 points. This should be the point for a brief reflection. Is Juventus starting to warn some tiredness? They are the only team in Europe that haven't yet lost a game. I'm waiting for that day and will be really happy when it comes. I fancy Novara to win @ 12.00!! But I really believe that is a dream. JUVENTUS to win @ 1.27 stake 8/10 OVER 2.5 @ 1.70 (totosì) stake 7/10 :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 8 PARMA - LECCE This Serie A week can be a week of surprises...but if there's one game where something can happen, this game is Parma - Lecce. I still continue to believe that the Parma side have little quality. Not that Lecce is Manchester City, but I think that they have a concrete chance of getting something here, at least a point. I don't like Parma's defense as I don't like Lecce's defense. What I'm also considering is that Lecce got some points when playing away this year. They still haven't won a home game! Considering also that they have a new coach and that they are coming from 4 consecutive games lost... LECCE to win @ 5.25 stake 5/10 (totosì) LECCE TO WIN/DRAW @ 2.12 STAKE 6/10 (totosì) :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 9 LAZIO - UDINESE This game is a classic game open to all results. Udinese is confirming to be one of the best sides in Serie A, although sooner or later they will drop. The same goes for Lazio who will be missing Marchetti in goal along with Dias in the back. Lazio's defense is a little shaky without these two. Brocchi, Konko and Radu are in doubt for the game. Udinese recovers Ferronetti and Pinzi for this game. I really think that both teams can score at least a goal in this game considering Klose-Rocchi-Hernanes on one side, and Di Natale-Floro Flores on the other. It's the only valid thing to play in a game open to all types of results. LAZIO - UDINESE both to score @ 1.65 (totosì) STAKE 8/10 :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin GAME 10 NAPOLI - ROMA Last but not least the most spectacular game of the week but also the most uncertain. Pjanic out for booking, while Juan and Bojan are back. Gago not availble. One thing is certain..Roma is going to suffer Lavezzi & Cavani. I would like everyone to remember once again that Taddei which is an offensive centerfielder is playing as right full-back, De Rossi which is a centerfielder, is playing as a central defender ( Cavani is gonna kill him), and once again, L.Enrique has redesigned a new team!! For the Napoli side everyone is available. Because today everyone will know the outcome of the Champions Legue fixtures, where I think it will be extremely hard for Napoli to progress, it has been clearly said during this week that Napoli needs points in order to not loose the first teams in the league. Next year only 3 spots will be granted for CL. I'm counting on the San Paolo factor for this game. I'm considering that historically this is a dangerous game and wouldn't be surprised if the fans fight. And finally I'm considering the polemic controversies between Totti and the fans during this past week for the penalty kick he screwed up against Juventus.. Taddei has a lot of chances of getting expelled because Lavezzi is acting on his side. While Viviani & Greco along with Simplicio will act in the middle. A re-designed centerfield with 2 youngsters and Simplcio (never played a game yet) Having to choose something, although uncertainty reigns NAPOLI to win @ 1.95 (totosì) STAKE 7/10 BOTH TO SCORE @ 1.67 STAKE 9/10

Have you been on the forum lately? It's more than a week I'm posting. If the clours bother anyone I can take them off.
I don't mind colors. Just saying that you needed long time to do all that, while colours nor laughs don't help anything to you and us. However, if your way of working is this kind, then keep it. GL with picks

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Serie A AC Milan - Siena I think with all the missing MIlan has they will find it hard to take hold of advantage in midfield. Siena who are now almost full should take advantage of that and despite i bleieve that MIlans firepower should give them a win, i believe it won be as easy as books predict Siena +1.75 @ 1.83 Catania - Palermo Palermo probably a bit tired after 120 mins of Cup game, but I alredy was on them last week and i will do the same again. I think not many goals here, and odds for Palermo not to loose are really good Palermo +0.5 @ 1.79 Lazio - Udinese Well with all missings in Lazio backline i find the odds on Udine not to loose very good .udine excellent at back and great in counters, while Lazio wil l count on two players which i believe Udine defence can contain - Klose and Hernanes. Udinese +0.25 @ 1.98 Genoa - Bologna I dont see Genoa as good as odds suggest, moreover, i finally believe we are seeing Bologna from last season, when they has a spell when they were hard to beat. Bologna almost full team, while Genoa have some problems in the team. Bologna +0.5 @ 1.98

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December I'm interested in underdogs this weekend. While I can't quite decide on Atalanta and Cesena, I am taking Lecce. Quite horrendous odds on Parma IMO. They do have a good home record, but they aren't a very good side. They have very few sources of creativity and will be without their main source as Giovinco is highly likely to miss the match. Everything runs through him and they have no adequate back-up. This means their game plan is now dependent on Biabiany down the right flank. He is a tricky player but it's very possible to get a grip on him. Without his balls into the box I don't think Parma will create many chances. Valiani (LM) is diabolical going forward and Morrone/Galloppa wont scare any teams either. Despite their incredibly dull attacking play they also have one of the worst D's in the league. They don't miss anyone besides Gio for this match. Lecce have the worst D in the entire league but I still prefer to back them in this one. Cosmi appears to be taking an interesting approach to this match. A 4-3-3 is being proposed. I would welcome a bold approach and he clearly thinks Parma are there for the taking. Lecce put on a fine display against Lazio last week and were well worthy of a point but lost 3-2 in the end. For a relegation battling team they do have a few decent attacking options. Muriel is a lively striker and Di Michele is a decent all round player. Cuardrado is a direct winger and Oliviera, Grossmuller and Giacomazzi are decent ball-players. A lot will depend on Strasser as the defensive midfielder. He's a strong boy but is still learning in this division. He should be fine for this match though. Lecce have a pretty dreadful record so far this season. The main reason for me backing them is that for all their defensive woes they do have a few sparks up front. They will have some work to do defensively but if they can try to maintain possession they will go a long way to getting a result. Parma will have a one dimensional attack in this game that could be dealt with. Lecce are a fragile team but I like them to cause some issues for Parma in this one. Anything below evens short for the home win IMO. Lecce +0.5 - 2.050 - 5 points - Bet365 Lecce win - 5.00 - 1 point - Bet365

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Chievo - Cagliari I believe Chievo will come back to winning ways tomorrow, no better opponent than Cagliari, for them three good games, five points and a bit realxed feeling. also very importnat misses for guest, Conti almost surely out(like Messi for them), Nene and Asstori also out. Imo time for Chievo which is full to win. Odds are really good for that Chievo -0.5 @ 2.12

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Goals certainly look likely in the Milan match. We all know about Milans attacking ability but defensive wise they could be in a bit of a mess with the two full backs Abate and Antonini both out, as well as Nesta and his replacement Yepes. This means back four may well be; De Sciglio - Bonera - Silva - Taiwo I don't expect Siena to go all out and attack this weakened defence but they will be a massive threat from set pieces with the delivery D'Agostino. I'm going to look into to over 2.5 / 3.5 prices.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Quite an interesting set of fixtures betting wise this weekend, and there is something I like in all three of todays games; Chievo vs Cagliari – Chievo to win 2.10 at bet365 (2 units) Despite generally being a bit stop and start in their form so far this season Chievo are strong at home and I make them favourites to get a win against a depleted Cagliari. Cagliairi’s biggest issues are in midfield where they will miss Conti and Cossu and to a lesser extent Ekdal as well. That leaves them with very little options and there is some talk the manager might have to adjust formations to cope, something that is always difficult to do at short notice during a season. Nene is also missing, as is pivotal defender Astori who has been out for a few games now, and whilst their defence hasn’t collapsed as some might have expected after he picked up his injury, it’s still a loss that Chievo could exploit. Whilst Chievo are without a win in three games now, they played well against Udinese and in parts against Atalanta and have worked hard to regain some confidence after their embarrassing performance against Milan. At home this season they have a 3-3-1 record, and with an almost full strength side to pick from they should be able to pick off Cagliari tonight. Milan vs Siena – over 2.5 goals 1.73 at bet365 (2.5 units) Have decided to play it safe and go with the over 2.5 rather than the 3.5 in this match which should see goals I feel. Milans attacking threat is by far the best in the league and so far this season they are top scorers both at home and away and already averaging more than 2.5 a game at home in the league. It’s very possible that Milan themselves could get three goals in this match. They will certainly be highly motivated as a win would take them top of the league. However Milan do have a bit of a defensive crisis on their hands, with Abate and Antonini picking up injuries late this week, and Yepes injuring himself in last weekends match. It means Bonera will come in at CB and the full backs will be Taiwo and De Sciglio who is a youngster who would be starting his first Milan game if he was to get selected. The fact that this is a untested and a bit of a last minute back four means they could be susceptible especially on set pieces where D’Agostino is an excellent deliverer (and Brienza isn’t too shabby either), and their two inform strikers Destro and Calaio may be able to exploit any lack of communication the new look defence has. Fiorentina vs Atalanta – Atalanta DNB 3.25 at bet365 (1 unit) Just a small one on Atalanta here as I really don’t like the look of this Fiorentina team from what I’ve seen this season. I’m expecting a dour game with Atalanta perhaps the most likely to grab the win as they have a bit more cohesion in their play and the more in form players. Some of Fiorentina’s play this season has been unbelievably negative and for me they are getting a little to reliant on Jovetic, which makes there play quite predictable and relatively easy for opposing teams to combat. I’ve just looked at the stats and ignoring the Roma game where they were helped by 2 penalties and 3 red cards they have had only 14 shots on target in the last 5 league games. Having watched three of these matches I can understand why the figures are so low. Midfield is the biggest problem, as they are quite lazy (perhaps with the exception of Behrami) and other than Montolivo (who is out for this game) they have very little creativity. I think Atalanta will be able to soak up any pressure and then look to break quickly to exploit the midfield. If Scheletto or Moralez can get on the ball enough then they are likely to create something. :hope

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Fiorentina vs. Atalanta
Selection Fiorentina
Strength 10/10
Date 17/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.85
Reasoning Fiorentina start the first chance in this game with Atalanta. He returned and Gilardino after injury and will be couple in attack Jovetic, this team is top scorer with 6 goals this season. Fiorentina occupy 14th place in the rankings with 16 points, 14 of which were obtained Artemio Franchi in the 7 matches played here, have four wins, two draws and a single defeat, 12:4 goal difference, in the last round they lost away Inter with 2:0. Atalanta is a newly promoted team but does not show it, started with -6 points this season and now have 16 of which 9 achieved away, have 2 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats, goal difference 10:12. Atalanta comes after four consecutive draws, the last of them 1:1 at home to Catania. Since the hosts are uncertain Cassani and Montolivo while the guests will not evolve Tribbouchi and Brighi... Fiorentina needs this victory. Probable LineUps : Fiorentina 4-4-2 : Boruc - De Silvestri, Gamberini, Natali, Pasqual - Vargas, Lazzari, Salifu, Behrami - Gilardino, Jovetic Atalanta 4-4-1-1 : Consigli - Peluso, Manfredini, Lucchini, Masielo - Schelotto, Cigarini, Carmona, Padoin - Moralez - Denis

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Chievo-Cagliari Pellissier to score @3 bet365 stake 4/10 Sergio is chasing his 100 goal in serie A for about a month now, today can be his "lucky" day against a Cagliari team without his key players Cossu and Conti (+ others). Chievo @ home is strong and I can see a win here, but I value Pellissier odds to score today. On a separate topic, Zlatan it is NOT a tipster, this is clear from the way he writes his posts and the statements that he makes. I like his way of posting and wording but sure not to be followed for granted....

Chievo-Cagliari Pellissier to score @3 bet365 stake 4/10 Sergio is chasing his 100 goal in serie A for about a month now, today can be his "lucky" day against a Cagliari team without his key players Cossu and Conti (+ others). Chievo @ home is strong and I can see a win here, but I value Pellissier odds to score today. On a separate topic, Zlatan it is NOT a tipster, this is clear from the way he writes his posts and the statements that he makes. I like his way of posting and wording but sure not to be followed for granted....
I am afraid Pellissier has to wait to celebrate his 100th goal in Serie A :cry

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Unlucky tonight Dylan - it could have been a great night for you. Fiorentina really are a spineless team. I'll be looking to fade them as much as possible when they don't have Jovetic. Atalanta were well worth a point. I think Fiorentina may have been a bit of a coupon buster tonight.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 17-18 December Genoa vs. Bologna Not a particularly appetising match. I think Genoa are being overrated by bookies in this one. They have a lot of selection issues tomorrow and are not in good form for this one. They really laboured to create any chances against Inter earlier in the week. Bologna will sit tight in this match and look to counter. Genoa are missing some important players creatively and will struggle to break the visitors down. Palacio is their main attacking outlet and he will be missing once more. Kucka and Birsa are also missing which limits creativity to Merkel and Rossi down the wings. Merkel is best deployed centrally and Rossi is an absolute workhorse but not someone who you would look to when breaking down a defence. Jankovic and Ze Eduardo will probably lead the line. Both have yet to find any rhythm this season. Caracciolo is a target man option from the bench. They aren't exactly settled defensively either. Kaladze and Granqvist are decent at times but can be very sketchy. Bologna have improved under Pioli. They are a typical counter-attacking side who rely on their attacking trident to win them points. They gave a stirring performance against Milan and earned a 2-2 draw courtesy of a GK howler. On the whole it was deserved. They tend to play 3 ball winners in midfield and simply provide Ramirez and Diamanti with the ball. They in turn look for Di Vaio who seems to have re-found his form a little recently. They are far from a great team but I think they have the players and game plan to get a result in Genoa. They have the three best attackers on the pitch and will sit back waiting for chances to break. Given Genoa's potential problems creating chances I am happy to take Bologna to gain a result. Bologna +0.5 - 1.900 - 3 points - Bet365