UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December

Jase82

Thursday 1 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Lokomotiv Moscow v SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz (17:00 GMT) 1.3 5.4 11 104.41 %
maximize.gif AEK Athens v Anderlecht (18:00 GMT) 3.25 3.4 2.3 103.66 %
maximize.gif AEK Larnaca v Maccabi Haifa (18:00 GMT) 3.3 3.4 2.38 101.73 %
maximize.gif FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti (18:00 GMT) 1.38 4.8 9.5 103.82 %
maximize.gif FC Twente v Fulham (18:00 GMT) 1.9 3.65 4.6 101.52 %
maximize.gif Odense BK v Wisla Kraków (18:00 GMT) 1.95 3.55 4.21 103.14 %
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v Slovan Bratislava (20:05 GMT) 1.21 7 17 102.81 %
maximize.gif FC Red Bull Salzburg v Paris Saint-Germain (20:05 GMT) 4.21 3.6 1.9 103.91 %
maximize.gif FC Vaslui v Lazio (20:05 GMT) 3.41 3.4 2.25 103.18 %
maximize.gif Maccabi Tel Aviv v Besiktas JK (20:05 GMT) 3.6 3.4 2.2 102.64 %
maximize.gif Sporting CP v FC Zürich (20:05 GMT) 1.36 6 9.47 100.56 %
maximize.gif Stoke City v Dynamo Kyiv (20:05 GMT) 2.36 3.4 3.3 102.09 %

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Seeing that nobody seems much inclined to comment here, and that I have been writing sparsely anyway, I'll have a go here. And I'm going with a relatively obvious pick in Sporting Lisbon. After another good performance away at Benfica on Saturday Sporting were left to rue their defensive failings for the loss. Which of course shows there's room for the Sporting team to grow. This being said they've been proving their worth consistently in Alvalade, thanks to a supportive crowd and solid gameplay. They have already qualified for the next stage but they need a win to seal 1st place in their group. Though Carrillo and Matias will miss this match I think Sporting are too strong for this Zurich side whom they beat 2-0 away. I'm taking the outright win for the home side as I trust Sporting's home form this season. Elsewhere I can't really comment much, but judging from the number of away wins we saw today in the EL, there might be a few fixtures where sides are saving players for bigger league appointments. Sturm Graz, Steaua, Slovan Bratislava anyone?

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Sport Football (Europa League) Event Odense-Wisla Selection Wisla +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 01/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.94 Reasoning Wrong odds, big value on Wisla, but I take more safety +0.5. Odense in this moment is totally out of form, have big troubles with winning matches, defense is very shaky. Odense in this year play very bad football in league, any chances for European Cups - 8 position. Wisla in last round in Polish league won after great match against Slask, if keep this level can win here too :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 30th November Maccabi Tel Aviv v Besiktas Besiktas travel to Isreal in 3rd position of Group E and looking for a win, while the top 2 teams meet in England. [stoke+Kiev] Besiktas won the first meeting between the sides 5-1, in a convincing manner and have since played well domestically, lying in 5th the league [4 points off 1st]. Maccabi on the other hand are on bad form and lie 7th in their domestic league. There is also underlying rumours of the coach's job being insecure. Besiktas will look to take advantage here and get the 3 points [+ guarantee qualification] while the home sides minds may be elsewhere. 3 of 4 Maccabi games in EL this season have ended in over 2.5 and I expect this to happen again. Over 2.5 @ 9/10 with Bet365 Besiktas to win @ 11/10 with Bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Maccabi Tel Aviv v Besiktas Besiktas travel to Isreal in 3rd position of Group E and looking for a win, while the top 2 teams meet in England. [stoke+Kiev] Besiktas won the first meeting between the sides 5-1, in a convincing manner and have since played well domestically, lying in 5th the league [4 points off 1st]. Maccabi on the other hand are on bad form and lie 7th in their domestic league. There is also underlying rumours of the coach's job being insecure. Besiktas will look to take advantage here and get the 3 points [+ guarantee qualification] while the home sides minds may be elsewhere. 3 of 4 Maccabi games in EL this season have ended in over 2.5 and I expect this to happen again. Over 2.5 @ 9/10 with >Bet365 Besiktas to win @ 11/10 with >Bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Hello. My first post here, will try to bring some useful info. First i'll make some comments about the matches i saw posted earlier, hope i will not upset anyone. Maccabi-Besiktas. There is a fierce rivalry between israeli and turkish team which comes from the deep political and religious divide between the two countries. The israeli fans will make Hell for the away team, i expect Maccabi to play with a high level of determination even if the match has no stake for them. I think Besiktas are underpriced for this one. AEK Athens - Anderlecht. I wouldn't go for the belgians on this one. Why? Well complacency always sets in with the players when they already know they are qualified, now matter how good the coach it's always hard to fire them up for such matches even if the greeks will field an understrength team like in the match with Lokomotiv. Sporting - Already qualified, may settle with draw, coach might rest players after a very hard match with Benfica, Zurich not a bad team. So why bet there? + very small odd for sporting I played only one match today which i think has a very high outcome probability. Schalke - Steaua 1. Same odd as sporting but much higher chances i think. Schalke are the superior team, the match is played in Germany and Schalke feel very confident on their home ground, great home fans. Big + for the germans on the coaching level as well. Ilie Stan the coach of Steaua has no international managing experience prior to this season: during this campaign he lead the team during two matches a 0-5 devastating loss in Israel and a 4-2 rematch on home ground. But overall a very inexperienced manager, even in Romania he coached only teams who battled for relegation without notable results and was named coach at Steaua because there were no better options available at the time. Concerning the other romanian team who will play FC Vaslui i wouldn't go on Lazio on this one, Vaslui are a good team with a lot of international footballers, in the first match played in italy they lead 2-1 before a late equaliser for Lazio, with Zurich at home again they led 2-1 before conceding a late equaliser, overall a team with a good offensive potential but hesitant defense, Lazio will not have an easy game, don't bet after the teams reputation on this one. And an interesting fact from uefa.com about this game "People talk about the home record but that doesn't mean we play any differently away," said the team's 64-year-old boss Viorel Hizo, himself unbeaten in 19 UEFA home matches as coach of FC Inter Sibiu, FC Rapid Bucureşti and Vaslui. "We might have taken more points, or dropped some elsewhere, but our attitude has always been the same." Good day!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Stoke - Dynamo - 1 DNB - 1.65 at William Hill. Stoke are the English team who don't treat EL as a tinpot trophy and take it quite seriously. Stoke are traditionally strong at home at a win here will ensure they win the group before a difficult trip to Besiktas. Earlier in the season Stoke were leading Dynamo in Ukraine and only drew due to 90 min equaliser. I think Stoke will win here, might even put a small stake on 1:0 but my bigger bet will come with the safety bracket of a draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December

Hello. My first post here, will try to bring some useful info. First i'll make some comments about the matches i saw posted earlier, hope i will not upset anyone. Maccabi-Besiktas. There is a fierce rivalry between israeli and turkish team which comes from the deep political and religious divide between the two countries. The israeli fans will make Hell for the away team, i expect Maccabi to play with a high level of determination even if the match has no stake for them. I think Besiktas are underpriced for this one. AEK Athens - Anderlecht. I wouldn't go for the belgians on this one. Why? Well complacency always sets in with the players when they already know they are qualified, now matter how good the coach it's always hard to fire them up for such matches even if the greeks will field an understrength team like in the match with Lokomotiv. Sporting - Already qualified, may settle with draw, coach might rest players after a very hard match with Benfica, Zurich not a bad team. So why bet there? + very small odd for sporting I played only one match today which i think has a very high outcome probability. Schalke - Steaua 1. Same odd as sporting but much higher chances i think. Schalke are the superior team, the match is played in Germany and Schalke feel very confident on their home ground, great home fans. Big + for the germans on the coaching level as well. Ilie Stan the coach of Steaua has no international managing experience prior to this season: during this campaign he lead the team during two matches a 0-5 devastating loss in Israel and a 4-2 rematch on home ground. But overall a very inexperienced manager, even in Romania he coached only teams who battled for relegation without notable results and was named coach at Steaua because there were no better options available at the time. Concerning the other romanian team who will play FC Vaslui i wouldn't go on Lazio on this one, Vaslui are a good team with a lot of international footballers, in the first match played in italy they lead 2-1 before a late equaliser for Lazio, with Zurich at home again they led 2-1 before conceding a late equaliser, overall a team with a good offensive potential but hesitant defense, Lazio will not have an easy game, don't bet after the teams reputation on this one. And an interesting fact from uefa.com about this game "People talk about the home record but that doesn't mean we play any differently away," said the team's 64-year-old boss Viorel Hizo, himself unbeaten in 19 UEFA home matches as coach of FC Inter Sibiu, FC Rapid Bucureşti and Vaslui. "We might have taken more points, or dropped some elsewhere, but our attitude has always been the same." Good day!
:welcome Good first post :ok

Hello. My first post here, will try to bring some useful info. First i'll make some comments about the matches i saw posted earlier, hope i will not upset anyone. Maccabi-Besiktas. There is a fierce rivalry between israeli and turkish team which comes from the deep political and religious divide between the two countries. The israeli fans will make Hell for the away team, i expect Maccabi to play with a high level of determination even if the match has no stake for them. I think Besiktas are underpriced for this one. AEK Athens - Anderlecht. I wouldn't go for the belgians on this one. Why? Well complacency always sets in with the players when they already know they are qualified, now matter how good the coach it's always hard to fire them up for such matches even if the greeks will field an understrength team like in the match with Lokomotiv. Sporting - Already qualified, may settle with draw, coach might rest players after a very hard match with Benfica, Zurich not a bad team. So why bet there? + very small odd for sporting I played only one match today which i think has a very high outcome probability. Schalke - Steaua 1. Same odd as sporting but much higher chances i think. Schalke are the superior team, the match is played in Germany and Schalke feel very confident on their home ground, great home fans. Big + for the germans on the coaching level as well. Ilie Stan the coach of Steaua has no international managing experience prior to this season: during this campaign he lead the team during two matches a 0-5 devastating loss in Israel and a 4-2 rematch on home ground. But overall a very inexperienced manager, even in Romania he coached only teams who battled for relegation without notable results and was named coach at Steaua because there were no better options available at the time. Concerning the other romanian team who will play FC Vaslui i wouldn't go on Lazio on this one, Vaslui are a good team with a lot of international footballers, in the first match played in italy they lead 2-1 before a late equaliser for Lazio, with Zurich at home again they led 2-1 before conceding a late equaliser, overall a team with a good offensive potential but hesitant defense, Lazio will not have an easy game, don't bet after the teams reputation on this one. And an interesting fact from uefa.com about this game "People talk about the home record but that doesn't mean we play any differently away," said the team's 64-year-old boss Viorel Hizo, himself unbeaten in 19 UEFA home matches as coach of FC Inter Sibiu, FC Rapid Bucureşti and Vaslui. "We might have taken more points, or dropped some elsewhere, but our attitude has always been the same." Good day!
Great write up. Cheers.

Shalke 04 vs. Steaua Bucharest

I'll take again today on another encounter in Europa League in which a Romanian team is involved. This time it's about Steaua. A team with lot of tradition and history in Romania, probably the only thing which keeps it alive at the moment. I didn't see Steaua in such a bad form since lot of time and if things won't change at their team, at the club during this winter break I don't see any treat coming from them for the other teams in Romania in second part of the season. Steaua is coming after two horrible games played, one in which they were beaten away to Ceahlaul by a mediocre team which promoted to first league this year, and the last one when they won against Brasov from an imaginary penalty. In the Romanian league, in last five away games Steaua scored only once, the 3:0 win at Petrolul being a game won at the green table cuz of some conflicts with Petrolul's supporters which entered on the field during the agme. They have only one win in seven games away from home in the league, and these kind of results do not reflect an old Steaua with traditiona which won Champions League long time ago. Same as last season, Steaua is struggling up-front, not finding a clinical striker which can be called a real threat in front of the goal when has the ball. Also for the game against Shalke, Steaua will miss forward Tatu ( injury ) and Florin Costea ( suspension ) + other non-forward injuries and will have to make it in attack with Mihai Costea and Rusescu. From my point of view Rusescu is a shity player and doesn't deserve all the praise he gets and Costea has no manners, he has a psychic problem and gets angered very easily. Last game these two forwards were arguing for who to shoot the penalty, and eventually after Rusescu did, Costea did a big fuss about it and was substituted at half time. These two won't behave with each other and I hardly see the coping tonight. Steaua's owner Becali mentioned about selling Costea brothers so that might be as well a reason for them not to care about their games at Steaua anymore. For Steaua is coming a very tough schedule, having to play against top two teams in Romania, a fearce derby against Dinamo Bucharest and a tough game against the strong CFR Cluj. I think their chances are rather slim to qualify from the group and they will have to hope for a positive result for the other game also where AEK meets Maccabi. I have not much info about Shalke, seems they will miss their captain Hoewedes and forward Farfan but otherwise they should be fine to win this game. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar declared they are aware of Steaua's eventual potential and that they will take this game seriously and in the end offer supporters a great win which will send them to next phase of Europa League not having to worry about another decisive game at Maccabi. History is same side with me tonight, Steaua never ever winning a single game on German soil and I don't see that changing with probably worse Steaua we have for years. Odds on Shalke to win are 1,35 but they seem small unless played on some sort of acumulator, but I like the odds for Steaua not to score which is priced at 1,90. With quality lacking up-front and with a bad form when playing away from home I hardly imagine Steaua to create problems for the German defense. Steaua not to score @ 1,90 single looks good value plus it can be covered by correct score 2:1/3:1 just in case. Selection: Shalke Cleansheet @ 1,90 Maybe for those interested, the card market might be another good option with Steaua having four players sent off so far in Europe and I might see them cracking under pressure and get booked again. Other game am interested in tonight is PSG as I don't see them slipping off for the fourth time consecutively after two loses and 1 draw in the Ligue 1 and I will maybe take them on some sort of smaller stake double with Shalke to win to nil. Anyway, main bet is Shalke to hold a cleansheet with maybe covering the correct score just in case. Good luck all! :hope Edit: Might missed this, Ciprian Marica ( an international Romanian) plays at Shalke and might have enough info to give to his team mates for this game to be prepared to face Steaua.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Stoke seem to have drifted slightly, now @ 2.38 i think there definatly worth a punt, not many teams go to the Britannia and dominate plus Stoke are going to want to win to secure that top spot in order to get the easier draw in the next round

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Besiktas to win @ 2.20 Understand it's hard to face a Greek side whenever you play them at their turf, but I believe in quality gap as well as playing with motivation. Their form is a lot better and that's just another plus for Beskitas. Maccabi have lost their last four matches and have won one out of 7 in their domestic league. Midfielder Dahan and striker Yitzhaki are out for Maccabi and Beskitaks have a few if's for the match. Beskitas needs a win and they are through whereas Maccabi is all but out. At 2.20, I am more than willing to try. GL!

Is Andelecht not overpriced??
Andelecht- 4 matches- 4 wins AEK Athens- 4 matches- 0 win
I wouldn't touch it mate. Both teams have relatively nothing to play [Anderlecht have qualified+AEK can't] for and motivation may be low. Good luck if you do though.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Thought I'd share this viewpoint on the Salzburg-PSG encounter ... My initial reaction is to swerve. PSG are in wretched form and are without Lugano (probably a good thing as he's been pish this season), Menez and Pastore. The latter two are out-of-form but good players. Erding is likely to play ahead of Gamiero, with Bodmer pushed into the hole and Jallet out on the right. Even by Europa League standards, that's an average-looking forward line. Gaffer Kombouare is also facing the exit door - Leonardo just needs to find someone to replace him. Totally impossible side to predict. I know hee-haw about Salzburg, but for a team bankrolled by Red Bull, they are not flying high in the Austrian Bundesliga. Unless anyone can give a compelling analysis on them, this match is best scratched off the radar.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Vaslui vs Lazio Away side is looking clearly to win here, but I am not sure they will do that. Vaslui is strong and will be a tight game. But Lazio came in Romania with all the big names and I am sure will continue their great moments on away games: 1 defeat in last 9 trips and at least 1 goal in last 16 away games. Vaslui is the best Romanian side as value of players, style of play, etc. They are not top of the League because their constancy is not their main attribute and also are not one of the teams protected by the referees in the internal competition. (Vaslui is a small city in Romania, much bigger than Urziceni although.) I will go for goals in this match, but I believe will not be many! 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Odense vs Wisla I watched the game of Wisla against Slask and I was very impressed by the display they had. Attacking and stressing continuously the opponent. In the end they won 1-0 and was a fair result. Odense is shaking, plays bad, has no confidence and results. I vote for a good game of Wisla in this one and a good result. Their bad period is over while the home side is still in misery! away +0.5 AH @ 1.94 with Ladbrokers Maccabi vs Besiktas Home side conceded 3 goals in each of the last 2 games. They won just once in last 12 games. Besiktas won in the derby with Trabzonspor and made a 0-0 with Galatasaray. They will need a win here, but there will be hard for them as there is a huge rivalry between these two countries. Expect a tight game and also goals! 2 or 3 goals in the match @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Hello everyone! 4-Multiple Bet: Overall odds: 2.98 @ Betfair 1- Schalke vs Steaua Bucharest @ 1.32 Reasons: Mentioned above, quality difference between both teams. Schakle will go for the win to ensure progression and since their last game is @ Maccabi haifa so a draw there will suffice to ensure top spot (assuming Maccabi Haifa win @ AEK tonight) They will also be extra motivated due to their defeat to bitter rivals Dortmund on the weekend. 2- Twente vs Fulham - Under 3.5 @ 1.3 Reasons: Fulham always play defensively, especially away from home. Even if Twente do score a lot at home, from the last 35 away games that Fulham have played, only 4 have gone over 3.5 including against big teams. So Fulham will most probably look to avoid defeat and go for a 0-0 or a 1-1 if they could. A win or a 0-0 scoreline for Twente will also insure top spot since it ended 1-1 @ Fulham when these 2 teams met. 3- Stoke vs Dinamo Kiev - Over 1.5 @ 1.38 Reasons: Last 3 home games for Stoke in the Europa league have gone over 2.5 and as well as their last 8 home games in all competitions. As for Kiev, they have 3 of their last away games go under 1.5 but they will have to try to win if they want any chance of progressing since it is likely that Bisiktas will win in Tel Aviv. Stoke also take this competition seriously and they will ensure top spot tonight with a win. 4- Lokomotiv vs Strum Graz - Over 1.5 @ 1.23 Reasons: I know almost nothing of these 2 teams, but judging by their past results, Lokomotiv has seen over 1.5 in their last 5 home games as well as their last 3 home games in Europe Leauge. As for Strum Graz, they've seen their last 17 away games go over 1.5. And their last 6 away games have seen 3 games go over 2.5 and the other 3 games ended 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3. Also, their 2 away games in the Europa League this season have seen them go over 2.5. Also, Lokomotiv won the reverse fixture 1-2 and so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't want the win tonight especially since their last game is @ group leaders Anderlecht. Does anyone here think that any of these bets is risky or that I shouldn't play it? Thanks Overall odds of 2.98 with Betfair :hope

I will also follow Cristianoronaldo & Sportxtipster and place a big bet on an Asian Handicap of Wisla Krakow +0.5 @ 1.94 with Betfair.
I'd be careful, Wisla have lost 6/7 away Europa League games and the win was against some minnow in qualifying. And in recent form domestically they've lost 3/4. I'd totally agree on the fact that OB are poor but they did win 3-1 away in Poland. I dont think this is the greatest game to bet on considering both sides are practically out of the comp too...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December AEK Larnaca- Maccabi Haifa I see a good value in backing Maccabi tonight. Maccabi will try to ensure the second position in the group with a win in cyprus. They lead to Steaua with 1 point and a win ,tonight will ensure them second place. Despite the loss against Steaua, Haifa looks in a good form so i cannot see them losing tonight. Odds are dropping and are about 2.00 at the moment for away win. Also just can`t see another surprising result from AEK after holding shalke. Haifa @ 2.00 with Sportingbet

Maccabi Tel Aviv v Besiktas Besiktas travel to Isreal in 3rd position of Group E and looking for a win, while the top 2 teams meet in England. [stoke+Kiev] Besiktas won the first meeting between the sides 5-1, in a convincing manner and have since played well domestically, lying in 5th the league [4 points off 1st]. Maccabi on the other hand are on bad form and lie 7th in their domestic league. There is also underlying rumours of the coach's job being insecure. Besiktas will look to take advantage here and get the 3 points [+ guarantee qualification] while the home sides minds may be elsewhere. 3 of 4 Maccabi games in EL this season have ended in over 2.5 and I expect this to happen again. Over 2.5 @ 9/10 with >Bet365 Besiktas to win @ 11/10 with >Bet365
Now I see Besiktas have shortened...

I'd be careful, Wisla have lost 6/7 away Europa League games and the win was against some minnow in qualifying. And in recent form domestically they've lost 3/4. I'd totally agree on the fact that OB are poor but they did win 3-1 away in Poland. I dont think this is the greatest game to bet on considering both sides are practically out of the comp too...
Hmmmm... Okay, I'll probably make it a small bet then :) cheers! Especially since I know nothing of these 2 teams other than the fact that Wisla might be turning their fortunes around.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Yeah i'd have to agree here, Wisla won their last league game but lost the previous 3. The ones I like for me are Salzburg to do something against a PSG side who got thoroughly outplayed (IMO) against Marseille and are without Lugano, Menez & Pastore. Got to be some value in that. Plus Salzburg won 6-0 on the weekend, which, despite being against the bottom club will give the attacking players some confidence. So im on for a Draw @ 3.4 The other is the Vaslui/Lazio game, both will cancel each other out and it most probably will not yield many goals, if any. Vaslui are solid, but they are missing their captain. Lazio have only 5 goals from their 4 and don't have any prolific strikers or goalscorers. Klose aint exactly a goal machine, and Cisse is as erratic as ever. Again, a Draw @ 3.4 with a possible side bet of a 1-1 @ 6.50 - all at Bet365 Cheers guys, thats my two cents...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Sporting - Zurich With Sporting already qualified and Zurich with no chance IMO to proceed i wouldnt go for a straight home win here. As i already see Europa league is a tricky competition with lots of surprises, so odds about 1.3 is no bet for me, especially in that case. Sporting most probably will rest some players after derby with Benfica. Zurich +2 Handicap @ 1.7 looks very good to me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Small stakes on Klose to score @ 28/17 Unibet Lazio will play with full force, they need the win, Klose will have the best possible supporting cast. He scored in 6 of 11 Serie A games (in 4 of 5 away games). Scored in 1 of 2 EL games (in 1 of 1 away games). Obviously he doesnt like Stadio Olimpico:lol. Vaslui can compete offensively on good days, thats why I dont like the odds on Lazio, but their defense aint good enough to keep players like Klose away from the box for 70+ minutes.

I wouldn't touch it mate. Both teams have relatively nothing to play [Anderlecht have qualified+AEK can't] for and motivation may be low.
In both Champion's League and Europa League, teams are awarded money for wins/draws (in Europa League they get 140k euro/win and 70k/draw) so it doesn't matter weather a team is qualified or not, they should always play for the money and pride. Believe it or not, some teams play much better when they don't have the pressure to qualify.