UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November

Wednesday 23 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Zenit Saint-Petersburg v APOEL (17:00 GMT) 1.55 3.75 6.5 106.57 %
maximize.gif AC Milan v FC Barcelona (19:45 GMT) 4.25 3.65 1.8 106.48 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund (19:45 GMT) 2 3.6 3.5 106.35 %
maximize.gif Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Chelsea (19:45 GMT) 3.6 3.6 1.95 106.84 %
maximize.gif FC BATE Borisov v FC Viktoria Plzen (19:45 GMT) 1.95 3.4 3.8 107.01 %
maximize.gif Olympique Marseille v Olympiacos (19:45 GMT) 1.45 4.5 7 105.47 %
maximize.gif Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Porto (19:45 GMT) 2.25 3.5 3 106.35 %
maximize.gif Valencia v Racing Genk (19:45 GMT) 1.2 6.25 14 106.48 %

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November I am surprised by the lack of opinions for CL... Anyway..My bet for wednesday will be Zenit vs Apoel +1AH Apoel. I watched Zenit-Anji at Friday.Zenit suffered from bad final strikes.They missed Kerzhakov and Dani who was not 100% fit.He took part about 20 mins before the end and did nothing special.Zenit's defence also looked out of shape.There were a couple of chances for Anji and only Malafeev's reflexes and a lot of luck helped Zenit's "surviving".I think Apoel is far better side than Anji and their recent form especially in Cl proves my words.Apoel will play defensively and will be waiting to counter attack.If Zenit's defense look that way again the will suffer a lot.I think Apoel won't lose this match.Anyway i won't risk and i will go for+1 which Bet365 values about 2.05 so i will take a shot.:) The second match in my combo is Milan-Barcelona.I will go for a draw.The two teams are already at 1/8 finals.If we take a look at their schedule we will see that they have to play some tough matches in their local champioships.Milan is chasing Juvetus while Barcelona is after Real.I think the two teams will play аn uneventfully match and will ensure a calm Wednesday evening.GL!!:)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November

Thank you Mustafa.The two teams have qualified' date='Iniesta will miss Barcelona and i think that Alegri and Guardiola will rotate the squad.[/quote'] Draw is very likely here and will suit Barcelona more since in that case they will win the group, but Milan do play nice football in Champions League and @ 5.00 I might consider them.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Overs look good value in Shaktar vs Porto, both are attacking sides with a lot of talnet going forward, Shaktar are 14/24 overs so far this season whereas Porto are 15/25 (excluding cup games where they may have played weakened sides), the game between them @ Porto finished 2-1 and as I recall both teams had lots of chances. Both teams need to win because as it stands they would be out of the competition. Shaktar's chances of continuing in the CL look very slim but it's not yet impossible, and I'm sure they would like to try and win the Europa League again if they are knocked out, so they have that to play for, plus their wounded pride. Porto would have expected to qualify for the next round after last year's European success and they will surely go for the win. Any opinions?

Overs look good value in Shaktar vs Porto' date=' both are attacking sides with a lot of talnet going forward, Shaktar are 14/24 overs so far this season whereas Porto are 15/25 (excluding cup games where they may have played weakened sides), the game between them @ Porto finished 2-1 and as I recall both teams had lots of chances. Both teams need to win because as it stands they would be out of the competition. Shaktar's chances of continuing in the CL look very slim but it's not yet impossible, and I'm sure they would like to try and win the Europa League again if they are knocked out, so they have that to play for, plus their wounded pride. Porto would have expected to qualify for the next round after last year's European success and they will surely go for the win. Any opinions?[/quote'] Can't see anything than a win for Shakhtar, Porto was absolutely terrible in the last games. The players seem lost in the pitch, they lost 3-0 against Academica last Saturday and they even finished the first half with 0 shots. Only left Falcao and AVB but they're not the same team

Can't see anything than a win for Shakhtar, Porto was absolutely terrible in the last games. The players seem lost in the pitch, they lost 3-0 against Academica last Saturday and they even finished the first half with 0 shots. Only left Falcao and AVB but they're not the same team
Agree that Porto were disappointing in their last CL game at Apoel. On this basis, I think Shakhtar are good value at 2.2. Over 2.5 goals also looks good at evens.

expecting the match AC Milan vs Barcelona , not only for the betting , but also for the wonderful scene , wish would not be disappointed for that !:unsure g.php
I think this one will end in a low scoring draw, most likely 0-0. Both teams have already qualified and both have important games in their domestic leagues so can't see either side risking a lot in this game.

I think this one will end in a low scoring draw' date=' most likely 0-0. Both teams have already qualified and both have important games in their domestic leagues so can't see either side risking a lot in this game.[/quote'] i have a totally different opinion from you about this match . This is a match between milan and barcellona there is much pride in this match. Ac Milan are looking foward for it as much as any... Zlatan Ibrahimovic is raring to defeat barca...everyone is raring to defeat barca...all teams are motivated to face barcellona and beat the best... so there is motivation from both clans...Milan will need a win in order to finish top of the group..both teams are qualified so yes there is less pressure and therefore I expect a delightful match, going for overs...between two teams who have written half the history of european football

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November MARSEILLE-OLYMPIACOS PICK:BOTH TO SCORE ODDS:2.10 LADBROKES Uefa Champions League,Fixture 5 Stadium Velodrome,Capacity:60.031 Marseille absences:fanni(injured) Olympiacos absences:ibagaza,makoun,orbaiz,papazoglou, valerianos(injured) Group F Arsenal 4-8 Marseille 4-7 Dortmund 4-4 Olympiacos 4-3 This is the 5th fixture of the group and maybe the one which will judge the 2 teams who will qualify. Marseille wants not to lose from olympiacos and dortmund not to win at england to secure the qualification but as deschamps said his team will play only for the win as he also wants to finish in the 1st place. Marseille is coming from a loss for the french league from monpellier with 1-0 to stops a good undefeated run of 7 games in which the team showed to find a rhythm. For the champions league after the away draw with 0-0 against arsenal the team is with the one foot to the next round and in this match will try to make this step. Olympiacos is coming from a home draw in the big derby against panathinaikos with 1-1 in a game that had many chances to score and to take the win but was unlucky. For the champions league olympiacos lost away from dortmund with 1-0 and now wants only the win to keep some hopes for the qualify or at least a positive result for the 3rd place who leads to europa league. For this match olympiacos with some important missings especially at the midfield. We expect an open game as the two teams will fight for the win,marseille always very strong at home wants a good poerformance and result not only for the champions league but also to going with high morale for the big match against psg and at the other side olympiacos who has to play for the win and who showed to find a good rhythm lately and a team who creates a lot of chances. We cant predict the final outcome but we are going to risk that both teams will score in a very interesting game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November First post here, so looking forward for your feedback: Pick: Both teams to score @1.76 with Gamebookers Chelsea seems in a bit of a bad form based on recent results. They seem to receive a lot of goals lately, which shows their weak defense. In the last 11 games, they received goals in 9 of them. Besides this, Anelka and Paulo Ferreira will not be available as they did not travel to Germany. However, despite the above reasons, Chelsea will definitely fight to win here since, assuming Valencia wins at Genk, a defeat in Germany would mean Chelsea will play it's qualification with Valencia, and that would be really risky. Leverkusen has good results in CL on home territory but has not managed to win the last 2 games at home against Shalke and Hamburg SV. Both teams are in a loss of form, both need the win really bad so I see an open game with a lot of goals to be honest. I don't see a clear win for neither of the teams but I'm pretty sure both will score.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November What does anyone think of the Arsenal - Dortmund game? Both teams are on a great run recently, Arsenal winning 6 league games in a row including at Chelsea while Dortmund are starting to find their feet after a slow start to their league defence including beating Bayern Munich in their own back garden at the weekend. Hard one to call? Thought???

What does anyone think of the Arsenal - Dortmund game? Both teams are on a great run recently, Arsenal winning 6 league games in a row including at Chelsea while Dortmund are starting to find their feet after a slow start to their league defence including beating Bayern Munich in their own back garden at the weekend. Hard one to call? Thought???
Yes it is a very tough one to call IMO. You would always expect an Arsene Wenger side to be positive and really go for the win but Dortmund have the quality to expose the Arsenal defence and the away side are desperate for points in this group. You could make an argument for various outcomes here but for me this game is a clear no bet scenario. I wish anyone betting on the 1X2 market with this fixture a lot of luck cos they'll need it quite frankly.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November I've taken the price on Arsenal to beat Dortmund at home tomorrow night. Arsenal to beat Dortmund @ 2.170 (Pinnacle:5pts) Tough game tbh and I wasnt gonna get involved, but at anything above 2.00 I believe we are value and worth a play. I do like Dortmund and Klopp, plus I rate Gotze and Hummels very highly, but I did think they'd have some struggles in Europe being fairly new to this level and juggling domestic competition where they have regained form after an indifferent start. Both teams have improved their form since the 1-1 we got away in Dortmund, but they have to come and win tomorrow and I do think it suits us well, we are in good shape right now and have plenty of pace in attack supporting RVP. Midfield is looking pretty well balanced and we have some good recovery defenders in Vermaelen and Koscielny who will be needed in a game like this. I'd expect Dortmund to press hard trying to turn over possession high up the pitch but I dont see them really having enough in attack to do the damage. I think our added experience at this level and home advantage can prove decisive, I'm feeling a 2-0 or 2-1 victory for us tomorrow. I'm expecting a tough night, but feel a win coming for us. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Arsenal vs Dortmund An earlier one than usual for me... Perhaps im feeling abit "tilty" after an annoying set of results today. Arsenal looks set to field a strong team to finish the job in the group stages as champions with all the important first team players expected to start, amongst them Van persie. Arsenal's next game in the premier league is Fulham at home, which considering Fulham's form is nothing to seriously trouble Wenger and he should be totally fixed on tommorow's fixture. Dortmund themselves seemed to have lost their momentum from last season until recently. Their away defeat of Bayern a few days ago was a very big result for them both for their away confidence and their future prospect. Now they will be looking to progress to the next round. However with Marseille playing at home to a very average Olympiakos side, Dortmund will feel they need a win here. They have plenty of firepower and will probably play 4231 with their polish striker up front. Gotze is an excellent player and will provide good firepower in the wings. With Walcott on the other wing I expect attacking football from both sides. Over 2.5 and BTTS are clear bets at about 4/5 and 8/11 respectively, but considering Arsenal's form and the situation going into the match, Dortmund will really push hard to get something and give it their best should results be against them in the other game, which is very likely. I have a gut instinct Arsenal will frustrate the germans tonight and might possibly keep a clean sheet (I must be dreaming), and after tonights heavy losses im going to take a softer and safer option imo of: Arsenal -0.25 AH 1.850 10/10 :hope Usually ill also shove a few units on over 3.5... but results are being really annoying for me and I think ill leave it for tonight. Its avaliable at around 3.40.

I am surprised by the lack of opinions for CL... Anyway..My bet for wednesday will be Zenit vs Apoel +1AH Apoel. I watched Zenit-Anji at Friday.Zenit suffered from bad final strikes.They missed Kerzhakov and Dani who was not 100% fit.He took part about 20 mins before the end and did nothing special.Zenit's defence also looked out of shape.There were a couple of chances for Anji and only Malafeev's reflexes and a lot of luck helped Zenit's "surviving".I think Apoel is far better side than Anji and their recent form especially in Cl proves my words.Apoel will play defensively and will be waiting to counter attack.If Zenit's defense look that way again the will suffer a lot.I think Apoel won't lose this match.Anyway i won't risk and i will go for+1 which Bet365 values about 2.05 so i will take a shot.:)
Agree with you on APOEL here, They have not lost any of there last 11 Champions League away games by more than 1 goal with a record of 3-4-4. Add to that there decent showings this year and Zenit not being the biggest of scorers i think the 2.075 currently available for APOEL +1AH with Bet365 is a decent bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Dortmund have to win to stand any chance of qualifying,can see draw here and possibly a draw in Marseille although Marseille have a 3 goal head to head v Dortmund which would be hard to overturn in any event.Maybe Dortmund X 2 and Marseille 1 X might be worth 4 doubles with bit of luck a draw might come into it.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Barcelona @ 1.8 - Bet365 Yes, they don't need to win the match here, but Pep and the crew isn't going to have the 'all we need to do is draw here' mindset going into the game. Same thing with AC, they aren't going for draw here either. Sure if the game is tied at around 80th minute, both teams could settle and be satisfied... but I'm expecting goals from this match. I do not expect the game to be tied at that point, hence I'm making a such bet. In the first match, AC Milan was somewhat lucky to score 2 goals (came within first 30 sec and last 30 sec of the match). I do not expect that to happen tonight. Iniesta being out definitely hurts, but Xavi Faby Villa Messi along with Sergio is plenty enough to cause trouble for very predictable AC. Even though the first match ended in draw, AC was massively outplayed. Anyways, yeah I'm expecting the best of the world to show its class tonight. You rarely see these odds for Barcelona and I fully understand why it's higher than usual. Both teams have already qualified and they are playing AC at their home field. But, it's 1,8 and I am willing to go for it. GL folks!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November B.Leverkusen - Chelsea Both teams are inconsistent at the moment and I think that betting on a Win-Draw-Win market is a bit risky. However, B.Leverkusen does not have best of the records against English teams and they only won 2 out of 16 games against Premier League teams and both two wins were at home. Chelsea recorded only 1 win in Germany and that was in 2003/04 UEFA Champions League when they beat Stuttgart 1-0 in the Round of 16. So, the draw is very likely if someone is interested. Meanwhile, I will focus on cards market since the referee for this game is Hungarian Viktor Kassai. This referee is known for showing plenty of cards and in the last 6 games he was in charge he showed 6 or more cards in 5 games and the games where he showed 6 cards the red cards were also shown. He also awards penalty quite often and since both teams are fighting to win the group I have decided to take the following bets. Over 45 Booking Points @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill Red Card @ 4.75 (1 unit) William Hill Penalty Awarded @ 4.33 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Valencia - Genk I don't think odds on Valencia are justified and in my opinion only teams like Barcelona can be priced @ 1.12 in the Champions League. Even though Valencia beat B.Leverkusen and Chelsea at home their defence is not so good and they have conceded goals in both of these games. Moreover in La Liga they have also conceded 10 goals in 7 home games, keeping only 2 clean sheets. If it is ok to concede 3 goals from R.Madrid and 2 from Barcelona, conceding 3 from the bottom placed Racing Santander proves that their defence is not so reliable. Another fact is that Genk played 5 games away to Spanish teams and lost only once during 2002/03 UEFA Champions League group stage when they lost 0-6 to R.Madrid. Their other 4 games against Spanish sides were draws. Both to Score @ 2.62 (2 units) Bet365 Draw @ 7.00 (1 unit) Bet365 ------------------------------------------------- Zenit - APOEL APOEL are doing really well in this Champions League campaign. The Cypriot side is top of the group that includes 3 recent UEFA Europa League winners and they are also unbeaten unlike the other 3 sides. APOEL are also playing well in their domestic league and in their last 10 games in all competitions they have lost only twice and by just 1 goal. Zenit are inconsistent and I can see APOEL taking something from this game, but taking into account the fact that Zenit plays good at home in European competition I can see them snatching a narrow win. APOEL +1 AH @ 2.05 (2 units) Bet365

Valencia - Genk I don't think odds on Valencia are justified and in my opinion only teams like Barcelona can be priced @ 1.12 in the Champions League. Even though Valencia beat B.Leverkusen and Chelsea at home their defence is not so good and they have conceded goals in both of these games. Moreover in La Liga they have also conceded 10 goals in 7 home games, keeping only 2 clean sheets. If it is ok to concede 3 goals from R.Madrid and 2 from Barcelona, conceding 3 from the bottom placed Racing Santander proves that their defence is not so reliable. Another fact is that Genk played 5 games away to Spanish teams and lost only once during 2002/03 UEFA Champions League group stage when they lost 0-6 to R.Madrid. Their other 4 games against Spanish sides were draws. Both to Score @ 2.62 (2 units) Bet365 Draw @ 7.00 (1 unit) Bet365
I can understand the draw as I also tend to believe Genk might manage to defend themselves to get a draw in this stage but I would rather see a 0-0 just like in the previous match between the two. Indeed Valencia conceded goals but Chelsea and Leverkusen have way better attacking power then Genk. Genk did not manage to score any goals agains Chelsea or Leverkusen away and they didn't manage to score against Valencia on home territory . Considering their poor attack away and the fact that their previous encounter finished 0-0, I honestly can't see Genk scoring here (unless they manage to pullout a penalty). I believe a 1-0 or 2-0 is the most likely score here but the odds are just not worthy.

AC.Milan v Barcalona Barca: Iniesta(injury), Adriano(injured) and D. Alves (suspended?? - need confirmation) Milan: Cassano and Mexes (injury) Iniesta and Dani Alves are in my opinion huge outs, as we all know both vital players to Barca. Puyol is expected to be filling in at right back, with Mascherano playing centre back (Abidal can't as Adriano is injured). All in all, I am expecting a fairly slow back line. With Pato returning from injury against Fiorentina off the bench...( looked fairly lively btw), he is expected to start against Barca. Ibra will obviously be eager to take revenge against his former club, and I feel he has taken some pressure off his arrogant self by admitting mid-week that Barca are the best football club in the world, so I'm expecting him to put in a good performance. As Pato is expected to start, I can see alot of creativity showed between the 2, and can see Pato giving the Barca defence some problems with his lightning pace. Also Boateng is expected to start at a trequartista role, somewhere he has looked much of a better player, and can see him running Sergio Busques ragged. Although Barca are the best football team in the world, their form recently has been uncharacteristic, and although they are big favourites to beat Milan, I think A.C can provide an upset, given that they are at their home ground, and always have high expectations in the CL. At odds of 4.70 and 6.00 to win by 1, I think it is worth a punt. AC Milan to beat Barcelona @ 4.70 with >10Bet AC Milan to win by 1 goal @ 6.00 with >Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Milan - Barcelona Both teams have qualified from the group and in my opinion winning the group does not always mean a weaker opponent in the Round of 16, especially since Man.United will most likely finish second in their group and they might be much stronger in February. The first game was an open one but I really don't see the same thing happening here. If Milan was fighting for the qualification spot I would have taken them at these odds. However, both sides have important games in their domestic leagues and I doubt players will take many risks in this game so my prediction is a low scoring draw. Draw & Under 2.5 Goals @ 4.75 (1 unit) William Hill ----------------------------------------------------- Arsenal - B.Dortmund Arsenal are doing really well at the moment and they haven't lost since they were beaten away by Tottenham. They drew against O.Marseille in their last Champions League home game, but Van Persie did not play from the beginning. Moreover, Arsenal have won last 5 home games against Bundesliga teams and in total managed 8 wins with only 1 draw and 1 loss against German sides at home. Arsenal @ 2.20 (3 units) Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Further to what Mustafa said: Arsenal - Borussia - Van Persie to score -2.20 @ William Hill Van Persie is the key player for Arsenal and the Marseille game shows what happens if he doesn't play. He scored plenty of goals in the league but just one in the Champions League so I reckon he will take his chances today.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November hi what people think about the match between Bate borisov v V Plzen? Any chance this match going over 2'5? The reason I thought this match can be over is because both need to win to get the 3 place to play the europe leguea and maybe can be a very open match with no pressure I have this match as part of a 4 multi bet , three win yesterday and have this one left if i win,I Can win just over £100 Don't not what to do ..I may bet on unders just to cover the bet? just in case? sorry about my english cheers and goog luck today

hi what people think about the match between Bate borisov v V Plzen? Any chance this match going over 2'5? The reason I thought this match can be over is because both need to win to get the 3 place to play the europe leguea and maybe can be a very open match with no pressure I have this match as part of a 4 multi bet , three win yesterday and have this one left if i win,I Can win just over £100 Don't not what to do ..I may bet on unders just to cover the bet? just in case? sorry about my english cheers and goog luck today
Bet on unders to be on a safer side :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23rd November Hello guys. I made great profit on Napoli scam yesterday but Man Utd and Benfica surprised everyone with those 2 minutes 2 goals which was probably fixed. Should have played draw there but oh well. Otelul not getting that third goal in second half was amazingly LOL as well. Good that odds on Napoli were so high and that I took those if I may say risks. I will be betting total of 6 games today and will take very careful and if there is such, safe approach :) LEVERKUSEN : CHELSEA Pick - LEVERKUSEN to score 1 or more goals I see very thrilling ending for this group where all 3 teams with have chance to qualify. Also, we witnessed this type of situations in the past of CL. Crowd is nervous and interest for the games is higher. If Chelsea wins tonight, Germans are out because Valencia wont slip the win at home. Crowd is going to be on fire and the least Germans may do is to score 1 goal. VALENCIA : GENK Pick - VALENCIA to win As mentioned above, and taking into consideration that Genk has 0 chances to get in EL as third in this group I don't see them being able to take points in this match. Valencia might calculate with score so we might see first half to be draw or under 3 goals but home will take 3 points in here. ARSENAL : DORTMUND Pick - ARSENAL not to lose Dortmund might won Bayern last weekend but Arsenal havent lost last 8 matches against German teams. To be honest, this is the most risky match tonight because German mentality is not unpredictable. They don't play with heart but with cold head and they are always highly motivated. However they are in desperate situation and their scoring difference of 3/7 is not enough to beat Marseille's strong 4/1. Since I don't see Olympiakos winning tonight and specially not winning by 5 or more goals i believe that Germans will go into tonight's match with will and effort but aware that in last round they are playing in front of their fans to secure 3rd spot in this tough group. SHAKHTAR : PORTO Pick - Total goals 2 or more This group is probably the most surprising in whole CL. What we have here is Apoel who came out from nowhere, not losing last 4 games and hitting the highest odds every round, Zenit who is not effective as expected, demoralized Porto and shadow of last years Shakhtar. Moreover, we got last 2 rounds which are perfect for unexpected outcomes. If Ukranians win tonight and Apoel surprises again we will have 3 teams battling for 2nd and 3rd spot. Sucking lately or not, Ukranians are filled with talented afro-american players and if they take this game as CL goodbye, they might put some show to the fans who are still on the stadium. MARSEILLE : OLYMPIAKOS Pick - Total goals 3 or under Marseille is aware of the group situation and wont kill themselves to win tonight. Olympiakos might count on Arsenal to win and even if they don't and count on themselves I find it hard for them to score at all. All in all French versus Greeks are playing football tonight and it wont be a spectacle not pretty sight. Ineffective teams produce non interesting games. MILAN : BARCELONA Pick - Milan to score 1 or more goals Very high odds on Milan. And I find it strange because Man Utd score calculation was embarrasing and obvious. Every punter knows that Milan wont lose today and that score will unlikely be 0:0 on such great clash of the titans. Barca will calculate because they don't like to play against English teams who rely their football play on physical strenght rather than on skill. So Benfica would be an easy match them in the playoffs. For all those reasons I don't see why Milan wouldn't give at least 1 goal tonight. I suggest everyone not to bet on ZENIT:APOEL tonight. Apoel is just breaking every rule this season and for people like us, who are relying on statistics, sense and such, they are not choice. Good luck everyone!