The Breeders Cup - USA

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA Took 4/1 ante-post for Stacelita and she is still 7/2 with Paddypower and Stan James which seems a good price in the Filly and Mare Turf tonight. She's been over the US for many months now and won well in a Grade 1 contest at Belmont last month, winning nicely by two lengths. Is at her best on grass and any juice in the ground will be ideal considering her French roots and previous form. Group 1 Longchamp winner Nahrain is probably the danger under Frankie and has to be respected but I prefer Stacelita as she's been out here for a while and is perhaps the safest bet to reproduce her best form?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA 8:45 Churchill Downs Sea Moon 2pt win - 9/2 (Ladbrokes) Sarafina 1pt win - 5/2 (Bet365) Await the Dawn 0.5pt win - 8/1 (Ladbrokes) Sea Moon deserves another chance after being given a poor ride in the Leger. Was hugely impressive despite having the race run to suit in the Great Voltigeur over this trip, so is worth another try. He's very lightly raced and appears versatile in regards to ground. Sarafina has to be the danger given her high class form with countless group one performers, though I've always thought she's a bit overrated, the opposition here certainly aren't up to a huge amount over this trip. Await the Dawn although badly outpaced at York (and apparently ill afterwards), has to have another chance over 1m4f. Loves good/firm ground, and although winning over Harris Tweed is his only form over this trip, it was soft that day and he made up ground well on it and is value for further, especially considering HT is a front runner. I backed St Nic in the Arc but it's obvious he was flattered from a good draw and having the run of the race where few got into it. Midday always finds one or two better against the colts, and though she's been remarkably consistent, I don't want to back her at 6/1. Not sure about the American horses but I'll stick with the Euros on turf.

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA Really don't know much about the form but did a few accumulator bets to keep interest for the night. Great tv. 1) Sarafina Place, Union Rags Win, Gio Ponti Place, Havre De Grace Place. 2) Sarafina Place, Union Rags Win, Goldikova Win, Havre De Grace Place. Havre De Grace looks like a filly with less question marks than most - surface, distance, in form, draw etc. So at 9/2 looks worth an each way. I'll be cheering Goldikova all the way but Gio Ponti at 8/1 looks a decent each way.

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA I have backed in 2 of the huge races this year , had Danedream @ 25/1 and had Red Cadeaux e/w @ 50/1, so im going to go at it again and put a lump down tonight!! (even though i know jack shit about american racing) But looking at the form and videos over a few times there are 2 horses that stand out like a sore thumb and i feel that one of them is too big a price not to have a bet on e/w... I think Havre De Grace and To Honor And Serve both have superb chances in this race and i think a lot of people have overlooked To Honor And Serve.. I am having a big e/w bet on To Honor And Serve, this horse will be in the Top 2 or 3 throughout the race wanting a fast pace up top and should be able to pick up late and make the frame, and i think it has a winning chance... Absolutely hacked up at Saratoga two starts back, winning by 8 and 1/4 lengths and last time out won very easily too and had 2 of tonights runners behind, Ruler On Ice and Rattlesnake Bridge. Trainer William Mott is in scintillating form with 4 winners from his last 8 runners and he has won 2 of his last 3 races at Churchill Downs. When Lezcano rides for him at Churchill Downs he is 2/2, a 100% win record... Lezcano has won his last 3 rides at Churchill Downs... The big danger seems to be Havre De Grace who is winning races with real ease and to me looks the biggest danger to my selection... 12/1 IS MASSIVE!! To Honor And Serve - Churchill Downs 11:00 E/W @ 12/1 Bet365 Havre De Grace - Churchill Downs 11:00 WIN @ 9/2 Ladbrokes

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA I don't like this US coverage..........it's all human interest back-stories that are not interesting enough to me It's like the X-Factor or the BBC coverage of the Grand National - :loon And last night's and the early racing today has not been very good - hardly any European horses and that ugly dirt track Oh well - the meeting proper starts now and lasts for 4 races !............:clap

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA

I don't like this US coverage..........it's all human interest back-stories that are not interesting enough to me It's like the X-Factor or the BBC coverage of the Grand National - :loon And last night's and the early racing today has not been very good - hardly any European horses and that ugly dirt track Oh well - the meeting proper starts now and lasts for 4 races !............:clap
Very impressive tun of foot by Caleb's Posse in the last don't you think Trot? Sprouted wings in the last 1/2F.

Re: The Breeders Cup - USA Oh well...........despite what I've said I'm currently leading a competition elsewhere in which we had to pick one horse in each race over the two days and you got 10, 5 and 2 points for the win and places Four races left Here's my last 4....... Sarafina Dullahan Goldikova So You Think Come on my horses !.............:nana

Yeah, I guess he will............I was meaning his Flat career ! Maybe he'll just become 'Assistant trainer'......they were saying that he already does some assistant trainer duties in the business..........
Oh definately.. They are a very close-knit clan, its a big family business, if i were Joseph i would pack it in once i get too big and work for Daddy and make a packet, im sure hes already making a packet already! No point in him risking his life over them fences when you can stay at home and make a fortune! :lol

Yuk the smell of gin is enough to make me :puke i'm on the Bud:nana god bless the yanks for that.
I have Cork Dry Gin, Gordons and Bombay Sapphire in the press.. Me favourite drink!! Currently on the Bombat Sapphire, half the bottle gone since 5pm, hope the rest will be gone before i go to bed! Will down the lot in one go if i get the winner at 11pm :loon Budweiser? You may as well get your knob and piss into your mouth, tastes the same! :lol