maximize.gif Olympique Lyonnais v Real Madrid (19:45 BST) 5 3.6 1.8 103.33 %
maximize.gif Trabzonspor v CSKA Moscow (19:45 BST) 2.5 3.3 2.95 104.20 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Manchester City (19:45 BST) 3.45 3.4 2.2 103.85 %

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November

It's a bit early but after watching Man.City today at Old Trafford the odds look nice. I think they will drop to somewhere around 1.90 in the next weeks.
I was going to take Man city but it looks that the odds have drifted. about 10/11 - EVS is the best you're gonna get now. I dont usually look at the odds early but maybe its time to do so. Inter at home to Lille looks to have good value Benfica 1/3 at home to Basel looks way too short.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Villareal-Manchester City 2 @1,83 8/10 paddy power For me this is a clear match.Villareal is totally out of form.They are just 18th in the Primera Division and now both striker Nilmar ( 2 out of 7 goals) and Rossi ( 3 out of 7 goals),who was injured against Real Madrid and will be out for six months.They are absolutely harmless up front right now. City is playing a brilliant season.They have even beaten United at home and that high.I don't think that they will have that big problems that they had against the Spanish side at home.They have won their first group game,they won at United and should be having much more confident.The big pressure to win is not there like they had it in their home match. City to win is clear to me.I will also put 3/10 on the handicap winand maybe 1/10 on City over 2,5 team goals. GL:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Ajax @ 1.57 Ajax -1 (AH) @ 2(both Pinnacle) Big difference in quality between Ajax and Dinamo. Ajax won with relative ease away in Croatia so shouldn't have too much trouble at home. Dinamo look as though they are out of depth in the competition and have yet to score a goal. Ajax are level with Lyon and need to win this one to maintain a decent chance of qualifying. Dinamo's away record in Europe is poor over the years and I am really confident that they will lose this one. Hard to give much more reasoning than that.

UEFA Champions League - Group A Villarreal - Manchester C According to statistics, we are going for another Man C victory. Man C won here last 7 games well Villarreal lost 3 of her 5 games and is on a wining strike that is going to be hard to stop. UEFA Champions League - Group D - Lyon - Real Madrid so far, the games between teams have led to 56% chance for an under 2.5 . 44% of the games ended in a draw. At the last 4 games between teams, real Madrid has won 2 games in a row (7 goals at 2 games) and 2 draws.

UEFA Champions League - Group B - Inter – Lille Inter and Lille are not on their best times. Both teams haven't shown much at their last games and their last gathering ended in one goal and a week game. hope to see much better at this game.

http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=1039863

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Can see nothing to tempt me in CL tonight, but a couple for Wednesday Inter vs Lille – over 2.5 goals 2.1 at bet365 (2 units) Been on the overs with Inter quite a lot this season and going to give it another go here. Defensively Inter are so poor it’s unbelievable, and they now have another blow in losing Maicon for a few weeks at least. That means it’s likely the full backs will be 2 from either Jonathan, Nagatomo or Chivu which is awful news for them defensively. In the first match a couple of weeks ago between these two teams I thought Lille looked decent going forward especially down the right hand side against Nagaomo and if they can continue that and get something going on the other side of the pitch as well they should be able to get behind this Inter defence and create chances quite easily. Julio Cesar is also still out. With only 2 points from 9 so far Lille will also have to push for the win (which I think is very viable) if they want to keep themselves in this competition. Regardless Inter still possess much talent going forward with the likes of Milito, Pazzini and of course Sneijder and they’ve netted in all 5 of their last matches. Whilst Lille’s defence seems ok, they have conceded in all but one of their away games this season so there is hope for Inter. Villarreal vs Man City – Man City -1 2.63 at Bet Fred (2 units) Villarreal have a major problem attacking wise in this match with all their main strikers (Rossi, Ruben, Nilmar) injured. It should be pretty easy then for City to soak up any pressure and quickly get on the front foot in this match, and with the attacking talent they have you really expect them to get a couple at least a couple of goals here. Other than the attackers, midfielders Senna and Cani and full back Zapata are all missing, and all of whom have featured heavily so far for Villarreal this season. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November So far it's tempting me only Manchester vs. Otelul - Both to Score ? No @ 1,45 Manchester City looks good to catch considering their form, but I'm not sure about their European results so far. Villareal is in a very bad form anyway.

Can see nothing to tempt me in CL tonight, but a couple for Wednesday Inter vs Lille – over 2.5 goals 2.1 at bet365 (2 units)
I like this pick too. As you said Inter's D has been dreadful of late. It's possible that Zanetti will play RB as he is a bit more of a steady player. Lucio and Chivu as CB's should create enough uncertainty for Lille to have some good chances. Due to their situation it is pretty vital for Lille to take something from this match. I don't watch them so can't say with conviction what their chances are. I do think they can score though. Sneijder-Pazz-Zarate should be decent enough to threaten as well.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Man city 8/13 away to villarreal?? They were EVS last time i checked and something like 6/4 before they beat Man utd away... It just seems so crazy that man city have drifted so much. I=I know villarreal needs a win to have any chance of qualifiying and will probably go crazy in attack, but 8/13 for debutants in the CL away? wow. I wish that 6/4 was still avaliable, i was going to take it. Now im thinking about villarreal on handicaps... but seeing what City did to wolves and Utd away recently i dont want to be on the end of a short losing handicap to man city, or i'd start hating them! especially when i lost money backing them against fulham, bayern and napoli they never won, backed utd and wolves in the carling cup nad they won :notworthy

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Benfica Vs. FC Basle Selection: FC Basle @ 13.00 Stan James Stake: 3/10 I think it's worth taking a small punt on FC Basle at huge odds when they face Benfica at the Stadium of Light. When these two teams faced each other in the reverse fixture Basle were priced as slight underdogs (3.50) but in this game they have wrongly, in my opinion, been priced as massive underdogs. I watched the first game and it's true that Benfica came out as deserved 2-0 winners but that's not to say that FC Basle looked poor. In that match both teams looked to go forward but Benfica were able to fashion the better chances. FC Basle have enough quality to create chances and with some good fortune could nick this game. When looking at the group table I feel it's in FC Basle's best interest to look for a win as a draw will most likely see them 3 points behind Man Utd and Benfica with 2 games to go. Both teams are playing well domestically being placed 1st and 2nd in their leagues. Basle have 4-1-0 is their last 5 games with their only loss being against Benfica. Benfica are 5-0-0 in recent form but their last 2 games they have only been able to scrape victories with a 1 goal margin against mediocre teams. I would have thought that more appropriate odds for FC Basle would be 8-9. to win this match. FC Basle nearly beat Man Utd away so I will be having a cheeky bet on them getting a result at 13.00 with Stan James, good luck :hope

I like this pick too. As you said Inter's D has been dreadful of late. It's possible that Zanetti will play RB as he is a bit more of a steady player. Lucio and Chivu as CB's should create enough uncertainty for Lille to have some good chances. Due to their situation it is pretty vital for Lille to take something from this match. I don't watch them so can't say with conviction what their chances are. I do think they can score though. Sneijder-Pazz-Zarate should be decent enough to threaten as well.
Pick Inter -Lille over2.25 Sbobet:1.9 i would add regarding the french side, that balmont is out sort of cambiasso for lille, and both chejou and Basa are doubtfull(starting central defensors) lille only knows to play forward and it s vitale for them to take 3 points or they will be almost out.They played against VA last sunday without those guys during a part of the match and va without striker hit 3 times the post, ok maybe a part of their mind was already in san siro but still think they can sink there. so took earlier inter 2.09 -0.5 still available nearly this price :hope

Man city 8/13 away to villarreal?? They were EVS last time i checked and something like 6/4 before they beat Man utd away... It just seems so crazy that man city have drifted so much. I=I know villarreal needs a win to have any chance of qualifiying and will probably go crazy in attack, but 8/13 for debutants in the CL away? wow. I wish that 6/4 was still avaliable, i was going to take it. Now im thinking about villarreal on handicaps... but seeing what City did to wolves and Utd away recently i dont want to be on the end of a short losing handicap to man city, or i'd start hating them! especially when i lost money backing them against fulham, bayern and napoli they never won, backed utd and wolves in the carling cup nad they won :notworthy
I put BIG stakes on City,also on Handicaps and Villareal not to score.Just look how good City is right now and look at the injury list at Villareal.

I put BIG stakes on City' date='also on Handicaps and Villareal not to score.Just look how good City is right now and look at the injury list at Villareal.[/quote'] Ah, i thought there must have been something thats hit the villarreal squad for the odds to shorten so dramatically. Do you think the villarreal fans will turn up or will they have given hope of qualifying?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Really fancy Man U -2 10/11 and even -3 9/4 with Ladbrokes tomorrow night, they will be out to give this mob a real going over and restore confidence in the camp, will be watching team news closely tomorrow evening before i dive in right enough, also after reading this forum so far i am becoming more inclined to also have a large single on City and possibly -1 :hope Lets take the bookies for a few quid on these 2 lads :drums

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November I'm happy to oppose Bayern Munich, Man City & Real Madrid at such short odds all up against sides from the top leagues around Europe. Whilst Napoli, Villarreal & Lyon aren't in the top bracket of European teams I still think they all possess a certain degree of ability and are all capable of pulling off a "shock result".

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Villareal v City Injuries are Giuseppe Rossi, Nilmar, Marco Ruben, Marcos Senna, Javier Camunas, Cani Cristian Zapata and Angel Lopez. I think Cani especially is a huge loss here because without him Villareal won't have many avenues of attack and I see City having large periods of possesion as a result of these missing midfielders. When Rossi or Nilmar come off usually Ruben or Camunas come on and all 4 are out now to put it in perspective. They are at home with no points and are not a team who plays negative football anyway, and all this adds up to alot of time and space for city's attackers. For this reason I think that all you guys talking about handicaps have a valid point. Goodluck :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Man.United - Otelul As was mentioned during previous rounds Otelul is not a team they were last year. Even though they have won two last games in Romanian League they only managed 3 wins in their last 10 games. It does not matter who Sir Alex will play up front they will still have a strong front line. After Milan dropped points yesterday it is very likely that Barcelona will finish top of their group and I am sure that all teams would want to avoid them in the Round of 16. After dropping points at home against Basel while leading 2-0 after the first half I think that the Red Devils will want to score more goals in order to avoid any surprises and I believe they have enough good players to do so. This bet is rather a speculative one, because I have the feeling that Man.United will destroy Otelul today and score plenty of goals. Man.United Over 5.5 @ 11.00 (1 unit) Bet365

United don't look capable of destroying anyone at the moment. Their form has nosedived dramatically since their blistering start to the season. They just aren't creating enough chances to hammer anyone. Also Young and Cleverly are both out and they have been important players for United. Cleverly was impressive on return against Everton on the weekend, and they will definitely miss his presence in the midfield. This means a recall for Valencia who has looked a shell of his former self since Young arrived. Anderson will also be in the midfield and he too has been putting into some dire performances this season. While there is undoubtedly a gulf in class between these two sides, I don't think Otelul will make life easy for the hosts tonight. The timing of the first goal will be crucial. Until United score, things will be very tense around Old Trafford as they need the win to put themselves in a position to top the group. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 0-0 HT score. I think this will finish Under 2.5 with United winning 2-0.
Uniteds form this season.. Played 16 Won 11 Drawn 4 Lost 1 Apart from the city match, i dont see where this nosedive in form is! Might not be playing as well as at the start of the season but if you look at the results it has been a great season so far for United bar the 1 blip... Also if they can beat Galati by 2 goals away from home, why do you think they cant beat them by more at Old Trafford? I think your under 2.5 bet doesnt have much chance of succeeding personally, and i think it might be 2-0 to United at half time! Far too much class for this Galati outfit

Also if they can beat Galati by 2 goals away from home, why do you think they cant beat them by more at Old Trafford?
Some might argue it wasn't a particularly good performance or deserved win... it took two PENS to win the game, quite late on as well. I don't think Galati have been as bad as what some people have made them out to be.... I, however, can't see any value in anything to do with this game tonight though. You'd want to be backing goals in some way, but it's one of those contests where United should really win four or five nil, but could very easily win by a goal and just get the three points. Because of that, the odds for the overs don't appeal... United - 5.5 AH corners may appeal if Galati dig their heals in. But, United have been playing more centrally this season, and should they get an early goal I can see it becoming a bit of a training exercise.

United needed 2 penalties to beat Galati in the first match. They were comfortably contained for large parts of the game. And United were as dreadful as they have been in many other recent games. Sure the results are still coming in the most part, and that is the main thing, but the performances have really dropped off alarmingly. We are not back to the glory days when we could comfortably count on United scoring 3, 4 or 5 goals in a game. Those were the days when Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo were ripping teams to shreds, and United used to make me a lot of money. I'm sure United will win tonight. But backing Over 2.5 goals at odds shorter than 1/2 on current form is unbelievably stupid. They *might* get there, but I don't think there's anything in the recent performances to suggest United are far more likely than not to score 3+ goals. So the value is on Unders as far as I'm concerned at 2/1.
I agree, United started the season like an express train which is rare for them going on previous years, but the goals and performances have certainly dried up in recent weeks. Aidy, Yiddo was responding to the bet by Mustafa, which looks highly unlikely to me given their recent form, nobody will argue they are doing ok in terms of results but since the Chelsea game at home they have laboured to a 3-3 with Basle, a pretty laboured 2-0 win over Norwich in which they certainly should have conceded and then the Man City game. They didn't play well in any of these. I'm not sure I would even have that much confidence in them winning this to nil. I wouldn't do that bet Mustafa to be honest, I think its a case of trying to find a bet rather than one appealing to you. GL if you do. Think there are even more traps in the games tonight than there were last night, which is saying something..

I wouldn't do that bet Mustafa to be honest' date=' I think its a case of trying to find a bet rather than one appealing to you. GL if you do. Think there are even more traps in the games tonight than there were last night, which is saying something..[/quote'] My main bet for tonight is Man.City to win with large stakes which I took about a week ago @ 2.00 so the Man.United bet is more like fun, so my main bet which will most likely win should cover any loses from my second bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November Inter-Lille = 1(2.10) bet365 stake 4 / 10 Inter position 1° points 6 Lille position 4° points 2 Preview: Inter: Injured: Maicon, Julio Cesar, Walter Samuel, Coutinho, Luca Caldirola, Yuto Nagatomo; in doubt: Thiago Motta, Wesley Sneijder. Lille: Injured: Basa, Balmont, Aurélien Chedjou. Inter has a score of w2-d0-l1 goals scored 4 goals against 3 while the Lille has a score of w0-d2-l1 goals scored 3 goals against 4. The only thing to save in the first half of the season for Inter is the qualifying round of the Champions League as higher system in the league is very much on top of the table, offering mind-blowing performance, and often disastrous. The Lille in the league is doing very well being in third place in the standings, but instead shows some difficulties in the Champions League will face Inter Milan tonight with some very important absences. So in the end I think Inter can make his own the game. :hope:hope:hope