NFL Week 7

Rob the I ty

I must say there isn't much that catches my eye this week. KC +6 The Chiefs were improving as they got to the bye week. Their first few games left them shell shocked losing their best player in Charles and losing arguably their best defensive player in Berry. They came back and beat the Vikings at home and roared back from 17 @Indy. The Raiders will turn to Carson Palmer who inexplicably was picked up for 2 1st rounders by Oakland. Palmer was struggling mightily the past couple of seasons. I don't think he will be able to come in and sling it. Defensively the Raiders have been poor giving up 280+ ypg through the air. Cassel has been getting better each week. These teams usually play close games between each other and coming off the bye the Chiefs will have been rested with a solid game plan.

Re: NFL Week 7 TB -3 @2.40 The Bears are being over estimated here. They played well last week but the Vikes were ill prepared defensively, dropped passes early on offense and had a terrible special teams performance. The Bucs are quietly 4-2 and there defense has been stingy at home. QB Josh Freeman has been getting his groove back after a slow start. The Bears will be coming off a bit of a let down after Sunday night and I expect the Bucs to play sound football at home. The Bucs secondary can handle the Bears receivers so this gives the Bucs the chance to bring pressure if needed and attack the Bears porous OLine. The spread is low and there's nice value in selling this up to 3 points.

Re: NFL Week 7 Rob, remember the Bucs aren't actually playing in Tampa this weekend - they're at Wembley :ok I actually like them to win anyway tbh though - they flew over on Monday whereas the Bears only flew yesterday. When the Bucs played the Pats the other year they only flew late in the week and got pummelled, and they specifically said this year they were going to learn the lesson. I fancy the Bucs can pull away when the Bears start to tire in the later stages.

Re: NFL Week 7 Denver @ 2.01 Denver by 43+ @ 501 Both Paddy, and yes, the last one is probably the biggest reach since McDaniels drafted Tebow! This might be the Tebow groupie in me but I'm all over Denver this weekend. Yeah, his throwing mechanics suck and he fumbled 3 snaps under centre in a half, but Tebow's a gamer, and this is just the perfect way to start Tebow time. Returning to Miami, his Gator team being honored, Miami unofficially sucking for Luck. Additionally, Miami are off a short week, with Bush, Thomas and Marshall in various states of being banged up. Contrast that, Denver off a bye week, a real gamer under centre in frankly the most favourable away conditions you could possibly ask for. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Sun Life started cheering for Tebow! I think the Broncos and Tebow are very lucky here, whilst the Dolphins try to get lucky themselves ;)

Re: NFL Week 7 Arizona Cardinals Vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Selection: Pittsburgh - 6.5 @ 2.29 Centrebet Stake: 9/10 This bet really jumped out to me in this weekends NFL fixture list as being good value. I really don't rate the 1-4 Cardinals and feel that the 4-2 Steelers should win this clash by at least a touchdown. The Cardinals behind QB Kevin Kolb are coming off a bye week but lost miserably last time out to the lowly Minnesota Vikings (1-5) 34-10. Kolb threw 2 interceptions in that game and was benched with a QB rating of 46.9. Other than star receiver Larry Fitzgerald the Arizona Cardinals do not have that many offensive weapons. Running back Beanie Wells is being projected as potentially having a good game but I think the Steelers defence will be able to shut him down. Arizona's stats for the year are: 16th in passing, 21st in rushing, 20th in opponents passing, and 20th in opponents rushing. The Steelers are coming off a subdued 17-13 against Jacksonville where they failed to beat the handicap. After rushing to 17-0 lead the Steelers took their foot off the gas and they ended up just scraping through with the victory. A potential reason for this is that QB Ben Roethlisberger was carrying a foot injury into the game and was not was not fully healthy. The Pittsburgh offense has have the both ability to pass and run the ball with RB Rashard Mendenhall putting up some good numbers this year. The best part of the Pittsburgh game however is their notorious defense which is one of the best in the NFL. Pittsburgh numbers for the year are: 12th in passing, 11th in rushing, 1st in opponents passing, and 15th in opponents rushing. With Pittsburgh being the better team and having more to play for I see them winning this game comfortably by at least a TD. Good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 7 Minnesota Vikings Vs. Green Bay Packers Selection: Green Bay Packers - 9 @ 2.02 Pinnacle Stake: 8/10 I can't see past the Packers this weekend when they face their divisional rivals the Minnesota Vikings but the real question is by how much will they win? Green Bay who won the Super Bowl last season have been a model of consistency this year. The Packers are coming off a 24-3 victory against the Saint Louis Rams where they dominated the first half. Green Bay are now looking to go 7-0 behind Aaron Rodgers who has the best QB numbers out of anyone this season. The Minnesota Vikings are in a state of transition and will start rookie QB Christian Ponder on Sunday. This change at QB comes after an embarrassing 39-10 loss against the Chicago Bears where the team as a whole were awful. I don't think the change at QB is going to make much of a difference to the 31st rated passing attack of the Vikings. Minnesota will be relying on their star running back Adrian Peterson to give them hope this weekend but I don't think one man will be able to overcome the Green Bay Packers defense. Green Bay are 4th in rushing yards conceded per game and if Minnesota fall behind early then they will have to rely more heavily on their weak passing game to try and keep pace. These two teams are experiencing very different seasons in terms of success and I think this trend to continue. The Packers to go 7-0 and cover the handicap, good luck. :hope

Re: NFL Week 7 Cleveland Browns Vs. Seattle Seahawks Selection: Under 40.5 Points @ 2.03 Pinnacle Stake: 8/10 I expect a low scoring affair when the Seattle Seahawks travel to face the Cleveland Browns this Sunday. Both teams go into the game with 2-3 records and the match is considered to be almost even with Cleveland being slight favorites due to home field advantage. My prediction is that the game will be tight with neither team fielding many offensive threats and both being stronger defensively. Seattle have traditionally struggled when playing in the Eastern timezone and may struggle to score. I think the Seahawks though will look to run the ball behind RB Marshawn Lynch as Cleveland are ranked 27th in opponent rushing yards per game and 4th in opponent passing yards per game. Cleveland on the other hand may look to throw the ball as RB Peyton Hillis is questionable and the Seattle defense is better at stopping the run. However, Cleveland QB Colt McCoy has only thrown 8 TD's this season. In points scored per game these two teams are averaging 18.8 and 18.2 points respectively ranking them 27th and 28th out of 32 teams in the NFL. In defense however the teams are ranked 10th and 13th in the NFL averaging 23.4 and 24.4 points per game. I think either team could end up not putting many points on board so I am willing to bet on under 40.5 with Pinnacle at 2.03, good luck. :hope

Re: NFL Week 7 Jacksonville Jaguars Vs. Baltimore Ravens Selection: Baltimore Ravens - 8.5 @ 2.00 Centrebet Stake: 8/10 The Jacksonville Jaguars face the Baltimore Ravens at EverBank Field in this week's MNF clash. It is a game where the 4-1 Ravens are heavily favored against the lowly 1-5 Jags. The price on Baltimore has been plummeting since the bookmakers put out their spread bets but thankfully I found that Centrebet had yet to properly revise their 'pick your own line' odds. I found it rather amusing that they were offering Baltimore - 9 @ 1.91 but Baltimore - 8.5 @ 2 :lol. Anyways back to the game, Baltimore are one of the best teams in the NFL and are ranked 3rd in the ESPN power rankings. Baltimore are coming off a convincing 29-14 win against the Houston Texans where QB Joe Flacco had an improved performance. Flacco's completion rate going into the game ranked as one of the worst in the NFL but he showed signs of improvement throwing for 305 yards with 20/33 passes made. In RB Ray Rice they are able to facilitate the ground game allowing them to be both effective rushing and through the air. I believe Baltimore will find enough holes in the Jags defense to put up a few TD's. Jacksonville are ranked 29th in the ESPN power rankings and are really struggling to put points on the board this season. To put it in perspective the Jags are ranked last in the NFL (32nd) in points per game, scoring on average 12 ppg. The next worst team in that category, the Minnesota Vikings, are averaging 20.2 ppg! The Ravens have one of the best defenses in the NFL so I don't see these numbers improving on Monday night. Rookie QB Blaine Gabbert only threw for 109 yards in last weekends clash against the Steelers. The Jags are better defensively but when they put up so few points it doesn't take a huge score by the opposition for them to clear the handicap. If Baltimore continue with their very strong defense, and improved offense, then I think they will beat Jacksonville convincingly here. I think Centrebet's offer of evens for the Baltimore - 8.5 victory represents good value. As such I will be taking them on, good luck. :hope

Re: NFL Week 7 NY Jets - San Diego under 42.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle The Jets average just 216 passing yards and 81 rushing yards on offence, and though they have scored at least 21 points in 5 of their 6 games, they have yet to face a defence as good as what the Chargers have. San Diego allows 180 passing yards and 114 rushing yards per game, and with the Jets struggling to pass the ball, expect them to put plenty of pressure on QB Sanchez. San Diego averages 293 passing yards and and 123 rushing yards on offence, but expect Rivers to have problems on throwing on this good Jets secondary that allows just 201 passing yards per game. Can see the Chargers running it more, as the Jets allow 132 rushing yards per game. However the Jets defence has been good at home, allowing 3 points to the Jaguars and 6 points to the Dolphins, so they do not give much away at home, and this is the best defence that the Chargers will have faced this season. Can see this being a low scoring game. Tampa Bay - Chicago over 44.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Tampa Bay averages 239 passing yards and 112 rushing yards per game, and they are coming off passing for 302 yards and running for 117 yards in the 26-20 win over New Orleans. Like them to do well as there good OL should give the offence time to pass and run on this Chicago defence that allows 275 passing yards and 122 rushing yards per game. Though they allowed just 53 rushing yards to Minnesota, they also gave up 276 passing yards as their secondary has been hit of late. Chicago's offence averages 224 passing yards and 104 rushing yards per game but they did well against Minnesota last week where they had 267 passing yards and 119 rushign yards in the 38-10 win over them. Can see them having similar success to what New Orleans had last week, as they were able to pass for 383 yards on this TB defence, more than their average 276 yards per game, and though they had only 70 rushing yards, they do allow 115 yards per game. Neither defence has been playing that well and can see them both scoring points in London. Oakland - Kansas over 41.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle While Oakland averages 213 passing yards per game, they prefer to run the ball where they average 160 yards per game. Boller starts at QB and did well last week when he came on, and with the Kansas secondary allowing 250 passing yards per game, as well as 120 rushing yards per game, then like the Raiders to score points on them. Oakland have scored at least 23 points in 5 of their 6 games so far this season while Kansas have allowed at least 20 points in 4 of their 5 games. Kansas allowed Indianapolis to pass for 277 yards and run for 78 yards but expect this Oakland side for run to much more. Kansas averags 176 passing yards as well as 127 rushing yards per game but had 257 passing yards and 194 rushing yards in the 28-24 win over the Colts. Oakland allows 284 passing yards and 113 rushing yards per game, so can see the Chiefs having similar production here. After losing key players in Charles and Bowe, Kansas has gradually been getting their offence to improve and can see them scoring on this Oakland defence that has allowed at least 20 points in 5 of their last 6 games Green Bay -13.5 @ 2.64 centrebet Green Bay averages 326 passing yards and 98 rushing yards per game, and though Minnesota should stifle the run as they allow just 84 yards per game, their secondary is giving up yardage and points, averaging 270 passing yards per game. GB cruised last week against St Louis last week, and though they did not score to maintain the 24-3 halftime score, they always looked in control and were probably thinking about this game. Minnesota allowed 267 passing yards and 119 rushing yards in the 39-10 loss to Chicago, so can see GB doing even better here. GB's defence allows 301 passing yards and 83 rushing yards per game, and with a rookie QB starting for Minnesota, expect them to come for him. Minnesota will look to Peterson to run the ball as they average 142 rushing yards per game but GB has a good rush defence to keep him in check, much like Chicago did last week, as they held him to 39 yards last week. Rivalry game and like the Packers to maintain their unbeaten record with a comfortable win. Dallas -16.5 @ 2.56 centrebet Dallas averages 325 passing yards and just 85 rushing yards per game and like them to follow Green Bay's lead who had 310 passing yards, and pass all over this St Louis secondary that allows 242 passing yards as well as 162 rushing yards per game. The Rams have injuries in defence that were exposed last week and believe that they will do well for the whole game, unlike the Packers who only did enough on offence in the first half to win the game. Dallas allows an average of 238 passing yards and a league best 70 rushing yards per game, so can see them strifling this St Louis defence that is likely to have rookie Freely at QB. The Rams average just 211 passing yards and 98 rushing yards per game, so hard to see them getting much production here Record: 17-22 (+1.83)

Re: NFL Week 7 Three I really like this week, just taking the standard lines at 10/11 as not had much of a chance to have a proper look at the extended lines available Steelers -3.5 to beat Cardinals Broncos pk to beat Dolphins Cowboys -13.5 to beat Rams I've had 2pt singles on those, except 2.5pts on Pitt, and 1pt on Buccaneers @ 11/10 to beat Bears Jets @ Evs to beat Chargers and a daft 0.5pt on the 5-team acca at 58/1 9pts staked in total Good luck guys

Re: NFL Week 7 Matt Ryan under 255.5 passing @ 1.72 bwin He just hasn’t passed it well recently and th e Falcons have looked to the running game. The loss of Julio Jones to injury has been a big blow and really limits their downfield big threat. Big line to cover against a good Lions defence and he hasn’t looked like doing it recently. Michael Turner over 82.5 rushing @ 1.87 bodog Goes hand in hand with Ryan mostly. The Falcs have ran it a lot recently, and the Lions defence has been susceptible to RBs Matt Stafford over 283.5 passing @ 1.83 Bl Sq With no Jahved Best the Lions should pass it even more, not that they wouldn’t have done anyway. Stafford has looked quality this season and I see him passing over 300 at least. Calvin Johnson over 93.5 receiving @ 1.83 Paddy Power Goes hand in hand with Stafford. Has looked a serious threat all season and received 100+ last couple of games. Matt Forte over 39.5 receiving @ 1.87 Bodog Always such a duel threat, I’ve noticed that the Bucs have problems against RBs receiving the ball. He’ll get the opportunities and this line looks a little low. Ernest Graham over 72.5 rushing @ 1.87 Bodog Had a nice game last week, will get most of the carries and the Bears def has looked dodgy against the run this year. I can see him rushing close to 100 here. Brandon Marshall over 72.5 receiving @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Matt Moore will go looking for him a lot today, most of the passes will be heading his way. Looks a low line for someone of his quality. Mark Sanchez under 227.5 passing @ 1.91 Skybet Sanchez has looked awful recently and the SD defence wont be easy for him to crack here. Look to the jets to ground and pound it again here and I expect Sanchez’s yardage to be low. Mashawn Lynch over 60.5 rushing @ 1.87 Bodog With Whitehurst as QB, the Hawks will surely have to be looking to run it today. Lynch has been inconsistent this season, but the Browns def can be ran on, and a line of 60.5 does look low to me. Colt McCoy over 220.5 passing @ 1.87 Bodog He consistently puts in yardage of over 200 every week, and the Seahawks defence is poor against the pass. With doubts surrounding Hillis then I would expect them to air it more this week and 220.5 isn’t really that much of a high line. Fred Davis over 49.5 receiving @ 1.87 Bodog There is no Chris Cooley for competition here due to injury. Davis is the no1 TE now for the Skins and has been catching a lot of balls this season. Looks a low line for him based on his numbers so far this year. Christian Ponder over 187.5 passing @ 1.83 Paddy Power The packers will likely be ahead for most of this match and probably have to air it a bit towards the end. I think for the most part the Packers will keep AP in check and this does look a low line for a QB facing a packers defences which has given up big numbers to mediocre QBs so far this year. All bets flat 4pt stake Best of luck everyone :ok

Re: NFL Week 7 I've got the Dolphins...going to OT...with the score 12-0 after a TD with 14:54 to go, they go for 2, and fail. I knew it was going to be costly. These idiot coaches always pull this crap. They've kept the Broncos from scoring all day, now they're thinking in terms of not getting beat by two TDs? And anyway, with an entire quarter left to play???! The extra point taken then was automatic. Take your points, dumbass. You'd have found yourself up 16-0 after the FG and at least forced Tebow to make two TDs and two 2-point conversions. Christ.

Re: NFL Week 7

Minnesota Vikings Vs. Green Bay Packers Selection: Green Bay Packers - 9 @ 2.02 Pinnacle Stake: 8/10
Minnesota Vikings 27 - 33 Green Bay Packers Very disappointed with the handicap victory losing. :sad Aaron Rodgers was his usual brilliant self and Green Bay as a whole played very well. Minnesota's Rookie Christian Ponder made a sterling effort in a good game to watch. My disappoint comes from what I see as being a very bad personal foul call against Green Bay in Minnesota's last scoring drive. :wall Hate how NFL calls can be so subjective yet influential in the result of a game. Guess you can't win them all though and I've had a good weekend so shouldn't complain too much! :p

Three I really like this week, just taking the standard lines at 10/11 as not had much of a chance to have a proper look at the extended lines available Steelers -3.5 to beat Cardinals Broncos pk to beat Dolphins Cowboys -13.5 to beat Rams I've had 2pt singles on those, except 2.5pts on Pitt, and 1pt on Buccaneers @ 11/10 to beat Bears Jets @ Evs to beat Chargers and a daft 0.5pt on the 5-team acca at 58/1 9pts staked in total Good luck guys
Plenty winners in here so far, well done guys :clap For me, 4 from 5, 3/3 for my main bets - and I'll convince myself I was only a fit Earnest Graham away from the sweep and a big acca :lol Record: 12-24 (-7.33) Saints v Colts - Over 54.5 - 1pt @ 2.55 Bet365 I fancy a bit of a tear up in the late game tonight. The Saints will be looking for, demanding, a reaction to last week's disappointment, and they could barely face a better side to be up against with Luckbowl hopefuls the Colts. I'd expect Brees to be pushing 400yds tonight, and with his array of weapons I can see a 40+ pt performance from them. The Saints however are none too mean in defense, allowing over 360 offensive yards a game, and the Colts can put the requisite points on the scoreboard to bring this bet in. 44-23 is my bold prediction for final score :loon

Re: NFL Week 7 NY Jets - San Diego under 42.5 @ 2.01 :( Turnovers lead to points Tampa Bay - Chicago over 44.5 @ 2.06 :( Drives stall when both QBs give up 6 INTs Oakland - Kansas over 41.5 @ 2.03 7 :( Another game where an above average number of INTs (total of 8 in this game) prevent teams from driving to score Green Bay -13.5 @ 2.64 7 :( Led by 16 points at the start of the 4th quarter and once again relaxed. Defence is giving up far too many yards and points, while they like to take it easy once they have at least a 2 TD lead. Dallas -16.5 @ 2.56 7 :D Baltimore -16.5 @ 3.00 centrebet Baltimore averages 246 passing yards and 123 rushing yards per game while Jacksonville allows 210 passing yards and 115 rushing yards per game. Like Rice to do well here as the Jags have allowed 185 rushing yards to Pittsburgh last week, and also allowed 177 yards to New Orleans. Also like Flacco to do well here as he should get plenty of time to find his WRs once Rice gives them so momentum. Baltimore's defence allowes 210 passing yards and just 77 rushing yards per game, and with the Jags committed to running the ball then hard to see them doing well here as the Ravens are very good at closing the gaps at the line. This will force the rookie QB Gabbert to pass the ball, and he is up against a very good pass rush that will not give him much time to find his targets. Baltimore have scored at least 29 points in their 4 wins and won by at least 15 points in each of these wins. Jacksonville averages just 12 points per game and hard to see them getting many points here as a fresh Ravens defence should have the time and energy to stop their offence. While the Baltimore defence will be rested as their own offence runs the ball on the Jags, the Jags defence will not get much rest as their offence will find itself going 3 and out on too many occasions. Record: 18-26 (-0.61)

Jacksonville Jaguars 12 - 7 Baltimore Ravens What an awful game to watch! :puke Both offenses were atrocious but credit to Jacksonville for pulling off the upset win.
As a Ravens fan I've got to say I'm embarrassed by our offence tonight. I think it's the worst it's ever played that I can remember, we didn't even get a single 1st down in the 1st half thats how bad it was. Im at a loss as to why we were so bad. We haave put some some very encouraging numbers this season, yet somehow lost against the Titans and Jags who are basically two complete sack of shit teams. We should be 6-0 yet are 4-2. Can only think we get far too complacent when facing crap teams. Tonight should've been an easy win against an awful Jags outfit but the play calling and offence just weren't there. Extremely dissappointing.

Re: NFL Week 7 Yeah Looked like Jacksonville had really done there homework on Baltimore. They couldn't change things,just repeated the same plays.Flaco didn't look very mobile,got to give it to the jags, the coverage downfield was suberb,just nowhere to throw safely.having said all that the ravens couldn't adjust. very dissapointed myself, didn't have a bet on this game but have them anti post to win conference. some of the insane penalties given away by some players in vital siuations in games this season have been bad.