Saturday 8 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Rochdale (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.6 3.5 100.79 %
maximize.gif Bury v Exeter City (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.5 3.75 100.69 %
maximize.gif Carlisle United v Brentford (15:00 BST) 2.38 3.6 3.3 100.10 %
maximize.gif Charlton Athletic v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.69 4 6 100.84 %
maximize.gif Colchester United v Yeovil Town (15:00 BST) 1.85 3.8 5 100.37 %
maximize.gif Huddersfield Town v Stevenage (15:00 BST) 1.72 4 5.5 101.32 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Leyton Orient (15:00 BST) 1.82 3.9 5 100.59 %
maximize.gif Sheffield Wednesday v Chesterfield (15:00 BST) 1.73 4.1 5.6 100.05 %
maximize.gif Wycombe Wanderers v Walsall (15:00 BST) 2.51 3.45 3.1 101.08 %
Sunday 9 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Notts County v Hartlepool United (16:30 BST) 2.1 3.6 4 100.40 %
Monday 10 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Oldham Athletic v Milton Keynes Dons (19:45 BST) 3.4 3.4 2.37 100.93 %

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Carlisle V Brentford Brentford +0.25 @ 10/11 (Pinnacle) 3 Units I feel Brentford can get somekind of result in this match, they're priced relatively long odds here at 23/10 outright and I would speculate this is mainly due to their last league match where they were thumped 0-4 at home to Huddersfield. Interestingly we have a partial barometer in place of how this defeat affected the Bee's with the midweek JPT game at Charlton. Rosler made 4 or 5 changes to the team that lost to Huddersfield and Brentford came away from the Valley with a 0-3 victory. Ofcourse we must view the league and JPT as seperate entities but I think it demonstrates that Brentford did not suffer a dressing room hangover from the Huddersfield game. Another factor behind my reasoning here is Brentford's away league record this year: W4 D0 L1 F6 A3, so far Rosler's side have preferred playing away from home perhaps this is due to there being less pressure. Carlisle on the other hand also seem to prefer playing away from home where I believe they have lost only once in the league. Carlisle's home league record is less impressive and reads: W2 D0 L3 F5 A9. Brentford have a few personnel missing at the momment, Niall McGinn and Marcus Bean will be absent tommorow due to international call-ups. This would be significant for teams will smaller squads but one of Brentfords main strengths is they have a big squad with fierce competition for places. Whoever comes into replace will go the extra yard to try and gain a regular first team position and it also gives Rosler options to freshen when things go awry. Carlisle will be without centre-back Lubo Michalik who is also on international duty and the stats reveal Carlisle have lost all 3 league games they've played this season without Michalik. To summarise I wouldn't expect an Uwe Rosler side to lose 2 league games on the bounce and the maths suggest this game will most likely end in stalemate. Brentford's strong away record and Carlisle's poor home record help add weight to the argument in favour of Brentford here.

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Sheffield Wednesday AH-0.75 1.93 Pinnacle 4/10 Sheffield has a run now. At home they are pretty strong and they like to score (5 wins 13:4 goals). Chesterfield away from home is nothing special, one win at Bournemouth...lost to Rochdale, Exeter, Tranmere and Charlton (7:13 goals). Against strong teams they lost all matches with at least two goals difference (Preston, MK Dons, Charlton) and I would consider Sheffield as a strong team...odds are fair, but not outstanding. What puts me off a little bit is the fact that this match is a derby, but I don´t know anything about the degree of rivalry between the teams. Maybe someone can help...

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10

What puts me off a little bit is the fact that this match is a derby' date=' but I don´t know anything about the degree of rivalry between the teams. Maybe someone can help...[/quote'] Wish I could help but I didn't even realise it was a derby! Looking at the map they are clearly in close proximity although Chesterfield is nearer to Utd than Wednesday. I'm not sure about any historical clash between the two but you would think Chesterfield could feel they are in the shadow of the two Sheffield clubs and it might galvanise them a little more than usual but this is pure speculation on my part. You could also speculate that Wednesday probably couldn't care less about Chesterfield and don't even view them as rivals. We need the Wednesday and Chesterfield fans on here to replace my useless claptrap with some solid facts! Where the hell is everyone anyway? No premier league or championship and it's like a ghost town in the UK & Irish forum.

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Bournemouth vs Rochdale Home side played poor at home this season while Rochdale played poor away. Both have 1 win and 4 defeats in the mentioned type of games. The CHerries got attacking midfielder Fogden from Havant and Waterlooville. Partington and Symes are coming from injuries but will be on the bench. Seems that striker Ball will return to his club Peterborough and this could be his last game for Rochdale. I expect him to score here. Do not think that CHerries can continue their good form as I do not think Rochdale can continue their miserable away form. away +0.5 AH @ 1.77 Pinnacle Sports

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Carlisle vs Brentford I think that Brentford will try to come in the first places and will give everything to win in this game. But Carlisle is not an easy to take team, especially home. They have beaten Brentford in the final of Johnstone's Paint Trophy and might have an ascendent morale against the Bees. But I still rate the Bees as one of the best teams in the League,d espite being thrashed by the big names here. away +0.25 AH @ 1.83 with Instant Action Sports

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Charlton vs Tranmere After the 0-3 against Brentford, Charlton will try to chnage its face by beating Tranmere. They are leaders in League One and could go on a higher difference in the stats if they manage to get 3 points here. Tranmere always cretd problems to Charlton being undefeated in last 2 games in London. I think Charlton can win and will do it. home -0.75 AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Huddersfield vs Stevenage Stevenage can do it here, I am pretty sure. The fact that they have been defeated 3 times in a row and eliminated from the cup I think makes me consider clearly they will put a lot in this game. Huddersfield is impressive overalll, but less impressive if you watch them game by game. They are close to a defeat, after many games. I will go for Stevenage as this could be the bomb of the month! away +0.75 AH @ 2.01 with 188bet

Wish I could help but I didn't even realise it was a derby! Looking at the map they are clearly in close proximity although Chesterfield is nearer to Utd than Wednesday. I'm not sure about any historical clash between the two but you would think Chesterfield could feel they are in the shadow of the two Sheffield clubs and it might galvanise them a little more than usual but this is pure speculation on my part. You could also speculate that Wednesday probably couldn't care less about Chesterfield and don't even view them as rivals. We need the Wednesday and Chesterfield fans on here to replace my useless claptrap with some solid facts! Where the hell is everyone anyway? No premier league or championship and it's like a ghost town in the UK & Irish forum.
They're all in the General Chat thread reading 'Benefits of a new job.' :lol

Carlisle V Brentford Brentford +0.25 @ 10/11 (Pinnacle) 3 Units I feel Brentford can get somekind of result in this match, they're priced relatively long odds here at 23/10 outright and I would speculate this is mainly due to their last league match where they were thumped 0-4 at home to Huddersfield. Interestingly we have a partial barometer in place of how this defeat affected the Bee's with the midweek JPT game at Charlton. Rosler made 4 or 5 changes to the team that lost to Huddersfield and Brentford came away from the Valley with a 0-3 victory. Ofcourse we must view the league and JPT as seperate entities but I think it demonstrates that Brentford did not suffer a dressing room hangover from the Huddersfield game. Another factor behind my reasoning here is Brentford's away league record this year: W4 D0 L1 F6 A3, so far Rosler's side have preferred playing away from home perhaps this is due to there being less pressure. Carlisle on the other hand also seem to prefer playing away from home where I believe they have lost only once in the league. Carlisle's home league record is less impressive and reads: W2 D0 L3 F5 A9. Brentford have a few personnel missing at the momment, Niall McGinn and Marcus Bean will be absent tommorow due to international call-ups. This would be significant for teams will smaller squads but one of Brentfords main strengths is they have a big squad with fierce competition for places. Whoever comes into replace will go the extra yard to try and gain a regular first team position and it also gives Rosler options to freshen when things go awry. Carlisle will be without centre-back Lubo Michalik who is also on international duty and the stats reveal Carlisle have lost all 3 league games they've played this season without Michalik. To summarise I wouldn't expect an Uwe Rosler side to lose 2 league games on the bounce and the maths suggest this game will most likely end in stalemate. Brentford's strong away record and Carlisle's poor home record help add weight to the argument in favour of Brentford here.
As a Brentford fan, i was going to post pretty much the same as you :ok I was at the Charlton match and we played some brilliant football..it looked like Uwe's plans are finally falling into place. BOTH teams made changes since it's "just" the JPT , but what the result did show was that our squad has some real depth & quality!! We are playing brilliantly away from home only lost to Sheff Utd away winning all the rest !! We seem to play 451 away from home ..soak up the pressure then hit the oppo on the counter attack. I'd probably go for the unders too, the last three away wins being 0-2 (Oldham -with a man sent off) 0-1 (Wallsal) & 0-1 (Wycombe)

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Bury vs. Exeter - Home Win @ 2,15 Two teams with bad results and both coming after victories in League 1. Anyway, I think Bury will represent more value since they play at home. Exeter won 2:0 at home against Oldham while Bury won 3:1 away to Yeovil. Exeter is worse team away so far with no goal scored in 5 games drawing once and losing 4 times. Can't say Bury is very pleasant at home either, but I think I'll take my chances with Bury to win this by a small margin. Also better squad news for Bury, with captain Steven Schumacher fit to play today. Shane Byrne and Mark Hughes are also possible starting players today. Exeter on the other hand will have Richard Duffy out injured, Troy Archibald-Henville suspended and Jake Taylor on international duty. John O'Flynn and Liam Sercombe could start on the bench but they are not fully fit. Considering Exeter's selection difficulties and away record I think Bury has a good chance today. Opinions ?

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Think i will go for a double this afternoon, Charlton and Sheff Wednesday both to win. Strong teams, especially at home and they are playing weaker opposition, odds are 2.78 which seems like good value. GL guys :hope:hope:hope

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 I'm a Chesterfield fan and will be off to the game in a while. The fact it's a derby of sorts doesn't cloud my view that we'll do very well to get anything from this game. We may have 3,500 fans at the game but I fear the worst. I'll be backing us to lose but be delighted to lose my bets. Sheffield Wednesday -1 Asian Handicap for me which is 11/10 with my usual Bet365. I also fancy the obvious choices of Charlton and Hudderfield to win.

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 As a Sheffield Wednesday fan I for one will be hoping that we can get all three points in this match. This is a derby match but is nowhere near the size of the Steel City derby (Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd). It will be a tough game and the fact that one of our best midfielders in John Sheridan is now the boss at Chesterfield will spice it up. There will be a big crowd although I will take it from chambta that they will be bringing 3,500 fans and make a noise, I hope we can continue our impressive home form and continue to climb the league. I never bet for or against my beloved Owls but the odds are certainly interesting. Sheff Wed to score both halves 2.5 at William Hill Sheff Wed win 1st half/ Sheff Wed win 2nd half 4.2 at William Hill Good luck to all :hope

Carlisle V Brentford Brentford +0.25 @ 10/11 (Pinnacle) 3 Units I feel Brentford can get somekind of result in this match, they're priced relatively long odds here at 23/10 outright and I would speculate this is mainly due to their last league match where they were thumped 0-4 at home to Huddersfield. Interestingly we have a partial barometer in place of how this defeat affected the Bee's with the midweek JPT game at Charlton. Rosler made 4 or 5 changes to the team that lost to Huddersfield and Brentford came away from the Valley with a 0-3 victory. Ofcourse we must view the league and JPT as seperate entities but I think it demonstrates that Brentford did not suffer a dressing room hangover from the Huddersfield game. Another factor behind my reasoning here is Brentford's away league record this year: W4 D0 L1 F6 A3, so far Rosler's side have preferred playing away from home perhaps this is due to there being less pressure. Carlisle on the other hand also seem to prefer playing away from home where I believe they have lost only once in the league. Carlisle's home league record is less impressive and reads: W2 D0 L3 F5 A9. Brentford have a few personnel missing at the momment, Niall McGinn and Marcus Bean will be absent tommorow due to international call-ups. This would be significant for teams will smaller squads but one of Brentfords main strengths is they have a big squad with fierce competition for places. Whoever comes into replace will go the extra yard to try and gain a regular first team position and it also gives Rosler options to freshen when things go awry. Carlisle will be without centre-back Lubo Michalik who is also on international duty and the stats reveal Carlisle have lost all 3 league games they've played this season without Michalik. To summarise I wouldn't expect an Uwe Rosler side to lose 2 league games on the bounce and the maths suggest this game will most likely end in stalemate. Brentford's strong away record and Carlisle's poor home record help add weight to the argument in favour of Brentford here.
FT: 2-2, As the maths predicted the most likely outcome of a draw is realised here in a bit of a rollercoaster game. It would seem Brentford have too much firepower for Carlisle to hang on and I am happy to takeaway profit with a half win on the +0.25 line here.

Bury vs. Exeter - Home Win @ 2,15 Two teams with bad results and both coming after victories in League 1. Anyway, I think Bury will represent more value since they play at home. Exeter won 2:0 at home against Oldham while Bury won 3:1 away to Yeovil. Exeter is worse team away so far with no goal scored in 5 games drawing once and losing 4 times. Can't say Bury is very pleasant at home either, but I think I'll take my chances with Bury to win this by a small margin. Also better squad news for Bury, with captain Steven Schumacher fit to play today. Shane Byrne and Mark Hughes are also possible starting players today. Exeter on the other hand will have Richard Duffy out injured, Troy Archibald-Henville suspended and Jake Taylor on international duty. John O'Flynn and Liam Sercombe could start on the bench but they are not fully fit. Considering Exeter's selection difficulties and away record I think Bury has a good chance today. Opinions ?
FT: 2:0 :cheers

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Hartlepool AH+0.5 1.96 Pinnacle 3/10 Notts-Hartlepool. Think that there´s value on the away side. Both sides seem pretty organized and beat opposition they had to beat. Notts lost more matches but only against top teams. Hartlepool had a good start and have shown that they are hard to beat. Last week they lost vs. Sheff. Wednesday who are in a good shape at the moment. From the reports I´ve read victory wasn´t undeserved but Hartlepool could have reached a draw. Odds on Notts are a little too short, though it seems that they found their form at home (compared to the second half of last season). A draw is a likely option in this game, but I don´t like betting on draws, so I go for double chance on Hartlepool...

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Notts County - Hartlepool Over 2,5 Goals (1,91) William Hill Both teams have shown great form this season. They both lost in the last round but there are no need to write them off, just yet. I doubt any of them will be in top 6 at the end of the season but they will be no where near their disapointing places, from last year. Notts only lost one of their five matches at Meadow Lane. These games holds a stat off 3,4 goals a game. Hartlepool har still unbeaten on the road and whit Adam Boyd putting them in away, they will probably score at least one goal. The previous 5 away matches holds a avarage of 3,6 goals a game for the Pools The Magpies will be testing defenders Mike Edwards and Krystian Pearce. If they do not make it, Martin Allen will have to rotate on the defence. That might be to the Pools advantage. :hope

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 what about Oldham Athletic vs Milton Keynes? Milton Keynes has a good position in the league,4th place,22 points,won't want to miss the play-offs while Oldham is on 13th place...is Milton Keynes going to win this one ?

Notts County - Hartlepool Over 2,5 Goals (1,91) William Hill Both teams have shown great form this season. They both lost in the last round but there are no need to write them off, just yet. I doubt any of them will be in top 6 at the end of the season but they will be no where near their disapointing places, from last year. Notts only lost one of their five matches at Meadow Lane. These games holds a stat off 3,4 goals a game. Hartlepool har still unbeaten on the road and whit Adam Boyd putting them in away, they will probably score at least one goal. The previous 5 away matches holds a avarage of 3,6 goals a game for the Pools The Magpies will be testing defenders Mike Edwards and Krystian Pearce. If they do not make it, Martin Allen will have to rotate on the defence. That might be to the Pools advantage. :hope
WIN 3-0. Im a bit surprised Hartlepool didnt score, but as long the magpies put 3 in, thats fine whit me.. ;)

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 Does anyone bet on the corner market (England Foot) ? :\ I see Bet365 offers very wide options for betting : half time over/under , asian handicap (winner) , individual totals Very interesting - I have done some research about serie A Italy, and hit 3 win/3 ...well it was at the top limit : for ex. I bet Inter total corners over 6.5 in Palermo and finished 7 corners Inter. Cesena - Napoli, based on stats took Napoli Total over 5.5 @ 2.00 , Napoli were given exactly 6 corners. As for the Serie B Italy Bet365 dont offer Individual total corners. So, giving here so many options for lower leagues England oh, didnt knew before! ;) I will keep an eye for the L1 and L2 (maybe Conference too), but first find some sites wich offer corner stats. I must find an edge, somehow over this bookie.

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 I used to pay an interest to the Corner handicap market, but after a lot of initial success I find most bookmakers seem to be putting a lot more effort into compiling odds and setting the lines adequately. Probably due to popularity :unsure So, I don't see any sort of edge any more in the market.

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 MK Dons to beat Oldham, Dons are returning to full strength in terms of team selection bar Charlie Macdonald. Oldhams a hard place to go as the pitch is narrow which doesnt suit Dons style of passing football. I still think they'll show enough quality to break Oldham down though! Selections MK Dons to win 11/10 MK Dons -1 7/2 Clinton Morrison to score 1st 6/4 Morrison 1st Dons win 2-0 55/1 I'm heading up to the game, wonder if our resident Oldham fan League1Punter is going?

Re: Npower Football League One Oct 8-10 MK Dons @ 6/5 - Bet365 Fancy MK to get the win they need to go back up into 2nd place tonight. The Dons have made a good start to the season (7-4-1) and go into this game on the back of a 3-0 win against Notts County last week. Oldham on the other hand have 2 consecutive defeats, and have only won 1/5 home games so far, this is a theme which seems to have continued from last season where they only won 30% of their home games. Both teams seem to have fairly full squads at their disposal. Dons will be missing strikers Charlie Macdonald and Jabo Ibehe, however they have plenty of decent attacking options in the likes of Clinton Morrison, Angelo Balanta and Dean Bowditch etc. Stephen Gleeson is also back from a 1 game ban. Also tempted by under 2.5 in this one @ 1.825 - (Bet365) All of Oldham's 5 home games in L1 this one have ended with 2 goals being scored. 3/5 MK Dons away games have gone under 2.5. I seem to find that sky's monday night football games are usually low scoring, boring affairs too :p

MK Dons to beat Oldham, Dons are returning to full strength in terms of team selection bar Charlie Macdonald. Oldhams a hard place to go as the pitch is narrow which doesnt suit Dons style of passing football. I still think they'll show enough quality to break Oldham down though! Selections MK Dons to win 11/10 MK Dons -1 7/2 Clinton Morrison to score 1st 6/4 Morrison 1st Dons win 2-0 55/1 I'm heading up to the game, wonder if our resident Oldham fan League1Punter is going?
Unfortunately not. Off up to Scotland in a bit but hopefully I will be able to find a pub showing it. Im not realy writing much about us (or league 1) at the moment as I'm struggling to get to a lot of the games. However, I will give my thoughts on this one though as I know a lot of people will be betting on it as it's the only English game. (Funny how most people wouldn't have a bet on this if it was on a Saturday :lol) The key thing for us tonight is Dean Furman. He hasn't played for us since the second game of the season but he is key. He is our captain and star player and at the moment our midfield is looking the weak point without him. If he plays I would say the 11/10 on MK is too short. If he doesn't play (I think he will start on the bench) then I think MK Dons will control the game in the middle and they might be a good bet. It's cold wet and windy at the moment and with only 3 stands the playing conditions won't be ideal. but hopefully we will perform infront of the cameras. We tend to be dire on tv. :hope that will change tonight. Have fun tonight Chris (you won't; you'll freeze your bollocks off, most probably get soaked and there will be no atmosphere as most of our few remaining fans will watch it on tv.......and hopefully you will lose :D)

...after a lot of initial success I find most bookmakers seem to be putting a lot more effort into compiling odds and setting the lines adequately. Probably due to popularity :unsure So' date=' I don't see any sort of edge any more in the market.[/quote'] You are right.. maybe in the main leagues. Do you think bookie give importance for exemple Italy B, corners market? There are few who take bets on this league, if someone pay attention to stats (teams) I think line 9.5 @ 1.80 is worth to take. While in the England odds are avg 1.85 - here bookies give 1.90 - 2.00 . Besides, it depends a lots on the system they play. I dont know how teams play in England or other leagues, but in the Russia or Italy 4-2-3-1 will always be over the other team. For ex Dinamo Moscow play similar with lone Kevin Kuraniy up front. This team is leaders on the most "overish" corner totals.

Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Oldham v Milton Keynes Dons
Selection Milton Keynes Dons
Strength 10/10
Date 10/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.20
Reasoning Milton Keynes Dons be at the 4th of the table log and be trying to avoid a defeat since their last 4 games in which most of the time settle for a draw againts those top side ,i think they are more powerful and have the squad to win this game in today match, and their last league win will surely put them back to their winning ways as before as they were from the start of the season, i see them winning this game.