2011/2012 Jumps Season

Tull

Evening all, With all the nice weather around and still some excellent flat racing to be had, attention will soon turn to the Jumps. Just wondered who or what members were looking for the season ahead. My inital areas of interest are Twiston Davies in October (great S/r) The Charlie Hall Empire Levant Novice Chasing Trying to catch the Ferdy Murphy stable when they hit form Poker De Sivola possible National Horse (currently 33/1) Seeing if Long run can follow up a great season Hoping Denman and Kauto sign off at the right time rather than struggling As the season progresses there will be more

Re: 2011/2012 Jumps Season I haven't really followed the jumps for a couple of years except for watching the big races But with the Flat now in 'fag end of the season' mode and the AW not getting going until November I'm thinking of having a month over Jumps for BBotd purposes during October Just for a change of scenery and to see if my methods which have changed a bit since i last did the jumps can translate from flat racing As i tend to put a lot of store by course form and track variations, it ought to be well suited to the jumps as you'd think that any track likes or dislikes would be exagerated over 3 miles !................:lol

Re: 2011/2012 Jumps Season

I've taken a look at Nigel Twiston Davies stats for the month of October over the last 4 years: 07: 25% -1.15 08: 23% +22.43 09: 15% -0.75 10: 18% +62.95 Forget about NHF, which he rarely wins. Definately worth backing all those he saddles in chase/hurdle in Oct!
Lets hope the good year/ bad year doesnt continue :)

Re: 2011/2012 Jumps Season I'd like to see Denman and Kauto Star tackle a few handicaps like the Hennessy , Welsh National , Grand National or Whitbread.Don't think they'll be realistically competitive in Gr1 chases anymore. Fingers crossed they'll stay fit for a few more seasons , with hopefully a tilt at future Fox Hunters chases at Cheltenham and Aintree.

Re: 2011/2012 Jumps Season kauto star is starting this season off in the betfair chase at haydock and denmans owner wants to start him off in the lexus chase at leopardstown,which will be the first of his 2 intended runs this season before being aimed at the gold cup in march p-s taken from the weekender -straight from the paul nichols stable section where he goes throught his runners and new recruits

Re: 2011/2012 Jumps Season

I'd like to see Denman and Kauto Star tackle a few handicaps like the Hennessy , Welsh National , Grand National or Whitbread.Don't think they'll be realistically competitive in Gr1 chases anymore. Fingers crossed they'll stay fit for a few more seasons , with hopefully a tilt at future Fox Hunters chases at Cheltenham and Aintree.
hennessy and the whitbread maybe but not the nationals this year as stated will still be aimed at Gr 1 events with King George and Gold cup no doubt on the agenda yet again