England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Fulham - QPR
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.46
Reasoning In normal situation I sure should back home win but host team today Fulham had tough encounter in Odense on Thursday match won 0-1, so away team QPR will be with fresher legs today this is their chance to take points.
We won 2-0 and 2 key players (bobby and moussa) were absent

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is a good bet or not' date=' but it seems dangerous to base a bet on six recent games.[/quote'] Just to play devil's advocate, what else are you meant to base a bet on if not for recent games? If a big team was on a six match winnin' streak, and a punter places money on their seventh win, would you say the same thing?

Bolton - Chelsea Bolton will miss many players for this game. In my opinion most important absentees are goalkeeper Jussi Jaskelainen and Ivan Klasnic. Moreover, some other important players like Gael Kakuta and Gary Cahill. Bolton started season very badly and managed only 1 win. Chelsea will only miss Fernando Torres and Michael Essien and they have a good squad to get all 3 points here. Also they have a good record away against Bolton winning last 4 games without conceding a goal. In the last 3 games they won by more than 1 goal and in their last 2 games managed away against Bolton managed 4-0 wins. I don't believe that this depleted Bolton squad can get anything against Chelsea and can see the blues winning comfortably. Chelsea -1 AH @ 1.85 (5 units) Bet365
Thirty minutes in, bet won :lol This was actually down to 1.60 before kick-off, so good going.

Just to play devil's advocate, what else are you meant to base a bet on if not for recent games? If a big team was on a six match winnin' streak, and a punter places money on their seventh win, would you say the same thing?
Good question. I think you'd want to have a longer period to analyse over than six games. If you had to bet based on six games, you'd want to have a look at who they had played over these six games, and how good they really were, and how likely they were to win their next game, and of course look at the odds on offer.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Closing in on my accumulator for the week coming off! Fingers crossed. Liverpool @ 13/8 Win Aston Villa @ 4/6 Win Man City-1.0,-1.5 @ 1.90 Win Stoke @ 9/5 Arsenal0.0,+0.5 @ 2.075 Fulham-0.5 @ 2.05 Chelsea-1.0 @ 1.85 Win 7 Fold pays 180/1 Worried about Stoke at 1-0 down already, Fulham are 1-0 up already and think Arsenal should do ok in the Derby.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Good answer. In an ideal world, you'd want a longer period than six games to look at but seein' as though the season's just started... But you're right; who they have played in those six games is crucial.

Odds on tottenham are short' date=' anyone have the confirmed teams?[/quote'] Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Parker, Modric, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe. Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Giovani, Bassong, Corluka, Livermore, Sandro. Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Song, Gibbs, Ramsey, Arteta, Coquelin, Walcott, van Persie, Gervinho. Subs: Fabianski, Park, Andre Santos, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Benayoun

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Confirmed line-ups.. Tottenham: Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Parker, Modric, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Song, Gibbs, Coquelin, Arteta, Ramsey, Walcott, Gervinho, Van Persie.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October 3/1 for Arsenal win, Walcott Van persie look sharp enough and score goals. How many they will let in is the question. I remember this exact same fixture last season had 6/4 odds that ended in a 3 - 3 draw. I wonder why wenger didnt start frimpong. I'd say hes the perfect holding midfielder for this sort of game.

Spurs are too short aren't they? Don't see value there. Arsenal can win this game. Think I'll take them on the AH.
Not always the best tactic to follow the odds, as a few peeps learnt the hard way with QPR today.

Not always the best tactic to follow the odds' date=' as a few peeps learnt the hard way with QPR today.[/quote'] Your obviously not a value hunter then! Those who find value always end up on top! Just because QPR are getting trounced today , does not mean they werent overpriced before kick-off. Great for you to say this in hindsight!

If QPR where 10-1 I don't know if they'd be worth taking. I've read a lot on here about how brilliant QPR are, but the truth is they drew with Newcastle and needed an own goal at the death to scrape a draw with a Villa side missing Darren Bent. Fulham have obviously turned a corner, got their first win yesterday, and would, initially, be my fav's here.
Your obviously not a value hunter then! Those who find value always end up on top! Just because QPR are getting trounced today , does not mean they werent overpriced before kick-off. Great for you to say this in hindsight!
I'm not a value hunter, I'm a winning-bet hunter :loon

Winless Whites to Win tomorrow Since following Fulham this has to be the strangest start to a season for a long time. Really did think we would have a win by now and on another day we could have easily taken 3 points back from the Hawthorns. I went to that game and we were fortunate not to come back with a win. Our first half performance was very good. We battled to get the ball back and kept and played patient football. The only thing which was slightly worrying was that we had so much possession, we didn't capitalize on it. We have done it before in games where we pass the ball from side to side and over pass for to long and make nothing of it. There was a lot of this in the West Brom game. We controlled the majority of the game but were lacking width and a bit of adventure in the final ball. Duff, Zamora and AJ were all out of this game and maybe with those individuals include we could have snuck home a 1-0 win. It ended 0-0 and even though frustrating on the day, there were many positives to take from it. We then traveled to Denmark where we were really stepping into an unknown kind of fixture for us. Odense on paper have done a few good things of late and with us not being in terrific form I was a little confused to see how we were favorites to win that game. However I was delighted to see Fulham prove the bookmakers knowledge and grind out a gritty away win. We showed a bit more directness going forward and AJ showed his 10million pound price tag to net twice. We looked a little shaky at the back but we reshuffled slightly. Since the draw at home to Man City we have carried on momentum into the Chelsea league cup game and not loosing at WBA. Taking 3 points away in Europe I believe Fulham are doing everything right to get the first win in the EPL. This is a derby and one the fans have been looking forward to for sometime. Been a lot of hype about QPR of recent and I have watched them twice on SKY at home to Newcastle and Villa. They really should have spanked Newcastle and a jammy og got them a point against Villa where they were big punting favorites. Away from home they have done ok. The Everton win was a different side to what we are seeing now, but the Wolves win shows what they can do. On our day we are a much better side than Wolves and think tomorrow will be harder for them. Both teams are very similar in how they play football and the physical side of the game. We have defended a little sketchy to start the season but we have 3 back to back clean sheets and a good win in Europe. With the likes of bobby, Duff and AJ being amongst the action and Ruiz who will finally get going soon I am confident we can get the win tomorrow. Another simple one here which I will be getting stuck into to Fulham to win at 2.00 b365 Good luck :hope COYW FTID
"Winless Whites to Win tomorrow" or Shall I now say Sensational Whites to Win tomorrow! Great result and great return COYW FTID Will do 6 of these, one for each goal :rollin :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

"Winless Whites to Win tomorrow" or Shall I now say Sensational Whites to Win tomorrow! Great result and great return COYW FTID Will do 6 of these, one for each goal :rollin :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana
Great performance, congratulations! :ok

I thought about this game a lot the last 2 days and will put some more money in it' date=' particulalry on [b']Tottnham to score >3.5. They pay @10 for that at bet365 and I think it is a gift, although Christmas is not coming yet. After a poor start Tottenham is growing and I believe they will fight for a top 4 finish (just behind us), because they have a good manager and talented players. The problem here for us is that Wenger will play openly, as he does in every game. But maybe, with such an awful defence, he should focus rather on not conceding, to play a bit more defensively. I don't think that will be the case here and I'm afraid Arsenal will concede 3-4 goals. I really hope Van Persie saves us, but realistically speaking it's hard to expect 5-6 goals from one man, especially away from home :sad I behave unethically betting against own club but I need money. Sorry cheers lads
watching the derby I have to admit that Arsenal are playing very well and my Spurs >3.5 goals will be lost. I am happy though that my team performs again!!!

Chelsea are massive at 1/2, usually limit my bets to £50 but going to have £100 on this. Bolton have klasnic suspended and Terry will keep Davies in his pocket so can't even see them scoring. Chelsea on the other hand will start with Drogba who is fighting for a regular starting place and Fatty Lampard who looks to have regained his scoring touch, could get 3 or 4 here.
Put 10 grand on in the end, easiest 5 grand ive ever earnt!:beer

Spurs vs Arsenal - Spurs to win 2.20 at Paddy Power (3.5 units) Bolton vs Chelsea - Chelsea -1 2.25 at Ladbrokes (3 units)
:ok Another two winners today. These seemed quite popular bets on here as well, so well done to other winners +11.25 units for the weekend in the Premier League

Tottenham @ 6/5 Betfred 5pts :clap Derby day in North London should be tantalizing affair, Spurs will bring the game to Arsenal, i expect a en explosive start from the home side similar to the game against Liverpool, the crowd will be fired up an it should work in there favour. Arsenal have only won one of their last six league meetings with Tottenham and none of the last three. Spurs more or less rested there entire 1st team so there will fresh an ready to go, Modric will cause problems an Parker should be solid, they have threat in Van der vart who has scored three goals in two appearances for Spurs against Arsenal. Im' siding with Lillywhites to grab all 3 points Adebayor to score Anytime @ 6/4 Ladbrokes 3pts :( Won't he just love to score against Arsenal, Emmanuel has started his Tottenham career brightly, bagging three league goals already, his been constant threat, an has linked up well with Defoe. Arsenal have got a fragile defence, i can see Adebayor exploiting this. Fulham v QPR under 2.5 goals @ 8/11 Betfred 3pts :$ Both teams have tight units they don't really give away much. Fulham at Home is not an easy place to go, QPR will set out there stall to not concede an early goal, an try an nick something when the opportunity comes. Interestingly enough Fullham have gone over 2.5 goals 3 times out of 11 in all competitions an QPR have gone over 2.5 goals 2 times out of 7. I invision a low scoring game on the cards Swansea 0 (AH) @ 1.875 Bet 365 3pts :clap Here's to hoping Stoke have some sort of hangover from there midweek European game. Newly prompted teams really need to make there home ground a fortress an the Swans are unbeaten at home albeit the 1st two were 0-0 draws, i expect them to take heart from there 3-0 win against West Brom an look at it as something to build on, so i'm happy to side with them with some draw cover
:ok Good weekend

Bolton vs Chelsea Ive always felt owen coyle is an excellent manager with plenty of team spirit, but I feel they lack momentum to get some good results. Their opening day thrashing of QPR seemed an age away and their 2 - 0 win away to villa in the league cup didnt look too convincing. They will be missing kep players due to suspesion and injury. Against norwich i thought the players seemed that they didnt care about the game at all and lacked desire to win. After conescutive defeats this is not a good time to play chelsea at home. Fans will be feeling frustrated and there won't be alot of confidence for bolton going into the match. Chelsea will be missing torres through suspesion but their squad is very experienced and their defence is very solid. Their midweek game against valencia they played very well but lacked sharpness in finishing for their strikers. They might look tired after the game but saturday's results from Manchester should motivate them to win the game. Chelsea WIN 8/15 10/10 Fulham vs QPR Fulham got a good result on thursday in the europa league but fielded a strong team. They are well up and running in this season and everything is going fine especially in europe. But they really need a home win to get their season under-way. Fulham's players should enjoy this fixture on a sunny sunday afternoon after their europa league success. Craven cottage will be full and i expect the players to play with confidence. The players could be abit tired but i feel the compact stadium of fans of craven cottage will noise their team forward. Also it seems the bookies classify QPR as a regular premier league team now and i see odds of about EVS 5/2 3/1, which you expect to see in two evenly matched premier league teams. For me although QPR have had some great signings and they look like a good team, they are still abit short. I backed QPR to beat wolves a couple of weeks ago at 16/5 which they won. Fulham will be much much tougher to beat and is much more consistant than wolves. So: Fulham +0 1/2 10/10 Fulham WIN 8/10 EVS
Two nice wins here, but felt lost abit of value covering my fulham bet with +0 AH.