England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October

Saturday 1 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Barnsley v Coventry City (15:00 BST) 2.34 3.4 3.5 100.72 %
maximize.gif Blackpool v Bristol City (15:00 BST) 1.76 3.7 5.2 103.08 %
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v West Ham (15:00 BST) 4 3.45 2.14 100.71 %
maximize.gif Hull City v Cardiff City (15:00 BST) 2.6 3.4 3 101.21 %
maximize.gif Ipswich Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (15:00 BST) 2.62 3.6 3 99.21 %
maximize.gif Leeds United v Portsmouth (15:00 BST) 1.95 3.75 4.33 101.03 %
maximize.gif Millwall v Burnley (15:00 BST) 2.15 3.5 3.75 101.75 %
maximize.gif Peterborough United v Doncaster Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.8 4 5 100.56 %
maximize.gif Reading v Middlesbrough (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.4 3.1 101.67 %
maximize.gif Southampton v Watford (15:00 BST) 1.57 4.5 6.8 100.62 %
maximize.gif Leicester City v Derby County (17:20 BST) 1.74 3.85 5.5 101.63 %
Sunday 2 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Nottingham Forest v Birmingham City (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.6 3.75 99.90 %

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Middlesbrough look over priced to me. They've won all four of their away games so far and Reading have already lost two at home, to Watford and Barnsley. Boro are joint top of the table and they have plenty of pace in the team which suits playing on the break away from home. I wouldn't have had them as big as 2/1 for this game.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Dougal is bang on at 2/1 - Boro are a better away side than home when they have more room to play and have less pressure on them. 6 straight away league victories suggest they should have at least a 1 in 3 chance of victory. I am taking a risk that the 4 key players of Emnes, Rhys Williams, Bailey and Robson are fit. I have also taken 2-0 at 19.0 to Boro on Betfair. Reading are no mugs and have had a extra day to rest, but I am not sure they should be clear favs.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October palace look way underpriced for me at 3/1. after beating a good brighton side 3-1 away from home (dominated them for large parts) - confidence will be high and their home form is pretty good. also the fact that i think clubs like palace raise their game against promotion favs that just got relegated from the premiership like westham Crystal Palace 2-0 Burnley Crystal Palace 2-1 Coventry City Crystal Palace 2-0 Crawley Town (cup) Crystal Palace 1-1 Blackpool Crystal Palace 2-1 Wigan Athletic (cup) Crystal Palace 0-1 Middlesbrough Crystal Palace 2-1 Middlesbrough (cup) only the one defeat to joint top of the table middlesbrough. any palace fans agree?

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Middlesbrough AH+0.25 @ 1,83 Pinnacle 4/10 Boro have a decent defense and a good away record. Can´t see them losing this one. Reading price is wrong, though they had a little run now (vs. Doncaster, Coventry and Bristol). Think they´re still overrated and have been lucky at Bristol (and could have lost at Coventry, as they failed to convert a late penalty, but draw was probably deserved). At home they didn´t manage to get good results, and conceded 2 goals vs. Millwall, Barnsley and Watford. Boro managed to beat Leeds and CP, who I rate a little stronger than Reading.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Reading V Middlesborough Middlesborough are just too big a price not to back here. They have won all 4 games on the road this season and have only conceded 1 goal in them 4 games. Reading have only had 1 win at home and the was against Doncaster who are relegation bound! Cant believe the price on Boro! Win @ 19/10 Paddy Power

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October I think anybody backing Boro are brave. Reading look like they're coming back in to form, and even their luck has turned, with Coventry missing a last minute penalty in their second to last match. Boro are due a defeat, and The Madjeski seems a prime place for them to get it.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October

I think anybody backing Boro are brave. Reading look like they're coming back in to form, and even their luck has turned, with Coventry missing a last minute penalty in their second to last match. Boro are due a defeat, and The Madjeski seems a prime place for them to get it.
:moon

Boro are due a defeat, and The Madjeski seems a prime place for them to get it.
I'm not sure they're "due a defeat" to be honest. Trying to pick when sides on decent runs are going to come unstuck is a hard task, and we could quite easily use that line each round without ever being right.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Crystal Palace V West Ham Utd Pressure has clearly been a factor in West Ham's home form this season but on the surface their away form has been strong with a record thus far of W3 D1 L0. When looking a little closer at West Ham's away victories I realised they were against Forest, Watford and Doncaster - 3 sides that haven't exactly set the championship alight this season. Palace are comming into this fixture off the back of some tough league games but their last match was a midweek 1-3 victory over arch rivals Brighton & Hove Albion, inflicting Brighton's first ever league defeat at the Amex (FFS Murray). This was a massive result for Freedmans rising stars and shows just how far Palace have come in a short space of time. Freedman will need to bring them back down to Earth quickly for this game against an experienced Hammers team, managed by a shrewd operator in Allardyce. Much like the previous 4 league games it is very tough to call the outcome of this Palace match, I get the impression Allardyce will flood the middle of the park and try and nick one with the vast array of quality he has in his West Ham squad. To be honest his options are limited as setting up your team offensively at Selhurst is pretty much suicide. Blackpool tried it earlier in the season and it's akin to rolling a dice and hoping however many Palace score you score one more, a crazy gamble! Although this is not a major London derby it is still a derby and we'll have two sets of supporters really fired up for this one creating a high octane atmosphere at Selhurst, the ref will have his work cutout. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Moxey, Wright, Jedinak, Zaha, Ambrose, Scannell, Murray Tough to call the Palace lineup tommorow with so many players performing well, I just get the impression Freedman will opt for a little more experience here and will start Ambrose, Clyne is back in training for Palace but I think he will be on the bench as this game may have come a shade too early for him. Parr is an excellent wide player and he may start but who he will replace is anybodys guess. Williams has done fantastic recently but at only 17 years of age I feel he will probably be on the bench for this derby clash after having a lot of game time in the last few matches. If I had to bet on this game: Under 2.5 @ 9/10 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Red card @ 11/4 (Unibet)

I'm not sure they're "due a defeat" to be honest. Trying to pick when sides on decent runs are going to come unstuck is a hard task' date=' and we could quite easily use that line each round without ever being right.[/quote'] Well, yeah, if 'Boro went the entire season unbeaten :unsure

Sport Football (England - Cham)
Event Barnsley v Coventry
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.40
Reasoning barnsley have played 5 straight draw in all their last 5 match played and the visiting team also have played 3 draws out of their last 5 a game they played, in this game a draw is the sure bet i must say because the home team will not want to lose any point in this very game likewise the away team too. so a draw is the bet to go for.

Event Millwall v Burnley
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.40
Reasoning millwall not performing well at home this season but the least they played in all their home game is a draw and the visiting team also are also not doing both home and away both they will go for a draw in this game as i see them sharing the point ,both team will not play with this game the least they will want to settle for is a draw like 1-1 draw i think.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Leicester look too short for me. We saw Derby do an away job in their proper derby game recently and while Leicester are better than Forest Derby may have 11 players all game this time. Leicester may well win but Derby look a fair option on the AH not to lose.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Leeds -117 (superbook.com) I have to fancy Leeds in this spot at home. Leeds has been getting the results at home and they have been playing well lately. Post the Bates-out rallies and lack of spending at transfer window and sale of Gradel, Leeds has adjusted very nicely. They have been sticking to their strength which is attacking the net, Clayton has been controlling the middle of the field and they have been feeding the white hot McCormack up top. Becchio and Snodgrass will cause problems on the wings as well, I really don't see Leeds dropping points here unless they get another red card...2-1 Leeds win

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Peterborough United v Doncaster Rovers anyone feel peterborough are underpriced at 4/5 against bottom of the table doncaster? Doncasters honeymoon period with new manager Dean Saunders might be over looking at their away form. And to add to it, they have not won a league game on the road since the trip to Derby on 1 March (D2, L8) Brighton 2:1 Doncaster Derby 3:0 Doncaster Cardiff 2:0 Doncaster Reading 2:0 Doncaster (most recent away game) Peterborough have just lost once at home (a game they were unlucky to lose one might say).. Peterborough 2:1 Crystal Palace Peterborough 7:1 Ipswich Peterborough 0:1 Hull Peterborough 2:1 Burnley (most recent home game) ...but they have scored 2 or more goals in the other 3 home games. They also had a battleing 2-3 away win against portsmouth midweek. Anyone a big fan(on either side) to give me more insite on team news? :ok Peterborough to win 4/5 Coral

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October I don't know what to make of us today. Initially when I saw the odds I thought there could be a bit of value in us, but it's hard to know how we'll play. Last weekend was very uncharacteristic as we gave away a couple of sloppy first half goals, and lost it right at the death when we were the better side second half. It was uncharacteristic because our defense has been water tight at home. And we should have been prepared for the pressure Peterborough would put us under, this was mentioned prior to the game by Steve Cotterill publicly, so part of me thinks that has played a part mentally. Sometimes I feel Cotterill needs to know when and what to say at the right times. Last season he demoralised our reserves by publicly slating them as not good enough for first team action. Overall I couldn't back us for the win. We did well up there last year to earn a draw in a 3-3 thriller, where Leeds scored three own goals I believe. This season their squad has been downgraded, and I'd be wary of thinking they are a great home side. Despite the fact they've won their last three homes, all three came against opposition you'd expect them to beat, or were going through a bad spell themselves. We usually keep possession well, and can work the ball about at times, which will be crucial against Leeds because they still have goals in them, and if we are to win we will need to score more than them. Personally I feel this game will end up a little similar to the West Ham game....we usually score and concede away from home, bar the Hull game, our away games usually result in both sides scoring. But, at 1.6'ish that doesn't really appeal. Wouldn't put anyone off backing the Leeds win myself, but for the Championship I think odds of under 2 here just really aren't worth it as on our day we are more than capable a match for most sides in this league, and Leeds aren't really as strong as they have been. All this really leads me to a score draw. 1-1, 2-2, or 3-3 would be my call.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Millwall vs Burnley Millwall got to win otherwise will have a tough season. They were unlucky last round to Watford. They had a cancelled goal, opened the score, but lost in the last minutes. They will show again they are very tough at home and will put Burnley under big pressure. The win of Burnley over Nottingham Forrest is not impressing me and they might be under that influence. home win @ 2.20 with >Betfred

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Southampton vs Watford The Siants will be inviolved in the promotion affairs this season and that is something that will be achieved especially winning this type of games. A bad form is something that no team escapes and the key is to get as many points as you can while you are in form. Watford knows also this things, but here we can see a group of players with no great value. The Saints should win and should make it big in this game. home -1 AH @ 2.03 with 188bet

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Leicester vs Derby Home side made some good results lately, but failed to win. They will welcome a side that is very high for their value. This is temporary for Derby for which I predict a bad series of results to come. They had no substance in their last games and I have serious doubts that they will get something from this clash. home -1 AH @ 2.25 with 188bet

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Peterborough vs Doncaster With Billy Sharp unable to perform for an entire match due to his hernia problems, I give no chance for Doncaster in this game. They can get points, they can save from relegation, but at home. Away they will not resist the pressure to a serious attacking team like Peterborough surely is. home @ 1.80 with Coral

Leicester vs Derby Home side made some good results lately, but failed to win. They will welcome a side that is very high for their value. This is temporary for Derby for which I predict a bad series of results to come. They had no substance in their last games and I have serious doubts that they will get something from this clash. home -1 AH @ 2.25 with 188bet
Every single side in the championship has temporary form! The day a side goes through the championship without a bad run hats off to them! I think your just going to back against Derby every single week until you get a win or 2 just to try prove a point from last week and then gloat about how you were right? You have no reasoning as to why a poor series of results are going to come for Derby, but if it pulls off good guesswork i suppose! I also dont understand the grammar in your first sentence, it makes no sense to me at all. "Home side made some good results lately, but failed to win"?? How can you have good results without winning?

I also dont understand the grammar in your first sentence, it makes no sense to me at all. "Home side made some good results lately, but failed to win"?? How can you have good results without winning?
He means 0-0 draws away at cardiff and boro are good results.

Event Hull - Cardiff
Selection Under 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.70
Reasoning This looks to be a low scoring encounter and the price is bigger than I expected. Betfair go 1.73 (taken!), whereas PAddy Power have this up at 1.57, which I feel is closer to my expectations. Cardiff have a mini-injury crisis and our options up front appear limited. Earnie is out, Gestede is out, which leaves us with Millar (who has only scored in 2 games for us this season) and Mason (yet to score for Cardiff). Whitts is playing a slightly different role under Mackay and doesnt look to be getting the goal rate he has in previous years. Defensively, we seem to be ok, with Turner and Keinan returning to fitness too. Away from home, we average under 2 goals/game. Hull sit bottom of the goals per game table, with an average of 1.67 goals per game - this includes their 4-1 defeat at Leeds, th only game Hull have featured in this season to have over 2 goals! They look set to be unchanged from the midweek draw at Doncaster. Hull's home games average at 1 goal per game. We have faced each other 10 times since the turn of the century and this bet would have won on 8 of those occasions. I think both teams will see this game as a chance to overcome potential play-off rivals, and neither side will want to lose. Looks to be a tight encounter and I've predicted that it will finish 1-0 - but I'm not commiting myself to saying who will win...

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Reading - Middlesbrough Selection Lay Middlesbrough Strength 10/10 Date 01/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.80 Reasoning 2nd Middlesbrough against 14th Reading. Well as for the start i need to say that my opinion is that Middlesbrough is slightly falling down in form and as for Royals and their last period,they have picked up seven points from a possible nine.Simon Church, Mathieu Manset and Adam Le Fondre are doing just well,each has found the net in the last three games.As for Middlesbrough they have won their last 3 away matches without conceding a goal and as for the whole away form (4 games played) i need to say that they received only one goal (scored seven).Reading is in raisng they have a hard team tough to brerak and i believe that they are not going to lose this one.

Every single side in the championship has temporary form! The day a side goes through the championship without a bad run hats off to them! I think your just going to back against Derby every single week until you get a win or 2 just to try prove a point from last week and then gloat about how you were right? You have no reasoning as to why a poor series of results are going to come for Derby, but if it pulls off good guesswork i suppose! I also dont understand the grammar in your first sentence, it makes no sense to me at all. "Home side made some good results lately, but failed to win"?? How can you have good results without winning?
I do not think Derby will get something from Cardiff and Boro home venues. So those draws were good results! I do not have something particular against Derby, except for the fact that I consider being a "under 10th spot team" and I think they will go back where they belong sooner than you think they will! On the other side I know that nothing lasts forever, I have today a tip in an inferior League with this kind of logic, explained there my point of view, as for what I am concerned about Derby, I might repeat myself, but their glory days will not come back soon. I was right about Barnsley with Derby and I look to get another 2-3 games in this way! Come on, the match will be on TV, there some chances to see it, hope my schedule will not change till then!

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Ipswich look good value @ 8/5 Brighton have stumbled lately an haven't won in three league games, Whilst the home team are coming off a good win at West Ham, they are unbeaten in last three games an they have won there previous two home games. I will be having a small dabble on the tractor Boys Hills

Ipswich look good value @ 8/5 Brighton have stumbled lately an haven't won in three league games, Whilst the home team are coming off a good win at West Ham, they are unbeaten in last three games an they have won there previous two home games. I will be having a small dabble on the tractor Boys Hills
Sweet :clap