England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October

Sport Football (England - Cham)
Event Hull - Cardiff
Selection Under 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.70
Reasoning This looks to be a low scoring encounter and the price is bigger than I expected. Betfair go 1.73 (taken!), whereas PAddy Power have this up at 1.57, which I feel is closer to my expectations. Cardiff have a mini-injury crisis and our options up front appear limited. Earnie is out, Gestede is out, which leaves us with Millar (who has only scored in 2 games for us this season) and Mason (yet to score for Cardiff). Whitts is playing a slightly different role under Mackay and doesnt look to be getting the goal rate he has in previous years. Defensively, we seem to be ok, with Turner and Keinan returning to fitness too. Away from home, we average under 2 goals/game. Hull sit bottom of the goals per game table, with an average of 1.67 goals per game - this includes their 4-1 defeat at Leeds, th only game Hull have featured in this season to have over 2 goals! They look set to be unchanged from the midweek draw at Doncaster. Hull's home games average at 1 goal per game. We have faced each other 10 times since the turn of the century and this bet would have won on 8 of those occasions. I think both teams will see this game as a chance to overcome potential play-off rivals, and neither side will want to lose. Looks to be a tight encounter and I've predicted that it will finish 1-0 - but I'm not commiting myself to saying who will win...
if you lay my tips from the tipsters competition, you can start planning your retirement :spank

Every single side in the championship has temporary form! The day a side goes through the championship without a bad run hats off to them! I think your just going to back against Derby every single week until you get a win or 2 just to try prove a point from last week and then gloat about how you were right? You have no reasoning as to why a poor series of results are going to come for Derby, but if it pulls off good guesswork i suppose! I also dont understand the grammar in your first sentence, it makes no sense to me at all. "Home side made some good results lately, but failed to win"?? How can you have good results without winning?
I have already twice in a row against Derby and I think will be 2-3 for sure! In a row!

Crystal Palace V West Ham Utd Pressure has clearly been a factor in West Ham's home form this season but on the surface their away form has been strong with a record thus far of W3 D1 L0. When looking a little closer at West Ham's away victories I realised they were against Forest, Watford and Doncaster - 3 sides that haven't exactly set the championship alight this season. Palace are comming into this fixture off the back of some tough league games but their last match was a midweek 1-3 victory over arch rivals Brighton & Hove Albion, inflicting Brighton's first ever league defeat at the Amex (FFS Murray). This was a massive result for Freedmans rising stars and shows just how far Palace have come in a short space of time. Freedman will need to bring them back down to Earth quickly for this game against an experienced Hammers team, managed by a shrewd operator in Allardyce. Much like the previous 4 league games it is very tough to call the outcome of this Palace match, I get the impression Allardyce will flood the middle of the park and try and nick one with the vast array of quality he has in his West Ham squad. To be honest his options are limited as setting up your team offensively at Selhurst is pretty much suicide. Blackpool tried it earlier in the season and it's akin to rolling a dice and hoping however many Palace score you score one more, a crazy gamble! Although this is not a major London derby it is still a derby and we'll have two sets of supporters really fired up for this one creating a high octane atmosphere at Selhurst, the ref will have his work cutout. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Moxey, Wright, Jedinak, Zaha, Ambrose, Scannell, Murray Tough to call the Palace lineup tommorow with so many players performing well, I just get the impression Freedman will opt for a little more experience here and will start Ambrose, Clyne is back in training for Palace but I think he will be on the bench as this game may have come a shade too early for him. Parr is an excellent wide player and he may start but who he will replace is anybodys guess. Williams has done fantastic recently but at only 17 years of age I feel he will probably be on the bench for this derby clash after having a lot of game time in the last few matches. If I had to bet on this game: Under 2.5 @ 9/10 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Red card @ 11/4 (Unibet)
FT 2-2: Neither tip comming off here, two early goals didn't help, perhaps a less venomous atmosphere than I had expected with just two bookings! After several games against top sides which were hard to gauge I'm hopefull my Palace predictions can improve after the international break. Either way things are looking nice for us Palace fans at the momment with another good result here.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 1-2 October Boro's unbeaten run did not end today but my winning bets sequence did. I still think Boro were value at 2/1 and 2-0 , but the woodwork at Reading won on the day after Emnes and Robson saw their efforts come off the posts. Some big home wins today which broke the sequence of poor home results for the whole division.

Peterborough United v Doncaster Rovers anyone feel peterborough are underpriced at 4/5 against bottom of the table doncaster? Doncasters honeymoon period with new manager Dean Saunders might be over looking at their away form. And to add to it, they have not won a league game on the road since the trip to Derby on 1 March (D2, L8) Brighton 2:1 Doncaster Derby 3:0 Doncaster Cardiff 2:0 Doncaster Reading 2:0 Doncaster (most recent away game) Peterborough have just lost once at home (a game they were unlucky to lose one might say).. Peterborough 2:1 Crystal Palace Peterborough 7:1 Ipswich Peterborough 0:1 Hull Peterborough 2:1 Burnley (most recent home game) ...but they have scored 2 or more goals in the other 3 home games. They also had a battleing 2-3 away win against portsmouth midweek. Anyone a big fan(on either side) to give me more insite on team news? :ok Peterborough to win 4/5 Coral
no good here! but anyone is doubt of what a cruel game betting is.. this result was totally against the run of play. peterborough should have been 4-0 at half time. instead they were 1-0 up. and second half doncaster got a goal against the run of play and another shortly after. peterborough went on to hit the post twice and miss more chances. a result like this just reiterates the fact that you have to be able to take the losses. one good thing that will come out of it is that im sure doncaster will be overpriced in their games coming up which will allow for compensation. watch this space :D

Sport Football (England - Cham)
Event Nottingham - Birmingham
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.54
Reasoning Both teams are in very poor fit this season sitting very close to relegation zone. Nottingham can't win home game recoding two draw and two loss, while Birmingham recorded three loss one draw on the road. I should say that Birmingham have stronger players but they will be very exhausted today after heavy clash in Slovenia against Maribor on Thursday League Europe game who was won 1-2 with two goals in last 15 minutes. People will say Nottingham will win because of that but they are in very poor fit I think draw will be very good to both squads.

if you lay my tips from the tipsters competition' date=' you can start planning your retirement :spank[/quote'] i read your match summary and took from it Cardifs injury situation and backed Hull. so thanks for the detailed tip summary, sorry you where not succesful in your tip selection, however the summary was good.