** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 6th of September

Aidymac

Hot Spice - Leicester 3:30 Extra trip should pose no problems as won with ease over 1m 2f three runs back and tomorrow is 2f further. Johnny Murtagh rode this animal last time out at Newmarket and it ran a fine race, 5th of 13 to Cheddar George and runs off the same mark tomorrow. Another competitive affair tomorrow but should pose no problems if getting the clear run. John Dunlop is in decent nick and does well at Leicester but interestingly this is his first runner at Leicester since July. Im hoping for a big run. WIN @ 10/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 3.00 Leicester Micky P win @ 8/1 Bet365 This horse was tried in the first time visor last time out at Lingfield and looked that day in need of a step up in trip. Today he gets that at a course in which he recorded 1 of his 2 career victories and must have a chance of running a big race. It is possible the visor will not have the desired effect 2nd time around but Micky P was well backed last time out so I believe this horse is ready to strike. He hails from a yard notorious for their gambles and it will be interesting if the money comes for him tomorrow. Micky P is handicapped to win having won at this course off 57 and then following up off 66 at Epsom. Both those wins came last year but Micky P has been dropped another lb and is now running off 62 which gives him every chance here if able to build on his encouraging run at Lingfield. The Stuart Williams stable are in better form now having had 2 winners in the last couple of weeks from from 9 runners. They landed a massive gamble at Kempton on the 1st of September and his runners do often need following if the money comes. Nothing stands out in the race which is why the favourite is as big as 13/2 in some places, so my selection looks to have as good a chance as any. Handicap debutant Faith and Hope looks certain to improve on what he has shown so far and Fallon has a good strike rate when riding for Fanshawe. I would say he is the main danger along with Sairaam who does like it around here. Micky P should be suited by the step up to 7f here, has won at the course previously, will handle the ground and is 4lbs lower than his last winning mark. Fingers crossed he will do the business :hope

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 15:50 Sedgefield BANDANAMAN let me down last time (albeit only just) and now stepping up to 2m4f, he should go one better with AP on board. Fit from the flat (still a maiden), he ran a cracking race when favourite two weeks ago. He hit a flat spot about 3 out but picked up again well and stayed on very nicely in the closing stages. He couldn't just get the past the game winner in front (who reopposes). However, my selection is a stayer on the flat and should relish the step up in trip, especially as he indicated last time that he needed it. Should jump better for the experience too and I again really like his chances. Alan Swinbank has gone to the length of booking AP McCoy for both his horses at Sedgefield today who both look to have excellent chances. When they combine, they have a 1/1 record. 7/2 may look skinny but I felt he should be 2/1 or so. Won't mind which way the ground goes either. BANDANAMAN; Win @ 7/2 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD 6th of September Leicester 3.30 Coothill Lass 10/1 (Bet365) Looks an open race in which a few have chances. Im going to take a chance on Coothill Lass who has a 100% record at Leicester. Although all those wins were in sellers, he done them well winning by at least 2L each time. Latest win, travelled powerfully before kicking on and winning comfortably. Ran well at Epsom on debut for new stable last time out in a class 4 event (today class 5), dropping in class and back at his favourite track with SDS on board, should go well.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September

Leicester 3.30 Coothill Lass 10/1 (Bet365) Looks an open race in which a few have chances. Im going to take a chance on Coothill Lass who has a 100% record at Leicester. Although all those wins were in sellers, he done them well winning by at least 2L each time. Latest win, travelled powerfully before kicking on and winning comfortably. Ran well at Epsom on debut for new stable last time out in a class 4 event (today class 5), dropping in class and back at his favourite track with SDS on board, should go well.
Runs in the 3:00pm mate!

Leicester 3.30 Coothill Lass 10/1 (Bet365) Looks an open race in which a few have chances. Im going to take a chance on Coothill Lass who has a 100% record at Leicester. Although all those wins were in sellers, he done them well winning by at least 2L each time. Latest win, travelled powerfully before kicking on and winning comfortably. Ran well at Epsom on debut for new stable last time out in a class 4 event (today class 5), dropping in class and back at his favourite track with SDS on board, should go well.
CORRECTION: Selection runs in the "Leicester 3.00"

Re: BBOTD 6th of September Ling 2.10 - Lady victory - ew at 28/1 bog bet365 Going to take a chance with Mick Channon's outsider here Has the plum draw up against the rail and first time visor to sharpen her up. She won her maiden on this track and on the projected good to firm ground, so the conditions should be no problem The problem is the last time run which was poor, beaten 17 lengths and finished last in a nursery at HQ. She was drawn on the outside that day (in the middle of the track) and jinked to the right on leaving the stalls and was always in the rear. She can't jink to the right today because the rail's there Big drop in class today from that Class 2 at Newmarket to Class 5 here and the handicapper has dropped her a couple of pounds as well The current first 2 in the betting are drawn in the widest 2 stalls which is usually regarded as a big disadvantage on the straight track here so an upset could be on the cards !

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 3:00 Leicester - Here To Eternity - win @ 10/1 (Bet365) Doubts over ground conditions make this a risky race to punt in but Here To Eternity is an animal that I feel could have a nice amount in hand, assuming she gets ideal conditions. What her ideal conditions are is something I can't be fully sure of and although Peter Chapple-Hyam's 3 year old filly disappointed last twice when tackling softer ground, I don't think that's what is to blame for her poor efforts. The ground is currently listed as being good-to-firm, good in places and if the rain materializes as expected, it should end up being on the slow side of good. Hopefully that won't be a problem for this animal and if the ground ends up being fairly decent, I'll be going in again. Here To Eternity only lined out once as a juvenile and although the overall result was poor (well beaten), she showed enough promise to suggest that she'd be winning races. That promise came to fruition on her opening start as a 3 year old, as this nicely-bred daughter of a 1 mile Listed winner ran out a ¾ length winner over 7f at Folkestone. She traveled very well under the hands of Jack Mitchell and once popped the question, responded in a decent manner. I don't think that track is exactly what she'd be after and even though it was a weak maiden, she showed plenty of promise for when she'd be heading off to contest handicaps. Next time out, in a competitive 14 runner handicap at Warwick, Here To Eternity was a very unlucky loser (off this mark) having suffered from traffic problems mid-race. She had a poor draw and was forced to drop in behind at the rear of the field because of it. That's not ideal at a sharp, speedy track like Warwick and racing prominently is a massive plus, as shown by the end result in that outing (first 3 raced handy in messy race). Peter Chapple-Hyam's filly made ground on the field when coming into the bend very wide in an attempt to bag the rail and although she did, it proved her undoing as a trio of horses crossed her path in the process of making that move, leaving her jockey with no option but to switch left for a run. She showed a very nice turn of foot to fly through the gaps and ran on strongly, eventually going down by just half-a-length in 4th. It was a performance that showed she was more than capable of landing some handicap prizes in the coming months. Things didn't really materialize since as Here To Eternity disappointed over 6f at Salisbury before doing similar over 7f at Yarmouth, both runs being on softer ground. I'm willing to write off those efforts fairly easily as I don't feel she had things to suit. This stiff 7 furlong test at Leicester should suit, as I expect her to get a mile in time and the fact that she's running in a bigger field should also help (needs cover, raced a bit free last time out). The yard are also in good form of late with 3 winners from their last 9 runners and when the trainer comes down to this track, he usually does very well. 27% of his runners have won (19-70) and he also shows a massive £80 LSP. William Buick takes over in the saddle for the first time and he's 3-15 on the flat for this yard. It's hopefully a sign of intent and Chapple-Hyam only comes down to Leicester with one runner today. Overall, I don't think this contest is anything special (fav won Chepstow seller last time out!) and this filly could take plenty of beating if she can put her last couple of outings behind her. The ground is the only worry but anything that's not too soft should be suitable. Small win stakes for me - I'll be greedy and hope for the best.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 3.30 Leicester Chatterer win @ 6/1 William Hill She won a maiden on the all weather at Lingfield back in June and followed this up with a decent 3rd placing behind Siken Thoughts at Newbury last time out. Stable in decent form at the moment and she looks well handicapped off a mark of 68 here. She will appreciate the step up in trip and could take the prize money here.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September If it's BH, I would like to chance my selection to this one please. 4.00 Leicester Humidor win @ 7/2 Boylesports Wasn't going to back this as I am going through a bit of a barren spell but I really fancy this horse today. This horse ran an absolute cracker last time out in group 2 company at Goodwood and must have every chance here if repeating that run. Fallon has been booked for the ride and the horse has been dropped 2lbs and pitched into class 4 company.

If it's BH, I would like to chance my selection to this one please. 4.00 Leicester Humidor win @ 7/2 Boylesports Wasn't going to back this as I am going through a bit of a barren spell but I really fancy this horse today. This horse ran an absolute cracker last time out in group 2 company at Goodwood and must have every chance here if repeating that run. Fallon has been booked for the ride and the horse has been dropped 2lbs and pitched into class 4 company.
I dont think thats allowed CPO! Micky P isnt a Non-Runner! Were you waiting to see if a Stuart Williams gamble came about ? :p

Re: BBOTD 6th of September L3.30 Tiny Temper 0.5pt E/W 12/1 Bet365 They're only just pricing this race up but I'll take the 12/1 now with Bet365 since the only other 2 firms to price it up are going 15/2. I'm taking a chance that the rain spreading over much of the country hits Leicester hard (sorry BH) because on breeding, the horse would be suited by it. The horse makes its handicap debut today and the trainer is in better form now than when the horse has been running previously so it'll be no surprise to see it step up on previous efforts today.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 3:00 Cootehill Lass @ Leicester - Has won all its career wins here at Leicester the most recent back in July.Good jockey booking today in Sylvester De Souza who has an 18% strike rate on 3 year olds this year plus a +20.00 profit at Leicester over the last 5 seasons 1 pt Win bet @ 7/1 Ladbrokes Cheers

Re: BBOTD 6th of September O Ma Lad - 3.30 Leicester (0.5ew 12-1 BOYLESPORTS BOG) Very lightly raced (only five runs, two of which were last year), but progressed nicely after a break to win on the all-weather last time out. That form looks pretty solid as the 4th won next time out and the runner-up and 6th have each subsequently finished runner-up. Hasn't looked quite as effective on his two turf runs to date, but the step up to 12f may bring further improvement.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 2.00 Leicester - Love Tale (0.5pt EW 66/1 Will Hill) This race is full of name trainers which helps to shorten their runners and gives us a bit more value. She is definitely outclassed thus far by what the top couple in the market have achieved, but last run showed marked improvement and was noted as having been forced to race through an area of dead ground. Upped another furlong today, and if she manages to improve again in a race full of patchy form she will have a fighting chance at the business end.

If it's BH, I would like to chance my selection to this one please. 4.00 Leicester Humidor win @ 7/2 Boylesports Wasn't going to back this as I am going through a bit of a barren spell but I really fancy this horse today. This horse ran an absolute cracker last time out in group 2 company at Goodwood and must have every chance here if repeating that run. Fallon has been booked for the ride and the horse has been dropped 2lbs and pitched into class 4 company.
I dont think thats allowed CPO! Micky P isnt a Non-Runner! Were you waiting to see if a Stuart Williams gamble came about ? :p
It's fine to change your selections:ok

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 350 Seg: Jeu De Roseau 1pt (9/2 Hills, Bet365) Going against the fav Banadnaman here, the selection Jeu De Roseau ran last time on the flat when 4th at Pontefract, in third place that day was Bandanaman just a neck in front. JDR carried a stone more than Bandanaman that day and actually recieves 3lbs over hurdles. I know the two different codes are hard to equate but the selection when last seen over hurdles was quite impressive here at Sedgefield when very well backed. He has gone up 15lbs for that but has improved 7lbs on the level so he should be competative off this mark and is proven at the trip. Just think he's value and the price on Bandanaman is false due to AP being in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 3.30 Leicester - 1pt win Chatterer @ 5/1 (Bet365) - BOG Marcus Tregoning's horses have come into their own in the latter part of the season, recording a 21% strike rate last month and has had 2 winners and 3 places from his last 9 runners. Chatterer makes his fifth track appearance this afternoon, and it's very difficult to see a poor run from him. He put a poor debut run behind him when scoring at the second attempt - with the tongue-tie fitted - winning by 1/2l at Lingfield over 10f. He beat Dare To Bear into 2nd with 3l back to the third. That horse has run two good races in handicap company the last twice. Chatterer failed to land a blow on his next start, but had the excuse of a very slow start under the riding of Katia Scallan, and therefore ran a good race under the circumstances. He was detached but managed to latch onto the field and finish 3rd of 6. He should have won that day really but used to much gas up making amends for his sloppy beginning. Expectedly, he bounced back to form last time out when a fast-finishing 3rd at Newbury - just unable to reel in the two leaders. The form looks decent, however, with the winner winning again since in Silken Thoughts, and the runner-up winning its first hurdle start comfortably on its only outing since. The key today would be the step up in trip for this individual. His pedigree tells me that it will prove no problem whatsoever, and has shaped as if needing further - especially on his most recent start. He's by a high-class miler in Alhaarth and his dam, whilst unraced, is an unraced half-sister to a 12f Group 2 winner, a 12f Group 3 winner and was out of a stayer. He looks sure to improve for the trip, and looks ready to pick a race up off a mark of 68.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 2.20 Sedgefield: Cordillera 1pt win @ 9/2 Bet365 BOG Made a pleasing start on hurdles debut when a decent 3rd over this trip at Stratford in what looks quite a decent event (finished miles clear of 4th). Stable in really good heart at present with a 47% strike rate over the last 14 days and their novices running particularly well. They go double handed in this event and their other horse San Bellino cannot be readily discounted on pedigree, however of the two Cordillera has to be favoured given it's racecourse experience and promise of better to come from hurdles debut. A couple of other interesting horses oppose and this does look competitive but at 9/2 I would be happy to side with the Donald McCain horse.

Re: BBOTD 6th of September Monsieur Joe – 1pt win @ 11/8 bet365 Monsieur Joe is well overdue a return to wining ways. Hasn’t tasted the win for over a year now. Now he has won over course and distance here before, so this proves the race for him here is not a problem. The only difference will be the going as his win came on good / firm ground. Hopefully the rain will hold off enough to not hamper his efforts today. Hasn’t had a run out since may so he should be fresh for this one as long as he's fully fit. :hope

2.00 Leicester - Love Tale (0.5pt EW 66/1 Will Hill) This race is full of name trainers which helps to shorten their runners and gives us a bit more value. She is definitely outclassed thus far by what the top couple in the market have achieved, but last run showed marked improvement and was noted as having been forced to race through an area of dead ground. Upped another furlong today, and if she manages to improve again in a race full of patchy form she will have a fighting chance at the business end.
Got 7th, beaten 6.5 lengths, ran bloody well for a horse that went off at 125/1! :rollin

Re: BBOTD 6th of September 0.5 e/w dubara reef 15.30 leicester 16/1 bet365 dubara reef holds decent e/w claims @ 16/1,dubara reef has had 26 runs todate winning 5 times includeing 1 class 4 win (this is class 5) and 2 class 5 wins,showing a healthy £15.83 profit to a level stake,tradeing @ 15 on betfair suggests that it will go off shorter than 16/1,weakened final furlong last time out over 16 furlongs suggests the 13 furlongs today could suit