** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sunday 4th of September

Aidymac

On The Hoof - York 1:50 Satanic Beat is the favourite currently for this race but my selection finished ahead of Satanic Beat on their last run, albeit only by a short-head but still ahead of it nonetheless. Didnt run too straight forward but looked to me like the step up to 7f will suit more , i think it needs a bit of time to settle. The last run when 4th to Bomber Jet was a Class 2 race and tomorrow is a Class 4, a decent drop in class. Also the first 3 in the last race all came from low draws and On The Hoof finished best of the high drawn horses which can be significant. On The Hoof is still unexposed and is open to a lot of improvement and tomorrow wears blinkers for the first time which could set it alight. Mick Easterby is having a good year and Graham Gibbons has great profit margins when they team up. Hoof It was an unlucky loser in my opinion today and maybe On The Hoof can make amends for them tomorrow! 0.5 Points E/W @ 5/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 15:30 York Not really a fan of these sorts of races at York but this one doesn't look that competitive even though there's plenty of runners. PARISIAN PYRAMID is unpenalised for a fine run in the St.Wilfred at Ripon, as he won "his race" in convincing fashion. He was drawn on the wrong side and didn't really stand a chance for win purposes. Although I'm not overly convinced on how easy he is to win with, he's a couple of lbs well in I feel and is overpriced anyway. He's reliable, likes York (placed here on three occasions) and is fresher than most, having only had the one run after coming back from a break. Philip Makin back on is a plus and this one won't mind which way the ground goes, having good form on soft and on faster ground. Should be around 7/1 so was surprised to see 10's, even without best odds guaranteed. Will take the 9's on offer with BOG for BBOTD purposes, however. PARISIAN PYRAMID; Win @ 9/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 14.45 Fontwell Fine Lace - 1pt win @ sp Fine Lace has the best form of the bunch over hurdles and her jumping improved as she got in to the race last time and can go 1 better here being a lightly raced filly and can get the win here on the second attempt now back in trip

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 1:50 York - Satanic Beat - 1pt @ 4/1 (Bet365) 10 runners are set to go to post for this Nursery and Satanic Beat looks likely to give it a good shot. Jedd O'Keeffe's talented juvenile has run well on all of his 3 career outings to date. He placed first time up at Newcastle over an inadequate 5 furlongs (ran green but only beaten ¾ of a length) and stepped up on that performance when he lined out at this track over 6f in July. Having been outpaced during the race, he stayed on stoutly under pressure to win going away in what was a decent little contest. That win entitled him to run off a mark of 80 a few weeks later and again, he lined up over 6f at York, this time on slightly slower ground. He didn't come under pressure as easily as before but once he was asked for an effort, all the doors were closed and he just couldn't get through (hampered also). Eventually Tom Queally switched him and he finished well to come a 2 length 5th of 16, a short-head behind the similarly fast-finishing On The Hoof, who's the current 5/2 favourite for this race (gambled overnight from 6/1). O'Keffee's charge is 3lbs better off though and I reckon the step up to 7f is will suit him more that Mick Easterby's runner (who is bred to be a sprinter but shapes as if he'll get this trip - risky), so the prices have to be wrong on that basis. Satanic Beat has quite a nice action so the current good ground won't hinder his chances and even if the rain comes, he shouldn't have a problem. Overall, he's probably double the price he should be an I'll play medium win stakes. I'd go in heavier if it wasn't for my dislike of juvenile races - as they're hard for me to call - but this fellow should be up to running a big race. He has a lot more to come and a mark of 80 should not inconvenience, it's just a matter of whether something in the field has a lot more in hand, which is possible but hopefully won't be the case. The yard are also in decent form with 3 winners and a second from their 13 runners in August.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 3.30 York - 1pt win Capone @ 20/1 (Hills) - BOG Competitive sprint handicap, and although my selection may be seen as the David Nicholls second string, he has a reasonably each-way chance in my eyes. The sprint King does very well with his runners over the shorter distances, and Capone is another horse he seems to be getting the best out of following his move to Nicholls' yard this June. Capone was useful in his own right for his previous yards but has been lightly raced recently, and it looks like Nicholls can get the horse to fulfil greater potential than with his past trainers. He was useful on the all-weather in the winter of 2009 but only ran once in 2010 - flopping at Haydock. This season, however, has been extremely encouraging, and I feel he's capable of getting involved in a good sprint handicap. His return to the track at Yarmouth was a superb effort given he was keen, as he narrowly went down to Below Zero. A horse who has been in very good form in good races. He won off 14lbs higher than when beating Capone, just yesterday in a valuable event in Ireland where he won easily. He also boasts good recent placed form behind the progressive Belle Royale and then Eton Rifles. Capone went back to the polytrack which he clearly enjoys at Kempton next time. He won very authoritatively by 2 1/2l. It wasn't a bad race by all-weather standards and he put it to bed in a matter of strides. That was off 85 and suggested another win was in him. His sights were set higher next time out when sent rather optimistically to Newmarket for a listed race. He was one of the lowest rated in the field and it was difficult off level weights against horses in the 90s and even 100s in the case of Monsieur Chevalier. He travelled reasonably well in rear if a little keen, and had to be switched right out when it's probably ideal to be closer to the rail. He was soon left behind but it wasn't without promise given the way he travelled and the track position he had to race in. He only beat 1 home but he couldn't lose much in defeat in such a contest. This race looks more suitable, back in a handicap at a more reasonable level, and I think he's a bit overpriced. He needs to pull out more on turf off a mark of 93, but if anyone can squeeze out that improvement in him it's Nicholls. Conditions look ideal and I think high draws will have the benefit here. He's coming out of 16 which looks a good draw, and I think he can run a big race. It's obviously very competitive - like all races of this nature - but this horse has plenty of talent, and his first two runs of this season were highly encouraging. You would have taken Capone out of the race rather than Below Zero, and with the latter winning off a much higher mark since, it suggests that Capone can also win off an 11lb higher mark especially given he wasn't race fit when running on that occasion. His win was very decisive at Kempton and the price looks too big to turn down an each-way bet in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September Y3.30 Swilly Ferry 0.5pt E/W 14/1 Stan James This horse has been given some respite by the handicapper and could return to form off a fair mark today. Its run LTO when tried in blinkers for the first time was a step up on previous recent efforts and the headgear is back on today. The horse has a big field 6 furlong sprint win to its name when winning at Newmarket last year off a 7lb higher mark so 14/1 looks a fair price today.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 2.45 Fontwell - My Condor 1pt win 7/4 bet365 Has proved to be quite consistent over fences with 18/35 top 3 finishes and finished 3L behind Soul Magic lto who had also beaten it time before by a shd and recently completed a 4 timer off 94. Mccains runners are dong extremely well at moment with 9 wins from 17 and a further 5 places. Its main rival Fine Lace sole win in nh came in a maiden hurdle and form of that doesnt look exceptionall and mines is generally more reliable. Mccain does well here , 4 wins and a further place from 6

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September York 5.00 Fossgate - Each Way 9/1 (Bet365) Having a fantastic year, with 4 win in last 6 starts. Excused last run on ground that was too soft and a trip that was too short. Back to optimum conditions today and registered a comfortable 6l win 2 runs ago, has been raised 9lb for that but done that easily and could defy a penalty today.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 3.30 York Baby Strange e/w @ 14/1 Bet365 This horse showed he is in form with a good 3rd last time out at Sandown over 5f. He was slowly away that day and did well to get as close as he did as it's pretty tough to come from behind over 5f at Sandown. A return to 6f here should suit and the horse is a CD winner. Baby Strange ran over CD back in July where he finished a fast finishing 5th behind the well backed favourite Hoof It. This was a great effort and came off a mark of 89. He has been dropped a lb since that run and there is nothing of the calibre of Hoof It in the field. This race will be run to suit with the presence of quite a few front runners and if getting luck in running, I expect Baby Strange to be running on well at the finish.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 3.30 York Ingelby Lady ew @ 25/1 Stan James Not seen on the race course for 13 months and has moved stables in that period from David Barron's yard to David O'Meara's. Last win came in a handicap over todays course and distance in May last year. It's a very competitive event but the ground will suit the selection and she is unexposed in comparison to some of her rivals. It could be that she needs the run but the last win at York was after a seven month lay off and if striping fit today could spring a suprise on her debut for new stable at a big price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 4.50 Fontwell: Winning Show 1pt (12/1 Bet365) Only 6 runners and apart from Award Winner they are all hold up merchants. AP is sure to set a good pace on the front runner but the small field may help the rag in the race Winning Show. He has won around here over hurdles and fences and stays well. The stable have done well recently and this one has a chance off 10st. 12/1 is too big for a horse who has the beating of the fav on their latest race. Winning Show is now 17lb better off for 13 lengths with Surfboard and he made a bad error 3 out in that race or would have finished closer.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 0.5 e/w magic in motion fontwell 17.50 14/1 bet365 magic in motion ran a terrible race last time out over 2miles 1 furlong so im going to totally ignore that and base this bbotd on its only other run were magic in motion was a decent 2nd having no chance with the odds on fav but well ahead of the other runners,the drop down to 14 furlongs might suit,the odds on fav in this race has not run for 219 days were it was a c and d winner but is carrying well over a stone more today and i fancy it to get turned over,im just hopeing its magic in motion that turns it over

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September Ladykin 0,5 E/W (8,00) @ BET365 13:50 York Ladykin got an impressiv start to her career, whit one win and two places, in four races. Today she will team up, whit one of the best jockeys, in Paul Hanagan. If he can transfer, some of his winning mentality to this young filly, then they will be a serious contender.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September Fontwell 4.15 Tenzing win - 20/1 Lads WH Half-brother to my favorite Life Of A Luso, who was equally bad over hurdles and in pointers. Then Paul Henderson turned him into a pretty decent chaser and I have my hopes he could do the same with Tenzing too. Opening mark 85 and Tom O'Brien booked. Has been nibbled this morning and the price is worth a few quid imo. The horse clearly is a chaser and if he has any sort of ability, then he could go close off feather weight.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 3:30 York: Ingleby Lady 1pt win 25/1 Stan James David O'Meara has been going great guns and was amongst the winners yesterday at Ascot and Thirsk. He takes over Ingleby Lady from David Barron and it will be no easy task to find improvement after leaving that excellent handler. However, Ingleby Lady has only thirteen starts to her name so there could be some scope and interestingly she does go well fresh, winning on both her two previous seasonal openers. Worth a shot in a wide open race, with course and going to suit.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September York 4.00 - Boss's Destination - win at 3/1 bog wm hill Has hit form in the last few weeks with a half length defeat at Ayr followed by an 8 length win when stepped up to 2 miles for the first time Still lightly raced and is open to improvement at staying trips Stable has hit form after a dicky spell in the summer

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September 3:30 Baby Strange @ York - Finished well LTO at Sandown to finish only three quarters of a length down in 3rd.Off the same mark as that day and has the same jockey onboard today if getting the breaks throughout the race can finish strong to get up 0.5 pt E/W@ 14/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September

15:30 York Not really a fan of these sorts of races at York but this one doesn't look that competitive even though there's plenty of runners. PARISIAN PYRAMID is unpenalised for a fine run in the St.Wilfred at Ripon, as he won "his race" in convincing fashion. He was drawn on the wrong side and didn't really stand a chance for win purposes. Although I'm not overly convinced on how easy he is to win with, he's a couple of lbs well in I feel and is overpriced anyway. He's reliable, likes York (placed here on three occasions) and is fresher than most, having only had the one run after coming back from a break. Philip Makin back on is a plus and this one won't mind which way the ground goes, having good form on soft and on faster ground. Should be around 7/1 so was surprised to see 10's, even without best odds guaranteed. Will take the 9's on offer with BOG for BBOTD purposes, however. PARISIAN PYRAMID; Win @ 9/1 Bet365 (bog)
When will it end :sad

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September STEEL STOCKHOLDER 4.30 York. 0.5 points each way. Not the best of efforts yesterday, but that was his first run for a while and he can improve upon it. Interesting to see him entered up again for today, and with trip and ground suitable and racing off the same mark as yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see a big run today. Big odds and well worth a go. 28/1 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th of September

0.5 e/w magic in motion fontwell 17.50 14/1 bet365 magic in motion ran a terrible race last time out over 2miles 1 furlong so im going to totally ignore that and base this bbotd on its only other run were magic in motion was a decent 2nd having no chance with the odds on fav but well ahead of the other runners,the drop down to 14 furlongs might suit,the odds on fav in this race has not run for 219 days were it was a c and d winner but is carrying well over a stone more today and i fancy it to get turned over,im just hopeing its magic in motion that turns it over
the above is a non runner so will try 0.5 e/w ophelia,s kiss 17.50 fontwell @sp im still not likeing the odds on fav here with the long layoff and the top weight so i will try a bigger outsider in ophelias kiss who returns to racing after 291 days but is one of only a few who has a little bit of form in the past,2 runs todate both in class 5 company(this is class 6) and less weight than when a decent 4th over 13 furlongs 2 races ago,currently 6.8 on betfair for a place,i will try a quid