Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September

Mustafa

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September

Yes' date=' Ireland did win in Armenia, but God only knows how with Armenia creating dozens of chances. Results count - I'm well aware of that - but that's no reason to assume the same will occur here. Let's wait and see though - should be a good game :)[/quote'] I respect your write-up Mozzi, maybe i am being a bit disrespectful towards the Armenians, i am Irish so i am being very biased! Still impossible for me to invisage Armenia finishing 2nd no matter how i look at it, thanks for the feedback mate and hope we chat again!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to you either Mustafe but i am a realist.. On paper Lithuania are far superior to Liechenstein and most people thought Lithuania would win comfortably.. Fortunately i am a realist unlike you who just backs everything that is over 10/1 for the sake of calling it value...
I am not saying backing Armenia because I can't remember when they managed an away win against sides better than Andorra, but do think that there might be some value in tacking some other bets. For instance both to score which is @ 2.40.

I am not saying backing Armenia because I can't remember when they managed an away win against sides better than Andorra' date=' but do think that there might be some value in tacking some other bets. For instance both to score which is @ 2.40.[/quote'] Slovakia home record is poor but Armenia's away record is a lot poorer - it's hard to see them winning.

Slovakia home record is poor but Armenia's away record is a lot poorer - it's hard to see them winning.
I did not say anything about winning. Anyway after doing my own research and reading others opinions this game is NO BET for me.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Latvia - Greece Even though Latvia managed to beat Georgia away I consider it as a fluke. They only won 3 out of their last 10 games and managed 1-1 draw at home against Georgia. They lost the remaining 6 games. Greece is undefeated in their last 10 games with 7 wins and 3 draws and all draws were in friendly games. In this qualifying campaign they drew with Georgia in the opening fixture and then won 5 games. They also played Latvia 3 times and won all 3 games. Greece @ 1.80 (2 units) Ladbrokes

Ireland are too big @ 5.4 They were abysmal last night but their team is set up for away matches perfectly, very hard to score against them and they usually nick a goal away. Slovakia went to Russia and won, Russia were very poor last night also and Ireland have a decent chance to win the game
Maybe but you should have in mind that Long and captain O'Shea are out with injuries.On the other hand,Russia will play without Akinfeev who will be out for 6 months.In my eyes this will be a draw or Russia wins with a one goal margin.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Simplest bets : Romania - France under 2.5 ... we, Romania, will be playing with defenders all over the place, our right winger will be a defender, central midfielders, both VERY defensive minded, left wing also defensive, our attacker is strong, not fast and scored 6 goals this season, but I can tell you we will not be putting France in jeopardy because we have no player capable to give a pass from the midfield. All our midfield is made of 4 defensive midfielders and our left wing is the only one capable of delivering a creative pass. But even so, we'll have only one striker in front so we won't be much of a danger. The problem is that we have bad defenders in central defense, because Radu Stefan from Lazio is injured, G Tamas from WBA is disciplinary suspended. We won;t have upfront the services of Mutu(disciplinary suspended), nor Marica(who probably won't play cause he didn't train because of his injury in the match with Louxemburg). Our best right winger G Torje who scored both goals against Louxemburg won't play. I'm telling you The French should be complete idiots if they don't win this one. Only luck can save us. On the other hand, France couldn't beat Belarus so they're quite pathetic too. Under is the best bet, but I dare to say that we won't score ... with just one attacker and only one attacking midfielder (C. Tanase) capable of passing. Forgot to mention we have a central defender C Moti, who was a constant threat for his team Dinamo Bucharest last season due to his mistakes in defence and own goals. The other central defender L Goian could be a threat from corners he's tall and a good with his head and positioning, but in defence he lacks mobility(he's as dynamic as a pillar). On the right wing we are secured I'd say we have Banel Nicolita in midfield who will help in defence and he has great pace and stamina, great determination too and we have C Sapunaru the right defender from Fc Porto.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Georgia @ 1.88 Betfair Georgia was really unlucky that they lost to Latvia. Latvian team had only one real chance for goal in the whole game and basically scored because of mistake of goalkeeper. At the same time Georgia controlled the game, had 2 posts, a few good saves from Latvian keeper and at the end of the game - 0 points. Sometimes that kind of things happen... Malta is no doubt the weekest team in this group and had 0 points in their 7 games so far. Imo Georgia is at least one class above Malta and the odds for the straight win looks generous for me. Greece @ 1.87 Betfair A must bet for me. As I previously wrote, Latvia looked pretty weak against Georgia but with some lucky free kick goal they managed to take victory from Georgia. In this game we will see ''back to the reality''. It actually doesn't matter so much for the Latvian team to play at home or away because they play the same style all games - defensive style, one guy upfront, some long passes and no creativity. Last 3 encouters for these two teams were all Greece wins, besides that Greece hasn't lost already 13 games so far. I rate Greece at least one class above Latvian team and considering the situaion in the group (they are fighting for the first spot with Croatia) this is a must 3 points for them. Basically......this Latvia's win against Georgia shade the eyes for bookies, because the odds for the away win is more than generous. Katsour (suspended), Ninis & Kafes (injuried) won't travel to Latvia but even without those players they should win this game comfortably. Odds in Asia are also dropping.

Simplest bets : Romania - France under 2.5 ... we, Romania, will be playing with defenders all over the place, our right winger will be a defender, central midfielders, both VERY defensive minded, left wing also defensive, our attacker is strong, not fast and scored 6 goals this season, but I can tell you we will not be putting France in jeopardy because we have no player capable to give a pass from the midfield. All our midfield is made of 4 defensive midfielders and our left wing is the only one capable of delivering a creative pass. But even so, we'll have only one striker in front so we won't be much of a danger. The problem is that we have bad defenders in central defense, because Radu Stefan from Lazio is injured, G Tamas from WBA is disciplinary suspended. We won;t have upfront the services of Mutu(disciplinary suspended), nor Marica(who probably won't play cause he didn't train because of his injury in the match with Louxemburg). Our best right winger G Torje who scored both goals against Louxemburg won't play. I'm telling you The French should be complete idiots if they don't win this one. Only luck can save us. On the other hand, France couldn't beat Belarus so they're quite pathetic too. Under is the best bet, but I dare to say that we won't score ... with just one attacker and only one attacking midfielder (C. Tanase) capable of passing. Forgot to mention we have a central defender C Moti, who was a constant threat for his team Dinamo Bucharest last season due to his mistakes in defence and own goals. The other central defender L Goian could be a threat from corners he's tall and a good with his head and positioning, but in defence he lacks mobility(he's as dynamic as a pillar). On the right wing we are secured I'd say we have Banel Nicolita in midfield who will help in defence and he has great pace and stamina, great determination too and we have C Sapunaru the right defender from Fc Porto.
Do you reckon there'll be 2 goals in the game, or if France will win? France were available at 1/1 earlier on Bet365.

Maybe but you should have in mind that Long and captain O'Shea are out with injuries.On the other hand' date='Russia will play without Akinfeev who will be out for 6 months.In my eyes this will be a draw or Russia wins with a one goal margin.[/quote'] Long has never been a first choice starter, so not worried about that! O Shea will be missed but Ireland will do fine, Russians dont pose much of a threat up front! Ireland will get a result, very confident!

What I wanted to say is that Turkey is a very lucky team. They scored last night from deflection and I won't be surprised if they beat Austria by an odd own goal.
yes, definitely. They will score either from a deflection or via beachball in the last minute :lol

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Regarding Latvia - Greece game. As Kaspars Gorks (best defender in team, Reading FC) get the second yellow card against Georgia, he won't be in the squad against Greece. Pavel Mihaudjuk will replace him. To be honest, Latvia's defensive line looked already shaky against Georgia, and now without Gorks... thats a pretty big blow for the team

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September I'll have another little accumulator on the following. Croatia v Israel Slovakia v Armenia Spain v Liechtenstein (Spain to win both halves) Latvia v Greece Total odds: 3.62 Sportsbet I fancy Croatia at home, they played well the other night and secured a good result. I can't see a reason for why that form won't continue. I've included Slovakia based on the poor defensive issues the Armenians have, which has been well documented and discussed lol. I'll also have a pop on Greece who have a very impressive record in recent fixtures, thanks to Mustafa for the stats. And the bet on Spain is a no brainer, they'll surely win both halves against such a weak opposition? well, if only football was that simple. I'll probably take England -1 at some stage aswell, waiting to see what the odds do first though. :ok

I'll have another little accumulator on the following. Croatia v Israel Slovakia v Armenia Spain v Liechtenstein (Spain to win both halves) Latvia v Greece Total odds: 3.62 Sportsbet I fancy Croatia at home, they played well the other night and secured a good result. I can't see a reason for why that form won't continue. I've included Slovakia based on the poor defensive issues the Armenians have, which has been well documented and discussed lol. I'll also have a pop on Greece who have a very impressive record in recent fixtures, thanks to Mustafa for the stats. And the bet on Spain is a no brainer, they'll surely win both halves against such a weak opposition? well, if only football was that simple. I'll probably take England -1 at some stage aswell, waiting to see what the odds do first though. :ok
just wanted to add that croatians have some trouble with fans.. the atmosphere may not be friendly, even if they play on the home pitch. balcan through and through xD this may affect their play.

Ireland are too big @ 5.4 They were abysmal last night but their team is set up for away matches perfectly, very hard to score against them and they usually nick a goal away. Slovakia went to Russia and won, Russia were very poor last night also and Ireland have a decent chance to win the game
Looking at the two sides home/away records in their last 10 fixtures, I think you're right. Ireland have a good recent away record, unbeaten in their last 10 away games (5/5/0). Russia have a good recent home record 6/1/3) but it's not as good as Ireland's away record. Russia won 3-2 in Ireland last year, and reading the reports apparently it was a well-deserved win, but it seems that away from home under Trappatoni, Ireland are a force. Taking all this into account, I think Ireland will be hard to beat, and there is probably more than a 50% chance of an Ireland win or draw, making Ireland +0.5 good value at 2.15. A riskier bet is the draw, which is 3.6, but I think these odds are too high - you could imagine that both sides might settle for a draw as it keeps both sides qualification chances pretty high, especially with easier games to come - http://www.soccerway.com/international/europe/european-championships/2012-poland-ukraine/qualifying-round/group-b/

Bear in mind there's no Gera' date=' Dzsudzsak or Szalai. They beat Sweden without all these boys, which is impressive, but it's enough to put me off.[/quote'] I know, but I still think they have the best team in last 40 years. Would be pity for them not to go to this World Cup!

I know' date=' but I still think they have the best team in last 40 years. Would be pity for them not to go to this World Cup![/quote'] Yeah. I watched 'em when they played in Holland, and they looked very good, particularly Gergely Rudolf, who'll play tomorrow, of course. Sweden result was impressive, especially without the trio mentioned. Malta v Georgia Under 2.5 @ 1.71 (Betfair) Obviously we're all aware of the low-scoring nature of the Georgians games, and the problems they have sticking it in the onion bag, which was once again demonstrated in the Latvia loss on Friday. Malta are capable of putting up a decent fight, and actually only lost to a last minute goal in the 1-0 defeat to Greece on their own turf. Slovakia v Armenia Both Teams To Score @ 2.45 (William Hill) I envisage a few goals here. Watched Armenia on Friday and they impressed me. They're nice to watch, and have a good goal threat. Obviously Slovakia is a different challenge than Andorra, but the Armenians have been quite potent on the road so far, netting twice at Macedonia, once at Russia, and of course the three on Friday. The Slovakians have struggled for goals to this point, scoring at the death against Macedonia, 1-1 with Ireland and a pitiful show against Andorra in a 1-0 win. Even so, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, the Armenian's aren't the most solid, and I expect to be breached. Switzerland @ 1.57 (Betfred) Obviously the impotent Bulgarians coming off the back of their loss to the English. They pose little attacking threat, and should struggle again against a usually solid Swiss backline. The Swiss put in a decent show in their last game at Wembley, and I think they can just nick this. Scotland @ 1.66 (Betfair) Scotland were bad on Saturday but I think it's a situation where it's now or never and they'll have just enough. It helps that the side they're playing in their last two lost in Liechtenstein, and failed to beat them at home.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Also: Holland AH -1 @ 1.58 (Bet365) Dutch 100% so far, and performing well on the road, San Marino 5-0, Moldova 1-0, Hungary 4-0. Finland showing signs of improvement under Paatelainen, most notably in the 4-1 rout of Moldova on Friday, but Holland know they win here and they're pretty much through, and I don't see a surprise.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Ireland @ 5.5 (Ladbrokes) Stands out like a sore thumb this price in my opinion. Russia have declined in recent years and where very poor and fortunate to win at home to Macedonia in their last game. Ireland always puts up a fight and think they are more than capable of winning this win. Russia should be evens and above here in my view.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September England vs Wales Looking at England's last 6 games in this competition, all of them have ended Under 10.5 Corners. Each of their 6 games have averaged about 7 corners per game. Though these odds are a bit skinny, I am more than happy to be backing this bet. Hoping that this trend continues for the 7th game in a row. The line set at 9.5 is a bit lower than what I had wished for, but I am still going to take it with a bit of cover. In the case that the game ends with exactly 10 or 11 corners my loss will be minimal. 1pt Exactly 10 corners @ 8.00 bet365 1pt Exactly 11 corners @ 9.00 bet365 10pts Under 9.5 corners @ 1.85 bet365

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Bolivia - Peru 2.00 3.30 3.70 This match is being played in La Paz which is 3600 metres above sea level, so i am thinking Bolivia win on the cards..... plus these two teams played a coupe of days ago and the score was 2-2, but this was played in Peru..

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Denmark - Norway 1.91 3.30 4.20 Norway will surely approach this game with caution and I think draw will please them although a win would probably secure second spot at least. If Denmark would win rest of their games then they would have 19 points which would give them first spot...Lost points here for Denmark would feel like a pulled handbrake....A lot to win for both if they win. Both these teams only scored seven times so far. This Denmark is surely favourite here but without impressing so far in this qualification I don´t expect them to pulverize Norway which is not a punching bag...Both home games for Denmark ended under 2,5 goals. I think this game will also have such outcome... 1. Portugal 6 13 pts 2. Norway 6 13 pts 3. Denmark 5 10 pts Games left which have influence on the table: Denmark - Norway Cyprus - Denmark Portugal - Iceland Denmark - Portugal Norway - Cyprus

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Scotland - Lithuania 1.62 3.80 5.50 No bet for me. Scotland´s "EURO-train" probably went when they only got draw against Czech Republic in last game. They still have small chance for second spot but now they don´t have everything in their own legs. As for the game...I don´t rate Lithuania´s morale so high right now. Maybe players are waiting for new coach

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Greece will definately win. It's sure bet. Latvia in midfield have Lukjanovs(playing well in poland), Cauna((CSKA sub), and central midfield Lazdins and Fertovs from Latvian league, that is really poor. Our midfield is really weak, so its doubrtful that we will score. And probablly will concede some goals. Win against Georgia was only luck. Georgia twice hit the post.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September Russia have a performance in them and it may well materialise tomorrow against a stubborn well drilled but limited Republic side. The Irish have not qualified for a world cup or european finals for almost ten years and they have a monkey on their back now, especially after being robbed by France two years back. With all the absentees for the Republic together with Trapattonis tactics and the Russian side on the brink of qualifying with a win here,i see the home side winning well, possibly by 4-1. Best case scenario for the Irish is a backs to the wall draw. In group D, Bosnia will consolidate second place and indeed will be pressing the French for top spot, if as expected they take the Belarussians on Tuesday,they look a good bet to follow up last Fridays victory with a second one here. Group H is a shootout between three teams Portugal, Norway and Denmark .The Norwegian Manager Egil Drillo Olsen is not renowned for his adventurous nature and he will happily take a draw tomorrow over his Scandinavian neighbour Denmark,which will put Norway in a very strong position in the group with Denmark and Portugal then becoming a crucial decider to both teams in October. So Russia and Bosnia to win at home and Denmark and Norway to finish leval. Be lucky :beer