** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 25th of August

Wine N Dine - Wolverhampton 8:15 Bernard Llewellyn interestingly has 2 runners of the 5 runners in the race tomorrow and he may have a ploy going on. Stablemate Gremlin runs in the same race and is currently around 14/1 and my selection is the complete outsider at 25/1. Has not run for 816 days but last time it ran on the AW it was 2nd at Lingfield over 2 miles off a mark of 89 and runs off a mark of 84 tomorrow. The horse has only had the 16 runs resulting in 2 wins and 6 places so has a 50% place strike-rate. On its only ever run at Wolverhampton it finished 2nd and the trainer has hit form with 2 wins in his last 7 runners. Thomas Brown takes off a further 7 pounds and if fresh from a break 25/1 looks value in a 5 runner affair. E/W @ 25/1 (Hills) BOG

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 3:10 Carlisle - Captain Scooby each-way at 10/1 (Bet365) Hasn't won since 2010 but now appears on an attractive handicap mark of 65 and has De Sousa onboard for the first time. The race appears to have over half the field preferring to race prominently/lead so Captain Scooby should benefit from being held-up. The worry might be that in thirty-five starts he's only ever won on ground with soft in the description, but he has acted on good ground, just not been well handicapped when doing so. Is one of two CD winners in the field which is encouraging. Despite carrying bottom weight in a better handicap lto he was ultimately outclassed and I think he's been overpriced back into realistic company here.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 5:10 Carlisle - Ellies Image This 4yo was a winner lto and, on a handicap mark of 57, is capable of doing more. She's been as high as 66 and has won previously at 150/1. She's not tackled Carlisle before, but Duran Fentiman takes the ride and he is 1 in 1 on her. Fentiman's also 1 in 1 with the trainer, Brian Baugh. 9/2 bet365 BOG - win

Re: BBOTD 25th of August Wolv 8.15 - Final Liberation - win at 11/10 Wm Hill Lightly raced 3 year old who's struck form with a vengeance after being stepped up in trip, winning handicaps by 7L and 4L is up in the weights and up in class which is a combination I normally avoid but he's looked so impressive that i reckon he'll cope. Looks a typical prescott handicapper - ran over the wrong trip to get a low mark then run up a sequence Is an out and out front runner and should be suited by the track and the small field...........hopefully he'll be travelling well in front and kick off the bend. Red Courtier looks the main danger and he's a horse i like but I think he might have to settle for 2nd today Two CD winners in the field but neither of them look in particular good nick and the other horse (see Aidymacs selection !) hasn't run for a couple of years but would still need a handicap career best to win I reckon my horse will be odds on by race time so 11/10 looks good value.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 6.10 Wolverhampton Goon Piper showed nothing on debut and is very quickly dropped in grade and tried on this surface.Stable however looks to be back in the groove and may improve enough to take this weakish race. One of only two runners for the stable who had 2 more winners yesterday. 1 Pt win 16/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 25th of August Lingfield 3.30 1 pt Ew Onebytheknows 10/1 (Boylesports) Ran in some hot maidens at Windsor and Salisbury behind some decnt types. Most recently switched to polytrack and upped to 7f from 6f and showed marked improvement. He was hampered when coming home strongly that day and would have finished closer than a 4L 4th of 11. Beat a horse called Dont Take Me Alive by 2L that day who came 2nd to a 1/3 shot yesterday. Should be more to come now handicapping and although this looks an open race should go well with proven form over distance and polytrack from plum draw.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 1pt win barizan ffos las 320 13/8 SJ grade 1 winner as a juvenile hurdler. dissapointing after that but switched to fences hes won when hes completed. seemingly the best form on view, mccoy chooses him over black jack bles whom he has ridden to both his victories and he wont want for assistance.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 6.20 Killarney Hans Crescent 12/1 e/w Ladbrokes Has been in decent enough form recently and should do better back in trip here over fences. A big strong looking horse, he should make a good chaser. He finished down the field in a competitive field at Galway over hurdles over 2m5f and should find this trip more to his liking having won over hurdles over 2m at Limerick 2 outings ago. This looks a tough race but hopefully my selection will be best equipped to deal with conditions today and the switch from hurdles.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 1 point win hill tribe 16.10 carlisle 16/1 william hill hill tribe can run a decent race over what is a shorter distance than what its used to,its last run i will ignore as it was up in class to a class 4 race,today down in class to a class 6 race should be more competative,has 9,6 on its back the same weight as its last win on the 3rd of march in a class 5 race,2 wins in its 21 starts at 16/1 looks to be decent value, both its wins were class 5,once finishing 2nd and 6 times in 3rd spot,i will have a small place bet on the exchanges but for bbotd going for win only

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 5.10 Carlisle: Schoolboy Champ 1pt win @ 11/1 Will Hill BOG Patrick Morris sends just this one runner out today to Carlisle and I think it has a great chance here. Won over C&D a few starts back from only 3lbs lower - has ideal conditions again and with Lee Topliss good for his 3lbs claim the horse effectively runs from the same mark here as that victory. Has put in some decent performances at this track as well as the win so could be decent value here at 11/1.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 3.30 Lingfield - 1pt win win Kyllasie @ 9/1 (Bet365) - BOG All 4 of Kyllasie's runs to date have been over the minimum trip, but she's bred to get further and has very much shaped as if a step up in trip would serve her well having been outpaced early on before staying on in her 3 maidens and one handicap try so far in her short career. She clearly showed something at home to be sent off at 4/11 on her racecourse debut at Kempton but she was chopped off when going for a run up the rail and ended up held in a 1 3/4l 4th of 5th. Her next two maidens followed the pattern of being slowly away and a bit outpaced before staying on behind some okay horses so it was hoped that her being entered into handicap company would be the making of her. Richard Hannon persisted with 5f and she was outpaced and ridden from an early stage before keeping on. The winner, Mister Musicmaster, looks progressive and went close in a good race last time out. Kyllasie was only beaten 2 1/2l by that rival, again shaping as if a bit more of a test would suit. I think she will get 7f which will allow her to go the early gallop, and looks a big price here so long as she settles because I think she'll get home, and exploit her lowly handicap mark now up in distance.

Re: BBOTD 25th of August 700 Cartmel: Soul Magic 1pt (11/4 WH) My Condor should set the pace here and last time they met Soul Magic picked him up on the run in, despite being worse off at the weights I can see a similar outcome here as the selction thrives at this course, stays well and the ground should be fine. My Condor may want it firmer so he can get a clear lead and is ridden by a young lad and this old monkey may need firmer handling. Executives Hall has been winning over hurdles and was rated only 65 when last seen over the bigger fences, he's off 92 today and seems harsh to me?