** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 23rd of August

Chris's Ridge - Leicester 4:30 Interesting runner on its first start for Eric Alston and i think the 20/1 available is too big and may be snapped up. Has had a 271 day break and is a maiden after 4 runs but on its second start it ran a cracking race, finishing 2nd to Zip Lock, only losing out by a head, when trained by Brian Meehan. On its run after that it was 4th of 11 runners to Morning Chief but traded really short in running that day, trading at a low of 1.15.. Ran in its first handicap on its final outing for Meehan and finished last but that was too bad to be true, is dropped 3 pounds down to 72 for tomorrow on debut for new yard and i think is a big price if showing its best foot... Interestingly 3 pound claimer Sean Levey having his first ride for the stable tomorrow and it is also his first ride at Leicester, lets hope its a successful one.. 0.5 Points E/W @ 20/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 6.40 Killarney Marvada 10/1 e/w Boylesports This horse has been improving all season and now has 3 wins to his name. He looked very unlucky last time out behind Alanza when never getting a run but finishing full of running. That looked a good race and I expect to see this horse involved at the business end today. Murtagh takes over the steering today which can only be a positive.

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 4.00 Leicester - 1pt win Amistress @ 8/1 (Bet365) - BOG I posted this prior to her Salisbury run:

3.40 Salisbury - 2pts win Amistress @ 9/2 (Boyles) Amistress loves quick ground, and she gets that today at Salisbury despite rain affecting much of the country. She seems to be improving, and her yard continue to do quite well. This filly has a respectable win record of 4-14, and was a very unlucky 2nd at Warwick back in June when unable to find a clear passage until way too late. She snatched a very close 2nd in a photo but would have won with a clear run. She bounced back from this when she chased home the progressive Set To Music over an insufficient 10f trip. The royal runner has now racked up a hat-trick and is rated 92. Amistress was upped to 11f at Lingfield on the quick turf course, and she showed her versatility when making all to score easily by 2 1/2l from Undulant Way (reopposing) in 2nd. Her profile continued to improve with a very sound effort at Goodwood last time out in a better race. She kept on well on the outside to finish a clear 3rd to Kinyras and Aldwick Bay. She remains on a very fair mark in my opinion, and even in a competitive race such as this, will take all the beating.
Now even though it was a little disappointing last time out, it gives her a great chance of getting compensation at a bigger price tomorrow. She just didn't really travel last time. She was on and off the bridle a little bit, but when she did start to find her stride late in the day, she ended up finding trouble as she was short of room and hampered. This obviously affected her finishing position which was 6th but I think assuming she travels better tomorrow, she's going to run well. With a bit of luck she's going to put up a bit effort in my opinion, and therefore gets quite a confident e/w bet from me.

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 4.30 Leicester Be A Devil would have won lto with a clear run, came like a train but had been stopped several times and was very unlucky. Given that he was at the very back for most of the race his finishing speed was tremendous and with luck in running should go very close here.Still on a very winnable mark and has a great chance to shine now. 1 Pt win 6/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 3:00 Leicester - Brave Dream - 1pt @ 11/1 (WillHill) Kevin Ryan is a hard man to catch right and although Brave Dream won on his penultimate start (usually not my type of horse to back), he looks to have another win in him soon when getting ideal conditions. Today, he should have exactly that, as the straight 6f track at Leicester is the ideal place for this often strong-travelling front-runner. There's also a fair chance that he'll get the outright lead (doesn't need it but better for it) and although there should be plenty who will press the pace, he's got the raw speed to ensure that they will have a hard time getting past - especially at a track that favours those racing handy. Brave Dream took advantage of a drop in the weights when scoring over this 6 furlong trip at Newmarket in July. The quick ground and stiff track played into his hands and he went on to score a shade easily having made all of the running in his group (beat his group by 2 lengths). The form of that race has been advertised since (2nd place won off 2lbs higher over this C&D) and Kevin Ryan's 3 year old looks to be the type of animal who could well defy his current rating of 66 (beaten a nose off 68 on AW last year) - 5lbs higher than when scoring that day. He has flopped at Pontefract since but between going off too fast in-front and racing around a bend, I don't think he had things to suit (race was also just a few days later, which may have been too much for him to take in). Kevin Ryan has his yard in fine fettle this year (19% strike-rate) and makes a 250+ mile round trip to visit Leicester, a track where he boasts fine results. From a total of 141 runners, he's had 25 winners and a further 29 places. That's an impressive strike-rate of 18% and he shows a 35% return on investment also. Phillip Makin - who suffered an injury a few days ago - makes his return to the saddle and he's riding very well this year. He was on board this fellow last time out and should be an ideal partner for what is a fairly straight-forward animal. He only has a pair of rides at the course today (6-27 in past 5 years, 2-3 this year) and the other is an unraced 2 year old. Some decent low-grade types line up in opposition but I feel that there could be another win in Brave Dream and he's overpriced at 11/1 here. The straight track plays to his strengths, the ground poses no threat and he's well drawn to attack. Small win stakes for me, as the price doesn't make it worthwhile to cut stakes in half to go each-way. He'll either get them on the stretch and trade low in-running or he'll be headed and drop out of contention with ease. Hopefully it's the former and he'll go on to land the spoils. Any sort of market support before the off would be a massive plus. 33/1 outsider Sairaam may be worth a quid each-way and would be the only other one I'd consider backing.

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 4.00 Leicster - On The Feather (1 pt WIN 11/1 VC) Amazingly consistent this year. Take out his last run when up in class and his form this season reads 322212 and always in contention every single time. Poised to strike when the cards fall just right.

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 2:55 Deauville - Cape Dollar - 1pt win @ 20/1 Bet365 I think the step up in trip and the softer ground will be to Cape Dollar's benefit. The 20/1 rag with Bet365, that looks plenty tempting enough for me. A line through I Love Me would give an edge over Joviality and, in turn, Barefoot Lady, whilst of the French contingent, I've went through their bits of form and you can almost make a case for each to beat the other depending on which race you look at. Dalarua was tempting at 6s with Coral to supplement lto CD win from a number of these, and I think she poses the danger, along with Haya Landa who looks a little too big at a general 20/1.

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August Leicester 3.00 1 pt ew Brave Dream 10/1 (Boylesports) I like the look of two horse in this race. The first Brave Dream for Kevin Ryan who won 2 starts back at Newmarket. Runs best when able to lead and will definately be able to do that with the plum draw against the stands rail which tends to dominate at Leicester. A lot of the runners in this race like to be held up so it could mean that Brave Dream gets an easy lead and could be hard to peg back if in hte same mood as before. Both good runs this year have come with Neil Callan on board and he isnt on today, however Phillip Makin is more than capable of pushing him out of the stalls to lead early. As already mentioned it could be handy to race up with the pace today as there are quite a few hold up types. The other to consider in this race for me is Mata Hari Blue. Has a very good course record and if Brave Dream isn't at the top of his game i feel he is the one to capitalise with SDS on board. All in all im willing to take a risk on Brave Dream at the price and hope he breaks well and makes all today!

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August

Leicester 3.00 1 pt ew Brave Dream 10/1 (Boylesports) I like the look of two horse in this race. The first Brave Dream for Kevin Ryan who won 2 starts back at Newmarket. Runs best when able to lead and will definately be able to do that with the plum draw against the stands rail which tends to dominate at Leicester. A lot of the runners in this race like to be held up so it could mean that Brave Dream gets an easy lead and could be hard to peg back if in hte same mood as before. Both good runs this year have come with Neil Callan on board and he isnt on today, however Phillip Makin is more than capable of pushing him out of the stalls to lead early. As already mentioned it could be handy to race up with the pace today as there are quite a few hold up types. The other to consider in this race for me is Mata Hari Blue. Has a very good course record and if Brave Dream isn't at the top of his game i feel he is the one to capitalise with SDS on board. All in all im willing to take a risk on Brave Dream at the price and hope he breaks well and makes all today!
Has not been 10/1 since 9:57 ;) I know because i backed it @ 9/1 with Boylesports @ just after 10am... Has been well backed since

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 345 Seg: Word Of Warning EW (14/1 SJ) Big price this for a fairly handicapped horse now switching back to hurdles. I never thought this one stayed properly on the flat and had to be kidded into his races and is basically a bridle horse, hence one or two poor runs on the level. Over hurdles things go at a steadier pace and he can travel in his races, he would have finished second to War Party here but for falling at the last off a mark of 110, thats decent in this grade and runs here a pound lower. Like the booking of Jason Maguire who should be able to settle him nicely and come through with a late challenge.

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 15:00 Leic Brave Dream - With Kevin Ryan having 18/92 at this track and 9/37 for 3 yr olds I like the look of this one. Is running off 66 having won at distance at Carlisle as a 2 year old. Won on penultimate start then giving a poor show at Pontefract. I am blaming the uphill finish for that run and therefore going 0.5EW 10/1 victor chandler

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August 5:30 Warwick - Noverre To Go - Back Has been out of form recently but takes a significant drop in class here and this is considerably the easiest race he's faced for a long time. Should make his class at this level count and I would be slightly disappointed if he wasn't able to win here 1pt win @ Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August ENCORE UN FOIS 7.20 Yarmouth. 0.5 points each way. Needs to show a bit more, but given a lenient enough mark on handicap debut and can also show improvement this evening. The trip and ground should suit and so with JP on build as good as any, I fancy him to run a big race this evening. 15/2 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD 23rd of August Habsurg 7.30 Warwick. 0.5 points each way. Not shown enough to be considered here, but the fact he goes up significantly in trip and they apply the blinkers this evening, tells me that there's a chance he may show improvement. Massive odds on the exchanges in a weak looking race, so with Jim Crowley booked, he appears well worth taking the chance on for limited stakes. 40/1 Coral.