Spooner

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event AEK Larnaca - Rosenborg
Selection Rosenborg
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.20
Reasoning Rosenborg are coming from champion league because they were eliminated by Pilzen. They are not in good fit this season but on the road their recent results are good. First match finished 0-0 in Norway, today will be very tough to Rosenborg because of hot weather in Cyprus but I watched last Rosenborg game against Pilzen in Czech Republic when they took twice the lead 0-1 and 1-2 but dropped this one 3-2. I think Roseborg will try to scored at least one goal today becasue after 0-0 in first match draw today with goals will qualify Rosenborg, and may be this is the key to this match, if Rosenborg score first this may be an easy one to that team, who prefers counters

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Young Boys - Braga
Selection Young Boys
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.38
Reasoning Well first leg match finished 0-0 in Portugal, so this is very tough result for host team today because if away team score they will need of win. However Braga are not the same team who reached final last season at Europe League tournament, they sold seven titular players so they are whole new team and this is the chance to Young Boys. Young Boys are defintely stronger homer than visitor, last season they lose 4-1 against Totthenam in London champions league playoff but in second leg at home they took 3-0 lead for opening twenty minutes, the finals result was 4-3 Young Boys win they missed good chance to play in champion league. I think Young Boys will play in offensive today they know Braga are weaker than last season so home win here.

Event Alania - Besiktas
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.30
Reasoning First leg match in Turkey finished 3-0 home win so Besiktas are almost in groups. However Alania are definetly stronger homer than visitor, they need of win with four goals so they will offensive soccer today. Besiktas are definetly stronger team they will look for one goal if they score Alania will need of five goals I think Besictas will use fast counters with Ghuti and Quaresma ahead of their attack. Alania will try to put on pressure Besiktas if they score at least this may be over.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August I'd advise anyone thinking of taking Hearts tonight to save their cash. Yes Rednapp will be fielding a weakened side and yes they have a massive cushion, but now that the gulf between the sides has been exposed for all to see, it would be a major emabarassment to Spurs if they let Hearts get any kind of result tonight. Spurs are at home and will not want to rip off their paying support. And besides, Hearts are also fielding an understrength side because they have a massive derby match v Hibs on Sunday, and that is one game that the Hearts manager can't afford to lose. His job is on the line so he'll be saving everything for Sunday.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Tottenham v Hearts Yes Spurs will field a weakened team tonight but I still expect them to win quite comfortably, Spurs reserve team should be at least a level or two above the Edinburgh side. I would also expect the players Harry will rest/rotate will be in the forward positions so their defence will still be fairly strong with Cudicini or Gomes in goal. Hearts barely threatened Spurs last week apart from a very brief spell after half time so I am expecting Spurs to run out 1 or 2 goals to nil winners. Selection: Spurs clean sheet @ 2.07 with Betfair - 3 units

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Sion v Celtic I can't have us as favourites in 90 minutes here so there is some value in Sion. As is well documented our away record in Europe is awful and much will depend on late fitness tests of 3 of our best players Kayal, Hooper and Wilson. Celtics defence has looked very suspect the last 3 games and failed to score in the other end in the last two. It might be worth waiting for team news but at the moment the Sion victory looks too good a price to pass up. Selection: Sion to win @ 2.84 with Betfair - 2 units

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Plenty of matches involving teams I follow tonight but just the one bet for me ... - Maribor +1AH v Rangers @ 2.14 with Pinnacle Utterly unconvinced that Rangers are the better side so really surprised to see the Slovenian champions on such a high plus. Maribor came back from a goal down to win the first leg 2-1. They are an attacking, youthful side, with players such as Volas who can cause any team problems. Rangers come into this without Naismith, a key component of their attack, and their defence still has a bit of naivety in it with players such as McMillan. Ibrox is not the European fortress it once was - they lost to an average Malmo side here and haven't been as clinical as one would expect - despite the scorelines, they've struggled against Hearts, Inverness and Motherwell domestically. Maribor won't fear a trip to Govan, and I'd be surprised if they lost this by more than a goal, if at all. :hope

I'd advise anyone thinking of taking Hearts tonight to save their cash. Yes Rednapp will be fielding a weakened side and yes they have a massive cushion, but now that the gulf between the sides has been exposed for all to see, it would be a major emabarassment to Spurs if they let Hearts get any kind of result tonight. Spurs are at home and will not want to rip off their paying support. And besides, Hearts are also fielding an understrength side because they have a massive derby match v Hibs on Sunday, and that is one game that the Hearts manager can't afford to lose. His job is on the line so he'll be saving everything for Sunday.
Fair points. Lets be honest this is a game neither team want, Spurs are already through and are going to use the game to blood youngsters, a 'likely' line-up seems to be; ------------------Gomes------------------- -Hutton---Corluka---Bassong---Assou-Ekotto- -Townsend---Livermore----Carroll---Kranjcar- ---------Pavlyuchenko-------Kane---------- That is a bit of a guess but seems the opinion of the Spurs fans, personally I would wait to see line-ups. Hardly a team of household names in the attacking third and this looks likely to end up as a friendly game with no-one wanting to get injured, Redknapp has said that Townsend, Carroll and Kane will play. Remember Spurs have plenty of injuries too with about 5 or 6 first teamers out and Modric and Huddlestone doubts, Interesting that Hearts have a big game coming up but not interesting enough for me to get involved, either manager would be daft to play a strong line-up. I think it would be a mistake to get involved in a game like this.. Sigh..just noticed I have gone over 1,000 posts on a gambling forum, my mother would be so proud :lol..

I´m going for under 2.5 Braga shoved their defensive skills dureing the last EL campaign and I´m quite sure they will continue playing the same way. Young Boys have a clear home advantage witch the artificial pitch but has Nef suspended and Costanzo and Degen. (correct me if I´m wrong). Unless there´s an early goal you´ll easily sell thios won of with profit. Under 2.5 is my bet. Found 1.775 @ bet365 4/10
I think both teams are set up to be quite defensive and there is some value in backing under 2.5. I think the odds for under 2.5 should be, say, 1.6, but they are 1.9 on Betfair now which is of some value.

Sigh..just noticed I have gone over 1,000 posts on a gambling forum, my mother would be so proud :lol..
Congratz :clap:clap:clap P.S. you should not think of this as a gambling forum but more of a community where we all discuss what we all love, sports (in this case football) :ok Then again, my parents would probably kill me if they found out about this forum :loon

Fair points. Lets be honest this is a game neither team want, Spurs are already through and are going to use the game to blood youngsters, a 'likely' line-up seems to be; ------------------Gomes------------------- -Hutton---Corluka---Bassong---Assou-Ekotto- -Townsend---Livermore----Carroll---Kranjcar- ---------Pavlyuchenko-------Kane---------- That is a bit of a guess but seems the opinion of the Spurs fans, personally I would wait to see line-ups. Hardly a team of household names in the attacking third and this looks likely to end up as a friendly game with no-one wanting to get injured, Redknapp has said that Townsend, Carroll and Kane will play. Remember Spurs have plenty of injuries too with about 5 or 6 first teamers out and Modric and Huddlestone doubts, Interesting that Hearts have a big game coming up but not interesting enough for me to get involved, either manager would be daft to play a strong line-up. I think it would be a mistake to get involved in a game like this.. Sigh..just noticed I have gone over 1,000 posts on a gambling forum, my mother would be so proud :lol..
THis is a clear under match in my eyes.Tottenham won't do much and with those few young players they won't break the Scottish defense quickly.under 3,5 with highstakes.

Sion v Celtic I can't have us as favourites in 90 minutes here so there is some value in Sion. As is well documented our away record in Europe is awful and much will depend on late fitness tests of 3 of our best players Kayal, Hooper and Wilson. Celtics defence has looked very suspect the last 3 games and failed to score in the other end in the last two. It might be worth waiting for team news but at the moment the Sion victory looks too good a price to pass up. Selection: Sion to win @ 2.84 with Betfair - 2 units
I'm with you on this one. I've watched Celtic while they were strugling against St. Johnostone. Celtic is having big problems getting the ball into the net. I managed to get 2.20 on Sion (@bwin) to pass into group stage. What's happening with scottish football? It used to have 2 teams into CHL every year and now they barely enter the Europa League group stages?:\

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Do someone got info about Salzburg squad, I rate them with class above Omonia and I expect them to win without much problems at home. In first game they lost 2:1, but actually its very hard to play at such weather conditions in Cyprus for all teams. Salzburg will welcome back their top scorer Alan who got 6 goals in this competition so far, and I expect them to win :) odds are still well priced, above 1.60

I'm with you on this one. I've watched Celtic while they were strugling against St. Johnostone. Celtic is having big problems getting the ball into the net. I managed to get 2.20 on Sion (@bwin) to pass into group stage. What's happening with scottish football? It used to have 2 teams into CHL every year and now they barely enter the Europa League group stages?:\
It's a question that could envoke a whole dossier as a response. The long and the short of it is that television money took a massive hit a couple of years ago, meaning all the clubs, including Rangers and Celtic, could not sign the calibre of player they had even five years ago from abroad. Youth development has also been somewhat neglected and as a result, there aren't as many good Scottish players as before, although that is changing. As clubs cut their cloth accordingly, more homegrown players are breaking through, some of which are promising. However, Rangers have big financial problems, Celtic aren't the force they were of a few years ago, and thus are more susceptible to teams like Braga, Utrecht and Malmo (and perhaps even Sion and Maribor ;)) The nation's coefficient goes down, meaning less teams in Europe, and harder ties. A vicious circle.

Plenty of matches involving teams I follow tonight but just the one bet for me ... - Maribor +1AH v Rangers @ 2.14 with Pinnacle Utterly unconvinced that Rangers are the better side so really surprised to see the Slovenian champions on such a high plus. Maribor came back from a goal down to win the first leg 2-1. They are an attacking, youthful side, with players such as Volas who can cause any team problems. Rangers come into this without Naismith, a key component of their attack, and their defence still has a bit of naivety in it with players such as McMillan. Ibrox is not the European fortress it once was - they lost to an average Malmo side here and haven't been as clinical as one would expect - despite the scorelines, they've struggled against Hearts, Inverness and Motherwell domestically. Maribor won't fear a trip to Govan, and I'd be surprised if they lost this by more than a goal, if at all. :hope
some info from maribor: best player and captain, marcos tavares, returns for maribor. he is a huge asset for our team, especially in offence but can (and will) help in def too. etien velikonja (2-1 scorer) is out with a hamstring probably. he wouldn't start anyway, but if maribor would be chasing the result he would be the first sub. I expect maribor to start with something like this: handanovic xxxxx rajcevic arghus viler filipovic mertelj mezga ibraimi tavares volas the RB is not clear yet.. darko milanic has two choices basicly, placing a young, technical and very fast (offensive minded) milec or a tall, natural cb potokar there. this choice will also determine how maribor will play, if we're gonna sit back and defend or try to score some goals. I am confident we can take rangers out if we hold the first 15-20min and then go for the "offensive" variety. if we try to defend the result from the 1st leg we're flying out. i'm staying out of this bet, since i'm a bit biased :P

some info from maribor: best player and captain, marcos tavares, returns for maribor. he is a huge asset for our team, especially in offence but can (and will) help in def too. etien velikonja (2-1 scorer) is out with a hamstring probably. he wouldn't start anyway, but if maribor would be chasing the result he would be the first sub. I expect maribor to start with something like this: handanovic xxxxx rajcevic arghus viler filipovic mertelj mezga ibraimi tavares volas the RB is not clear yet.. darko milanic has two choices basicly, placing a young, technical and very fast (offensive minded) milec or a tall, natural cb potokar there. this choice will also determine how maribor will play, if we're gonna sit back and defend or try to score some goals. I am confident we can take rangers out if we hold the first 15-20min and then go for the "offensive" variety. if we try to defend the result from the 1st leg we're flying out. i'm staying out of this bet, since i'm a bit biased :P
Thanks for the post Tetraz. I am a Hibs fan, who you'll remember you beat at Ljudski vrt and at Easter Road. I was very impressed by Tavares and Volas over the two legs, and also Ilicic, who you sold to Palermo not long after they beat you. I had it down as Milec to play this evening, simply because Rangers will probably play Wylde on the left, and he's quick. I honestly feel Maribor are technically a better team. Had Smith still been in charge at Ibrox, I'd have reckon Rangers would out-do you tactically. McCoist isn't as shrewd, and Maribor, I feel, will progress into the group stages.

Thanks for the post Tetraz. I am a Hibs fan, who you'll remember you beat at Ljudski vrt and at Easter Road. I was very impressed by Tavares and Volas over the two legs, and also Ilicic, who you sold to Palermo not long after they beat you. I had it down as Milec to play this evening, simply because Rangers will probably play Wylde on the left, and he's quick. I honestly feel Maribor are technically a better team. Had Smith still been in charge at Ibrox, I'd have reckon Rangers would out-do you tactically. McCoist isn't as shrewd, and Maribor, I feel, will progress into the group stages.
yes, I remember you hibs :D well last year team was pretty impressive. I reckon we'd beat rangers on both games with last year's team. ilicic alone dismantled you guys at Ljudski Vrt. :) but oh well, we had some debts and were forced to sell him and armin bacinovic to palermo. about milec.. I hope he starts, but our coach fears those high balls into 16m, so potokar could start due to his 15cm height advantage - but he's slow and as I said, a natural CB who won't help in the phase of attack.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Metalist is currently unbeaten in 22 away games in a row in all competitions :loon.make anything you like from that but for me Metalist not to lose @1.98 is a good bet.Also took some of @4.50 for the win

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Early Double to try and get the ball rolling Dinamo Bucuresti V Vorskla Potalva OVER 2 1.42 b365 Spartak Moscow v Legia Warsaw OVER 1.5 1.25 b365 1.78 Double Reasoning: Two games here where the away side will not be sitting back and will be pushing for an away goal. Especially in the Spartak game, Legia have to score. Spartak will take advantage on the counter attacks and any tiredness shown from the attacking away side. A team of high quality and 2 goals is easily achievable by Spartak on theire own. Dinamo have to win today however an away goal will make things that little bit harder. 2-1 will force extra time and 2-0 will send them through. Believe from what I have read they have started strongly to the season and have goals in them. The away side again should attack but maybe later in the game and I feel between the two of them they will bag a few. :hope

Event Karpaty - PAOK
Selection PAOK
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.23
Reasoning Karpaty lose opening match 2-0 in Greece so they need of win today with three goals spread. PAOK know that if they score at least goal this will be sure advancing to group stage. Karpaty have problems in Ukraine Premie they lose against Vorskla 0-2 at home they are struggeling in the bottom of the table after seven rounds there, while PAOK have no matches in Greece they will be fresher than Karpaty may be this is the key to this match. PAOK have no problems in their squad last year they played very well in group stage for this cup advancing to round ot 16 I think they will use that Karpaty will attack from the begging of match, and with few good counters they will take this match again.

Event Sporting Lisbon - Nordsjaelland
Selection under 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.30
Reasoning First leg finished 0-0 in Denmark. Sporting Lisbon are favorite today but are in poor fit, still winless after three official matches also they scored just one goal in those three games recording three under. Spoting have problems with injured forwards like Bozhinov. Nordsjaelland are not very strong Danish club but they recorded seven under in last eight matches on the road. I think it is too possible another under today because Sporting are not in good fit they are playing goalless socer this season if they score one or two goals this will be enough to groups.

Event Birmingham - Nacional
Selection Nacional
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.98
Reasoning Birmingham have problems with injured forwards today the 19-year-old will be out for around three months with a broken foot suffered in training last week, midfielder Morgaro Gomis and strikers Cameron Jerome, Marlon King and Nikola Zigic all remain out. New loan signing Guirane N'Daw is ineligible while defender Scott Dann, who has been linked with a move before the transfer deadline, is also out. On the other hand Nacional have good experince for this cup they played two years ago, this is not very strong poruguese club but they have eight braizlian players in the squad. Nacional know if they score one goal Birmingham will need of two goals because of goalless 0-0 draw in first leg in Portugal. I think Nacional with some counters will clinche this one, the host team have very problmes in squad they w

Event Trnava - Lokomotiv Moscow
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.20
Reasoning Trnava lose opening match 2-0 in Moscow now they need of win three goals if they want to reach group stage. Trnava are poor visitor but at home they are playing offensive soccer. In previous rounds for this cup they lose against Levski 2-1 and Zeta 2-1 on the road also draw with Tirana 0-0 but they always won in second match at home and reach this playoff 3-0 against Zeta, 3-1 against Tirana, 2-1 against Levski. However Lokomotiv are defintely stronger team than previous three but they have comfortable advantage of clean sheet and 2-0 in first match, I think Trnava will very offensive but Moscow team will want also one goal so over for me.

Early Double to try and get the ball rolling
Dinamo Bucuresti V Vorskla Potalva OVER 2 1.42 b365 Spartak Moscow v Legia Warsaw OVER 1.5 1.25 b365 1.78 Double Reasoning: Two games here where the away side will not be sitting back and will be pushing for an away goal. Especially in the Spartak game, Legia have to score. Spartak will take advantage on the counter attacks and any tiredness shown from the attacking away side. A team of high quality and 2 goals is easily achievable by Spartak on theire own. Dinamo have to win today however an away goal will make things that little bit harder. 2-1 will force extra time and 2-0 will send them through. Believe from what I have read they have started strongly to the season and have goals in them. The away side again should attack but maybe later in the game and I feel between the two of them they will bag a few. :hope
:nana:nana Job done at half time. Just needed one more goal in the 2nd half to get me over the 2. Spartak got the 2 i said they were capable of and still managed to lose . Both away teams came out strong and was a comfortable win in the end. Used the winnings in my 2nd bet of the day CSKA Sofia +1 1.20 PSV Win 1.18 Rapid Bucuresti 0 1.24 Treble 1.75 Allot has been said about CSKA already and its in their hands to pull something out of the hat. A 3-0 win will do the job. However Steau are more the capable of causing problems. CSKA will come out looking for the win and if anything Steau will keep it to a draw at the least. PSV drew 2-2 in the first leg similar to Spartak and will want to put daylight in the score to book their place in the group stage. 2-2 at this stage dosent mean a guaranteed spot as we have just seen by Spartak blowing it. Lastly Rapid are sitting in a comfortable position and I cant see them letting this one go. On home turf and should be more the capable of avoiding defeat. :hope