** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 17th of August

Ritual - York 2:00 Big wide open competitive race here but i like this horses chances. Ran a poor race last time out but won 4 on the trot before that. Is lightly raced, has won 4 of its 6 races and interestingly Frankie Dettori takes the ride. Noseda had a winner at Brighton today and has had 3 winners from his last 10 runners. He does well at York also and is in the green there profitwise. Frankie has a record of 6 wins from 21 runs for him at York which is very reasonable and he has a total of 57 wins from 201 rides for Noseda, very good indeed. Frankie himself has had 5 winners from his last 10 rides and has 2 winners from his last 5 rides at York. WIN @ 8/1 (Hills) BOG

Re: BBOTD 17th of August In need of a nice winner, i'll have a read through the thread later tonight, am going to pick out another members BBOTD and stick down a few bucks, i will quote on the members post to let him / her know i,am on their selection. If it wins am more than happy to send them £50 cash by recorded delivery. The tip must be for York. :ok

Re: BBOTD 17th of August I'll take a total stab in the dark as my luck these days in this months comp is flat. Trainer Saeed bin Suroor sends one over to Folkstone and its the bay colts first time on a track, he could be anything and Mr Suroor's choice of Jockey is abit unusual. Jockey steady Eddie Ahern gets the leg up and id be pretty surprised if he was not hand picked for the ride by Godolphin, interesting runner. Folkstone 5:55 - Yasir. 1pt win at SP Gee's a bloody sniff at a winner FFS.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 2.00 York Shropshire 12/1 Ladbrokes This horse has a massive chance on his run in the Greenham me thinks. Reverting back to sprinting today, this horse has a huge chance. Well beaten into third in the Greenham behind Frankel and Excellebration but this trip will suit much more and I reckon he has a massive chance here. He has been well beaten on his last 2 starst but they both came over 7f. Hopefully the drop back to 6f will make all the difference.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August York 1400 IRISH HEARTBEAT win at 9/1 william hills Horse bounced back to form on Saturday when very unlucky after being hampered during the race. He stayed on very well for second though, and the drop in trip could mean he's goin to be ridden more prominantly. Any rain would not be a concern as all his wins have been on good or softer. The horse seems to be on a very winnable mark. He has won over this trip from just 2lb lower in the past.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 2:00 York - Shropshire - win @ 12/1 (Bet365) I'm going to side with a couple in this competitive sprint handicap, the first of which is Shropshire, one of only a couple of 3 year olds lining up here. This 5-time raced grey was an impressive winner on debut last year and whilst he hasn't performed overly well since, the drop back to sprinting, over the minimum trip, could well help. It'll be the first time that the Barry Hills trained youngster will be tackling a trip this short and the overall impression I get is that it should suit, as he shows plenty of speed in his races before dropping out of contention. This was quite obvious last time out over 7f at Goodwood, a race in which he helped to set a very strong pace. He was still traveling well with a couple of furlongs to go and once asked to pick up, had nothing more to give. The lack of recent match sharpness may also have affected him, as he hadn't run in well over 2 months, so his race-fitness is likely to have improved for this race. The ground was also a bit lively that day and slower ground conditions coupled with the option of more patient tactics on the back of what should be a more than solid gallop will help. At current odds of 12/1, he looks to be overpriced and could run a big race if getting some luck in-running. He's also dropped 5lbs since that most recent outing and looks well handicapped off a mark of 90 if showing his usual dash, so hopefully he'll be finishing strongly instead of dropping away as he has done in recent times.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 2.30 York Entifaadha win 9/2 Bet 365 The form of the maiden win at Newmarket sees to be woring out well with the 3rd that day Fencing taking the first prize in a listed even at Newbury recently. He won his maiden despite running a bit green and shaped as if there is plenty of improvement to come. With th trusted Haggis/Hills combination I forseea bg run hre today and possibly moving on to greater targets in te autumn.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August Y4.15 Sunrise Dance 0.5pt E/W 33/1 Victor Chandler The first race on the card might indicate any draw bias (I fancy another 33/1 shot in that - Favourite Girl) so I'll be watching that with interest and hope the single figure drawn horses are favoured as seems to be the general consensus. Sunrise Dance hasn't yet encountered give underfoot in its short career but the breeding suggests that it'll be favoured by the conditions and therefore might be racing off a decent handicap mark. The trainer is flying and he has been using top 3lb claimer Harry Bentley to great effect recently, they teamed up for 2 winners on Saturday at 9/2 and 40/1 from just 3 rides. If the draw is favourable and the horse improves on the ground, then 33/1 looks like a great e/w price.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 2.30 York Fort Bastion couldn't justify favouritism lto but I think he was given far too much to do by a jockey I have no time for. Hughes back on board here and if given a more positive ride should go very close as the drop in class should help also. 1 Pt win 12/1 Corals

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 16:05 Nottingham Wrote this last time for ARCTIC MAIDEN. Quote:

16:30 Windsor ARCTIC MAIDEN wasn’t fully “wound up” last time I felt but the softer conditions she faced then may not have suited. I still think she’s a winner waiting to happen and dropped a further 2lbs, as well as the handling of the talented Adam Beschizza, she can finally realise the potential (albeit at a low level) that I think she has. Willie Musson’s filly showed a modicum of promise as a 2yo and was allotted a mark of 63 for her handicap debut. She has mostly gone off big prices this season in handicaps but she’s shown ability on a couple of them, most specifically when running at Windsor over a mile in June. She stayed on well and indicated that a step up in trip that she gets today. Last time she faced that trip for the first time but was given an odd ride by Stevie Donohoe, being held up at the rear for far too long. Even so, she might not have picked up that well due to the softer ground conditions, so I’ll most definitely give her another chance. The better ground she’ll encounter today should mean there’s little in the way of excuses on that front. Dropped another 2lbs, she has to go well off this kind of mark. The booking of Adam Beschizza is very interesting, as he has a record of 3/3 for the yard and it’s his only ride of the day. This race won’t take a lot of winning, even though 16 line up currently there’s a distinct lack of strength in depth. My selection is a horse I’ve been following for a while and I think today may be the day where she goes very close. The price isn’t as big as I hoped, mainly due to people on Betfair backing it overnight and I would be staking far heavier if she was a double figure price, but in my view, she’s still value.
Heavily backed, she refused to race which does dampen enthusiasm. However, there was some severe rain when they were loading her into the stalls and I'll give her one more chance. She'll have at least passed a stalls test if she's running today. Ground will be ideal for her and as long as she's trying, especially for a gambling yard, then she'll go very close for the aforementioned reasons. Would back in-running but at York Races today so... ARCTIC MAIDEN; EW @ 12/1 >Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 1.50 Nottingham - Look At Me Now 0.5pts EW (50/1 Will Hill) Recorded a goose egg on debut - that is the bad news. The good news is that this horse recorded an extremely good speed rating of 54 (ATR) and 53 (Topspeed) despite struggling with the last quarter of the race. If he records a rating in the 60's this run he very well could win this one. Now dropped back in trip, likely to run better than on debut and (in my opinion) the favourite having a question mark on it this horse offers exceptional value.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August York 2.30 Entifaadha 1 pt win - 11/2 (Bet365) Entifaadha's debut run at HQ was impressive, beating Fencing (who won a listed race next time out). Related to the smart Regal Parade who handles some cut in the ground, no reason why Entifaadha shouldn't and likely to go well.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 740 Hereford: Dr Anubis EW (40/1 VCBet) Going for a sporting punt today on a horse that has ability but hasnt always shown it, switched from Ireland and had his first run for new connections at Worcester in a decent novice hurdle for this time of year, he was prominent for a long way before weakening and pulled up soon after, he probably needed the run and this opposition is very moderate all bar the favourite. At 40/1 he's too big and could nick a place if fully fit.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 3.15 Carlisle Doc Hay has perhaps had some excuses on recent runs but that said he potentially has gone over the top having rapidly rised in the weights and had plenty of runs in a short period. Saucy Brown has returned to form recently with a couple of wins in claimers and also a good win in a competitive handicap at york on penultimate start then ran under a penalty at Goodwood in stewards cup consolation race finishing a reasonable 5th up a further 1lb today and this softer ground is not ideal and just signs over the past week that the Nicholls yard arent quite firing right now. Verinco is usually reliable but the presence of other fronts runners here is off putting and his tendency to find one or two too good as he never looks as game as others and isnt exactly a battler these days and only knows one way of doing things and looks up against it in this field. Captain Scooby has to race a 1lb out of the handicap but still holds solid claims in a race that is likely to be run to suit and showed a return to form last time out when staying on from off the pace and that form is working out well with both the winner and second winning since, he has now dropped 3lb below his last winning mark and has form on ground with some cut! The main bet has to be Kevin Ryans Arganil who is better known as and AW horse in his prime winning listed races on the AW and did pick up a weak race for the grade at Southwell when winning off a 9lb higher mark, all best turf form comes on ground with cut and has shown he is still capable of winning again on turf with his close effort last time out only just failing to get up when the winning got first run, could easily make amends today aslong as this is a strongly run race off a 3lb higher mark but effectively only 1lb higher with useful apprentices 5lb claim! 1pt win Arganil 5/1vc

Re: BBOTD 17th of August York 2.30: Battle of Saratoga 0.5pts e/w @ 40/1 Bet365 BOG Wouldn't be the first time the outsider of the O'Brien troop won and think this horse is overpriced at 40/1 today. Runner-up on both runs to date having been beaten on debut by stablemate Furners Green so obviously has a bit of work to do with that horse, however stepped up next time out when beating reopposing stable companion East Meets West who looked a touch unlucky on that occasion. However, this horse will lead from the front, could easily step up on that run and may end up getting the run of the race. At a big price, may be worth chancing each way IMO.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August

whats the deal with the draw at York ? I keep reading thay a low draw is best but most of last years winners have came from stalls 5 + not a single horse won from stall 1 - 2 - 3 -4 Any input please ?
I noticed that too but I think the common consensus is that when the going is soft a low draw is favorable, but I guess we'll find out after the first.

2.30 York Entifaadha win 9/2 Bet 365 The form of the maiden win at Newmarket sees to be woring out well with the 3rd that day Fencing taking the first prize in a listed even at Newbury recently. He won his maiden despite running a bit green and shaped as if there is plenty of improvement to come. With th trusted Haggis/Hills combination I forseea bg run hre today and possibly moving on to greater targets in te autumn.
Hi fella, am sticking down a nice bet on your tip, if it wins i will send you £50. Another member has also posted it up but Punterpete had it up first. Fingers crossed :hope we get a good run atleast.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August In need of a nice winner, i'll have a read through the thread later tonight, am going to pick out another members BBOTD and stick down a few bucks, i will quote on the members post to let him / her know i,am on their selection. If it wins am more than happy to send them £50 cash by recorded delivery. The tip must be for York. :ok The cash is on Punterpete's BBOTD 2.30 York Entifaadha win 9/2 Bet >365 The form of the maiden win at Newmarket sees to be woring out well with the 3rd that day Fencing taking the first prize in a listed even at Newbury recently. He won his maiden despite running a bit green and shaped as if there is plenty of improvement to come. With th trusted Haggis/Hills combination I forseea bg run hre today and possibly moving on to greater targets in te autumn.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 3:40 York - Await The Dawn - Back I think she is a really special horse. She won really well at Royal Ascot and never really looked in trouble which says alot in a Group 2. She travelled beautifully and then puled clear in the final furlong or so when asked to go win her race. She has never run on Good to Soft but on the 2 occasions that she has run on soft or worse she has given probably her best 2 career performances so far so the assumption is that she enjoys cut in the ground. I wish there was a different jockey on board (preferrably Ryan Moore or Jamie Spencer) as I'm not really a fan of Joseph O'Brien, but I think she'll win in spite of him today. Midday is a brilliant mare herself and is officially better off with Await The Dawn based on ratings and weights, but the impression is that Await The Dawn is open to more improvement than Midday as she is on the rise whereas Midday has been there all of her career. Midday won a Group 1 at Glorious Goodwood lto but she had a pretty tough race there and this may have come just a tad too soon in my opinion. She looks a banker for the forecast though. Twice Over is officially the best horse in the race according to the ratings, but he tends to disappoint at that very top level and I think 3rd is the best he can do here. All in all, I feel good about the chances of Await The Dawn and I think she is a very fair price 1pt win @ 5/6 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD 17th of August 2.30 York - 1pt win Moon Pearl @ 20/1 (Bet365) - BOG I think this is a massive price for a horse who won quite a hot debut. I know he didn't win impressively but he stayed on stoutly to get up, and this 7f trip will be right up his street. The form of his win worked out well, with the 2nd winning, the 3rd winning a good race and is well regarded by John Dunlop (the 2nd to Dunlop's won at Brighton this week from another promising horse). Sequoia ran well enough at Goodwood and Poole Harbour flopped at Ascot after a great effort behind the smart Wise Venture. I think the form is strong, and 7f will be bang up his street. I know Ralph Beckett isn't the most stylish of trainers which probably reflects in the price, as if this was trained by one of the "big boys" he wouldn't be a 20/1 shot. He was an expensive purchase and is entered in further Group races, and I think he'll outrun his price here for a yard going well.

Re: BBOTD 17th of August ABOVE THE STARS 3.15 Carlisle. 0.5 points each way. Won on debut, but that appears to have made winning a handicap that bit more difficult. However, trip and ground suit today & dropped to a mark of 77 (3lb lower than last time & 7lb lower than original handicap mark), so with being unexposed he may just improve to show up well. The price makes the bet. 12/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 17th of August Diablo Dancer 3.50 Carlisle. 0.5 points each way. A little inconsistent, but did show decent enough form last time to suggest another win isn't far away. Has to deal with an unexposed, dangerous favourite today, but as we're double-figure odds (exchanges) and have every chance of a place on bare form alone, I'l be a player. 6/1 Bet365 (bog)

Hi fella, am sticking down a nice bet on your tip, if it wins i will send you £50. Another member has also posted it up but Punterpete had it up first. Fingers crossed :hope we get a good run atleast.
Another £50 could have been nice :cry Well done though :)

Re: BBOTD 17th of August Sorry TGS. Hope you were on anyway, i took the 11/2 at tote, let the Sun Shine. Punterpete is the Daddy. Send me your address fella via PM and i will send the £50 first class by recorded delivery, it should be with you by the weekend, mind stick down the post code fella. And THANKS for a very nice day. Winner Winner its steak for dinner. Come racing - Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa