** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 11th August

Re: BBOTD 11th August Peters Pursuit - Beverley 3:50 This horse is actually related to Paco Boy. Fahey has two horses in this nursery handicap , Sunny Side Up will have a chance but at the price i like this horse, his outsider. Runs off a very handy mark of 58, 3 pounds lower than its last run and Fahey is known for improving horses after 3 or 4 runs. The talented Barry McHugh takes the ride and i think it will get a nice sit from stall 11 and come late to challenge! E/W @ 14/1 (Betfred) BOG

Re: BBOTD 11th August 3:25 Newmarket - Shikra I initially wrote quite a bit of reasoning behind this and then Firefox crashed on me, so will just summarise a few points now. Owner is 40% at the track (2 from 5). Trainer is HQ based and his only horse in the past 14 days won at 33/1. William Carson, who's performing really well at present, was in charge of this 3yo for his maiden run, 161 days ago and does so again. I feel that 161 days absence, for a horse this age, leaves much room for improvement. 50/1 win - paddy power (bog)

Re: BBOTD 11th August 0.5 e/w king of wing 14/1 stan james 16.55 goodwood i think king of wing might have good e/w claims at a decent price,3rd last time out beaten by only 1 and a half lenghts and a decent second the time before that,having had 2 runs in july should be fit,8/1 with sportinglife and racing post this 5 star rated horse with sportinglife is a good e/w bet with the 14/1 stan james have on offer

Re: BBOTD 11th August 2:40 Salontyre @ Beverley - Been in pretty good form since the beginning of last year and won over this distance last June.Has ran well on soft ground before and has a good jockey booking in Jimmy Quinn.Beaten favourite LTO but can go close if bouncing back from that dissapointing run 0.5 pt E/W @ 12/1 Paddy Power Cheers

Re: BBOTD 11th August 7.15 Stratford: Monkhair 1pt win @ 12/1 Will Hill BOG Back to the jumps for a change tonight for me and I like the look of Tony Carroll's horse Monkhair. Is well handicapped on best known form having won from higher in the past, has won over the trip and was going well enough LTO before falling two from home - wasn't going to win on that occasion but was a far better run than most recent efforts. If able to build on that step back in the right direction then could go close with a capable apprentice claiming, what might prove valuable, additional 5lbs.

Re: BBOTD 11th August 3.40 Salisbury Sugar Hiccup 14/1 Ladbrokes This horse had not shown much at all before finishing a good 2nd last time out. That was a much improved effort on his 2nd run in a handicap and he looks well worth a crack at this longer trip. Sugar Hiccup appeared to get slightly outpaced before staying on well again at the finish. The extra 2f here should help and with Luke Morris on board, I expect him to run a good race in what is a very competitive race.

Re: BBOTD 11th August Just the one being sent to Stratford from Eve Johnson Houghton's yard and should be a player. The filly was 4th just over 3 weeks ago but it was her first run over the sticks and if she has came on any she should be tough to beat. Trip and ground should be up her street. Stratford 6:10 - High Fallutin 1pt win at 3/1 Boylesport & Hills Give us a winner.

Re: BBOTD 11th August 4.15 Salisbury - 1pt win Premio Loco @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes) - BOG I could well be mad going with a max bet in this competitive Group 3 contest, but I'm extremely keen on the highest rated runner in the field. Premio Loco, rated 117, is a top class animal, and has often been running in Group 2, and even Group 1 company. This is very much more his level, and he's been quite prolific in Group 3 races. 1212187 is his record at listed and group 3 level, but he's a winner at Group 2 level, and there were excuses for his latter two runs in listed and Group 3 races. The 8th came on unsuitable soft ground, and the 7 - his latest run - was too bad to be true at Epsom. He looked beaten a long way from home. Despite enjoying Goodwood, it seemed he wasn't at home on the downs, and I can easily forgive a 4l defeat at the Epsom venue. This horse loves quick ground, which he gets today, and if you go back to his penultimate run, at Newbury in May, it gives him a great chance. He finished 3rd to Canford Cliffs - beaten 4l - with Worthadd in 2nd. Despite being destroyed by Frankel, Canford Cliffs obviously beat Goldikova at Royal Ascot, and Worthadd murdered a Group 2 field in Italy, making him 8 wins from 11, with his only defeats coming on debut, and in Group 1s won by Rio De La Plata and Canford Cliffs. Another huge factor in my selection today is the form of trainer Chris Wall. He wasn't really firing in the early months of the season, including when Premio Loco was running - with a strike rate of around 8%. However, he has come to life of late, and is in cracking form. This really bodes well for my selection here with the yard landing 4 winners, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds from their last 14 runners. An excellent record considering 5 of these 14 runners were at odds of bigger than 16/1. I think he'll prove he's just as good as ever this afternoon.

Re: BBOTD 11th August 610 Stratford: Kissing Clara EW (12/1 Bet365) Very poor juvenile hurdle and taking a chance on Kissing Clara to put in a better performance this time. Did show a glimpse of ability first time over hurdles but has disappointed since, unseated last time early on. This track should help with stamina limitations and I just think at 12/1 is worth a punt with some very ordinary opposition to take on.

Re: BBOTD 11th August 7.05 Goodwood Take It To The Max - hasnt been with current trainer for too long and ran a blinder having been smashed in the Carlisle Bell. The winner got the run of the race and the second boosted the form when winning at Newcastle later that week to boost the form. Not sure whether this undulating track will suit and a stiff mile or easy ten furlongs is perhaps his optimum conditions, but worth a small bet at the price as handicapped to win races. win