** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sunday!

One Hit Wonder - Windsor 3:30 In great form of late and landed a couple of touches also winning its last 2 races. Up 3 pounds but is a C+D winner, winning here at Windsor last time out and i think this race is less competitive. Should go close. Win @ 3/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday! Curr 2.35 - Banimpire - win at 10/11 BOG Boyles Tough and consistant filly having her 9th run of the season. Has already won 3 times at group 3 level, the group 2 Ribblesdale at Royal Ascot and finished a short head 2nd in the Irish oaks. Appears to act on any going so the forecast rain wouldn't bother her, in fact it might suit as she's dropping back in trip. I guess horses can't keep running well every 2 or 3 weeks all season at the top level, but worth following until she shows signs of having had enough

Re: BBOTD Sunday! 4.05 Curragh - 1pt win Gatepost @ 9/1 (VC) - BOG I posted this prior to Gatepost's run at Ascot:

4.25 Ascot - 2.5pts e/w Gatepost @ 8/1 (Bet365) I noted down David Wachman's filly Fire Lily after his debut success, and will be eagerly anticipating her run this week. She was beaten by two useful colts last time out, when Wachman was disappointed she didn't win in fact. One of these was Power, and I possibly should be fancying that one today, but Gatepost has really impressed me on both wins to date. His debut win was very ready, and drew clear from another horse I like (and have selected at big prices today). Followed this up when leaving a smart field for dead at York, having been a touch outpaced, to score very nicely by 2 1/2l. The field doesn't look quite as good now, after the emergence of some very talented later 2yos in the shape of Mezmaar, Trumpet Major, St Barths etc, but you couldn't help but be impressed with the way he scooted home. The step up to 6f with a good pace on should suit the horse down to the ground, and I think he'll be thundering home inside the final furlong.
Gatepost on this occasion was beaten 2 1/4l by Power. However, this far from tells the story. I think the gap in the prices is much too big, and I think Mick Channon's talented colt can reverse Coventry form. Gatepost started the race right on the far side, just about the furthest runner away from the stands rail. However, Jamie Spencer decided to come across with about 3f to run, and ended up delivering a late challenge only a few horse widths off the stands rail! It was a remarkable effort to be so far back and with such a huge move during the race, to be finishing well, and only fading right at the death. I firmly believe the distance he lost with his mid-race move cost him winning the race, and that's why I can't believe he's a 9/1 shot, and I don't think this price will last. He'll get 6f fine, even though his late burst did subside somewhat close home. He was fully entitled to do so given his earlier exertions, but the way he did pick up once positioned on the near side was very nice. The horse has a fine turn of foot, and should be more at home in this field. He's entered in no fewer than 3 more Group 1 races after today. He's clearly extremely well regarded by connections, who aren't sending him over for a holiday. He's a serious horse, and I think has a big chance. Plenty of these have a chance, however, and it's difficult to rule many out. But at a price of 9/1, this is simple too big, and I think he's going to go close.

Re: BBOTD Sunday! Trainer Mr D Weld send out just the two runners but i'll side with his runner in Race 4 on the card. His 2yr old filly only has the one run to her name but she came home a nice winner be it over 50 days ago, Mr Weld has stuck her aside for today and if she has came on any in that time she could run a nice race. Jockey Pat Smullen takes the ride again and from his 2 rides id say this is his best chance of a winner. Curragh 3:35 - Yellow Rosebud 0.5 e/w bet 7/1 most firms Bet365 etc etc. Have a nice Sunday troops.

Re: BBOTD Sunday! 330 Windsor: Mauritino (5/2 Bet365) Jonjo trains this one and he won his last two hurdles races before being switched to the flat at Newbury where he won well. He followed that up with a good second at Sandown and has since had a couple of months off. Should be up to improving even more on his rating of 75 as long as he doesnt just need this run. He may have a hurdle target in mind down the line knowing this stable but worth a bet at 5/2.

Re: BBOTD Sunday! W2.00 Links Drive Lady 0.5pt E/W 8/1 William Hill This horse showed improved form on its first turf run LTO when going down by just over a length at 20/1 (and was drifting in the market). There's a lot of rain around today and I think the more that falls over Windsor, the better the horses chances will be. Breeding suggests that a bit of cut in the ground will be ideal and I just wonder if the horses drift in the market last time was perhaps because the ground was thought to be too fast - in any event, the horse obviously performed better than expected. One of the best 5lb claimers around takes the ride today.

Re: BBOTD Sunday! 0.5 e/w teolane 15.35 curragh 6/1 coral ignoreing teolanes last race i think teolane has a great chance of the win here but i have thrown the e/w in because of the excellent short priced fav maybe who has won 2 class 1 races and is comeing off a hatrick of wins(i should be doing a write up for maybe:unsure) teolane was 12 of 13 last time out and lost some massive bets includeing a couple of 8 grand and 6 grand bets,something was obviously a miss with the horse that day and im hopeing we see the horse that won a class 1 contest making all in june and the horse that romped home over this distance in may,todate 4 runs,2 easy wins and 2 unplaced so looking for the fit teolane to turn up today

Re: BBOTD Sunday! 3.00 Windsor - Raspberry Fizz ew at 22/1 corals Has had 3 starts and now enters h/cap company for first time of which the trainer is 1/1 in 2yo nurserys this year and trainers runners over the year have improved for step up. Has met the fav Lady Gabrial on 2nd start when only 2 1/2 lengths behind that rival who came 7th and mines 12th place and also met Marygold on debut when only 1.25 lengths behind but vastly higher in price despite meeting these in much better terms weight wise. 56 looks a manageable mark and like I've said should appreciate being stepped into h/cap for first time.

Re: BBOTD Sunday! 2:15 Leicester - Abaarth Second time out for this 2yo, after a disastrous debut where he was beaten as a short priced fav. He and Dettori should have learnt from that run and as a $400,000 yearling, I should bloody hope so! Owner(33%), Trainer(42%) and Jockey(37%) stats at Leicester for the past five seasons look very good! 4/1 vc bet (BOG) - win

Re: BBOTD Sunday!

Curr 2.35 - Banimpire - win at 10/11 BOG Boyles Tough and consistant filly having her 9th run of the season. Has already won 3 times at group 3 level, the group 2 Ribblesdale at Royal Ascot and finished a short head 2nd in the Irish oaks. Appears to act on any going so the forecast rain wouldn't bother her, in fact it might suit as she's dropping back in trip. I guess horses can't keep running well every 2 or 3 weeks all season at the top level, but worth following until she shows signs of having had enough
Well...........she won, but I thought she was showing signs of needing a break now, scrubbed along, first one to be driven, hung a bit when pushed to the front............her toughness got her home, but don't think I'll back her next time unless she has a decent break !

Re: BBOTD Sunday! 3:30 Lang Shining @ Windsor - Was in good form last year winning six claiming races with todays jockey Sophie Doyle onboard for five of those wins.Is now off a career low mark and Sophie Doyle also claims 3lb.Tried in headgear for the first time and can go close if producing old form 0.5 pt E/W@ 16/1 Blue sq