** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2011 U20 World Cup

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup Here are some early odds to win the tournament (sorry I am still learning how to copy and paste odds tables neatly ;)) -

chart_off.gif Spain U204Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">3.6
chart_off.gif Argentina U204.75Betfair" class="cellOdd B X U">5.5
chart_off.gif Brazil U205.5Betfair" class="cellOdd B X U">5.7
chart_off.gif France U208Betfair" class="cellOdd B X">9.4
chart_off.gif Colombia U2012Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">6.6
chart_off.gif Nigeria U2013Betfair" class="cellOdd B X U">13.5
chart_off.gif Portugal U2015Betfair" class="cellOdd O X U">12
chart_off.gif Uruguay U2015Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">14.5
chart_off.gif Austria U2021Betfair" class="cellOdd B X D">36
chart_off.gif Croatia U2021Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">18.5
chart_off.gif England U2021Betfair" class="cellOdd B X D">21
chart_off.gif South Korea U2026Betfair" class="cellOdd B X D">44
chart_off.gif Mexico U2034Betfair" class="cellOdd B X U">34
chart_off.gif Cameroon U2041Betfair" class="cellOdd O X U">29
chart_off.gif Egypt U2041Betfair" class="cellOdd O X U">22
chart_off.gif Korea DPR U2041Betfair" class="cellOdd O X D">30
chart_off.gif Saudi Arabia U2051Betfair" class="cellOdd O X U">36
chart_off.gif Ecuador U2067Betfair" class="cellOdd O X U">25
chart_off.gif Australia U20101Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">70
chart_off.gif New Zealand U20151Betfair" class="cellOdd B X U">210
chart_off.gif Panama U20201Betfair" class="cellOdd B X U">210
chart_off.gif Costa Rica U20251Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">200
chart_off.gif Mali U20251Betfair" class="cellOdd O X">55
chart_off.gif Guatemala U20501Betfair" class="cellOdd O X U">210
Place terms (Highlight E/W)2 1/2
Best Price Percentage: 131.6%, Bookies Only: 141.0%

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup Here's some information and early thoughts - The tournament is the Fifa Under 20 World Cup, being held in Colombia from 29th July to 20th August. The current holders are Ghana, who didn't qualify this time - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-20_World_Cup http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html South American countries have won 10 out of the 17 previous tournaments - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-20_World_Cup The 24 teams are in 6 groups of 4, and 16 teams qualify for the knock-out stages - Group A Colombia France Mali South Korea Group B Cameroon New Zealand Portugal Uruguay Group C Australia Costa Rica Ecuador Spain Group D Croatia Guatemala Nigeria Saudi Arabia Group E Austria Brazil Egypt Panama Group F Argentina England Mexico North Korea Who do I think could win it? Argentina Brazil Nigeria Spain France No chance North Korea Australia South Korea Saudi Arabia Mali Costa Rica Guatemala Panama Ecuador New Zealand England Croatia Austria Outsiders Cameroon Egypt Mexico Uruguay Colombia Portugal

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup It's worth noting that the Mexico squad is pretty much the same squad that they sent to Toulon earlier in the Summer. On the whole, the quality in this world cup should be much higher than in Toulon so they may well struggle sooner or later. Davila stood out for them up front, but that's all. Colombia's is also relatively similar to the one they sent to Toulon. They were actually impressive though so a good performance in this world cup is not to be ruled out. The Portugal squad is much changed so I don't know what to expect from them. France's is also much changed and looking at their squad they have a pretty nice looking set of players. I'd have them as one of the potential winners, though perhaps not as strongly as other teams.

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Egypt U20 - Panama U20
Selection Egypt U20(-1.5)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.20
Reasoning Egypt surprised everyone in the opening game as they deservedly snatched a point from Brazil. They found themselves 1 goal down early into the game as right back Danilo converted an excellent corner kick by Coutinho. But they reacted instantly and took the game to Brazil. They pressed on and got their reward pretty soon drawing 1-1. Since than things quiet a bit and the game ended in a draw with Brazil failing to break an extremelly well organized defence from Egypt who also showed a lot of potential up-front. Panama started the competition with a nil draw with Austria. They were 2nd best throughout the game with their opponents missing some big chances. Panama only had 2 good opportunities to score and both came at the end of the game. Their defence was easily broken at times, and if Egypt players will perform like against Brazil I see them making havoc here.

Event Brazil U20 - Austria U20
Selection Over 3.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.50
Reasoning Brazil U20 is one of the candidates for the title here. They have a lot of potential in the squad especially up-front with players like Henrique, Coutinho, Alan Patrick or Dudu. They like to attack in pace and it's highly unlikely that they will stumble here again after the opening draw. They started the game with Egypt really strong and got their early goal, but it seemed like they were surprised by the response from the Africans who got the score level and balanced the game. I saw Brazil U20 in plenty of games since the start of the year, and this is the type of team which can crush any opponent in a good day. For example, 5-1 win over Chile or 6-0 win over Uruguay. At the same time they have a rather shaky defence and their goalkeeper ain't really top level as he conceded a rather cheap goal from Egypt. Austria is the best possible opponent from them. They did make a nil draw with Panama, but their opponents simply slowed the game at times and Austria missed some 100% chances in that game. At the same time they looked fragile in defence and once Brazil takes the lead here we can expect them to score more. At the same time Austria can score. Everything points out to a high scoring game here, and 4 goals is really possible here.

Just seen that we missed match day one in which Colombia smashed France 4-1 so perhaps France wont be as strong as I thought.
That was a surprise result, and I didn't see the game. But I would be surprised if Colombia win this tournament - but France might have a chance, assuming they qualify from this group.

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup Good to see you all talking about this tournament now . Before it started I searched a few forums and found no threads . I thought I was the only one that was interested . I made some small outright bets myself on a few long shots of between $10 and $15 for fun .

Event Argentina - England
Selection Argentina
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.89
Reasoning A duel that is really the big game of the day 2 of Colombian World Cup is this Argentina - England, in Medellin. The team commanded by Walter Perazzo defeated Mexico by 1-0 on the first game, on a closed and balanced game, where only the geniality of Lamela decided. Despite the win, the coach was not complete satisfied and on the midfield will play Juan Manuel Iturbe on the starting eleven. He will make double with Fernando Ferreyra. It is the only change on the team. England will play this game without being favourite as they left some of their best players at home, where the clubs didn't release them, as they are preparing the Premier League star, on two weeks. Anyway, they have to play by their prestige and they will try to get their first win, as on the first game they draw 0-0 against North Korea, with a doubtfully performance.

Event Mexico U20 - North Korea U20
Selection Mexico U20(-1.5)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 3.40
Reasoning Mexico U20 trained a lot for this tournament and it's my feeling that they aren't gonna let it go all to waste. They played at the Toulon tournament were they finished on 4th place, and they continued at the Copa America where Mexico sent these youngsters to play in a group also involving Chile, Peru and Uruguay. Despite losing all the games, they didn't embarass themselves as all losses came at a minimal margin. Now in the first game here they lost 1-0 to Argentina. But, the result was rather undeserved. Mexico controlled most of the game, they passed the ball really well, a lot of speedy charges and had the better chances till Argentina got the opening goal close to the end. They even got a goal dissalowed at the start of the second half. And its my opinion they will go all guns blazing here, as this is the game they want to win if they want to make it through, having to play England in the last group game. North Korea as always impressed in their 0-0 draw with England with their organization. But the technical skills of their players are way inferior to Mexico here, and they did allow England a couple of good chances to score, which Mexico won't miss here. Goal difference could be crucial, and Mexico will look to keep an eye on it.

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup Are these games being shown live anywhere? FWIW, I agree with both bets posted. The form here is the Argentina v Mexico match, rather than the England v North Korea game. The first game was technically very good, featuring two good teams that are aiming to win this tournament. The second match was a technically poor North Korea side against a very, very weak England team. There were 30 eligible players made unavailable for England. I see comfortable wins for both South American sides.

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup [71510] NIGERIA U20 +2200 15 / 330 [71516] CAMEROON U20 +6600 15 / 990 [71519] AUSTRALIA U20 +5000 15 / 750 [71520] COSTA RICA U20 +10000 15 / 1500 Played Costa Rica only because I'm there really . got these odds before the first set of games were played obviously so some of my teams have a loss already , some ties .

[71510] NIGERIA U20 +2200 15 / 330 [71516] CAMEROON U20 +6600 15 / 990 [71519] AUSTRALIA U20 +5000 15 / 750 [71520] COSTA RICA U20 +10000 15 / 1500 Played Costa Rica only because I'm there really . got these odds before the first set of games were played obviously so some of my teams have a loss already , some ties .
Sorry - couldn't understand those numbers - but I take it you bet on these 4 teams to win the tournament?

Eurosport and elsewher online
Cheers :ok Mexico have looked a class above North Korea. Based on this I'd recommend doubling bets on Argentina. England are horribly over-rated by the markets. Don't be surprised to see some of the Argentina players at the top of the game in the future, last two U-20 WCs Argentina were in they won: 2005 - Golden Boot and Player of Tournament - Lionel Messi 2007 - Golden Boot and Player of Tournament - Sergio Aguero Erik Lamela scored against Mexico and is about to move to an exciting looking AS Roma team......

Event Egypt U20 - Panama U20
Selection Egypt U20(-1.5)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.20
Reasoning Egypt surprised everyone in the opening game as they deservedly snatched a point from Brazil. They found themselves 1 goal down early into the game as right back Danilo converted an excellent corner kick by Coutinho. But they reacted instantly and took the game to Brazil. They pressed on and got their reward pretty soon drawing 1-1. Since than things quiet a bit and the game ended in a draw with Brazil failing to break an extremelly well organized defence from Egypt who also showed a lot of potential up-front. Panama started the competition with a nil draw with Austria. They were 2nd best throughout the game with their opponents missing some big chances. Panama only had 2 good opportunities to score and both came at the end of the game. Their defence was easily broken at times, and if Egypt players will perform like against Brazil I see them making havoc here.
FT: Egypt U20 1 Panama U20 0 I saw most of this game. Egypt certainly deserved the win, but could not score more against a strong Panama defence.

Tuesday 2 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif France U20 v South Korea U20 (23:00 BST) 1.97 3.4 4.6 101.91 %
maximize.gif Uruguay U20 v New Zealand U20 (23:00 BST) 1.37 4.8 12.5 101.83 %
Wednesday 3 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Colombia U20 v Mali U20 (02:00 BST) 1.31 5.5 12 102.85 %
maximize.gif Portugal U20 v Cameroon U20 (02:00 BST) 2.34 3.35 3.5 101.16 %

Event France U20 v South Korea U20
Selection Over 2.5 Total Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.50
Reasoning The U20 south korea team and the U20 of france are to meet today in what will determine the faith of the France U20 team in this competion, if they manage to secure a win here in this game i think they can still make it to the next stage but with what happened in their 1st game against the host nation i can't see them perfoming any wonder tonight but if they will, the South Korea team will want to get atleast a point out of this game as they will finally meet the host nation in the 3rd game they will play and it will be better for them to secure their qualifying ticket in this game. the game will be tough but goals will surely come out of this. so going for over 2.5 goals in this game is sure bet which i think.
:ok

Event France U20 v South Korea U20
Selection Over 2.5 Total Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.50
Reasoning The U20 south korea team and the U20 of france are to meet today in what will determine the faith of the France U20 team in this competion, if they manage to secure a win here in this game i think they can still make it to the next stage but with what happened in their 1st game against the host nation i can't see them perfoming any wonder tonight but if they will, the South Korea team will want to get atleast a point out of this game as they will finally meet the host nation in the 3rd game they will play and it will be better for them to secure their qualifying ticket in this game. the game will be tough but goals will surely come out of this. so going for over 2.5 goals in this game is sure bet which i think.
Remember that in this competition, four of the six 3rd-placed sides qualify for the knockout stages, so there is less pressure on teams to qualify. France on 0 points do need the points more than S Korea on 3, and I think France will hope to rebound from their unexpected 4-1 defeat - so early on I think France will attack and S Korea defend. Both sides might settle for a draw though, because that will leave both with a good chance of qualifying. http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/standings/index.html

Event France U20 - South Korea U20
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.54
Reasoning I honestly don't understand why the big odds for over here. Afterall France is an offensive minded team with many talented players in its team, always capable of scoring goals, but at the same time a rather weak defence. They lost 4-1 the opening game against hosts Colombia and since South Korea won their opening game against Mali 2-0, anything but a win here would rule out France from this tournament. Griezmann(Real Sociedad), Lacazette(Ol.Lyon) or Kakuta(Chelsea) are the stars of this team. Lyon supplies this squad with most players, but many of them are already first team regulars even though in Ligue 2. I saw their style of play at the Toulon tournament 2 months ago. They are offensive minded, and especially now under curent conditions I really don't see them sitting back and defending. My general idea about South Korean football is that they are the total opposite of North Koreans. They like attacking, aren't shy at all, and are good at scoring. For example, in the first group stage game they met Mali. The match was postponed 1 hour because of heavy rain. Despite the fact that the rain kept powering through the entire match the Koreans were able to score 2 goals and win 2-0. Now under better weather conditions, against a France team with attacking intentions and alraedy 4 goals conceded from hosts Colombia u gotta admit the Koreans should find goal/goals here. That's why I really don't get these odds of 2.54 for the over 2.5 and see it as a really good chance of winning.

Event Colombia U20 v Mali U20
Selection Mali (+2) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 5/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.82
Reasoning Truely the host nation will want to win this very game but they are playing against an africa team who have just lost their 1st game against the south korea team by 2 goals down but today match will determine their faith in this competion has they will want to win this game or have a point out of this game. the game will be tough for the host nation and i can't see them winning this game with this asian handicap. but the mali team will surely hold them to atleast a draw if the worst come.

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup Good Luck to all . I'm considering taking Mali +2 goals tonight simply because of the value of that number in relation to the expected game total . Also I believe that too much emphasis is being placed on Colombia's 4-1 over France . IMO France outplayed Colombia for most of the game but a stupid penalty and France missing a clear shot on goal changed the outcome completely . After that missed shot to tie 2-2 France made some stupid mistakes and it was quickly 3-1 then 4-1 .

Good Luck to all . I'm considering taking Mali +2 goals tonight simply because of the value of that number in relation to the expected game total . Also I believe that too much emphasis is being placed on Colombia's 4-1 over France . IMO France outplayed Colombia for most of the game but a stupid penalty and France missing a clear shot on goal changed the outcome completely . After that missed shot to tie 2-2 France made some stupid mistakes and it was quickly 3-1 then 4-1 .
Good comment, imo, African youngsters always have potential to cause upsets. GL :ok

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventFrance U20 v South Korea U20
SelectionOver 2.5 Total Goals
Strength10/10
Date02/08/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.50
ReasoningThe U20 south korea team and the U20 of france are to meet today in what will determine the faith of the France U20 team in this competion, if they manage to secure a win here in this game i think they can still make it to the next stage but with what happened in their 1st game against the host nation i can't see them perfoming any wonder tonight but if they will, the South Korea team will want to get atleast a point out of this game as they will finally meet the host nation in the 3rd game they will play and it will be better for them to secure their qualifying ticket in this game. the game will be tough but goals will surely come out of this. so going for over 2.5 goals in this game is sure bet which i think.
Excellent Call! France did not perform well but they won. Korea is too conservative, they don' deserve to lose the game.

Here are some early odds to win the tournament (sorry I am still learning how to copy and paste odds tables neatly ;)) -
chart_off.gifSpain U204Betfair">3.6
chart_off.gifArgentina U204.75Betfair">5.5
chart_off.gifBrazil U205.5Betfair">5.7
chart_off.gifFrance U208Betfair">9.4
chart_off.gifColombia U2012Betfair">6.6
chart_off.gifNigeria U2013Betfair">13.5
chart_off.gifPortugal U2015Betfair">12
chart_off.gifUruguay U2015Betfair">14.5
chart_off.gifAustria U2021Betfair">36
chart_off.gifCroatia U2021Betfair">18.5
chart_off.gifEngland U2021Betfair">21
chart_off.gifSouth Korea U2026Betfair">44
chart_off.gifMexico U2034Betfair">34
chart_off.gifCameroon U2041Betfair">29
chart_off.gifEgypt U2041Betfair">22
chart_off.gifKorea DPR U2041Betfair">30
chart_off.gifSaudi Arabia U2051Betfair">36
chart_off.gifEcuador U2067Betfair">25
chart_off.gifAustralia U20101Betfair">70
chart_off.gifNew Zealand U20151Betfair">210
chart_off.gifPanama U20201Betfair">210
chart_off.gifCosta Rica U20251Betfair">200
chart_off.gifMali U20251Betfair">55
chart_off.gifGuatemala U20501Betfair">210
Place terms (Highlight E/W)2 1/2
Best Price Percentage: 131.6%, Bookies Only: 141.0%
Where did you find these odds? I cannot find any websites which contains the odds to win this cup.

Re: 2011 U20 World Cup OK , Mali officially stinks . Two 2-0 losses makes them unworthy of another bet from me unless I get +3 or something like that on the handicap . I don't think Saudi Arabia should be such a short favourite vs Guatemala . The Saudis are very disciplined and defensive minded team and I know e were all surprised that they beat Croatia 2-0 but I think the Guats match up a little better with them . The Guatemalans were in a huge mismatch vs Nigeria in class and physically , I don't think that is the case in this game , also they are looking for points . So I think +1.5 AH might be a good play if I can find +2 not too expensive I might take that one . Any thoughts ?