All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts!

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts!

wonder what the betting turnover on course was tonight? very low i expect i know i have sounded negative in this thread but i dont see what benefit this is for racing really, but each to thier own
it would be interesting to read how they made a book on each race as for percentages etc as no doubt the big hitters wouldn't be touching this meeting with a ten foot pole, maybe people who sit in a betting office might get excited

wonder what the betting turnover on course was tonight? very low i expect i know i have sounded negative in this thread but i dont see what benefit this is for racing really, but each to thier own
Betfair markets were very low the couple I checked! I agree Bowles total waste of time!

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Bowles and Chris, Never mind guys you'll be happy that proper racing is back in full swing tomorrow with 4 runner races all over the shop at Bath and not one race with enough runners to bet on the first three EW at Ffos Las, Oh and dont forget a superb meeting at Skegness, sorry i meant Southwell!! They are trying something different, your attitude is terrible towards the lady jockeys be honest although I agree you are entitled to your opinion:ok

Bowles and Chris, Never mind guys you'll be happy that proper racing is back in full swing tomorrow with 4 runner races all over the shop at Bath and not one race with enough runners to bet on the first three EW at Ffos Las, Oh and dont forget a superb meeting at Skegness, sorry i meant Southwell!! They are trying something different, your attitude is terrible towards the lady jockeys be honest although I agree you are entitled to your opinion:ok
my view BH was that i felt it done nothing for women in racing who have fought their way into the mens game and hold their own at all levels including group class as recent july cup winner showed us I felt by having this meeting looked like a stunt but i didnt realise that Alexandra Burke was peforming afterwards so a decent crowd was guaranteed anyhow. If the game is now about putting out 16 horses and calling it an pro-amateur race then so be it however its not for me. I am glad they raised money for a much deserved charity also I think Racing for Change etc could work wonders but some things are very simple which they seem to avoid Normal day to day cards are poorly attended and even my local track Sandown, i am amazed sometimes at the sparse crowds unless its a group meeting although the Brig gerard was quiet this year. One of the problems is the priice to get in, stick a concert in and it looks fair value, however i am amazed courses like sandown etc do not charge a senior citizen rate for over 60's or 65's. These are the people who would swell an afternoon card as they are not always working. They also like a punt and used to keep the course bookies going as they dont necessarily bet on the net. Just 1 suggestion amongst possibly another 10 or 20 improvements we could list on here as a team. :ok I got a bit carried away in this thread as just felt it was not doing our game any good

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! I actually think it was a good thing. If you look at the races, they were all 14-17 runners and in my few years of following the sport, I don't think I have seen that on a Monday evening! I didn't get any winners, but had a couple of Kevin Ryan seconds - although backed to win!

I think Racing for Change etc could work wonders but some things are very simple which they seem to avoid Just 1 suggestion amongst possibly another 10 or 20 improvements we could list on here as a team.
maybe we should put that into practice

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Got to say there are some harsh opinions on here about Carlisle's meeting last night. Obviously betting is important in horse racing but it isnt everything and given the amount of racing on surely one less card for some of you to look at should be a positive. As a one off meeting that is also for charity I think its a good idea. Like I said before we already have female only races anyway so whats the difference from having six in one day?

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Can't understand the negativity towards the initiative. Had lots of support from public/trainers/jockeys, big fields too. If you don't like it , don't support it , bet on the grayhounds or Portman Park instead. Creating opportunities for those with few can only be a good thing. Comming up at the weekend is the truely awful Shergar Cup , any negativity towards this event i can understand.

Comming up at the weekend is the truely awful Shergar Cup , any negativity towards this event i can understand.
Oh yes the only racecalling gig of the year where Mike Vince gets to call the races but he is only heard by the racecourse

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Im sort of neutral towards the Shergar Cup to be honest. I again think there is no harm in having something like this as a one off, quite a few other countries seem to have something like this. The one thing that I do have the problem with is that they seem to be struggling with getting the top jockeys now and that harms the competition. It seems pretty popular with the crowds as well so as something that happens once a year I can handle it.

Im sort of neutral towards the Shergar Cup to be honest. I again think there is no harm in having something like this as a one off' date=' quite a few other countries seem to have something like this. The one thing that I do have the problem with is that they seem to be struggling with getting the top jockeys now and that harms the competition. It seems pretty popular with the crowds as well so as something that happens once a year I can handle it.[/quote'] Great Britain Paul Hanagan (Captain) Hayley Turner Jim Crowley Ireland Richard Hughes (Captain) Fran Berry Colm O'Donoghue Europe Olivier Peslier (Captain) Mirco Demuro Christophe Lemaire Rest of the World Doug Whyte (Captain) Yutaka Take Hugh Bowman Notice no Dettori who normally turns up at the opening of an envelope. Doug Whyte is a good jockey and Hugh Bowman is also a top rider, notice if you will Hayley Turner is the only female shame they couldnt get Emma Jane Wilson over from Canada

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Why isn't the British team comprised of top jockeys ? Paul Hanegan fair enough up and comming , but Turner and Crowley ! They should be using big race jockeys like Richard Hills and Daryll Holland. We showcasing the best of British ,and this is one of the many points i dislike about the Shergar Cup.

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Look at the achievements of the international jockeys and then compare them to the British team. Without cheating can you name 5 big wins that the 3 of them have achieved collectively. This years July Cup doesn't count !

Look at the achievements of the international jockeys and then compare them to the British team. Without cheating can you name 5 big wins that the 3 of them have achieved collectively. This years July Cup doesn't count !
Maybe Rod Street thought otherwise