** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 21st July

Re: BBOTD 21st July 6.25 Leopardstown - 1pt win Remember Alexander @ 14/1 (Bet365) - BOG Jessie Harrington's 2yo filly runs in this Group 3 stakes despite failing to have won a maiden in two attempts, but something tells me she still is a very nice filly. Her debut effort was extremely eye-catching, which made her disappointing run 2nd time out a major blow for me. I thought she was clearly the horse to take out of the race at the Curragh on the 2nd May when she first saw the racetrack. She was punted off the boards into 5/2 favourite and we soon saw why as she was slowly away, before racing keenly and inexperienced. Fran Berry had to switch right before she rattled home to finish 2nd by 2l. The winner on that occasion was none other than Power, who has rock solid form having won the Coventry at Royal Ascot. He also has form with Fire Lily prior to Ascot, who has confirmed the form. The Curragh form has worked out well, also, with several horses coming out and running well since. It was such a good effort under the conditions that I couldn't see her beaten when sent off at 5/6 on her next start, but despite being close up throughout, and holding every chance not far from the line, she could only finish 4th of 16. She goes up to 7f today which possibly will suit in some regards, but at the same time, she's raced quite freely on her two starts to date which raises question marks in my mind. If she settles then perhaps she's a bit overpriced. I truly hope that her latest run was not her true self, and she will indeed be a very smart individual, which I thought after her debut run. I have been trying to find excuses for it, and perhaps I came across something when looking at trainer form in recent months. Jessie Harrington was operating at an 8% strike rate with her flat runners in May - when both Remember Alexander's runs were. However, she boasted a 21% strike rate in April, followed by 19% in June and so far 18% in July. Say her horses weren't running up to scratch when Remember Alexander ran last time, it may just give some scope for a much improved performance today. The market suggests it is a 2 horse race, but even the 3rd favourite was well held by Remember Alexander when the pair were beaten by Power, so perhaps 14/1 is overpriced. Tenth Star may be tough to beat, but if one of the front two in the market fail to sparkle, or Remember Alexander bounces back, 14/1 might give a tasty reward for a top-two finish. Despite the O'Brien favourite looking a progressive sort, it might be a bit skinny with Zip Top well beaten by Fire Lily since, and a 3 runner field last time could have flattered him. Sticking with my guns, though, with a filly who I believed would be very useful after her debut, and hopefully she'll repay my faith today. Tough ask, but she boasts a very creditable 2l 2nd to a Coventry winner, so should be ruled out at your peril.

Re: BBOTD 21st July 2.45 Sandown Hollow Tree showed a lot of resilience to win lto, made all and won very easily. Up in grade here but should continue improving and Hughes is very good at making all the running if thats how it goes today again. Should go very well. 1 Pt win 5/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD 21st July D6.50 Mount Hollow 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Boylesports I'll be hoping for more rain throughout the day at Doncaster for this lightly raced horse and if so, the price could drop quite significantly. The horse races off a career low handicap mark tonight and just happens to have what could be its optimal conditions. Has encountered give in the ground on 2 occasions and they would be among the horses best runs and breeding certainly suggests the horse would like some cut. The run last time out when ridden by an inexperienced claimer would suggest that the drop back in trip will suit and 16/1 looks far too big to me.

Re: BBOTD 21st July 7.25 Doncaster York Glory is very near nap material for me and he looks a massive price in my opinion especially since the going has changed from G/F to G G/S in places! Kevin Ryan has always stated this his horse would be so much better on softer ground. Yet he ran his best race to date last time out on fast ground at Haydock over 6 with 1st time blinkers which have clearly been put on to try and keep him sttraight in a finish as he has been known to hang and they did there job well. He was a good second but was perhaps a little to keen in early stages and he is clearly not the most straightforward and has his quirks but also bags of ability, the first 2 finished well clear of a good benchmark in Thirteen Shivers by nearly 4 lengths who also finished well clear of the rest. He is set to race off a 5lb higher mark so this looks a golden opportunity to cash in before the handicapper has his say especially on softer ground. 1pt win York Glory 2/1 boyles

Re: BBOTD 21st July 0.5pts eachway shetland 540 worcester 25/1 PP have had a tip for this horse. hes french bred, a first timer and would probably only be of interest seriously if theres money for him. and there hasnt been a lot as yet. however, the canny tom o brien rides, which is a plus so im going to have a pop

Re: BBOTD 21st July Bath 13:30 - Ridgeway Sapphire 9/1 Bet365 0.5pts e/w Has something to find with the fav Jolly Ranch on their last run but she is up 7lb since then, the selection is still a maiden after 11 runs which is a concern but best runs have came at this track and if she is to strike then conditions look right to do that today.

Re: BBOTD 21st July 15.20 sandown. Kinetica 1pt win 7/2 coral betfred Last time out won on this good soft ground. Has a great chance today. Arsaadi is the main rival i think because hawfinch ran on soft ground last tim out n didnt do well. So top 2 will be arsaadi n kinetica. I fo think kinetica has a stronger finish.

Re: BBOTD 21st July 245 Sandown: Hollow Tree 1pt (13/2 Bet365) 1m6f handicap on soft ground and like the look of Baldings Hollow Tree who has a 6lbs penalty for winning well last time but is still a pound better off than he will be in future races. Changed tactics last time by leading and with no obvious pace in the race he could have it all his own way up front. Definite stayer which you cant say about some of these and has ran ok on soft ground, again which may unsuit some of the opposition. 13/2 is a fair price.

Re: BBOTD 21st July 8.20 Epsom - Tanjung Agas (3/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Has looked far from straight forward in both starts this year but has run well on both occasions, the switching of cheek-pieces for blinkers should hopefully help keep this quirky sort on his toes and concentrating on the job; hopefully the idiosyncratic nature of the course at Epsom will help in that regard as well (his win last time out came at Bath which is not dissimilar to Epsom). The Varian yard continue in sparkling form and despite the horse's obvious quirks, up against a field of mainly exposed performers, he makes a good bit of appeal at the current odds available in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD 21st July

0.5pts eachway shetland 540 worcester 25/1 PP have had a tip for this horse. hes french bred, a first timer and would probably only be of interest seriously if theres money for him. and there hasnt been a lot as yet. however, the canny tom o brien rides, which is a plus so im going to have a pop
how good is ur tip

Re: BBOTD 21st July 0.5 e/w billion dollar kid 20/1 ladbrokes bog 17.00 sandown billion dollar kid ran in a 1 mile contest last time out which i think is to far for a horse that has only been placed in 1 of its 4.. 1 mile starts todate,back to 7 furlongs today which 2 of its wins have been from,and a course and distance winner not the horse it was of old but the 4th place in a 7 furlong contest in june over the same going and the same distance is promising,decent e/w claims at a very tasty price in this 10 runner field 20/1 only available with ladbrokes from what i can see

Re: BBOTD 21st July Holy Empress 6.20 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. All about the ground for me, and with the rain surely getting in, I think this will suit her much more than it did on debut. Can improve plenty for that run and is at a big, tempting price. Trip's not a concern. 25/1 Sky Bet (bog)