FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked

Nade

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked I would be surprised if Full Tilt didn't have a duplicate set of servers (and licence) located elsewhere and wasn't able to run from a different location fairly soon. That would be egaming management 101. But I've sort of come to expect the unexpected these days....

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked

I would be surprised if Full Tilt didn't have a duplicate set of servers (and licence) located elsewhere and wasn't able to run from a different location fairly soon. That would be egaming management 101. But I've sort of come to expect the unexpected these days....
Are FTP that organised? I think you give FTP too much credit as we all know they've been a mess for a long long time :lol Anyway who in their right mind would put money back on that site even if they did move? They're pretty much at this moment in time a slightly (only slightly) more reputable company than UB. I'd keep money well clear of any site that servers US players apart from Stars right now too.

Are FTP that organised? I think you give FTP too much credit as we all know they've been a mess for a long long time :lol Anyway who in their right mind would put money back on that site even if they did move? They're pretty much at this moment in time a slightly (only slightly) more reputable company than UB. I'd keep money well clear of any site that servers US players apart from Stars right now too.
Indeed I probably am. It should be really basic management to have some sort of plan for power blackouts in Alderney etc etc. They were previously licenced in Kahnawake and would likely still have servers there. The site even makes reference to the fact that data may be stored on servers in Ireland or Kahnawake. Not sure about an up to date licence though.

They've had to cease all operations' date=' at least temporarily. Some speculate this is so they can investigate and see what's going on to try and get players money back. Just looks like FTP is finished.[/quote'] Is there anything wrong with poker starsas I'm being told to re load the software

Is there anything wrong with poker starsas I'm being told to re load the software
It must be your first time logging in since before the weekend? I had to do so on Saturday, and my mate had had to on the Friday. Just go to site and install from the download link, and everything is fine

Is there anything wrong with poker starsas I'm being told to re load the software
Nothing wrong with Pokerstars. They're not broke like FTP ;) I imagine a lot of players from FTP in EU will now turn to Stars. Since they can't play on FTP from today... and Stars have all the player funds guaranteed.

No

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked actually I am not surprised, the way the support behaved and replied to emails not only to mine, made me think if they are so crappy because they know their jobs gone I am not even shocked anymore I learned my lesson, even though I would have preferred not learn it on the hard way, but well can't change it can i

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked Wow!! I know the signs were there, but if Full Tilt arent safe, then seriously, who is? Stars have clearly set themselves above everyone else....but even so..... And 32Red haven't wasted any time!! :lol :lol :lol

on tilt after the latest news? Play at 32Red Plc, listed on the London Stock Exchange, for safe and secure gaming plus 5x €1,000 Freerolls over the next 5 days
With the greatest of respect to 32Red (I'm a fan of the skin :ok Even though I havent played there for a while), their network provider, Microgaming, dont exactly have the best of reputations, or a good track record in protecting players funds!!

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked DOUGLAS, ISLE OF MAN – JUNE 29 In light of today’s news that Alderney Gambling Control Commission has suspended Full Tilt Poker’s license, PokerStars wishes to assure our customers that their funds are completely safe and that our operations are completely unaffected. The Isle of Man Gaming Commission today re-affirmed that PokerStars' worldwide licensing is intact and that our operations are in full compliance with all of its requirements. PokerStars' online operations continue as normal and all funds in players’ accounts are safe and available for withdrawal as usual with no delays. PokerStars also remains in full compliance with our licenses in other jurisdictions where we are regulated, including France, Italy and Estonia. As provided under our licensing, PokerStars has always maintained the integrity and security of our players’ funds, by keeping all such funds in segregated bank accounts, always available for immediate withdrawal. Since the actions of US Department of Justice in April, we have returned more than $120 million to US players and continue to act upon requests as they are received. Players outside the US have not been affected and all cash-outs have been processed without delays. Further, PokerStars entered into an agreement with the Department of Justice which expressly confirmed the company’s ability to operate outside the US. We will continue to operate as a responsible corporate citizen and are committed to serving the needs of our customers in complete compliance with our regulatory requirements.

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked http://www.gov.im/gambling/ GSC Statement 29th June 2011 The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission wishes to make it clear that the licensing status of PokerStars in the Isle of Man remains unchanged following today's statement from the Gambling Control Commission in Alderney. Alderney is a separate jurisdiction from the Isle of Man and the operation in question is separate from PokerStars. PokerStars continues to demonstrate compliance with its licence conditions in the Isle of Man. PokerStars continues to offer withdrawals to any players who wish to withdraw their funds, including players in the USA to whom PokerStars does not currently offer real-money gaming.

Big well done to the Alderney Gambling Control Commission' date=' only question is why did it take so long?[/quote'] I thought FTP was close to making a deal to sell shares to get the money to fund the payouts? This bombshell has made that a lot more difficult now. :unsure

I thought FTP was close to making a deal to sell shares to get the money to fund the payouts? This bombshell has made that a lot more difficult now. :unsure
Reading between the lines and cutting through all the BS i'd say it very likely there's been some smoke and mirrors for the last 2months and now the top brass including Lederer and Ferguson are now effectively on the run, assuming players who haven't got their money back already will get nothing and with no means to pay them back but have pocketed 10's of millions themselves then they're no more than criminals, but whether anyone has any ability to throw the book at them more than the DOJ has already done remains to be seen.

Reading between the lines and cutting through all the BS i'd say it very likely there's been some smoke and mirrors for the last 2months and now the top brass including Lederer and Ferguson are now effectively on the run' date=' assuming players who haven't got their money back already will get nothing and with no means to pay them back but have pocketed 10's of millions themselves then they're no more than criminals, but whether anyone has any ability to throw the book at them more than the DOJ has already done remains to be seen.[/quote'] Traffic was still really good on FTP. They were still worth a lot. They could have sold FTP for hundreds of millions before this happened today (Talks with Binion?). They need a gaming license to operate now, else they are worth nothing... I don't know what for games are being played and who could possibly gain anything from this chaos, but the players are the biggest losers with this result today. :cry Really sad day in poker history. This damages the trust players can have in pokerrooms.

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked I wonder why there homepage is still running, the only msg there is a joke really: Maintenance In Progress We apologise but the system is currently down. Please check back later. At least it does not say anymore that it is a regular planned Maintenance like it did earlier. Is a very polite and bit understatement way to say a company is done really

Did you ever get your money Gina?
wrong question :cry no that why I learned my lesson on a hard way, and I doubt I will get it, even if some optimists tell me i will get it after the hearing well over here we say, you cant take something out of a naked mans bag

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked :sad sorry, can't believe you were still waiting for it for no justifiable reason for all this time.

well over here we say' date=' you cant take something out of a naked mans bag[/quote'] :rollin

• 1 month later...

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked I've just been trying to catch up on this on 2plus2 ... and I really dont get it. FTP is basically insolvent - they no longer have the money to trade and are trying to find ways out. But without any administrators having been appointed, the management/owners are trying to find buyers for their insolvent business, and to make the sale more attractive are continuing to spend assets (paying a large sum of money to the Alderney Gaming Comission). Surely, when insolvent, that's not allowed under any jurisdiction? When you run out of cash, and have debts, you cant pick and choose which creditors get paid before you call in the administrators?

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked Who would you declare insolvent? Who owes the money to the players? Where are they regulated? Full Tilt is comprised of a number of companies, some who own the intellectual property, some who provide 'marketing services', some who hold the licences (there are four of these in Alderney alone), some who own the software. And pretty much all of these are based in different locations around the world. It's not clear at all what state the company is in sadly. So no it's not as simple as that I'm afraid. Plus Alderney have placed the four companies under its control in a state of limbo at the moment. It's all a bit of a mess frankly.

Re: FullTiltPoker's Alderney Gaming license revoked http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/08...vestors-10893.htm For well over a month, poker fans have heard rumors that a group of European investors had expressed interest in acquiring Full Tilt Poker, which gave credence to the possibility that players may actually see refunds. However, that enthusiasm dwindled as news regarding a possible takeover grew stagnate. In a press release issued exclusively to PokerNews by Full Tilt Poker, it seems the company is now seeking other possible investors. Here is the press release which we received Monday, August 22, 2011, in its entirety: Dublin, Ireland (August 22, 2011) - On August 16, Irish based Pocket Kings Ltd., brand executor for the Full Tilt Poker moniker, concluded the exclusivity period of negotiations with their current potential investor. While Pocket Kings Ltd. plans to continue discussions with its current investor, the company has now begun negotiations with additional potential investors to conclude the sale/partnership of the Full Tilt Poker brand and its assets. Full Tilt Poker apologizes for its lack of communication with its customers over the last month and a half, but it has been grappling with unexpected and complex legal and financial issues arising from Black Friday and its aftermath. In addition, the company has had to be circumspect about disclosing the progress of negotiations with potential investors because there is often a requirement of strict confidentiality. To the extent that it can do so without jeopardizing future opportunities, Full Tilt Poker will strive to have better communication with its customers going forward. Full Tilt Poker's number one priority remains the same: to secure an infusion of capital to repay all of its worldwide customers.

Tuesday night, Nathan Vardi from

Forbes.com released a statement he received from Full Tilt Poker. In the statement, the company explains why it has not been able to pay back its players, citing Black Friday, government cash seizures in the two years preceding Black Friday, and theft from one of its payment processors as the events that have caused the company financial issues. The company also states that six outside investors made their way to Dublin to take a look at the operations. Full Tilt Poker is currently using a financial adviser to help find an investor and a new management team. Here is the statement in full from Forbes.com. "As is obvious from the events that have transpired since April 15th, Full Tilt Poker was not prepared for the far-reaching, US government enforcement effort of Black Friday." "The events of Black Friday came on the heels of prior government enforcement activities and significant theft. Over the two years preceding Black Friday, the US government seized approximately $115M of player funds located in U.S. banks. While we believed that offering peer-to-peer online poker did not violate any federal laws — a belief supported by many solid and well-reasoned legal opinions — the DOJ took a different view. In addition, as was widely reported, a key payment processor stole approximately $42M from Full Tilt Poker. Until April 15th, Full Tilt Poker had always covered these losses so that no player was ever affected. Finally, during late 2010 and early 2011, Full Tilt Poker experienced unprecedented issues with some of its third-party processors that greatly contributed to its financial problems. While the company was on its way to addressing the problems caused by these processors, Full Tilt Poker never anticipated that the DOJ would proceed as it did by seizing our global domain name and shutting down the site worldwide." "Over the last four months, Full Tilt Poker has been actively exploring opportunities with outside investors in order to stabilize the company and pay back our players. At least six of those groups, including hedge funds, operators of other internet businesses and individual investors, have visited Dublin to inspect the operation. We have recently engaged an additional financial adviser through an investment banking group to assist us in our search for an infusion of cash as well as a new management team to restore the site and repay players. While any deal of this nature is necessarily complex given the current regulatory environment, our players should know that Full Tilt Poker is fully committed to paying them back in full and restoring confidence in our operations." Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/08/full-tilt-poker-why-it-hasn-t-been-able-to-pay-back-players-10950.htm