Poker Player Grandprix 7

ooblio

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Player Grandprix 7 I'm still sick about the way I went out after about 3 hours. Out in I think 23rd when blinds up to 500/1000 with 100 anti. I was one of the top stacks at my table but only had 9100 left. most of the table were around 4 to 6000. Most of the small stacks had been going all in for the past 20 mins. Up to that point i hadn't been to show down and hadn't had to show a hand. one of the pokerplayer bountys with around 9500in early raised to 2000. He had been all in several times when short stacked and had got lucky. I put him on something like AQ/AJ/A/10. folded to me in mid position. Due to the blind structure and our starting stack of 7000, this was a fold or push. I had 55 and thought if I pushed he would be able to fold. I was tempted to fold but with 4400 in the pot, I couldn't really wait around. After I pushed it folded back to the raiser who said I expect I am well behind and then called. He showed AQ off. flop showed a 10 and turn and river came JK to give him a straight. Still not sure if I made the right move. My mistake was to think he could fold which was probably not likely. This is about the 4th live torunament I have lost a key hand on the river when ahead so would welcome any views on my play.

Re: Poker Player Grandprix 7 Pretty sure thats totally standard play for shallow stacked tournies(is for me any way) You got a pair you, had a wee bit of fold equity, you shoved he called and you got unlucky. Any one who says wait for a better spot............well good luck to you.

Re: Poker Player Grandprix 7 Finished 9th for $400 was 2nd in chips behind Alun, we were both pretty well ahead of everyone else, when I raised to 11,000 with AJ, action folded around to Alun who raised to 22,000 i have around 25,000 in front of me (+ 11k in middle), and as Alun had been raising with a lot of hands, bullying pretty much everyone, I push the rest in knowing if I lose I get $400 (which I am happy with), but if I win I put the £100 bounty down to a shortstack, and put myself in good shape to win the whole thing, Alun calls and turns over 99, and i miss completely. Could have folded and probably moved up another 2 or 3 places with the stack I had left, but was willing to gamble to try and take it down. Nevermind, my brother who lives at Isle of Dogs had just walked in, so we go out on the town and I get home about half an hour ago :loon

Re: Poker Player Grandprix 7

Finished 9th for $400 was 2nd in chips behind Alun, we were both pretty well ahead of everyone else, when I raised to 11,000 with AJ, action folded around to Alun who raised to 22,000 i have around 25,000 in front of me (+ 11k in middle), and as Alun had been raising with a lot of hands, bullying pretty much everyone, I push the rest in knowing if I lose I get $400 (which I am happy with), but if I win I put the £100 bounty down to a shortstack, and put myself in good shape to win the whole thing, Alun calls and turns over 99, and i miss completely. Could have folded and probably moved up another 2 or 3 places with the stack I had left, but was willing to gamble to try and take it down. Nevermind, my brother who lives at Isle of Dogs had just walked in, so we go out on the town and I get home about half an hour ago :loon
:clap:clap I would've done same, wp Glen :clap:clap

Re: Poker Player Grandprix 7 :cheers Nice one Glenn!

Finished 9th for $400 was 2nd in chips behind Alun, we were both pretty well ahead of everyone else, when I raised to 11,000 with AJ, action folded around to Alun who raised to 22,000 i have around 25,000 in front of me (+ 11k in middle), and as Alun had been raising with a lot of hands, bullying pretty much everyone, I push the rest in knowing if I lose I get $400 (which I am happy with), but if I win I put the £100 bounty down to a shortstack, and put myself in good shape to win the whole thing, Alun calls and turns over 99, and i miss completely. Could have folded and probably moved up another 2 or 3 places with the stack I had left, but was willing to gamble to try and take it down. Nevermind, my brother who lives at Isle of Dogs had just walked in, so we go out on the town and I get home about half an hour ago :loon

:cheers Nice one Glenn!
It was a hell of a brave move with how many short stacks there were on the table and I was the only one who could knock you out. Fair play to you for going for it and I don't think you did anything wrong in that hand. I ran insanely good to win it I have to admit. And it's an easy game when you have a lot of chips. The game was played in a brilliant spirit though and there was great banter all day. Ironically the guy who finished second just sat back and let everyone else knock each other out. Lesson there I guess!

Not much to add to my early exit. Thank you Alun and the brigade for well organized event. Nice seeing few PL guys and meeting Jolly at last. I hope, he got safely back to Glasgow :ok.
I did indeed :ok Good to meet some folk i've been playing against for years:clap.Thanks Poker Player /BWin for a very enjoyable day,and well done Alun for the "win":spank

I did indeed :ok Good to meet some folk i've been playing against for years:clap.Thanks Poker Player /BWin for a very enjoyable day,and well done Alun for the "win":spank
Were you the guy at my starting table? Or the guy I gave a horrendous bad beat to on the final table?

It was a hell of a brave move with how many short stacks there were on the table and I was the only one who could knock you out. Fair play to you for going for it and I don't think you did anything wrong in that hand. I ran insanely good to win it I have to admit. And it's an easy game when you have a lot of chips. The game was played in a brilliant spirit though and there was great banter all day. Ironically the guy who finished second just sat back and let everyone else knock each other out. Lesson there I guess!
Nice win Alun, there was no doubt about you winning after my generous donation :lol had a cracking time playing the game and out getting shitfaced afterwards, ended up in Brick Lane havin' a 'ruby' :beer looking forward to trying to qualify for Grand Prix 8 already :ok