** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Irish Leagues & Cups - September

Re: Irish Leagues - June/July

Are Shelbourne having any financial troubles currently? Will they be able to promote when they win the division?
I'm not 100% sure,but I don't think Shelbourne have any serious financial issues.They were in trouble in the past but I don't think there is any financial reason why they can't be promoted to the premier division next season....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHELBOURNE -1AH..@ 1.5.....Paddy P.....stakes 3/10.....Shels are top and have 8 wins from their 8 away games scoring 15 and conceding a meagre 2 on the road.Harps at home are 2--3-3 scoring 7 and letting in 9.The price probably reflects these stats but there are some injury and suspension problems on the home front. Harps have 3 injured,Paddy McLoughlin(13 apps),Packie Mailey(14 apps) and Marc Brolly(13 apps,2 goals).On top of this their top scorer and captain,Kevin McHugh(16 apps,9 goals) is suspended.If you take his goals out of their home matches then it would read 0-1-7 scored 1 conceded 9.That draw was a 0-0 against bottom team Salthill Devon. Shels only narrowly lost out 2-1 to Sligo rovers in the league cup and we all know what Sligo did to Galway united last night. At the end of the day goals win matches and Shels with Philly Hughes(10),Conan Byrne(8) and David Cassidy(8) have plenty of firepower.Put this together with Harps missing 11 of their 14 goals and the leaders conceding only 2 away in 8 games and you've got a recipe for an away win........
3-0,bet won...........Hughes,cassidy and byrne

Re: Irish Leagues - June/July FINN HARPS DNB @ evens with the jolly green giant.....stakes 2/10.....I opposed harps last week as they had a few injuries and were missing their top striker against the top club Shels.This week I'm going to side with the Donegal team to at least not lose. Their away form is abysmal with 8 losses out of 9 scoring 7 and conceding 15.Wexford's home form is worse losing all 9 of their home clashes netting 9 times and letting in 21.Harps are still missing 3 players through injury and will again have to reshuffle their backline but they have signed 3 players on loan from Sligo rovers and they will be available for selection.I'm not sure how good they are but they have their captain and top striker,McHugh(9 goals) back. Also there is a possibility that Mark Brolly and James Doherty will return for this one. Youth's in their pink jerseys will be without Danny Furlong(7 goals) and Grincell(1 goal) is doubtful. This will probably be a tight affair but Harps with McHugh back and rested and Youths missing their top man hopefully can shade it.........

Re: Irish Leagues - June/July Wexford Youths-Finn Harps 1 2.69 pinnaclesports Every series comes to end one day and IMO today is the day when Youths will take first 3 points at home pitch... There was everything said already about injuries and squad situation. Team from sunny south-east wasnt playing that bad lately...They have won away with arch-rivals Waterford 1-0 last friday. Earlier in the season home team was able to humililate one of the top 3 of premier division- Derry City, was beaten 4-1 at Ferrycarig Park (!!!). Finn Harps are playing one of the most boring football in the division.Am sure that tonight match will be very tight and ugly,but fingers crossed, that one goal more will be scored by lads from Wexford. Go Youths!!!!:cow

Re: Irish Leagues - June/July Good call lucko :ok Can't see any other result than comfortable Sligo win tonight. They look to be in great form winning last four matches to nil and only conceding once in last ten and it was away at 2:1 defeat against todays opponent. St.Patricks advanced in the next qual. round of EL after beating Karagandy two days ago and they are now in the 3rd round that is to be played Thursday so not much time for them to prepare. I doubt Patricks fitness and dont think thay'll give their maximum tonight, even so Sligo should have too much for them atm. Sligo @ 1,65 (4/5) Sligo -1 eh @ 2,90 (2/5) local book

• 1 month later...

Re: Irish Leagues - June/July All quiet in here lately!! One bet for Saturday: St Pats V Galway - time of first goal before 27th min Pats need to pick up the 3 points that everyone else does. They are still in with an outside chance at the top of the table. Galway are, well Galway. They are awful. True they had a "moral boosting" 2-3 defeat in their last game at home to high flying Shamrock Rovers. However this result was not as good as it reads: - It came between Rovers 2 historic games against Partizan Belgrade, and they were distracted by this. This is further evidenced by their 2-2 draw in the cup with UCD on Monday night, 4 days after that 2nd leg - The Galway keeper pulled off a number of point blank saves, and Rovers also hit the woodwork (twice iirc). From reports Rovers should easily of had 5 or 6. But I think this result may help this bet, in that Galway will feel that they can score, and so may open up a bit more. The times of the first goal in Galways last 15 games is as follows: 17, 12, 11, 20, 5, 2, 11, 20, 6, 16, 44, 7, 23, 16, 14 So this would of coped in 14 of those 15 matches. Paddy Power have the line set at the 19th min, and so I think there is definite value in the 27th min by VC (albeit at a slightly shorter price). I missed the 1.72 on over 2.5 St Pats goals with Bet365 earlier in the week. I would of had a max bet on this I think. This was hammered into 1.5. So my bet is: 3pts Time of first goal before 27th min @1.75 - Victor Chandler :hope

Re: Irish Leagues - June/July Monaghan to beat Finn harps 5/6 paddy power Monaghan are 3rd in the league and play 3rd bottom here they've only lost once in there last 5 and have a great away record winning 7 drawing 2 and only loosing 1 harps dont have the best home record winning 3 drawing 3 and loosing 5 a win could take Monaghan 2nd top :hope

All quiet in here lately!! One bet for Saturday: St Pats V Galway - time of first goal before 27th min Pats need to pick up the 3 points that everyone else does. They are still in with an outside chance at the top of the table. Galway are, well Galway. They are awful. True they had a "moral boosting" 2-3 defeat in their last game at home to high flying Shamrock Rovers. However this result was not as good as it reads: - It came between Rovers 2 historic games against Partizan Belgrade, and they were distracted by this. This is further evidenced by their 2-2 draw in the cup with UCD on Monday night, 4 days after that 2nd leg - The Galway keeper pulled off a number of point blank saves, and Rovers also hit the woodwork (twice iirc). From reports Rovers should easily of had 5 or 6. But I think this result may help this bet, in that Galway will feel that they can score, and so may open up a bit more. The times of the first goal in Galways last 15 games is as follows: 17, 12, 11, 20, 5, 2, 11, 20, 6, 16, 44, 7, 23, 16, 14 So this would of coped in 14 of those 15 matches. Paddy Power have the line set at the 19th min, and so I think there is definite value in the 27th min by VC (albeit at a slightly shorter price). I missed the 1.72 on over 2.5 St Pats goals with Bet365 earlier in the week. I would of had a max bet on this I think. This was hammered into 1.5. So my bet is: 3pts Time of first goal before 27th min @1.75 - Victor Chandler :hope
2Mins Bet Won

Monaghan to beat Finn harps 5/6 paddy power Monaghan are 3rd in the league and play 3rd bottom here they've only lost once in there last 5 and have a great away record winning 7 drawing 2 and only loosing 1 harps dont have the best home record winning 3 drawing 3 and loosing 5 a win could take Monaghan 2nd top :hope
What's up with this match then? Put a small bet down on Monaghan and when I try to access the page with the match details on betfair is says the page doesn't exist or something like that.

Re: Irish Leagues - September An early one for the weekend. Derry City host UCD, and are a best price 1.2 to win the game. Derry are unbeaten in 14, with 8 wins and 4 draws. They have only conceded 6 goals in this run, and have 9 clean sheets. They played the other 3 top teams in the league home and away in this run, and kept clean sheets against each at home. Away from home, they conceded just once against each of them, drawing 1-1 every time. At home this season, they have only shipped 3 times in 13 games, with an impressive 10 clean sheets. This includes they aforementioned shut-outs against their main rivals at the top of the table. They are on a run of 6 clean sheets in a row at the Brandywell. UCD are poor. They are coming off a 6-0 drubbing by Shamrock Rovers on Monday night in the cup. Being reduced to 10 men when still 2-0 obviously didn't help their cause, and in fairness they did manage to net 5 times in a crazy 5-4 win at home to Drogheda in their last league game. However in their last 10 aways, they have lost 8, with just a 4-3 win at Galway, and a 2-2 draw with an Europa League distracted St Pats to show for their efforts. Both teams to score "no" is 1.73, while a home clean sheet is a best price 1.8 with Bet365 (generally 1.6-1.7). However Sportingbet go 2.05 on under 0.5 away goals. I think there is definite value with this price, however I will wait for team news as Derry seem to be on the drift with the bookies.

Re: Irish Leagues - September

An early one for the weekend. Derry City host UCD, and are a best price 1.2 to win the game. Derry are unbeaten in 14, with 8 wins and 4 draws. They have only conceded 6 goals in this run, and have 9 clean sheets. They played the other 3 top teams in the league home and away in this run, and kept clean sheets against each at home. Away from home, they conceded just once against each of them, drawing 1-1 every time. At home this season, they have only shipped 3 times in 13 games, with an impressive 10 clean sheets. This includes they aforementioned shut-outs against their main rivals at the top of the table. They are on a run of 6 clean sheets in a row at the Brandywell. UCD are poor. They are coming off a 6-0 drubbing by Shamrock Rovers on Monday night in the cup. Being reduced to 10 men when still 2-0 obviously didn't help their cause, and in fairness they did manage to net 5 times in a crazy 5-4 win at home to Drogheda in their last league game. However in their last 10 aways, they have lost 8, with just a 4-3 win at Galway, and a 2-2 draw with an Europa League distracted St Pats to show for their efforts. Both teams to score "no" is 1.73, while a home clean sheet is a best price 1.8 with Bet365 (generally 1.6-1.7). However Sportingbet go 2.05 on under 0.5 away goals. I think there is definite value with this price, however I will wait for team news as Derry seem to be on the drift with the bookies.
So team news is out. From extratime.ie : Title chasers Derry City will be looking to extend their unbeaten run to 15 league games when they face a U.C.D outfit who will be missing five players through injury and suspension at the Brandywell on Friday night. Derry have only conceded three goals at the Brandywell all season in the league and are the country’s top scoring side so they will feel confident that three points is well within their capabilities. The only injury worry Stephen Kenny has is Gareth McGlynn although he is expected to make the match against Drogheda on Monday. Patrick McEleney and Stephen McLaughlin have been in particularly good form of late and Eamon Zayed will be looking to get back amongst the goals having not scored in his last four games. Stephen Kenny was a little concerned that some players may have their eye on the Shamrock Rovers/Sligo game and said “It is irrelevant to us what happens in Dublin. I can understand people's interest in that game, but UCD have shown that if you’re off your game they can punish you so we have to remain focused. Our ambition is to get another victory and to do that we must be decisive and show our hunger.” Martin Russell on the other hand doesn’t have his sorrows to seek with Danny Ledwith (ill), Sean Harding (groin), Michael Leahy (suspended), Ciaran Nangle (shin) and Cillian Morrison (hip flexor) all expected to be unavailable for the game. They have also conceded ten goals in their last two games and the manager admitted they would be the underdogs. “We’ve been on the end of one or two heavy defeats this year, including one at the Brandywell earlier this season and responded well so we will look for that again this Friday. Derry have impressed everyone this season with how they have adapted to the premier division. They have good players and a good blend of youth and experience so it hasn’t surprised me how well they have done. However we certainly will not be coming up to Derry to lie down.” With so much at stake coming into the last eight games of the season, it’s difficult to envision anything other than a comprehensive home win here. Derry City Injured: Gareth McGlynn (ankle). Doubtful: None. Suspended: None. UCD Injured: Danny Ledwith (Ill), Sean Harding (groin), Ciaran Nangle (shin), Cillian Morrison (hip flexor). Doubtful: None. Suspended: Michael Leahy. Derry play again on Monday night against Drogheda, and they will look to do a professional job here. UCD miss 4 key players, and I see an easy Derry win here. 3pts Derry -1.75AH @1.76 (Ladbrokes) 1.5pts Derry over 2.5gls @1.91 (Sportingbet) 1.5pts UCD under 0.5gls @2.05 (Sportingbet) 1pts Derry o3.5gls @3.6 (Sportingbet) Good luck

Re: Irish Leagues - September

So team news is out. From extratime.ie : Title chasers Derry City will be looking to extend their unbeaten run to 15 league games when they face a U.C.D outfit who will be missing five players through injury and suspension at the Brandywell on Friday night. Derry have only conceded three goals at the Brandywell all season in the league and are the country’s top scoring side so they will feel confident that three points is well within their capabilities. The only injury worry Stephen Kenny has is Gareth McGlynn although he is expected to make the match against Drogheda on Monday. Patrick McEleney and Stephen McLaughlin have been in particularly good form of late and Eamon Zayed will be looking to get back amongst the goals having not scored in his last four games. Stephen Kenny was a little concerned that some players may have their eye on the Shamrock Rovers/Sligo game and said “It is irrelevant to us what happens in Dublin. I can understand people's interest in that game, but UCD have shown that if you’re off your game they can punish you so we have to remain focused. Our ambition is to get another victory and to do that we must be decisive and show our hunger.” Martin Russell on the other hand doesn’t have his sorrows to seek with Danny Ledwith (ill), Sean Harding (groin), Michael Leahy (suspended), Ciaran Nangle (shin) and Cillian Morrison (hip flexor) all expected to be unavailable for the game. They have also conceded ten goals in their last two games and the manager admitted they would be the underdogs. “We’ve been on the end of one or two heavy defeats this year, including one at the Brandywell earlier this season and responded well so we will look for that again this Friday. Derry have impressed everyone this season with how they have adapted to the premier division. They have good players and a good blend of youth and experience so it hasn’t surprised me how well they have done. However we certainly will not be coming up to Derry to lie down.” With so much at stake coming into the last eight games of the season, it’s difficult to envision anything other than a comprehensive home win here. Derry City Injured: Gareth McGlynn (ankle). Doubtful: None. Suspended: None. UCD Injured: Danny Ledwith (Ill), Sean Harding (groin), Ciaran Nangle (shin), Cillian Morrison (hip flexor). Doubtful: None. Suspended: Michael Leahy. Derry play again on Monday night against Drogheda, and they will look to do a professional job here. UCD miss 4 key players, and I see an easy Derry win here. 3pts Derry -1.75AH @1.76 (Ladbrokes) 1.5pts Derry over 2.5gls @1.91 (Sportingbet) 1.5pts UCD under 0.5gls @2.05 (Sportingbet) 1pts Derry o3.5gls @3.6 (Sportingbet) Good luck
FT 2-1 :( A poor display by Derry, who went behind to an early goal. Without playing anywhere near their best, Derry proceded to turn it around in the 2nd half, scoring twice. They also hit the woodwork 3 times, and missing 6-7 great chances in the 90 mins. One of those nights I'm afraid. Sorry to anyone that followed. :$

Re: Irish Leagues - September Another round of fixtures in the Premier League tonight. A few very short price favourites, but just a word of warning. It's very storming in Ireland today, particularly in the North. Gusts of 70-110km forecast. Both Sligo and Derry are at home, and so conditions could be very difficult. St Patricks V Shamrock Rovers is the big game, and Shams have defence issues having had Pat Flynn and Pat Sullivan sent off in their defeat to Sligo on Friday. This game is only round the corner to me, so may go along so can determine whether the conditions may influence the game before having a bet. Bohs play Dundalk in a prep for their cup QF meeting this coming weekend. Dundalk somehow managed to not beat Galway last Friday, drawing 2-2. They should have won, but based on reports didn't look that bothered. I think they will be focusing on the cup from here on in. In addition, they have a long injury list, and potentially have only 10 fit players tonight. I think with the cup game upcoming, it's unlikely they will risk anyone that is not 100% fit. Bohs going well, with 7 wins from last 10 games (lost to Derry & Sham Rovers and drew away to St Pats in other 3). Not certain that they won't have an eye on the cup game as well though. Team news will be interesting, and will also keep an eye on the weather.

Re: Irish Leagues - September Tonight's matches are well summed up by Kiddo.The team news I'm interested in is whether or not Gary Twigg plays for rovers tonight.He's supposed to be a doubt and with Thursdays game against Rubin Kazan not a million miles away he may not be risked.I'll await this and if he doesn't play I might be tempted to play Pat's dnb.They've only lost once at home and rovers have a few defensive problems.......

Re: Irish Leagues - September Strong Bohs team, Dundalk fairly strong as well considering their injury list. But 3 18yr olds in the defence. Wind seems to be easing here, but think I will wait and see how it is going in play. Shams make 7 changes from Friday, Twigg starts though. Hmmm. Only found out that this game is on tv, so €15 saved :D

IRELAND: FAI Cup 19.08

Sport Football (Rep.Ireland)
Event Sligo - Shamrock
Selection Sligo -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 19/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning This is national cup quarter final match it will be replayed if finished draw, but I think no one of the teams will want replaying because they are fighting for the title at Ireland Premier League where top three teams are in two points difference. Shamrock played against Russian Rubin Kazan on Thursday they falled 0-3 at home they sure will be exausted today, even more they are two points behind leader in local league but with game in hand so their coach said that he will use many reserve players today to keep fresh titular for next premier league game. Sligo defeated Shamrock 1-2 two weeks ago on the road, few months earlier they won 2-0 against Shamrock at home I think they will be motivated today to win against with good result.

Re: IRELAND: FAI Cup 19.08 Lol beat me to it, but I did a write up on this game and hope it's of some interest. Be gentle, first proper write up in about 4 years. Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers FAI Cup Quarter Final 8pm A repeat of last year's final - Sligo eventually winning that occasion on penalties. Second and third in the League of Ireland, they both trail Derry City by 1 point. Tonight will be the seventh meeting of the season between the sides and although Shamrock Rovers won the first 4 encounters of the year, Sligo won the last 2, including a dramatic late comeback win in Dublin 10 days ago. Fatigue and squad selection will play a big part in tonight's game, Shamrock R could be forgiven for being distracted by their Europa League outings and tonight will be their 6th game in 16 days while it will be Sligo's 4th in the same period. Shamrock R do have a strong squad and are likely to rotate a little with their packed schedule. Pat Flynn, Dean Kelly, Karl Moore and Ken Oman and are all out. Top scorer Gary Twigg is a doubt as is midfielder Ronan Finn. Sligo are without suspended defender Danny Ventre but are otherwise at full strength. Verdict: I should have picked an easier game for a first write up :) but a lot will depend on Shamrock Rovers selection. A replay would be a disaster in their already packed schedule and a packed Showgrounds might just swing it in favour of Sligo.

Re: Irish Leagues - September Hello everyone, oh I'm here again after a long time, precisely six months. :p Sligo Rovers vs Shamrock Rovers Quarter-final clash of the Rovers is replay of last year's final (Sligo won after penalties). We have seen only five goals in three mutual match these two teams at the Showgrounds in 2011. Otherwise, both teams are among the most inefficient teams in the league this season. Rivals have equal number of points in the league, but the Hoops have a game less. On the other hand, Sligo is a more rested team cause they didn't played during the week (when Shamrock had historic match against Rubin). D. Ventre (suspended) is only absentee for home team which will have support from the stands (about 3000 fans). Shams have out D. Kelly & K. Oman (both injuried), K. Moore (cup-tied) and P. Flynn (suspended). But G. Twigg & R. Finn are doubtful and if they aren't involved, game will be very difficult for away team. Could anyone of Irish friends confirm the status of these two important players in tonight's match? ;) So far, we take two bets... ht X @2,00 3/10 under 2,5 @1.65 5/10