Toulon Tournament 2011

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011

Anyone got any reads on the second match between Azzurri and Portugal? I didn't see any of Portugal and Italy were a little underwhelming against a poor IC.
Portugal were poor against Colombia, and I think Italy are good value at 2.4 for this game - should be shorter in my opinion.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 FT: Italy U20 1 Portugal U20 1 I saw some of the game, and from what I saw Italy looked the more assured and balanced side.and were perhaps a bit unlucky not to win. According to the TV commentators, Italy dominated the first half, then Portugal brought on subs at deservedly equalised in the second half.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 Really not sure about that Hungary-Mexico match. I was impressed with Mexico at times against France and think they will create chances. Hungary looked pretty solid but China were poor in my opinion often just running around. Think the big guy up front for Hungary could ruffle some feathers against a clearly susceptible D. Hard to say really because Hungary played a weak China while Mexico played a strong France. I think both can score in this match. I'll probably just watch and see in-play. France on some sort of 'cap is an obvious choice. China were utter shite I thought and France looked pacey and quite powerful against Mexico. May even be tempted at a -1.5 line but can't see any yet.

Really not sure about that Hungary-Mexico match. I was impressed with Mexico at times against France and think they will create chances. Hungary looked pretty solid but China were poor in my opinion often just running around. Think the big guy up front for Hungary could ruffle some feathers against a clearly susceptible D. Hard to say really because Hungary played a weak China while Mexico played a strong France. I think both can score in this match. I'll probably just watch and see in-play. France on some sort of 'cap is an obvious choice. China were utter shite I thought and France looked pacey and quite powerful against Mexico. May even be tempted at a -1.5 line but can't see any yet.
Agreed uv. Hungary v Mexico could go either way I think, but France v China looks like a very comfortable win for France against a limited defensive China.

Hard to say really because Hungary played a weak China while Mexico played a strong France. I think both can score in this match. I'll probably just watch and see in-play.
That's why I favor Mexico here; they have proven more than Hungary' date= even though they lost the game vs France. Mexico @2.5 (bait365).
France on some sort of 'cap is an obvious choice. China were utter shite I thought and France looked pacey and quite powerful against Mexico. May even be tempted at a -1.5 line but can't see any yet.
I think bookies want to keep their money :)

I've gone with over 2.5 in the first match. Mexico's backline is open for wingers to exploit and Hungary's isn't much better. 4/5 3pts.
I'm on too. All of Mexico's last 6 games have been overs, most of them over 3.5.

That's why I favor Mexico here; they have proven more than Hungary' date=' even though they lost the game vs France. [b']Mexico @2.5 (bet365)
Result: Hungary U20 0 Mexico U20 2 I saw some of the first half and the goal highlights. From what I saw, Mexico deserved to win.

Re. France Youth v China Youth Money is going on France and their odds have dropped from 1/4 to 1/6. Best handicap is currently France -2.5 AH @ 1.78 on Betfair. Bwin have Both Teams To Score NO @ 5/6. All good value I think
Result: France Youth 4 China Youth 0 I saw most of this game. France deserved the 4-0 while being nowhere need as impressive as against Mexico - did they find it harder against China than against Mexico because the Chinese were more defensive? China tried hard and had one good chance which their striker failed to capitalise on.

Sunday 5 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Colombia U21 v Italy U21 (17:30 BST) 2.9 3.3 2.32 107.89 %
maximize.gif Côte d'Ivoire U21 v Portugal U21 (17:30 BST) 7 4.2 1.41 109.02 %
These two games are played simultaneously and will decide which two of Colombia, Italy and Portugal qualify for the semi finals. Colombia and Italy are in first and second place in Group A. Colombia will definitely qualify if they draw or win. Italy will definitely qualify if they win. Portugal will qualify if they beat Ivory Coast and Colombia don't draw with Italy. If Colombia do draw with Italy, as I see it Portugal have to win by 2 or perhaps 3 goals - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Toulon_Tournament Can Portugal beat Ivory Coast by 3 goals? It seems unlikely, even against a poor Ivory Coast side. Can Ivory Coast raise their game for their final match, or, having disappointed so far, will they be dispirited and easy meat for Portugal? Is a draw between Colombia and Italy likely as it could be a convenient route for them both to qualify if Portugal are struggling against Ivory Coast? It is possible that events in the Colombia v Italy game could be dictated by what is happening in the other game - it will interesting to follow these two games in-play this evening ...

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 Another day where I will be having to watch the games before striking on anything. Colombia-Italy should be a really close game and I think Italy may be a little slim. I do think they are the better overall team but I'm not sure that the 4-4-2 is best for them. They look good defensively and I along with Morrone in midfield I can see them giving Colombia a hard time in that area. Attacking wise I don't think they are fine tuned yet. Saponaro is not good enough at RM and Fabbrini is clearly not built for LM - though he does drift in a lot. Rossi looks decent in CM but he is a winger naturally. Borini looks exciting with his energy. He also has a great shot and a quick mind. Gabbiadini also looks a decent finisher so you can't really arue with him playing again. Assuming they play 4-4-2 again I think they'll look like this: Viotti Santon, Caldirola, Mori (Capuano), Crescenzi Saponaro, Morrone, Rossi, Fabbrini Borini, Gabbiadini. Overall I think Italy are the better overall side but Colombia have a good attack. Against Italy's D and midfield they will not have anything near the good time they had against IC. I think Italy should have beaten Portugal on balance. Tough game. A draw leaves Italy vulnerable to a big Portugal win against IC so I think they'll have to show some impetus. I fancy them, but I'm not overly keen on that price. Regarding IC-Portugal there is not much we can say. IC are weak but I do think they are improving. Even though they got trashed by Colombia at times they showed improvement. I'd expect them to improve a little more for this game. I don't think it will be enough to gain a result but they may be able to avoid another humiliation. Surely Portugal has to play Balde. IC's D can be very nervy and shambolic so a big presence up front will certainly cause problems. I'm not too keen on this Portugal team really but they should come through. They need a big win but I'm not sure they can trash IC here. In short, the bet I'm most tempted by is Italy -0.25 (1.975) but I'll probably just watch and see. Portugal -1.5 looks feasible too. Any thoughts?

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 I agree with everything you said above UV. Nelson on his own doesn't work up top for Portugal and unless a change is made I won't be taking them on, he's not deadly enough for me. I'll wait until I see the line-ups before placing any money into play. I like the work rate of Cedric Soares but they need a striker if they are to cover that handicap and Balde is probably the answer with Nelson out wide where he can hurt teams.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 Colombia Youth v Italy Youth - Italy AH (-0.25) @ 2.17 - Betfair 2pts I do have a little fascination with Colombia but I can't ignore the talents of Italy here. I didn't see the game but apparently Gabbiadini caught a few of the scouts eye against Portugal, and has netted twice already in the tournament. They have both recorded similar results but Italy seem better defensively from what I hear. I would imagine Borini will start alongside Gabbiadini which could be the key to winning this game if both are given enough space for them to do their stuff. If Italy can keep tabs on Rodriguez and Cardona of Colombia, arguably their two best players, then I think they can edge this affair. Either way this game should be of a high standard and wouldn't rule out Colombia who like to start at a frantic pace from the get-go.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 What I was hoping for is happening. Colombia have come in a bit. Italy did look a bit short and they now approach a more backable price. Agree with SS above - nice to have half draw cover. Not sure if Ferrara will make the changes I'd like but I still see Italy as the more stable side. I'll only back Portugal if Balde is playing. I presume he will be.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 Yeah the ref is an absolute idiot. Ferrara has played a part in this though because there is a distinct lack of attacking quality in terms of creativity due to his selection. Some good substitutes and I'll consider backing Italy on an in-play handicap. EDIT - for fcuk sake Italy are making dumb errors. II - Saponaro is fast becoming one of my most hated players, and I have only see him play three times.

Colombia Youth v Italy Youth - Italy AH (-0.25) @ 2.17 - Betfair 2pts I do have a little fascination with Colombia but I can't ignore the talents of Italy here. I didn't see the game but apparently Gabbiadini caught a few of the scouts eye against Portugal, and has netted twice already in the tournament. They have both recorded similar results but Italy seem better defensively from what I hear. I would imagine Borini will start alongside Gabbiadini which could be the key to winning this game if both are given enough space for them to do their stuff. If Italy can keep tabs on Rodriguez and Cardona of Colombia, arguably their two best players, then I think they can edge this affair. Either way this game should be of a high standard and wouldn't rule out Colombia who like to start at a frantic pace from the get-go.
1-1. Half stake back. This was set-up to be a decent game until the ref got involved. I counted about six yellows and a red. Seriously? I think both were happy with a draw and Italy deserved it considering.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 Ridiculous game. The ref had an absolute nightmare. Not impressed by either side in that match. Ferrara was the architect of Italy's performance. He has now played 3 different sets of CB's when the only players he should drop are Viotti, Saponara and one of Destro/Paloschi. Zero creativity as Borini needs to be in the final third to do damage. Infuriating to watch all those fouls given. Colombia were poor as well. A wonder strike that probably should have been saved gave them their goal and apart from once or twice they rarely threatened against 10 men. I'd fancy France to beat Italy and Colombia to probably beat the second place team in the other group. Annoying all around to be honest.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 I only saw the last 20 minutes, but seemingly a draw was a fair result, and both sides were certainly settling for the draw towards the end, in the sure knowledge that, with Portugal only beating Ivory Coast by 1-0, they would both qualify. There is some justice in that because Portugal have been poorer than them both. It would be a big surprise if France don't beat Italy in the semi-final and win the tournament.

Re: Toulon Tournament 2011 Yeah they are clear faves in my eyes. I don't want to seem like I have rose-tinted glasses on but this Italy squad could be a good team. Clear mismanagement in my eyes from Ferrara. Perhaps they wouldn't beat France anyway, but they'd be going through first and then have a great shot at being in the final. There is no reason to expect Ferrara to suddenly change formation and play the team I would like though. This clown can't even manage an U21 team for christ's sake. Italy didn't even look that solid D-wise today so France should be licking their lips. 1.4 seems a bit short though. You'd be better backing them to beat Italy and then roll the winnings onto the final match.