EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June

I was thinking of going for a bet like this but there are a few things that are putting me off. Did Estonia not just beat a full strenght Uruguay 2-0 in a freindly a few months back? Also, Estonia beat Serbia 3-1 in Belgrade which is an outstanding performance. These factors would actually make me lean towards backing Estonia.
Estonia are a much better side than they were in the past, contrary to what our friend above says :) They're good nowadays; they can frustrate most sides and score goals with talented Saag up front. You'd never have thought they'd be able to replace Viikmae or Oper effectively but they have. Even Zenjov serves his purpose in attack. However, I'm all over laying Estonia here. They're too short to win the game, as much as I rate them. They're playing on artificial turf in Toftir, which is never easy. They miss Klavan on the left and the vast majority of their midfield - Vunk, Dmitrijev, Purje, Lindpere - so I don't see them doing much here as almost all of their creativity is gone. How will that be replaced - Puri? Mosnikov? I doubt it - they're not ready. There's only Vassiljev that can make something happen. Defensively, Estonia look solid here but I'm not sure they'll win. The Faroes surprised Slovenia by attacking a lot last match and I personally feel they were unlucky to lose. They brought themselves down by scoring an own goal from a corner and failing to clear a free-kick adequately, allowing Matavz to do what he does best. Slovenia barely created anything else whereas the Faroese did but failed to capitalise with Holst being guilty of missing one of their best chances. The Faroese do have some decent players in there and I think an under-strength Estonia side could be exploited here. The last time these two sides met, it was 2-1 to Estonia having trailed for the whole game only to score twice at the end through Saag. I think the Faroese can upset them again today, especially with virtually all of Estonia's midfield out. Good luck, guys

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Anybody have any thoughts on this? Azerbaijan AH + 4.5 @ 1.19 (Bet365) Germany CS 5-0 @ 12.00 (Victor) Basically, with the right stakes, providing Germany don't win 6-1, 7-2 or any other score with a five goal deficit, a profit is locked in. Same could probably be done with San Marino.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Azerbaijan AH + 4.5 @ 1.19 (Bet365) Germany CS 5-0 @ 12.00 (Victor) Basically, with the right stakes, providing Germany don't win 6-1, 7-2 or any other score with a five goal deficit, a profit is locked in. Same could probably be done with San Marino.
I'm tempted to place a AH bet on Azerbaijan, but am not too convinced. I don't expect Germany to score 4-5 goals, however, Germany is well known for scoring goals for fun and if they score early and are on their day they could put lots of goals past Azerbaijan. Last time these two met Germany won 6-1.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Sweden - Finland Finland will play with a very defensive form and try to defend the draw. They only managed to score 1 goal against San Marino, so I can't see them scoring against Sweden. Also no Ibrahimovic for Sweden. Under 2.5 goals @ Betfair 2,04 2-0 @ Betfair 6,50

I'm tempted to place a AH bet on Azerbaijan, but am not too convinced. I don't expect Germany to score 4-5 goals, however, Germany is well known for scoring goals for fun and if they score early and are on their day they could put lots of goals past Azerbaijan. Last time these two met Germany won 6-1.
Many teams scored 6 or more goals against us when we played away, for instance Poland and Portugal.

Many teams scored 6 or more goals against us when we played away' date=' for instance Poland and Portugal.[/quote'] That is true, you are a lot stronger at home. Never doubted that. Like I said I'm tempted to place a bet but just a bit hesitant for obvious reasons, but the value is worth a shot no doubt. I think I'll end up going for: Azerbaiyan +3.5 and Finland +2.5 @ 1.83

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June I don’t know if the information below is relevant to today’s game and it’s up to you to decide. Azerbaijan football is celebrating 100 years and yesterday our President laid the foundation of the new 65,000 Olympic Stadium in Baku. Platini and Blatter were also present and most likely will attend today’s game so I just don’t see us getting humiliated today in front of the home crowd and maybe the President himself including FIFA and UEFA Presidents.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Mozzi - thanks for infos, I will take them as commentaries for my tip on another site where I tipped he game, hope you don't mind. I have seen the game Faroe - Slovenia, was impressed by the home side. They are weak, but let's be honest, Estonia is good on deffensive play, when attacking have big trouble. chuck1160 - Azerbaijan can lose with any team away, but in Baku can win against any team! Of course, can't win here, but 1.083 for an away win? com'on! What if Barbados would have played with Germany?

Mozzi - thanks for infos' date=' I will take them as commentaries for my tip on another site where I tipped he game, hope you don't mind. I have seen the game Faroe - Slovenia, was impressed by the home side. They are weak, but let's be honest, Estonia is good on deffensive play, when attacking have big trouble.[/quote'] .

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Azerbaijan - Germany under 2.5 @ 3.04 centrebet (agree with Mustafa here :cheers) Azerbaijan are coming off a 2-1 loss away to Kazakhstan where it was a pretty lacklustre game but both sides managed to score with a limited chances they had. Now they are at home where they have played one home game in these qualifiers, and they suprisingly beat Turkey 1-0. As for the Germans, they wee somwhat fortunate to score a late winner in their 2-1 win over Austria, but they did not play to their capabilities. Now they go to Azerbaijan which will more than likely be a much more difficult match than they anticipated as the Azerbaiji's will be looking to play it tight and not concede. Germany has won 1-0 at Beligum, 3-0 in Kazakhstan as well as the 2-1 in Austria in their 3 away games to date, so their defence is pretty solid and doubt that they will be troubled here, while their attack may have some problems in breaking down this defence if they play like they did on the weekend. Doubt that there will be many goals in this game. Belarus - Luxembourg under 2.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle Belarus did well to get a draw with France on the weekend, as they were understrength, but their defence held on well, and like them to be solid at the back once again, against a Luxembourg side that has scored just 1 goal in their qualifiers. Belarus have gone under in each of their 6 qualifiers, as they have managed to score just 4goals while conceding just 2 goals, and they did draw 0-0 away to Luxembourg. So while they defend well, scoring is a problem, and with Luxembourg only once conceding more than 3 goals (in the 3-1 loss away to Romania), like them to try and contain Belarus like they did at home last year. Like the look of a low scoring game here. Sweden -1.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle Sweden have been very good at home in these qualifiers, having beaten Hungary 2-0, San Marino 6-2 and Moldova 2-1. On the weekend, they were impressive in beating Moldova 4-1 on the road and like them to back up that effort with a win here as Finland look out of sorts. They scraped through with a 1-0 away win over San Marino on the weekend, and they look like they lack the quality that Sweden have, as they have lost their other two away qualifiers, 2-0 at Moldova and 2-1 in Holland. The Swedes will be looking to get a win here to go 3 points behind the Dutch and though they may not end up winning the group in the end, second spot is their's if they want it.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Sport Football (Internationals) Event San Marino - Hungary Selection Hungary(-2.5) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.65 Reasoning Hungary has a slim chance of getting the 2nd place. Back to back losses against Holland limited those chances, and right now they can only win all the matches, beat Sweden at home and hope that Finland and Holland snatches points from the Scandinavians. The star player of this team is Balazs Dzsudzsak and the strongest part of this team is definetly the midfield with players like Tamas Hajnal(Stuttgart), Koman(Sampdoria), Vadocz(Osasuna), Gera(Fulham). Gabor Kiraly is their ethernal keeper and Juhasz is their top defender. In attack, Sturm Graz striker Imre Szabics will be the target man. San Marino = amateurs. The only difference of them playing at home from their road trips is that they concede fewer goals. It's not because their home fans offer such a great support, but mainly because the visitng teams often lack their own fans support and have little motivation in humiliating a bunch of amateurs. Finland could only manage just a 1-0 win here a couple of days ago. But, like I said, Hungary has a very good midfield, they can create chances even against an overpacked defence. They got 3 goals in Holland, why couldn't they score 3 here? Sport Football (Internationals) Event Belarus - Luxembourg Selection Luxembourg(+2.5) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.52 Reasoning It's been a while since Luxembourg have been trashed. Last time it happened, it was against Wales 5-1 lost as visitors, 10 months ago. Since than they've managed nil draws with Belarus and Algeria and a win 2-1 with Slovakia. At the same time they've lost with France just 2-0 both home and away. And they've lost just 1-0 in Albania and 3-1 in Romania. These 2 teams also met in the Qualifiers for the World Cup. A big shock happened in Belarus as Luxembourg won 1-0, while in the reverse fixture Belarus only managed a 2-1 win. So you can see that the last 3 games between these 2 teams have been extremelly tight, 1-1-1. So it definetly seems like its worth taking this AH on Luxembourg since neither Romania or France could cover this handicap. Bosnia did, but Belarus doesn't have the same attacking strength and quite struggle to overcome tight defences.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June The world No 4 Germany travels to Baku, where the world No 108 Azerbaijan er host Germany needs a victory in the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan, to secure a place in next summer's European Championship finals. They will proplerly win, but the question is how big will their victory be? Azerbaijan is too many in the Western world, an unknown location in Asia. However, a small portion of the north, which stretches into Europe through the Caucasus mountains, which means that they are regular participants in the European qualifying rounds. Their geographical location has through the ages, proved to be to their advantage because the other teams have had to travel several hours and through different time zones. For the Germans they will have a time difference by 3 hours from Berlin to Baku. The German players are obviously top professionals but there is a big difference to travel south of the border to Austria and play under conditions simular to germany, than there is to travel as far east as possible to a former communist state, led by an authoritarian regime. Politics and sport do not go hand in hand but its history and present condition, can sometimes affect the game on the pitch. Azerbaijan has already benefited from these conditions when the larger teams have been visiting. A look at their previous match against top seeded teams in Baku, gives an impression that they rarely lose big and they even sometimes take 1 or all 3 points. 1-1Portugal (2000) 0-1Sverige (2002) 0-1Tyrkiet (2002) 0-2Italien (2004) 0-1England (2006) 0-2Portugal (2008) 2-0Tjekkiet (2009) 1-1Rusland (2009) 0-2Tyskland (2009) 1-0Tyrkiet (2010) Azerbaijan. The former Soviet state, has had a difficult first half of the qualifiers for the European Championship finals in Poland / Ukraine in 2012. They have their first 5 games just one single victory. It came however at home in the capital Baku, via a 1-0 victory and Turkey. To their defense, was it there only home game in this qualification os far. The leading man in Azerbaijan, is former German top player Berti Vogts. He knows more then anyone what they can expect from the German side and a better coach is unlikely to lead the small football nation to a respectable result against his countrymen. His stay in Azerbaijan has not exactly been a great success for Berti Vogts, who only led the nation with 5 wins on the 2 years he has been there. It has made him unpopular in the country but the president of the national federation, still support Vogts as coach. Azerbaijan plays material is entirely from the home, league. This makes my knowledge of them very limitet. The team is comprised primarily on young players in the mid 20s and only 2 are over 30 Germany. My neighbors south of the border, are as expected close to secure yet another finals participation. The only thing standing in their way now, is the worlds No 108 However, it appears not to be any problem for the Germans to take all 3 points but Joachim Löw & Co. knows the match in Baku wouldent be a walkover, as the reverse match in Germany, wich they won 6-1 in Cologne. Löw must struggle to ignore the established players like Tim Wiese, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sven Bender, Sami Khedira, Simon Rolfes, Christian Trasch, Miroslav Klose and Marco Reus. After their depature, there was room for U21 players Lewis Holtby and Sebastian Ruby in the squad. Germany travels to Baku with a relatively inexperienced squad, since only 5 players have played 25 matches or more

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June As I said this game won't be easy for Germans, and also would like to note one thing about our team. We are like bunnies in Duracell commercial, so most of the time we play good football in the first half. So will take a double result bet that there will be a draw at half time. Draw/Germany @ 4.80 William Hill

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June yeah, I always try X-favorite in some system (3/5 f.e.) in various qualies and it mostly finishes favorite-favorite or X-X :D or, in case of Turkey 1-2 2-1 :D it's less than 1 hour till Azeri-Germany, I'm really tempted to take BTS, but u're all on unders :(

yeah, I always try X-favorite in some system (3/5 f.e.) in various qualies and it mostly finishes favorite-favorite or X-X :D or, in case of Turkey 1-2 2-1 :D it's less than 1 hour till Azeri-Germany, I'm really tempted to take BTS, but u're all on unders :(
Both to score won in very small percentage of our home games and to be honest I can't see this happening. Just saw that Germany needs 4 points in their remaining games to secure qualification, so I guess they will take 3 today and the next 2 games will be against Turkey, so qualification will be secured then.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June then I won't take bts, I'll take u to score 1+ goal :D look

1. Manuel Neuer
16. Philipp Lahm
3. Arne Friedrich
5. Mats Hummels
2. Marcel Schmelzer
4. Dennis Aogo...
2. & 5. are from Dortmund that's true but, 1 little goal, for me?... :)

then I won't take bts, I'll take u to score 1+ goal :D look
1. Manuel Neuer
16. Philipp Lahm
3. Arne Friedrich
5. Mats Hummels
2. Marcel Schmelzer
4. Dennis Aogo...
2. & 5. are from Dortmund that's true but, 1 little goal, for me?... :)
I might be wrong but to score 1+ is means that we will score more than 1 goal :unsure

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Hungary to win to nil @ 1.33 (Bet365) Low odds but still a value pick. You have to consider that San Marino haven't scored for three years, and they have only scored in 5 out of their last 36 games (this goes back 5 years). The rest of the time the opposition has won to nil. So this bet would have won 86% of the time in the last five years, whilst the odds here suggest there is a 75% chance of it happening. I see no particular reason why Hungary would struggle to keep a clean sheet here. I am not an expert on their team; although their strengths appear to lie in their attack rather than their defence, the defence is experienced enough and includes one player who plies his trade in Serie A and another in La Liga. It is not a dead cert, as any team can score a goal, but this is a value pick IMO.

I might be wrong but to score 1+ is means that we will score more than 1 goal :unsure
no, it means 1 or more, odds basically the same as bts :) and I took it and hope in the spirit of Gurban Gurbanov :)

Hungary to win to nil @ 1.33 (Bet365) Low odds but still a value pick. You have to consider that San Marino haven't scored for three years, and they have only scored in 5 out of their last 36 games (this goes back 5 years). The rest of the time the opposition has won to nil. So this bet would have won 86% of the time in the last five years, whilst the odds here suggest there is a 75% chance of it happening. I see no particular reason why Hungary would struggle to keep a clean sheet here. I am not an expert on their team; although their strengths appear to lie in their attack rather than their defence, the defence is experienced enough and includes one player who plies his trade in Serie A and another in La Liga. It is not a dead cert, as any team can score a goal, but this is a value pick IMO.
Just saw after posting this that the odds have dropped to 1.3. They have been fluctuating a lot throughout the day, starting at 1.22, climbing to 1.33 then falling again. I would still take it at 1.3 but would leave it anything below that.

Sport Football (Internationals) Event San Marino - Hungary Selection Hungary(-2.5) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.65 Reasoning Hungary has a slim chance of getting the 2nd place. Back to back losses against Holland limited those chances, and right now they can only win all the matches, beat Sweden at home and hope that Finland and Holland snatches points from the Scandinavians. The star player of this team is Balazs Dzsudzsak and the strongest part of this team is definetly the midfield with players like Tamas Hajnal(Stuttgart), Koman(Sampdoria), Vadocz(Osasuna), Gera(Fulham). Gabor Kiraly is their ethernal keeper and Juhasz is their top defender. In attack, Sturm Graz striker Imre Szabics will be the target man. San Marino = amateurs. The only difference of them playing at home from their road trips is that they concede fewer goals. It's not because their home fans offer such a great support, but mainly because the visitng teams often lack their own fans support and have little motivation in humiliating a bunch of amateurs. Finland could only manage just a 1-0 win here a couple of days ago. But, like I said, Hungary has a very good midfield, they can create chances even against an overpacked defence. They got 3 goals in Holland, why couldn't they score 3 here? Sport Football (Internationals) Event Belarus - Luxembourg Selection Luxembourg(+2.5) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.52 Reasoning It's been a while since Luxembourg have been trashed. Last time it happened, it was against Wales 5-1 lost as visitors, 10 months ago. Since than they've managed nil draws with Belarus and Algeria and a win 2-1 with Slovakia. At the same time they've lost with France just 2-0 both home and away. And they've lost just 1-0 in Albania and 3-1 in Romania. These 2 teams also met in the Qualifiers for the World Cup. A big shock happened in Belarus as Luxembourg won 1-0, while in the reverse fixture Belarus only managed a 2-1 win. So you can see that the last 3 games between these 2 teams have been extremelly tight, 1-1-1. So it definetly seems like its worth taking this AH on Luxembourg since neither Romania or France could cover this handicap. Bosnia did, but Belarus doesn't have the same attacking strength and quite struggle to overcome tight defences.
I agree with the Luxembourg pick and think you could probably go with a "bolder" bet of +1.5 as I don't see how Belarus will score here. No A.Hleb, Krivets, Rodionov, Kutuzov, Kovel. Unfit Kislyak, unfit Kornilenko leading the line (on his own, no doubt), and tempremental Putsila on the wing. All Belarus have are Kalachev's free-kicks. I'll be surprised if Belarus win this one with almost all their attack absent. Luxembourg won their last trip to Minsk, intriguingly :) I don't agree with Hungary though. Their midfield is very good indeed but most of their midfield aren't in San Marino, and none of their good strikers are. Strikers - Priskin, Szalai, and Rudolf - they're the only ones capable of leading the Magyar line and they're all out. Hungary were weak against Luxembourg with old Tokoli leading the line (badly). Szabics is average at best. Nemeth is not ready yet. Midfield - no Gera, no Toth, no Toszer, and no Buzsaky. Koman and Elek are promising but still kids. Make no mistake - this is San Marino vs Dzsudzsak. I'll be amazed if Hungary score more than twice here. Good luck guys

Azerbaijan - Germany We are very strange team. We tend to play really good football against strong sides and fail to impress against outsiders and the game against Kazakhstan is a real proof of that. Also we play good football at home and very few teams had easy games in Baku. Here are our home results against strong sides in recent qualifiers: EURO 2000: Azerbaijan 1-1 Portugal (Figo scored on 94th minute :wall) FIFA 2002: Lost 0-1 at home to Sweden (1st) and Turkey (2nd) EURO 2004: Azerbaijan 0-2 Italy FIFA 2006: Azerbaijan 0-1 England EURO 2008: Azerbaijan 0-2 Portugal FIFA 2010: Azerbaijan 0-2 Germany So, to sum up we don't concede many goals at home against top sides. Germany did not impress me that much against Austria where I expected them to win easily. Also during this weekend we saw that small sides can play decent football like San Marino and Andorra both losing just by 1 goal, and keep in mind that the said sides have maybe 2-3 professional player in their squads. Another thing to mention is that at home we play on counter attacks and can be very dangerous and Germany knows that so they will first focus on defense and don't concentrate on attack. I think the scoreline will be the same as last time these sides played in Baku but will take some cover if Germany score 3 goals. So, large stakes on this one and most likely no more bets till Champions League and Europa League qualification begins. Under 3 Goals @ 2.42 Bet365
That is unlucky, 89' :( At least its not a German goal :\

Azerbaijan - Germany We are very strange team. We tend to play really good football against strong sides and fail to impress against outsiders and the game against Kazakhstan is a real proof of that. Also we play good football at home and very few teams had easy games in Baku. Here are our home results against strong sides in recent qualifiers: EURO 2000: Azerbaijan 1-1 Portugal (Figo scored on 94th minute :wall) FIFA 2002: Lost 0-1 at home to Sweden (1st) and Turkey (2nd) EURO 2004: Azerbaijan 0-2 Italy FIFA 2006: Azerbaijan 0-1 England EURO 2008: Azerbaijan 0-2 Portugal FIFA 2010: Azerbaijan 0-2 Germany So, to sum up we don't concede many goals at home against top sides. Germany did not impress me that much against Austria where I expected them to win easily. Also during this weekend we saw that small sides can play decent football like San Marino and Andorra both losing just by 1 goal, and keep in mind that the said sides have maybe 2-3 professional player in their squads. Another thing to mention is that at home we play on counter attacks and can be very dangerous and Germany knows that so they will first focus on defense and don't concentrate on attack. I think the scoreline will be the same as last time these sides played in Baku but will take some cover if Germany score 3 goals. So, large stakes on this one and most likely no more bets till Champions League and Europa League qualification begins. Under 3 Goals @ 2.42 Bet365
Final score Azerbaijan 1-3 Germany. Sorry everyone who followed.

....damn r u fking joking a 2 goals in 89-90th minute just to ruin my bet. :wall refering to the germany game :eyes had two bets under 1,5 in the 1st half and under 3,5 in the entire match :@
Same here. Had it as my main bet with large stakes :wall

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Belarus 2-0 Luxembuourg Unlucky for Luxembourg who looked like they could get a draw until the ref gifted Belarus with a penalty. All the same to me as I won my Luxembourg 2.5+ bet, so I'm happy with the result. Also glad about Azerbaiyan vs Germany, happy I finally decided to place a bet on Azer +3.5 and it payed off. Congrats to everyone who also won in this game. Unfortunately Finland already losing 0-3 to Sweden! So I'm losing my Finland +2.5 bet at the moment, hope they can get a goal. :hope

Result: Azerbaijan 1 Germany 3 I saw most of this game, which Germany comfortably deserved to win. I thought the scoreline slightly flatter Azerbaijan, who played some neat football, but always looked a class below the impressive Germans, who were particularly dangerous with the speed and skill of their attacks.