** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Faroe Islands V Estonia Not many markets up at the minute, but going to keep a close eye on this game with a view to taking on Estonia in some way, shape or form. Estonia are away in Italy On Fri night, and I think it is fair to expect a long night of ball-chasing followed by a comfortable beating. Then a trip back to Estonia, and over to the Faroe Islands on Sun I would expect. Faroes are at home to Slovenia, and while expected to lose, usually put up a dogged display at home. They recently held Northern Ireland. Obviously team news and results will have a bearing, and I wouldn't expect many markets up before this is known. But some value might be available on early shows. As I say, one to maybe keep an eye on ;)

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June

Faroe Islands V Estonia Not many markets up at the minute, but going to keep a close eye on this game with a view to taking on Estonia in some way, shape or form. Estonia are away in Italy On Fri night, and I think it is fair to expect a long night of ball-chasing followed by a comfortable beating. Then a trip back to Estonia, and over to the Faroe Islands on Sun I would expect. Faroes are at home to Slovenia, and while expected to lose, usually put up a dogged display at home. They recently held Northern Ireland. Obviously team news and results will have a bearing, and I wouldn't expect many markets up before this is known. But some value might be available on early shows. As I say, one to maybe keep an eye on ;)
If you expect Estonia to get a hiding on Friday, surely they'd need to be opposed in some way here? Of these fixtures, I quite like Hungary to score a few. I watched them in Holland in that 5-3 defeat, where they looked like scoring everytime they crossed the half-way line. A similar performance could see a surprisingly big win.

Yes' date=' that's what I said. Take them on.[/quote'] Sorry, misunderstood. No Rudolf or Priskin for the Hungarians, the two that started against Holland, which may be a worry where goals are concerned.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Azerbaijan - Germany We are very strange team. We tend to play really good football against strong sides and fail to impress against outsiders and the game against Kazakhstan is a real proof of that. Also we play good football at home and very few teams had easy games in Baku. Here are our home results against strong sides in recent qualifiers: EURO 2000: Azerbaijan 1-1 Portugal (Figo scored on 94th minute :wall) FIFA 2002: Lost 0-1 at home to Sweden (1st) and Turkey (2nd) EURO 2004: Azerbaijan 0-2 Italy FIFA 2006: Azerbaijan 0-1 England EURO 2008: Azerbaijan 0-2 Portugal FIFA 2010: Azerbaijan 0-2 Germany So, to sum up we don't concede many goals at home against top sides. Germany did not impress me that much against Austria where I expected them to win easily. Also during this weekend we saw that small sides can play decent football like San Marino and Andorra both losing just by 1 goal, and keep in mind that the said sides have maybe 2-3 professional player in their squads. Another thing to mention is that at home we play on counter attacks and can be very dangerous and Germany knows that so they will first focus on defense and don't concentrate on attack. I think the scoreline will be the same as last time these sides played in Baku but will take some cover if Germany score 3 goals. So, large stakes on this one and most likely no more bets till Champions League and Europa League qualification begins. Under 3 Goals @ 2.42 Bet365

Azerbaijan - Germany We are very strange team. We tend to play really good football against strong sides and fail to impress against outsiders and the game against Kazakhstan is a real proof of that. Also we play good football at home and very few teams had easy games in Baku. Here are our home results against strong sides in recent qualifiers: EURO 2000: Azerbaijan 1-1 Portugal (Figo scored on 94th minute :wall) FIFA 2002: Lost 0-1 at home to Sweden (1st) and Turkey (2nd) EURO 2004: Azerbaijan 0-2 Italy FIFA 2006: Azerbaijan 0-1 England EURO 2008: Azerbaijan 0-2 Portugal FIFA 2010: Azerbaijan 0-2 Germany So, to sum up we don't concede many goals at home against top sides. Germany did not impress me that much against Austria where I expected them to win easily. Also during this weekend we saw that small sides can play decent football like San Marino and Andorra both losing just by 1 goal, and keep in mind that the said sides have maybe 2-3 professional player in their squads. Another thing to mention is that at home we play on counter attacks and can be very dangerous and Germany knows that so they will first focus on defense and don't concentrate on attack. I think the scoreline will be the same as last time these sides played in Baku but will take some cover if Germany score 3 goals. So, large stakes on this one and most likely no more bets till Champions League and Europa League qualification begins. Under 3 Goals @ 2.42 Bet365
You may be correct in that bet, but the problem for me is a side like Germany always has the potential to score several. Russia was a good example of that yesterday, beating the -1.5 out of nowhere. There's always the chance Azerbaijan could score too. Have you looked at Betfair for this bet, by the way, Mustafa? I find Betfair always have better odds than Bet365. Some other sites like Hills do to, on occasion.

You may be correct in that bet, but the problem for me is a side like Germany always has the potential to score several. Russia was a good example of that yesterday, beating the -1.5 out of nowhere. There's always the chance Azerbaijan could score too. Have you looked at Betfair for this bet, by the way, Mustafa? I find Betfair always have better odds than Bet365. Some other sites like Hills do to, on occasion.
Thanks for the tip but I don't have account with Betfair since they don't accept Credit/Debit Cards from my country. I agree that we can score, but to be honest we always produce 1 surprise result during qualifying campaign and we did it already against Turkey. Of course once we lost in a friendly to Spain 0-6 but they were reigning European champions back then, and Serbia 1-6. Other than that I can't remember when we were trashed at home in the past years.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June hey mustafa....just wondering about the german squad, will it be the same as against austriap (without klose)? ...btw u said a few days ago to me that germany will win comfortably against austria even without klose....so i guess that the klose factor is a bigger deal than u thought...and imo whether he will play or not will be a big factor in this match. anyway i am thinking about a similair bet myself its under 3,5 goals odds are around 1,7 (local bookmaker). i choosen to bet on this mostly due to past history of low scoring games in your reasoning and also i saw the last germany game in which they disapointed me with their poor performance...

hey mustafa....just wondering about the german squad, will it be the same as against austriap (without klose)? ...btw u said a few days ago to me that germany will win comfortably against austria even without klose....so i guess that the klose factor is a bigger deal than u thought...and imo whether he will play or not will be a big factor in this match. anyway i am thinking about a similair bet myself its under 3,5 goals odds are around 1,7 (local bookmaker). i choosen to bet on this mostly due to past history of low scoring games in your reasoning and also i saw the last germany game in which they disapointed me with their poor performance...
Another thing to point out is that our players play better football in against top teams hoping that they will get discovered by scouts and move abroad :) As for Klose factor I thought that with players like Ozil, Muller and Gomez Germany will be able to win comfortably. Well I was proven wrong. I think this game will be most likely low scoring or Germany will destroy us and end up winning 10-0.

I think this game will be most likely low scoring or Germany will destroy us and end up winning 10-0.
Imo its gonna be low scoring with no klose and few others, also I read an article where the German coach said that the team is very exhausted and that they will enter the match carefully not underestimating the Azerb. team, so that is a positive announcement for our bet too. So lets hope for a 1:1,0:1,0:2 since our money is on these results :lol anyway gl with your/our bet :hope

Imo its gonna be low scoring with no klose and few others, also I read an article where the German coach said that the team is very exhausted and that they will enter the match carefully not underestimating the Azerb. team, so that is a positive announcement for our bet too. So lets hope for a 1:1,0:1,0:2 since our money is on these results :lol anyway gl with your/our bet :hope
If it ends 1-1 the next day our President will issue a decree announcing 7 June the national holiday :)

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June The things in Group A are clear regarding the winner of the group - Germany. But on paper there are points to gain for Nationalmannschaft to achieve this goal. It is clear for everyone that they win in Azerbaijan, but my problem here is how many will they score, cause I do not see Azerbaijan scoring any against them If they will, will be better for me. Head 2 head we can see that the teams have met 3 times, 2 wins for Germany home 6-1 and 4-0 + another win away, in Baku, 2-0 for Germany. Azerbaijan won 1-0 home with Turkey, 2-0 with Czech Republic, and lost just once time more than 2 goals difference, 0-6 with Spain in June 2009. Since 1998 they lost just 3 times with mor ethan 2 goals at home. Ok, Nationalmannschaft was borned to break records, but the facts are saying here will be tough for them, to beat Azerbaijan hard. Missing players for Germany: Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sven Bender, Christian Trasch, Miroslav Klose and Marco Reus. Loew has called up under-21 players Lewis Holtby of Mainz and Sebastian Rudy of Hoffenheim after injuries to midfielders Sami Khedira and Simon Rolfes. Striker Lukas Podolski is nursing an ankle injury but is expected to recover in time. Germany will also be without reserve goalkeeper Tim Wiese. My feeling is that Germany will win, but I do not see this tip as a losing one and I feel very comfortable by taking it at high stakes. Azerbaijan vs Germany home +3 AH @ 1.70 with >bet365

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June I am really impressed by the progress these players have made through the time. Luxembourg can hold any team if they are not taking seriously. They madea 0-0 home with Belarus and lost 0-2 and 1-3 to France and Romania. Belarus had problems home with Albania, just 2-0, lost to Albania 0-1, and 0-1 with Canada in a friendly game. They managed a draw with France, 1-1 but has problems in unpacking deffensive teams. In 2007 Luxembourg won 1-0 against Belarus in Minsk and lost 0-2 in 1994. Belarus has just 1 win and 1 loss against these guys. I expect a narrow win for home side and I expect that Luxembourg will play like they did with Romania. That game was won by Mutu, otherwise Romania would have lost it. Belarus has no Mutu as far as I am concerned. Belarus vs Luxembourg away +2 AH @ 2.07 with >Victor Chandler

The things in Group A are clear regarding the winner of the group - Germany. But on paper there are points to gain for Nationalmannschaft to achieve this goal. It is clear for everyone that they win in Azerbaijan, but my problem here is how many will they score, cause I do not see Azerbaijan scoring any against them If they will, will be better for me. Head 2 head we can see that the teams have met 3 times, 2 wins for Germany home 6-1 and 4-0 + another win away, in Baku, 2-0 for Germany. Azerbaijan won 1-0 home with Turkey, 2-0 with Czech Republic, and lost just once time more than 2 goals difference, 0-6 with Spain in June 2009. Since 1998 they lost just 3 times with mor ethan 2 goals at home. Ok, Nationalmannschaft was borned to break records, but the facts are saying here will be tough for them, to beat Azerbaijan hard. Missing players for Germany: Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sven Bender, Christian Trasch, Miroslav Klose and Marco Reus. Loew has called up under-21 players Lewis Holtby of Mainz and Sebastian Rudy of Hoffenheim after injuries to midfielders Sami Khedira and Simon Rolfes. Striker Lukas Podolski is nursing an ankle injury but is expected to recover in time. Germany will also be without reserve goalkeeper Tim Wiese. My feeling is that Germany will win, but I do not see this tip as a losing one and I feel very comfortable by taking it at high stakes. Azerbaijan vs Germany home +3 AH @ 1.70 with >bet365
Just to clarify that this one was a friendly which we played in Dubai.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June i have made one more bet on the germany match and its under 1,5 goals in the first half odds 1,8...i am 90% sure about this one...the absolute maximum that germany can do is 0:1 i dont see 0:2 or more in my wildest dreams...only a miracle 1:1 could ruin this bet, or a penalty etc. :lol

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Group C propose a game with no importance for the high positions in this group as both teams are much weaker than Slovenia and Serbia, mainly contenders for 2nd spot. Faroe won 2-1 against Lithuania in 2009 and made a 1-1 with Northern Ireland in 2010. Also, in 2008 they made a 1-1 with Austria. we talk here about games at home. Serbia and Slovenia managed to beat them 3-0 and 2-0. France and Romania won just 1-0. Estonia won 1-0 in Angola, madea 0-0 in Latvia, a 2-2 in Armenia, a 0-0 in Uzbekistan and a win, 2-0 in Armenia. Head 2 head we see 4 wins for Estonia, 1 draw and 1 defeat. In Faroe the teams met in 1999 and Estonia won 2-0. This time, Faroe looks far more better than they were 10 years ago and Estonia weaker. Despite the win in Serbia, in 2010, 3-1, I can't see Estonia winning here. Faroe Islands vs Estonia pick: home +1 AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Sweden needs a win against Finland as Hungary is chasing them with minor chances. But one wrong step from them could mean that the Hungarians will level them. Despite teh loss of Ibrahimovici who is suspended, Sweden has enough quality to pass Finland. Toivonen and Elmander are the ones that are spreading fear against any defence. Finland will come here for a draw. They have scored just 2 goals here and conceded 18, with 2 draws and 7 defeats. Althugh the last meetings have ended 0-0 and 1-0 for Sweden, I will force here a 2 goals difference and I accept a half stake loss in case of a one goals difference win. Do you? Sweden vs Finland pick: home -1.25 AH @ 1.91 with Pinnacle

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Dzsudzsak, Hajnal, Gera, Szabics are all players with good quality that put problems to Netherlands and may do it here also. Hungary looks very good in last period of time, they play very offensive, good play in the midfield, quality players, great technic. San marino is weak and even if they resisted in front of Finalnd, they can't stand in front of Hungary which is 2 classes over nordic teams. I expect Hungarians to pass the margin and give me a winning bet and tip here. San Marino vs Hungary pick: away - 3 AH @ 1.95 with >Victor Chandler

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Last time Belarus and Luxembourg met we witnessed a boring 0-0. Belarus has actually failed to impress since their 1-0 win vs France drawing twice 0-0 and losing against 1-0, winning only once (0-2 vs Albania) after their incredible result in France. Luxembourg hasn't impressed much either, only winning once in their last 10 games. However they have improved a bit lately and have yet to lose by more than 2 goals this year. Given Belarus's long injury list (especially Alex Hleb) I can really see them struggling to score. I expect them to win but not by a lot. Meanwhile Luxembourg will be more than happy to draw. Luxembourg + 2.5,3 @ 1.45 bet365

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers: 7-8 June Bosnia is a team that had so much attention due to their strikers, but who sees them can say after that they are a pretty weak team, with good strikers, a mediocre midfield line and a disastrous deffense/. That is why they have been beaten by Romania and that is why they will have a very hard game tomorrow night with Albania. Albania is unbeaten by Bosnia in the history of the meetings between these two. They had 2 draws and a win 2-0. Albania was a tough nut to crack this campaign and also the previous one. Only Romania, Denmark and Sweden managed to beaten them hard in last couple of years. Have made a 0-0 in Portugal, lost 0-2 in Belarus and won in MUntenogro in a friendly game and a draw in Romania. under 2.5 is the perfect bet for this match. Bosnia vs Albania pick: under 2.5 goals @ 1.89 with 5dimes

Group C propose a game with no importance for the high positions in this group as both teams are much weaker than Slovenia and Serbia, mainly contenders for 2nd spot. Faroe won 2-1 against Lithuania in 2009 and made a 1-1 with Northern Ireland in 2010. Also, in 2008 they made a 1-1 with Austria. we talk here about games at home. Serbia and Slovenia managed to beat them 3-0 and 2-0. France and Romania won just 1-0. Estonia won 1-0 in Angola, madea 0-0 in Latvia, a 2-2 in Armenia, a 0-0 in Uzbekistan and a win, 2-0 in Armenia. Head 2 head we see 4 wins for Estonia, 1 draw and 1 defeat. In Faroe the teams met in 1999 and Estonia won 2-0. This time, Faroe looks far more better than they were 10 years ago and Estonia weaker. Despite the win in Serbia, in 2010, 3-1, I can't see Estonia winning here. Faroe Islands vs Estonia pick: home +1 AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle
I was thinking of going for a bet like this but there are a few things that are putting me off. Did Estonia not just beat a full strenght Uruguay 2-0 in a freindly a few months back? Also, Estonia beat Serbia 3-1 in Belgrade which is an outstanding performance. These factors would actually make me lean towards backing Estonia.

These factors would actually make me lean towards backing Estonia.
Agree. It's poor value IMO considering you're banking on Faroes picking up a point to gain any profit. I'd much rather be on Estonia too.

The things in Group A are clear regarding the winner of the group - Germany. But on paper there are points to gain for Nationalmannschaft to achieve this goal. It is clear for everyone that they win in Azerbaijan, but my problem here is how many will they score, cause I do not see Azerbaijan scoring any against them If they will, will be better for me. Head 2 head we can see that the teams have met 3 times, 2 wins for Germany home 6-1 and 4-0 + another win away, in Baku, 2-0 for Germany. Azerbaijan won 1-0 home with Turkey, 2-0 with Czech Republic, and lost just once time more than 2 goals difference, 0-6 with Spain in June 2009. Since 1998 they lost just 3 times with mor ethan 2 goals at home. Ok, Nationalmannschaft was borned to break records, but the facts are saying here will be tough for them, to beat Azerbaijan hard. Missing players for Germany: Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sven Bender, Christian Trasch, Miroslav Klose and Marco Reus. Loew has called up under-21 players Lewis Holtby of Mainz and Sebastian Rudy of Hoffenheim after injuries to midfielders Sami Khedira and Simon Rolfes. Striker Lukas Podolski is nursing an ankle injury but is expected to recover in time. Germany will also be without reserve goalkeeper Tim Wiese. My feeling is that Germany will win, but I do not see this tip as a losing one and I feel very comfortable by taking it at high stakes. Azerbaijan vs Germany home +3 AH @ 1.70 with >bet365
It's never wise to write off Germany but I don't think saying they will win by 3 or less is writing them off, this looks to be a cracking bet to me. It's unlikely Azerbaijan will get anything from the game but I would expect them to put up a decent fight, given the way the internationals went at the weekend, a victory by more than 3 is unlikely.. The players are knackered, unsurprisingly, after a heavy season, Germany are missing a few players as noted. Khedira doesn't seem too injured but Leow won't risk him as winning the group is virtually assured and its always wise to keep Mourinho on your good side. Azerbaijan looked wide open away against Belgium but you would look at their results against better sides in meaningful home games and say they are alright if not great. They will most likely lose but to lose by more than 3!? Can't see it personally, the 1.083 for an away win is an insult.