** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Spain - La Liga - 15 May

Sunday 15 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v Málaga (20:00 BST) 1.8 3.6 5 103.33 %
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Hercules CF (20:00 BST) 1.3 5.5 8.5 106.87 %
maximize.gif FC Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruña (20:00 BST) 1.52 4.9 5.5 104.38 %
maximize.gif Getafe v Osasuna (20:00 BST) 1.83 3.75 4 106.21 %
maximize.gif Real Sporting de Gijon v Racing Santander (20:00 BST) 1.28 8.6 8 101.91 %
maximize.gif Real Zaragoza v Espanyol (20:00 BST) 1.7 3.75 5.1 105.10 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v Real Sociedad (20:00 BST) 1.57 4.6 5 105.38 %
maximize.gif UD Almería v Real Mallorca (20:00 BST) 2.75 3.4 2.2 111.23 %
maximize.gif Valencia v Levante UD (20:00 BST) 1.66 4 6.5 100.63 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Real Madrid (20:00 BST) 3.75 4.5 1.72 106.78 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May Real have said they want Ronaldo to win the Pichichi award, and with him in form (7 in 2 games) I expect him to score at least a couple. I've gone in huge on him anytime scorer, so let's hope for him to show up!:hope Cristiano Ronaldo anytime scorer @ 1.66, 30/1 Cristiano Ronaldo to score at least two goals @ 4, 5/10 Cristiano Ronaldo to score at least three goals @ 12, 2/10 Cristiano Ronaldo first scorer, Real to win @ 5, 2/10 All with bet365

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May

Can Osasuna relegate?
Theoritically yes but I do not believe it. They are 5 pts above the 18th Zaragoza with better head to head stats so Osasuna need just 1 point in next two games. But It's hard to say what will happen if 3 or more teams finish with the same number of points, still head to head stats will be the decider but there are to many teams involved in the relegation battle and comparing their head to head stats is complicated at this point. I guess you are asking because you want to back Getafe but I think Osasuna will try to grab a point or 3 in this game and secure their staying in La Liga. I do not say that Getafe won't win but I advice you to wait till the match starts and make in-play bet after you have seen the approach of Osasuna.

Real have said they want Ronaldo to win the Pichichi award, and with him in form (7 in 2 games) I expect him to score at least a couple. I've gone in huge on him anytime scorer, so let's hope for him to show up!:hope Cristiano Ronaldo anytime scorer @ 1.66, 30/1 Cristiano Ronaldo to score at least two goals @ 4, 5/10 Cristiano Ronaldo to score at least three goals @ 12, 2/10 Cristiano Ronaldo first scorer, Real to win @ 5, 2/10 All with bet365
:hope he actually starts the game :unsure:lol

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May Couple for me this weekend. Good luck to any others getting involved. - 1pt Correct Score: Sporting Gijon 2-0 Racing Santander @ 5/1 [betfred] I was looking around at the fixtures this weekend and I saw the price being on offer for Gijon to win this and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were 1/3 to win. :unsure After a little research I found out why. Basically it seems like Gijon and Santander help each other out when they can. Last season, Racing needed a win to stay up a this time of the campaign. They played Gijon in the last game of the season and their Northern neighbours helped them out by resting more than 6 first-team regulars! Racing ran out 2-0 winners ensuring their safety. Almost a whole year later the exact same thing is playing out but in total reverse. Santander are safe whilst Sporting need a little help. It seems like everyone knows that this is going to be a home win, the bookies know it, Gijon know it and the fans know it. That's why Gijon are 1/3 to win at home, thats why there are hardly any Asian Handicap markets on offer and that's why I think the 2-0 correct score is worth a small bite. Also have a little nibble on 1-0 at 5/1 incase it's kept tight. Considered the -1AH on offer at 365 but felt there's more mileage in the Correct Scores. Hopefully history repeats itself. - 2pts Anytime Scorer: Roberto Soldado (vs Levante UD) @ 23/20 [VC] - 2pts Anytime Scorer: Julio Baptista (vs. A. Bilbao) @ 11/4 [365] The Baptista pick came in for me in the week and I think it will come in again. Malaga are away at the San Mames this weekend and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they took something from that game. Bilbao aren't playing for anything and they're coming up against a Malaga side in shit hot form right now. Both Teams to Score in this match is priced at something ridiculous like 1.57 so I'm not going near that despite me thinking it wil come in. You get the impression that if anyone's going to score, Baptista will be person to do it as he has done in his last FIVE matches. Likewise you get the same impression with Soldado. In the last SEVEN games that Valencia have scored goals in, Soldado has scored at least one. He got one inside 10minutes the other day, two in the first half against Sociedad, one when Real Madrid destroyed them, not forgetting the four he bagged to get him back on the scene away at Getafe as well as the two he scored against Villareal a week later. If you add it all up, he's got 11 in 7. He's in some great form and he's finishing the season strongly intime when other clubs around the world are starting to think about opening their cheque-books. Didn't expect him to be greater than EVS to score anytime so had to snap this up at VC.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May Almeria v Mallorca Mallorca @2.40 /Medium stakes Mallorca @2.40 is pure value if you ask me. They need two more points to secure their staying in La Liga. This is the perfect moment for them to do so instead of waiting the last round when they host the unpredictable team of Atletico Madrid. Almeria were the first team to relegate and their morale is rock bottom. They put an end to their horrible losing streak of 7 consecutive games with a midweek draw against Villareal which motivation was not much greater after the long season. Mallorca should win this in order to save themselves a headache in the last round. Zaragoza v Espanyol Zaragoza -0.5 @1.65 /Medium Stakes Surprisingly to me Zaragoza found themselves in the relegation zone two rounds before the seaon is over. Well this might be the last chance for them. Before the shocking and undeserved loss to Osasuna at home they were on a run of 4 consecutive home wins. Now I fancy them to win against one of the worst away sides in Primera - Espanyol which have almost nothing to play for and have the "impressive' away record 4-2-12. Not the greatest odds but well it's the end of the season ... Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruna Deportivo La Coruna+0.5 @2.425 /Medium Stakes Super Depor are in desperate need of points. With back against the wall they showed what they are capable of turning the score around in their last game vs Athletic Bilbao. I know that La Coruna is one of the weakest away sides in La Liga but they have all to play for while Barca's hangover would probably last for a few days following the winning of the title. I also expect Guardiola to start with 2,3 or even more of his talented youngsters as well as the recovered Abidal who is not in top form yet. Hopefully the new champions will show their generosity once again and will let Deportivo to get at least a point here. Bet365

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May Villarreal - R. Madrid over 3.5 Villarreal - R. Madrid -1 2 Real has scored 12 goals in last 2 games against Sevilla and Getafe. If they can score even 6 goals in Andalucia I'm quite sure they can win Villarreal which has been pretty poor these days. Villarreal won 2 of 5 last games. Win against Porto was 'easy' because Porto won 5-1 in the first meeting. Second win (2-1 at home) against Getafe wasn't that convincing.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May it is interesting and important .. I hope will help Villarreal - Real Ronaldo to Real Madrid shirt has faced three times and has scored Villarreal and three in the first twenty minutes! Ronaldo still needs one goal to tie the record of 38 league goals of Terah and Hugo Sanchez. Barcelona - La Coruna The Villa has achieved 11 goals against in La Coruna, as no other player. In the last 10 games against the Ntepor The Villa has 10 goals. BILBAO - Malaga The Bilbao year in office against the groups are the 8th and below, has 12 wins and 1 defeat to Deportivo La Coruna. Without Rondo (14 goals) this year in Malaga 4 away matches as many defeats suffered by the half without scoring. Zaragoza - Espanyol The Zaragoza has lost just once in the last 7 home games from Espanyol. The Espanyol failed to score in the last 6 away matches. H Espanyol year without Javier Marketh has 6 losses and 1 tie. Away has 5 losses and 1 tie with 1 goal for and 11 against. The Real Madrid is the fourth worst team in the 2011 League. Seville - Sociedad The Canute has scored in three games played against Sociedad in the Primera (4 goals in total). The Sociedad counts 8 consecutive away defeats, conceding at least 2 goals in every match. Gijon - Santander Last year, the last day that Santander wanted only to win over Sporting Gijon to save. Before the game, the local government Gijon urged fans to support the team effort of neighbor Santander to stay. The Rest Gijon 8 major and lost easily 2-0. This year the situation has reversed. The Santander and Gijon secured victory with locks Eve. The loans will be repaid.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May Villareal - Real Madrid I have one idea on this match. Bet on corner. Today we can expect open game with many situation. Villareal and Real have big power in front and tactic game is going on second side. Real showed last time that prefer open game with a lot of situation. I think that line on OVER 10 corners ASIAN is a gift ! Over 10 corners AH @ 1,80 (bet365) Last match in Sevilla (20 corners) with Valencia ( 19 corners) What do you think about this guys ? Good bet in my opinion .

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May Ath Madrid V Hercules Any Spanish experts got an insight into Athletico's motivation for this game? i.e. do they want Europa League football next year? I know they are a team not to normally trust, but obviously Hercules are now relegated, and given that this was confirmed they gave up a 2 goal lead at home to Mallorca during the week, I can't see them being up for this game. SJ are standout on Athletico goals. Over 1.5 is 2/5 (generally 2/7) and over 2.5 is 11/8. I am considering covering both for a push on 2 goals, and +4.75 units on 3 or more. But not sure I trust the home side. Opinions welcome :ok

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Getafe v Osasuna
Selection Getafe -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 15/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.20
Reasoning Osasuna would be a top Primera side if not their poor away record. They've been arguably impressive at home, picking up 33 points out of 18 matches, but you will hardly see a worse team when it comes to road. Playing against an extremely motivated Getafe won't be an easy task, and frankly speaking, I don't see them getting any points tonight. Getafe are in real danger to relegate and ONLY the three points will mean a good job today. As for Osasuna, their coach told to press that they must win this match and not depend on other matches, but with 44 points already on board and standing 14th in the table - I think the chances are quite low to go down. No way I'm suggesting that they will give it up and wait for other results, just saying that the match is do-or-die for Getafe while Osasuna won't feel big pressure even if they lose tonight. But that's just talk. The real reason is the huge difference between Getafe at home and Osasuna on the road. -0.5 is only a minimal advantage while I firmly believe the hosts should be priced shorter.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 15 May the 3 matches for europe positions is the one i will watching with lots of interest I think should be a very opens matches cause the three of them play at home and they want to win the last match of the season at home with the europe league in play and same of the opositions tonight need to win to feel safe for the last match so i will bet on this three matches on overs 2'5 goals all on betfair

1Ath Bilbao v Malaga - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.61)
2Atl Madrid v Hercules - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.41)
3Sevilla v Sociedad - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.58)
good luck

Almeria v Mallorca Mallorca @2.40 /Medium stakes Mallorca @2.40 is pure value if you ask me. They need two more points to secure their staying in La Liga. This is the perfect moment for them to do so instead of waiting the last round when they host the unpredictable team of Atletico Madrid. Almeria were the first team to relegate and their morale is rock bottom. They put an end to their horrible losing streak of 7 consecutive games with a midweek draw against Villareal which motivation was not much greater after the long season. Mallorca should win this in order to save themselves a headache in the last round. Zaragoza v Espanyol Zaragoza -0.5 @1.65 /Medium Stakes Surprisingly to me Zaragoza found themselves in the relegation zone two rounds before the seaon is over. Well this might be the last chance for them. Before the shocking and undeserved loss to Osasuna at home they were on a run of 4 consecutive home wins. Now I fancy them to win against one of the worst away sides in Primera - Espanyol which have almost nothing to play for and have the "impressive' away record 4-2-12. Not the greatest odds but well it's the end of the season ... Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruna Deportivo La Coruna+0.5 @2.425 /Medium Stakes Super Depor are in desperate need of points. With back against the wall they showed what they are capable of turning the score around in their last game vs Athletic Bilbao. I know that La Coruna is one of the weakest away sides in La Liga but they have all to play for while Barca's hangover would probably last for a few days following the winning of the title. I also expect Guardiola to start with 2,3 or even more of his talented youngsters as well as the recovered Abidal who is not in top form yet. Hopefully the new champions will show their generosity once again and will let Deportivo to get at least a point here. Bet365
2 out of 3 bets won. Couldn't see that coming in Almeria game. God knows when was the last time they scored 3 :lol Routine win for Zaragoza, about Barca game ... well Pep started with more than 2,3 youngsters and rested his first choice squad.

Villareal - Real Madrid I have one idea on this match. Bet on corner. Today we can expect open game with many situation. Villareal and Real have big power in front and tactic game is going on second side. Real showed last time that prefer open game with a lot of situation. I think that line on OVER 10 corners ASIAN is a gift ! Over 10 corners AH @ 1,80 (bet365)
Final Corner Count: 8 (4-4) http://www.flashscores.co.uk/detail/soccer.php?match=632858&gmt_offset=-3600&tab=1 I have noticed it is very difficult to predict the number of corners in a game and it is dangerous to predict based on the number of corners in past games.