** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Portugal - Liga Sagres - 29 April - 1 May

Friday 29 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Paços de Ferreira v Vitória de Guimarães (20:15 BST) 2.58 3.25 3.2 100.78 %
Saturday 30 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sporting CP v Portimonense (20:15 BST) 1.4 4.5 10 103.65 %
Sunday 1 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Beira-Mar v Rio Ave (16:00 BST) 2.75 3.01 2.75 105.95 %
maximize.gif Marítimo v Académica de Coimbra (16:00 BST) 1.95 3.31 4.33 104.51 %
maximize.gif Naval 1º de Maio v Nacional da Madeira (16:00 BST) 2.4 3.12 3.3 103.97 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v União de Leiria (16:00 BST) 1.44 4.5 10 101.46 %
maximize.gif Olhanense v Benfica (18:15 BST) 6 3.6 1.79 100.31 %
maximize.gif Vitória de Setúbal v FC Porto (20:15 BST) 6.5 3.9 1.72 98.92 %

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 29 April - 1 May Sporting vs portimonense : There is the 3 rd spot in stake, braga and sporting will struggle up to the end of the season. Sporting must win portimonense to continue to believe in its chances. Normally it should be a formality, portimonense is already condemned to go down in liga orangina. At home and almost all the players available, i expect a wide victory, there is a major gap between each other. vitoria vs porto : i do know why the odd for porto is so high. albeit porto is the big favorite and that they want to stay unbeaten in la liga, having seen the bloodshed they made against villarreal, porto will not win this game. You will ask me why? I answer by saying both presidents are very close, they are friends and a draw against porto will without a shadow of doubt secure setubal in la liga. Thus it will be a delight for the two teams. Olhanense vs slb : olhanense at 6 for me:beer this is the moment in the season that some teams have made what they had to do. Benfica will rest for this game all the players who played against braga. Olhanense urge to win. A victory will enable them to stay in la liga. I fancy benfica coming in the south of portugal, more to tan than to win. They have definitely braga in mind, even their coach, Christmas before the hour.

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 29 April - 1 May

vitoria vs porto : i do know why the odd for porto is so high. albeit porto is the big favorite and that they want to stay unbeaten in la liga, having seen the bloodshed they made against villarreal, porto will not win this game. You will ask me why? I answer by saying both presidents are very close, they are friends and a draw against porto will without a shadow of doubt secure setubal in la liga. Thus it will be a delight for the two teams.
Can't agree with you Falcao on this one, as you state Porto have an outright ambition to remain undefeated in the Portuguese league and the only way to achieve that is by playing to win. We will see how far squad rotation will go for this match, no doubt Villas Boas will tinker a bit, starting with Beto on goal, possibly Maicon replacing Otamendi and Sereno coming in for Sapunaru and Varela for Rodriguez. However I would not be surprised to see Falcao and Hulk playing, if only to come out during the 2nd half. It will be important to watch for Naval's result this afternoon, a possible defeat will keep Setúbal in the First Division. I'm not advising a bet on Porto outright here; Setúbal will fight very hard and be difficult to beat but there's simply a gulf in class between these two. Odds are short and the only worthwhile bet is a possible -1 handicap with short stakes, but certainly I don't see a "convenient draw" being played out.

Can't agree with you Falcao on this one, as you state Porto have an outright ambition to remain undefeated in the Portuguese league and the only way to achieve that is by playing to win. We will see how far squad rotation will go for this match, no doubt Villas Boas will tinker a bit, starting with Beto on goal, possibly Maicon replacing Otamendi and Sereno coming in for Sapunaru and Varela for Rodriguez. However I would not be surprised to see Falcao and Hulk playing, if only to come out during the 2nd half. It will be important to watch for Naval's result this afternoon, a possible defeat will keep Setúbal in the First Division. I'm not advising a bet on Porto outright here; Setúbal will fight very hard and be difficult to beat but there's simply a gulf in class between these two. Odds are short and the only worthwhile bet is a possible -1 handicap with short stakes, but certainly I don't see a "convenient draw" being played out.
Right. And also, Porto are 28-3-0 against Vitoria Setubal all-time...just how friendly does that sound to you?

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 29 April - 1 May nacional won v naval so LUMP ON PORTO!!!! halftime/full time is like 15/10 so thats seems perfect to mee. with a little cover on under 1.5 goals just in case first half is goaless which i very much doubt it... oohh actually now a draw will keep setubal in the league with two games remaining as naval can get equal points but goal difference is alot worse than setubal's mmmm what tooo doooooooo.. lump on still!

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 29 April - 1 May My apologies for my mistake, indeed Setúbal still need points to stay in the 1st Division despite Naval's defeat this afternoon. The heavy artillery has been benched, but if the starting 11 doesn't show the tricks Villas Boas will bring them in.

is there any points totals for league to be broken too?? cant find any info on the net at the mo but surely they are close or have already broken it??
Since there are only 16 teams I think it is the higher total of points already

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 29 April - 1 May Apologies for my mistake; even after Naval lost this afternoon Setúbal still need points to stay in the league. The heavy artillery has indeed been benched but if the starting 11 doesn't perform Villas Boas will bring them in. I'm still confident on Porto.