** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April

Jesus you got the clean sheet bet @2.62, it's now @2.37 :@ I have picked Under 2 AH @2.05 (b365), for two reasons: - Red Devils like to keep it tight on the road; - Schalke scored many goals so far but they met sides playing more openly than United. Leonardo's Inter was even playing a foolhardy style, to be honest. Today is going to be a whole different story, in my opinion. I expect a good old 0-0, perhaps 0-1 or 1-1. Small to medium stakes.
Just went to look at the price on this with skybet, dropped from 2.63 to 2.38 while i logged in :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April I really fancy Schalke here. I'm looking at Man United's away form in the Champions League and I'm looking at Schalke's home form. In the last round Man Utd only had to travel down the road to Chelsea; now they are being thrown into a huge match in Germany who I imagine the Schalke fans will be looking forward to and getting behind their team from the 1st minute. They demolished Inter (who may not be the same team as they were but to put 5 past?) Incredible. Before I put medium stakes on Schalke at 23/10 @ Will Hill can somebody give me a little information on the striker 'Edu'? I hear he'll most likely be starting up with Raul tonight but have no knowledge of him? Do they work well together?

I really fancy Schalke here. I'm looking at Man United's away form in the Champions League and I'm looking at Schalke's home form. In the last round Man Utd only had to travel down the road to Chelsea; now they are being thrown into a huge match in Germany who I imagine the Schalke fans will be looking forward to and getting behind their team from the 1st minute. They demolished Inter (who may not be the same team as they were but to put 5 past?) Incredible. Before I put medium stakes on Schalke at 23/10 @ Will Hill can somebody give me a little information on the striker 'Edu'? I hear he'll most likely be starting up with Raul tonight but have no knowledge of him? Do they work well together?
Edu is a striker who is no goalgetter.He tries to play good but he is very limited.Raul is too overrated in my eyes.He cannot score all the time and he has no qualitiy to get through United's defense.He is not that quick and against Vidic and Ferdinand he will have no chance for a header. Now höwedes will be out.He is Schalke's best defender.Metzelder is very slow and against Hernandez or others he has no chance then to produce a foul. I would rather say save your money instead of backing Schalke.Their best weapon are the fans.

They demolished Inter (who may not be the same team as they were but to put 5 past?) Incredible. ?
Almost every team smashed Inter at home in CL this season.This is not an example or something to be proud off.Inter are very unlucky to have Rafa and Leonardo as managers.Look,Spurs beat Inter,passed AC Milan but couldn't even score against Real.I see something similar here.Fergie is an old fox and he knows how to get results.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Schalke +0.5 @ 1.71 pinnacle Schalke @ 3.56 pinnacle Going off these odds, Schalke are being underestimated, and it seems their impressive two legged win over Inter Milan has been ignored in setting these prices. Their home form in the Champions League has been very good, and while Man Utd too have done well on the road, they will be looking to take back at least a 0-0 draw from this game, and then looking to win it at home in the second leg. Expect Schalke to do much of the attacking while Man Utd conserve themselves since they do have a massive EPL game with Arsenal coming up this weekend, and will be looking to wrap the title if results go their way. Would not be surprised that they look to defend for much of the game, but Schalke do have some good players and like Raul to do well up against Ferdinand and Vidic

Edu is a striker who is no goalgetter.He tries to play good but he is very limited.Raul is too overrated in my eyes.He cannot score all the time and he has no qualitiy to get through United's defense.He is not that quick and against Vidic and Ferdinand he will have no chance for a header. Now höwedes will be out.He is Schalke's best defender.Metzelder is very slow and against Hernandez or others he has no chance then to produce a foul. I would rather say save your money instead of backing Schalke.Their best weapon are the fans.
here we can see opinion from Man Utd supporter :D How can Raul be ovvvverrated?Well yes he might not be the most fastest but he can surely score goals(and he have been still scoring Regulary even in his age) and the main thing is that he Dont need a 10 chances to score.!He just feels where to put the ball. I am not trying to say that Schalke are going to beat ManU but they can show a decent performance.

Schalke +0.5 @ 1.71 pinnacle Schalke @ 3.56 pinnacle Going off these odds, Schalke are being underestimated, and it seems their impressive two legged win over Inter Milan has been ignored in setting these prices. Their home form in the Champions League has been very good, and while Man Utd too have done well on the road, they will be looking to take back at least a 0-0 draw from this game, and then looking to win it at home in the second leg. Expect Schalke to do much of the attacking while Man Utd conserve themselves since they do have a massive EPL game with Arsenal coming up this weekend, and will be looking to wrap the title if results go their way. Would not be surprised that they look to defend for much of the game, but Schalke do have some good players and like Raul to do well up against Ferdinand and Vidic
Raul has no chance against Vidic and Ferdinand.They are better in the air and Raul is not very quick like in the past.

Jesus you got the clean sheet bet @2.62, it's now @2.37 :@ I have picked Under 2 AH @2.05 (b365), for two reasons: - Red Devils like to keep it tight on the road; - Schalke scored many goals so far but they met sides playing more openly than United. Leonardo's Inter was even playing a foolhardy style, to be honest. Today is going to be a whole different story, in my opinion. I expect a good old 0-0, perhaps 0-1 or 1-1. Small to medium stakes.
I agree with this, I don't see goals in this game. Experience counts for so much at this stage and United have played games like this more often than virtually anybody, I would be staggered if they conceded more than one. Its (another) perfect draw for United with the second leg at home. I think United are probably in the worse state they have been in years, they have an ageing squad and have performed poorly in the Premiership to the point where it feels like they have won the league by default because of the awful sides chasing them. But they are very likely to win the league, reached the semi finals of the FA Cup and have a very good chance of reaching the CL Final. The more people slate them (me included) the more they do just enough to win, we haven't seen the swaggering Utd side of previous years, this side is basically the same as previous years minus Ronaldo and Tevez two of the worlds best players, so that is to be expected. Ferguson has adapted the side and they are very solid in games like this and they will be looking to ride out the early storm and have enough talent to hit get a away goal, I would love to see Schalke get through but the only chance they have is if they win to nil tonight and play the games of their lives in the return game, two things I can't see happening. Schalke did well to beat Inter but lets be honest this isn't last seasons Inter, the defending for a few of the goals in the first leg was farcical and Inter looked a poor outfit all over, they won't get as many gifts tonight. You have to respect the fact that they have beaten some good sides at home in Benfica, Valencia and Lyon but none of these sides are at Uniteds level in Europe. I think any of 0-0, 0-1, 1-1 are good bets, I won't be backing anything tonight though. IMO you can only defy league form for so long. GL All..

Raul has no chance against Vidic and Ferdinand.They are better in the air and Raul is not very quick like in the past.
This is perhaps a bit dismissive of a first class professional, Raul was never blessed with great pace but is still a great technical player with an extraordinary scoring record who United themselves were interested in signing at the end of the last season if rumours are to be believed, and I think would still be playing an active role in the Madrid set up had he been convinced to stay by Mourinho as he attempted. He should not be underestimated.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Man United have not received the Most Booking Points in any of their 10 champions league games thus far. Man United's opponents have received the most cards/ booking points in 8 out of 10 of their games. Also Man United have not received a single card in 4 of their 5 away games in the champions league. All of these facts I have gathered based on my research on Man United's games in the Champions League point to one obvious bet for me, that being: 6pts Man United to win the Booking Points Match Bet @ 1.91 BlueSquare GL all :hope

Man United have not received the Most Booking Points in any of their 10 champions league games thus far. Man United's opponents have received the most cards/ booking points in 8 out of 10 of their games. Also Man United have not received a single card in 4 of their 5 away games in the champions league. All of these facts I have gathered based on my research on Man United's games in the Champions League point to one obvious bet for me, that being: 6pts Man United to win the Booking Points Match Bet @ 1.91 BlueSquare GL all :hope
it all depends whether scholes plays :rollin

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Red card awarded The referee of this game is Carlos Velasco Carballo. He is attached to the Madrid Committee and now arbitrates in Spanish primera division. Velasco Carballo is a well-known Real Madrid Supporter, and may or would like to see Raul playing in the final against a Spanish team. But the statistics are more interesting: Velasco Carballo has awarded in the last 17 games 83 yellow cards, 4.8 yellow card per game, and 1 red card in each 3 games. I think that there is a great chance of awarding a red card in this game, because of the high number of yellow cards that will be awarded and the fact that in last 10 games he has awarded just one red card. Red card awarded: 4.25 @unibet

Red card awarded The referee of this game is Carlos Velasco Carballo. He is attached to the Madrid Committee and now arbitrates in Spanish primera division. Velasco Carballo is a well-known Real Madrid Supporter, and may or would like to see Raul playing in the final against a Spanish team. But the statistics are more interesting: Velasco Carballo has awarded in the last 17 games 83 yellow cards, 4.8 yellow card per game, and 1 red card in each 3 games. I think that there is a great chance of awarding a red card in this game, because of the high number of yellow cards that will be awarded and the fact that in last 10 games he has awarded just one red card. Red card awarded: 4.25 @unibet
:welcome to PL Chawpan. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Have to say great post Zico! Very hard game to call here, Fergie would happily take a draw back to Old Trafford we know that, don't think Schalke would mind a goalless draw too by the sounds of it but you could put a strong claim in for all three results here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Schalke v Manchester United - No Goal Before 34:00 @ 5/6 - Bet365 (6/10) Under 2,5 goals are plenty short tonight so I am going to take a different route. We all know how United will set up, they will soak up the opening exchanges and then look to hit on the counter which has been the story of their Champions League on the road with great success. They have netted late goals against Valencia (85'), Bursaspor (48', 73' and 77'), Rangers (87') and took a goalless draw back to Old Trafford against Marseille. The only game that bucked the trend was the game against Chelsea when Rooney netted on the 24th minute. Tonight's battle could be between Rangnick and Ferguson tactically rather then the players on the pitch. Both side's will want to still be in with a chance come the second leg so expect a nervy, cagey opening with a bit of magic the only way of making this a loser tonight.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Its a tough one to call, market indications are that the majority of people expect this to be a low scoring affair. I do not think Schalke have the experience still at this level regardless of other results, and Fergie is a smart guy, they can soak up attacks and be lethal on the attack, he will know what to expect, this team dont want to go to old trafford without a lead. I expect this to be how the game pans out, with Man Utd being deadly on the counter attack, getting a goal, and schalke panicking and falling to pieces. Man Utd win (2.32) Betfair Over 2.5 Goals (2.56) Betfair Lay Raul to score (3.45)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April With Ferdinand alongside Vidic I can't see schalke scoring as freely as against Inter, Raul is a great player but there must have been a good reason to prompt Real to release him. Playing at home in the first leg will put additional pressure on Schalke 04 to get a decent result, and Manutd will try to catch them on the counter all of which points to a 0-0 or a 0-1 score. 0-1 @ 6.5 , 0-1 @ 8.00 William Hill

With Ferdinand alongside Vidic I can't see schalke scoring as freely as against Inter' date=' Raul is a great player but [b']there must have been a good reason to prompt Real to release him. Playing at home in the first leg will put additional pressure on Schalke 04 to get a decent result, and Manutd will try to catch them on the counter all of which points to a 0-0 or a 0-1 score. 0-1 @ 6.5 , 0-1 @ 8.00 William Hill
Real management are bunch of idiots, that's the reason. Raul had his diapers with Real Madrid logo, he played football ONLY in real and under no circumstances players like him are not released. Milan kept Maldini till he retired, Totti and Del Piero are another examples. P.S. Sorry for being off topic.

WOW Zico,that's impressive man,good job...as always :ok But i'm sticking with my bets,i think the prices i took are spot on. I will not regret even if Shalke wins ;)
By no means I did highlight Schalke situation to say a bet on them is good. It was just a small information basis where people who know Man Utd can have a better idea about the match. Good luck with the bets guys. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April i think it will be a 0-0 game. Man utd will defend even more and waste time in the 2nd half coz they know that they will get the job done in the 2nd leg. besides, neuer is doing a great job to keep a clean sheet for schalke. no chance for schalke so clean sheet for both teams.

Some info for those who is thinking to bet on both to score: United, unbeaten in their last 11 CL matches, have not conceded a single goal in any of their five CL away games this season. They have kept 13 clean sheets in their last 18 CL away matches. You just Can't argue with stats. End of the day it's a MU we are talking about.Shalke will miss some players at the back again and taking to account Hernandez and Roo's good form i think devils will score here. Don't see many goal tbh. Going for: MU -0.25AH @1.975 :) MU to keep clean sheet @2.62 :clap CS 0-1 @6.50 :eyes CS 0-0 @8.00 Roony :spank bet365 GL :ok
Nice one,just like expected.Can't argue with stats :lol

I have picked Under 2 AH @2.05 (b365), for two reasons: - Red Devils like to keep it tight on the road; - Schalke scored many goals so far but they met sides playing more openly than United. Leonardo's Inter was even playing a foolhardy style, to be honest. Today is going to be a whole different story, in my opinion. I expect a good old 0-0, perhaps 0-1 or 1-1. Small to medium stakes.
0-2, push